Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dantooine and Korriban for K3?

Page: 2 of 3
 a_nazgul
12-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Both planets have a great importance for this history, but I'm so tired of exploring the same areas, I think we need those worlds, but with far bigger areas, and obviusly, new ones.
 JediMaster12
12-14-2005, 11:43 AM
yep
 Rain128
12-14-2005, 12:53 PM
in my opinion stop beating the horse ... its quite dead.....

i would however like to see some kotor I planets again like Tatooine (sp) and Mannan
 darthward
12-14-2005, 1:08 PM
I definatly think dantooine and korriban should be in it bcoz they are the base planets of both sides of the force. I would like to enter the tombs on korriban and the 1 tomb on dantooine.The tomb blocked in TSL n were the mercanaries gathered.
 Darth Windu
12-14-2005, 9:43 PM
ward - that wasn't a tomb. I'm pretty sure that was the Star Map complex that Malak leveled when he attacked the planet.
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I think ive seen all that i wanted to on these two planets, and unless they are either extended or mapped elsewhere on the planet, i dont see any reason why it should be in K3.
 Arбtoeldar
12-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Neither, the both are good planets but have been beaten to death.
 Darca Lar
12-18-2005, 3:45 PM
Yea, both planets as ive seen them so far have become nothing more than battle scarred ruins.
 RobQel-Droma
12-18-2005, 5:38 PM
But they are still very famous planets, one for being the refuge of the Sith, and the other as the same for the Jedi. It just doesn't seem right not to have KotOR, especially with the kind of game it is, and not have Korriban as the evil-filled planet, or have Dantooine as the center of the Jedi in the games.

But of course, by all means, extend the areas except for the few modules that really need to stay.
 PoiuyWired
12-19-2005, 2:38 PM
I would really like to see the DaShade colony... and YES the Droid Planet.

Korriban as a 20 minute jump stop to a new place would be nice, but its kinda boring since its basically a dead rock, for now. We have enough of Dantooine... time for a change.

How about Yavin 4??? or how about UTAPAU!!! Its a nice place when you look out into the cliff with all those nice buildings sticking out, and pools of life in the sink holes.
 RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 4:55 PM
I think you mean Dreshdae. :) And just so you know, this isn't about the Droid Planet- this is for Korriban and Dantooine.
 Soogz
12-20-2005, 8:00 PM
I too would like to see Dreshdae return. I want to be able to go into more areas rather than like 4 rooms.... :/
 RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 9:00 PM
I didn't really care for Dreshdae, there really wasn't much there except for being a beginning/landing pad for KotOR I. Perhaps have a kind of Nar Shaddaa refugee problem, except a lot smaller? People who can't get off and are stuck there, at the mercy of some local thugs and the Sith.
 Hallucination
12-20-2005, 9:38 PM
There has to be Korriban and Dantooine. Just because they're Korriban and Dantooine. They don't need any reasons other than that.
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 1:00 PM
I admit at first I thought no way for Dantooine and Korriban but the more I think about it, the more I see the importance of them being mentioned. After all Dantooine later is the planet of the Rebel base before Yavin and Korriban is the place of the Sith. So in short, KOTOR 3 should at least mention or if we do go there, different areas like on Dantooine, the spaceport mentioned in KOTOR I believe it is called Garang.
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 2:48 PM
^Exactly. I agree with Hallucination too, as I said, Korriban/Dantooine are just part of the KotOR games. You can't really find a good replacement for them.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 10:04 PM
yea you got a point there, but what else could you explore on these planets you havent seen yet.
 rhinomatt
01-01-2006, 8:08 PM
Korriban and Dantooine are the ying and yang of the KOTOR saga and should stay but i think that korriban should be changed to you see more of the city and not the enclave.
as for dantooie it should stay and the caves should be a hideing place for the jedi, and to make it awsome why not have the girl and boy that you save from the two main familys the 'administrators' of dantooine at the time. and they are suplying reven when he comes back into the known reagons yet only they know.
only a wacky idia....

Never the less Korriban and Dantooine SHOULD STAY!
 Vaelastraz
01-04-2006, 2:20 PM
hm i dont really know...
In kotor I i liked dantoine and i really loved korriban, korriban was my favourite planet. I like that i-want-to-join-that-academy-feeling. There were a lot of people to interact with.
in Kotor II both planets were recycled. And both of them i likes least. Dxun/Onderon was the best planet imo.
So, if Korriban returns, what could be interesting there? the sith academy is destroyed and noone lives there anymore. For me this is enough, i dont want to visit a planet where hardly noone lives. Even if we can explore other areas, what do you think could be there? ancient tombs of the sith, nothing more. That isnt enough imo.
And Dantoine? well there are more people at least... but i think after beeing in both Kotors the environment isnt that interesting anymore. If they make something real interesting and new out of it, yeah, but i wonder what that could be.

