Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where can I get this mask from?

Page: 1 of 1
 Vibro
12-02-2005, 4:10 PM
Where can I get this mask from? http://gallery147761.fotopic.net/p12567097.html)

Is it a mod?
 The_Maker
12-02-2005, 4:27 PM
Uhm, no it isn't a mod, its just a default item, there are lots of items with the same use of that model, one I can name of the top of my head...

Force Focussing Visor, Enhanced Sheilding Visor, and Sheilding Visor...
You can find more info about K2 masks Here (http://www.starwarsknights.com/itempages/masks.php)
 Achilles
12-02-2005, 4:27 PM
Nope, its a default mask in both games.

In KotOR you get it from Evil Bastilawhen she rejoins your party after you kill Jolee and Juhani at the Rakata Temple.

TSL's random loot generator ensures that you're never quite sure where you'll get it from, or if you'll even get it at all.
 Vibro
12-02-2005, 6:00 PM
Thanks alot for your help :).
 pokejedi123
12-03-2005, 3:44 AM
hey how i cant see those spoilers
 RedHawke
12-03-2005, 5:00 AM
hey how i cant see those spoilers
Use your mouse click and highlight the text in those white boxes! ;)
 The Doctor
12-03-2005, 9:55 AM
Nope, its a default mask in both games.

In KotOR you get it from Evil Bastila

Are you sure? I know it's a bad idea to question you about this kind of ting, but I never got it from her. It's the Vacuum Mask, and I got it from a shop on Manaan (Tyvark's shop, I think it was).
 Vibro
12-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Are you sure? I know it's a bad idea to question you about this kind of ting, but I never got it from her. It's the Vacuum Mask, and I got it from a shop on Manaan (Tyvark's shop, I think it was).

Yep, I just bought it there too.
 The_Maker
12-03-2005, 7:19 PM
@ Achilles:
I assumed he was talking TSL since that is what game the screenshot is from ;)

But there are other places you can get that model in K1 too.
I never got it from Evil Bastila though... :eyeraise:
 The Doctor
12-03-2005, 9:23 PM
^ I think this might be one of those occassions where Achilles is wrong. I knew it could happen.
 Achilles
12-03-2005, 9:34 PM
^^^^
My post wasn't directed toward you. If you look at the time stamp, you'll see that we posted our responses at the same time. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Now, in response to your message: Nope, that's the only place that you'll find it in K1. If you don't believe Gamebanshee (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/equipment/headgear.php), the you can certainly use FindRefs to search through the game files yourself :D
 The Doctor
12-03-2005, 9:44 PM
Actually... our posts are nowhere near similar in time., and it can't be the only place, because I never get it there.
 Achilles
12-03-2005, 9:55 PM
Actually... our posts are nowhere near similar in time., and it can't be the only place, because I never get it there. *sigh* That'll teach me to take people off my ignore list...

Screenie (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled7vg.jpg)

It's been real...see ya around.

EDIT: BTW, since were on my ignore list, I didn't see your message. The message that I posted earlier was for The_Maker, not for you. If you think I'm wrong, then you are more than welcome to prove it by posting a screenshot showing one of your characters finding that particular item anywhere in the game other than where I said you could find it. Cheers.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-03-2005, 11:05 PM
I'd like to jump in and confirm that you do get the Vacuum mask if you go Dark Side on the Rakatan homeworld. You might not know it, but it should magically appear in your inventory.
 Achilles
12-03-2005, 11:12 PM
^^^^
Yep, right after Evil Bastila joins your party ;)
 JediKnight707
12-04-2005, 5:08 AM
Actually... our posts are nowhere near similar in time., and it can't be the only place, because I never get it there.

Achilles, look at the bold/italics/underlined, look who posted it, then look at your screenie. :)
 90SK
12-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Hmm. I never got it that way, but I never played DS to it's fullest.

I got it on the StarForge, where you get Revan's robes. You can create, among other things, a vacuum mask.
 Achilles
12-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Hmm. I never got it that way, but I never played DS to it's fullest.

I got it on the StarForge, where you get Revan's robes. You can create, among other things, a vacuum mask.Wow, you must have the cool version. When I play KotOR, the star forge computer only makes armor and robes. Based on this screenshot (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=armor5dj.jpg), I think my install might be broken or something.

And to think all this time I trusted the gamebanshee (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/equipment/headgear.php) site, which is obviously mistakenly listing only one place that you can get it.

You know what's really embarrassing though? The fact that I've played KotOR > 50 times and I've never seen it anywhere but in Bastila's inventory. I really need to learn to start paying more attention.

Thanks for setting me straight dude!
 Mace MacLeod
12-08-2005, 6:45 AM
IIRC, that mask shows up either on the top floor of the Raktan Temple (in one of the supply cans) or on the first floor of the Star Forge. I vaguely recall having to be evil to get it, but I could be wrong. It's defintely there, tho...
 Achilles
12-08-2005, 2:27 PM
I pray that a moderator will lock this thread soon... *

One last time: There is only one place in the entire game (KotOR) that you can get this mask. It is in Bastila inventory. If you choose the Dark Side in the Rakata Temple, she will join you after killing Juhani and Jolee and then it will be in your inventory too That's it. It isn't available anywhere else. Fact. Drop it. Thanks.

*God a moderator has heard your prayer but your wish won't be exauced this time :p even if you are right about the answer, there's no real point in closing threads as soon as a member finds the right answer ;) - d3
 The_Maker
12-08-2005, 4:50 PM
I beg to differ Achilles.

I got the mask somewher (don't remember) and Evil Bastila didn't join my party and I was LSF...