The only used planet I'd like to really visit (apart from Onderon) is a rebuild Taris! :) but thats unlikely so we better go with Coruscant!
 Sith_Reven
01-04-2006, 2:43 PM
both places have their significance and they both need to be in the game. They were both quite short and definately need to be longer. Korriban needs to have a darker storyline with more history or history lessons and the player should be able to take trials and have boobytraps again and meet apparitions of sith lords like Marka Ragnos or Naga Sadow. Dantooine needs to be central and since it is a kind of dull planet that bears a similar resemblance to Saskatchewan, Canada it should hold secrets both dark and light with underground passages and ruins---(Korriban)"...Like Malachor the sith have forgotten it...for a time, but they will remember."-Kreia
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 5:31 PM
Neither. I'd rather have Ziost and Drumond Kaas, myself.
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 3:50 PM
What planets are those?
 RobQel-Droma
01-19-2006, 11:53 PM
@Darth Insidious- I understand you, but those really don't take the role of Dantooine and Korriban. Of course, maybe you don't care about that either.

@JediMaster12, those are two Sith worlds. I think Ziost was one of the original True Sith planets, and Dromund Kaas was the Sith planet that Mara Jade went to in the Unknown Regions to find Kyle Katarn (in Mysteries of the Sith).
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Ohhhh. Thanks for the info. Those do sound like interesting planets. They could be connected to Korriban with some dark secret. Remember what Ajunta Paul said about their oldest and darkest secret?
 Clone L68362
01-20-2006, 5:37 PM
Heh, I voted neither but now that I think about, Korriban would be nice. In K1 it was sparsely populated, with Sith still around. In 2 it was deserted and...creepier than ****. I would just like to see how it's evolved in 3.
 MachineCult
01-20-2006, 6:03 PM
I agree about Korriban being creepy in K2, I think both planets should be in K3
 JediMaster12
01-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Heh, I voted neither but now that I think about, Korriban would be nice. In K1 it was sparsely populated, with Sith still around. In 2 it was deserted and...creepier than ****. I would just like to see how it's evolved in 3.

Quoted for emphasis
 Clone L68362
01-23-2006, 8:55 PM
That's a good point Skye. To make it more realistic I'd like to see day and night on planets. And different things happening, like different quests do-able only at night, different people or something.
 JediMaster12
01-24-2006, 2:10 PM
That sounds cool! My question is will it fit with D20 rules?
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-24-2006, 2:31 PM
^Exactly. I agree with Hallucination too, as I said, Korriban/Dantooine are just part of the KotOR games. You can't really find a good replacement for them.

C'mon Rob, you must be kidding. With all the planets in the Star Wars universe, I can't believe that you, of all people can't think of better worlds to conquer than the same old dead a$$ planets. The only thing worth exploring on Korriban are the Sith tombs.
...uh, did that already.

Dreshdae sucks bantha privates, and the rest of the planet is as barren and useless as Tatooine. ...don't get me started on that.

As for Dantooine. UHHGGG! How many kinrath should I kill the next time I go there. Or will it be Kathhounds this time.
Please, I need new challenges.

OK, maybe I'm a little hard on these worlds, I'm just a little sick of them.
Then, how about a side quest that takes us there, or something really brief.

I can live with that as long as the main storyline quest has us feeling like we did when we first picked up Kotor. New, fresh, unexplored planets and our eyes full of wonder.
 90SK
01-24-2006, 3:34 PM
The only thing worth exploring on Korriban are the Sith tombs.
...uh, did that already.

:eyeraise: Are you kidding me? We haven't even scratched the surface.
 JediMaster12
01-25-2006, 11:36 AM
You got a point there. What if there was a secret ritual place or a hidden settlement?

Statement: My gears are practically quivering with anticipation.
 90SK
01-25-2006, 3:09 PM
You got a point there. What if there was a secret ritual place or a hidden settlement?

We already know that there are endless catacombs under the surface of Korriban. Hundreds of antechambers and sprawling caverns filled with the wealth of the Sith. Think ancient Egypt, you know?
 JediMaster12
01-25-2006, 6:45 PM
I see your point Skye. And those chambers would be filled with dark energies as well since Korriban is a Sith world. I wonder what the caverns would look like besides being smelly ole caves.
 Snakey
01-26-2006, 7:29 AM
Korriban! Lots of goodies there.
 igyman
02-07-2006, 5:53 PM
Korriban - yes!! Dantooine - please no!
 Spartanghost220
02-07-2006, 6:44 PM
Korriban - yes!! Dantooine - please no!