I can take a screenshot to prove it to you :xp:
 The Doctor
12-08-2005, 4:53 PM
EDIT: Never mind, The_Maker, I get what you mean, now.

But I do believe that you are incorrect this time, Achilles. I never got it from Evil Bastila, and it seems that I'm not the only one. Now let's all stop arguing before the mods get P.O'd. Let's just agree to disagree.
 Achilles
12-08-2005, 5:31 PM
I beg to differ Achilles.

I got the mask somewher (don't remember) and Evil Bastila didn't join my party and I was LSF...

I can take a screenshot to prove it to you :xp:Please do. I would love for someone to post one screen shot showing this. I posted references confirming my position, but all I've recieved in return is heresay.
 deathdisco
12-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Achilles is right. It comes in Dark Bastila's inventory. She doesn't give it to you (ie:"Here you go Revan take this mask"), it's just in your inventory when she joins your party.
 RobQel-Droma
12-08-2005, 11:30 PM
^I have to say, Achilles, that the place I got it in KotOR I was in a container if you go DS on the Rakatan upper floor. Unless I am mistake, which I don't think I am.
 Achilles
12-09-2005, 2:17 AM
^I have to say, Achilles, that the place I got it in KotOR I was in a container if you go DS on the Rakatan upper floor. Unless I am mistake, which I don't think I am.This (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bastila5yx.jpg) is the inventory of p_bastila001.utc. If you go to RIMs>Modules>unk_m44ac_s.rim>Blueprint, Character you'll find 6 files for Bastila (7 if you count the .utc used for the cutscene). Each file has Bastila at a different level so that when she rejoins you, it's at a commiserate level with yours. Every single one of them includes this item.

This item can only be obtained through Bastila's inventory. This (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/equipment/headgear.php) website confirms it. Someone please post a screenshot or some other form of documentation that proves otherwise. Repeatedly posting "well I could swear that I found it _________" does not strengthen your argument. I will happily admit that I'm wrong as soon as someone posts with proof.

EDIT: There are four placeables in the top level of the temple:

1) Bastila's ship
2) an invisible placeable
3) an empty container (used three times in the ajoining room)
4) a Rakata computer

Not a single one of these placeables has an inventory. Therefore, you cannot obtain this item anywhere else in this module. Please let me know if you need screenshots of the empty inventory screens for each of these placeables.
 Darth333
12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Achilles is right. I searched the files with findrefs and Kotor tool and I haven't seen any other location where you can get it from.
 90SK
12-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Wow, you must have the cool version. When I play KotOR, the star forge computer only makes armor and robes. Based on this screenshot (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=armor5dj.jpg), I think my install might be broken or something.

Wow, tough luck man. I hope they'll reimburse you ok. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/11crazy_smilie.gif)

I went back to my original Starforge savegame to capture a screenshot of the machine, but it seems that Achilles is indeed correct. It was quite devoid of any vacuum masks.

So my question now is: how can you get this if you're LS (if at all)?
 Achilles
12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
So my question now is: how can you get this if you're LS (if at all)?You can't. My take is that the devs wanted to have some sort of DS equivalent to the Circlet of Saresh (Tulak Horde's mask is not it) so they made this and placed it in such a way that you could only get it if you went to the Dark Side (instead of making it with an alignment restriction)
 RobQel-Droma
12-09-2005, 12:52 PM
^Hmmm... Well, sorry about that Achilles, as you said, I could just "swear that I found it" there. But, ever since I got TSL, I haven't played KotOR I for a while, so I would remember.
 deathdisco
12-09-2005, 4:26 PM
You can't. My take is that the devs wanted to have some sort of DS equivalent to the Circlet of Saresh (Tulak Horde's mask is not it) so they made this and placed it in such a way that you could only get it if you went to the Dark Side (instead of making it with an alignment restriction)
I think it is more to emulate the cut-scene Revan's mask. Although a poor substitute.
 The Doctor
12-09-2005, 4:42 PM
I acceot that I am wrong, but is their another mask that uses the same or a similar model on Mannan? Because I swear I've gotten something like it there.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-09-2005, 6:34 PM
Not without mods. Like someone said, it's only "well, I remembered it was there..."
Well, the people who said that it was indeed only available in Dark Bastilla's inventory actually came up with more then that.

The only way you could have a mask like that without being DS and getting it on Rakata is cheats and mods.
 The Doctor
12-09-2005, 6:58 PM
Well then I don't know what I'm thinking of. It could be a mod, but it's more likely that I'm going insane.
 OoMandaloreoO
12-11-2005, 3:32 AM
Where can I get this mask from? http://gallery147761.fotopic.net/p12567097.html)

Is it a mod?

Please refrain from insulting other users, or spamming off-topic stuff.
CR

wht i never said this
 PoiuyWired
12-11-2005, 1:45 PM
It can't be "Dropped" in containers even in a hard game at really high levels?
 Achilles
12-11-2005, 9:12 PM
It can't be "Dropped" in containers even in a hard game at really high levels?I'm sure that's a possibility for games that have random loot systems (such as TSL), but not for games that have a static loot system (such as KotOR). To be fair, KotOR does have a fairly basic random loot system, however it is limited to useable items such as stims, medpacs, credits, etc.
 Tie_killer
12-21-2005, 7:50 AM
How do you make those spoiler things?
 RedHawke
12-21-2005, 8:15 AM
^^^^
Put tags like this [ spoiler] at the beginning of the Text you want to white out close the text with this one [ /spoiler]

Just remove the spaces I put in the tags... :D
Page: 1 of 1