I think korriban sould be a yes if maybe you get to learn about the true sith there like go back into the tombs again and go deeper and fine more information to help you know more about them but not really just to go there cause I really like going into the tombs in KOTOR but i found maybe there sould have been more just kind make you wonder more want to find out. Dantooine well hummm I think that sould be up to what you did in KOTOR 2 if KOTOR 3 is based off what you did in that one if you saved the republic i think there sould be a new jedi enclave if not heck make the planet destoryed or something lol but of course it could be there againa dn you could go the crystal cave again to learn more about revans and the exiles attacks there
 JediMaster12
02-07-2006, 9:31 PM
Yes Korriban is a vital location because of the True Sith. Ajunta Pall, his ghost, gives some interesting tidbits about it. Even on the loading bar it says that Korriban was the homeworld of the Sith before the first fallen Jedi came.
Yes to Dantooine because well, it's Dantooine and it's one of those places to meditate, if you are a Jedi. It's like the staging ground for the good guys.
 eye_of_osiris02
02-19-2006, 1:41 AM
I think KOTOR3 should introduce Corsucant. I think that would be cool!
 TiGroundcrawler
03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I voted for both, but i think the game would become alot better with the intorducion of new planets and more planets. Question. How many space docks would each planet have??? Could they have more than one???
 darklord_malak
06-14-2006, 11:56 AM
i voted for both also, but i think that the way that the plot has gon by the previous games people are looking to take the planets out, both are like dead worlds.
 Henz
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
I voted neither. Maybe. Maybe Korriban if it was a different part of the planet.
 Diego Varen
06-14-2006, 1:01 PM
God I forgot about this Poll. Just Korriban, because I like the Planet and I prefer it to Dantooine. But like others have said, make some new areas for it.
 darklord_malak
06-14-2006, 2:02 PM
i like korriban because of the sith history and sith academy, but i guess there can be an acadmey and a jedi temple anywhere.
 Lord Foley
06-17-2006, 1:03 AM
As I said before, deja vu is great, though Korriban has nothing left to give. They did the same thing twice with that planet, its a graveyard, we know, it has been fully squeezed dry. Dantooine still flourishes, though, and I'd love to see it in KotOR III, seeing as it was my favourite planet in both the prequels.
 tastyclesx2
02-07-2009, 2:39 PM
I say make them the first two planets, you crash on Korriban in the original area and find a way into newer tombs where the true sith are and some prisoners (companions) and you escape in a sith ship but the ship is set to Dantooine, (like how the ebon hawk was set to telos) giving way that they could be planning an attack. Someone there recognizes its design as one of the old sith ships and takes you to khoonda where one of the jedi compainions from a previous games tells you of t3 coming back with the ebon hawk and asks you to find where revan and the exile are.
 Ibelin
02-12-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't think making Korriban the second Peragus is a good idea.Peragus is so creepy even with not too many of the Sith.So Korriban,full of Sith soul->much creepier.
I think they should both be in the game.But later on,not at the beginning of the game.
 Zerimar Nyliram
02-14-2009, 4:06 PM
Kreia advises you to visit the cave after your business at the Academy is done, which I've always followed, but are there any negative effects on the game or your mission if you do the cave and the tomb of Ludo Kressh first? I've always thought the dead Lona Vash (or the missing Lona Vash, coupled with being pointed toward M4-78) and the fight with Darth Sion was a great cliffhanger to end your visit to Korriban with.

I thought it was a great Chewie-get-us-out-of-here moment, and going to the cave after doing it and before boarding your ship kind of ruins that feeling. So does anything happen if you should visit the cave before going to the Academy? Do you lose influence with Kreia or anything like that?

Also, I would not want to see Dantooine or Korriban in Knights of the Old Republic III (assuming that by "K3" the author is not referring to The Old Republic MMO). They were cool, but enough is enough. Let's have Ziost as an alternative to Korriban.
 Darth Avlectus
02-20-2009, 1:56 AM
Wow, this is an old thread...

<snip> I'm not saying that they should just reuse the same exact areas, I just think that they should keep prominent areas like the Jedi Enclave area, and the Valley of the Dark Lords. Other than that, they should show us other parts of the planets, perhaps far away from the original areas. What do you think?

There could be much, much more on those planets. I agree. Yet at the same time they are becoming a bit worn out.

Neither. Why always keep the old things? I definitely prefer to have new planets. I think Korriban has been over-used already. While I enjoyed it a lot in k1, in k2 it was an empty world with not much to do on it and I think I've seen enough of Dantoine. A great deal of the fun in this type of game is to explore new worlds. The only things I want to keep from the first 2 games are HK, t3 and the Hawk (but I could still live without the hawk). They can get rid of everything else.

Even the silver lightsabers?:freakout:
Vader: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, I wouldn't mind Telos being in, I suppose that Korriban and Dantooine are kind of getting old. I did say before that I wanted them in, but only if they have something new. Agreed.

Korriban I really want in, it just belongs there as the Sith planet, and Dantooine as far as I am concerned isn't as good as Coruscant or Telos; But still, it has been the Jedi Enclave planet, so unless they change the Jedi Academy to another planet, I think it would stay. Korriban seemingly will always have some little charm or another to throw at us, I think. I think Coruscant needs to be there this time--it is mentioned too much in the KOTOR games to not be. PLus it has been made central to SW.

I would not mind the old ruins of the Jedi Temple of Onderon being there.

Yes, right. Oh, and developers, while you are at it, Lightsabres are over-used and there is no need for them to be inserted; those buggers are getting rather annoying. Party Members are such a bore as well, I am sick of those punch bags.

And the Ebon Hawk, yet again? Please get rid of it. Seeing it again is completely over-using and there is nothing new to see there, and it is also empty; It's so empty that you can put whatever you want in there.

Awesome name, yo!

To an extent about the lightsabers, I sort of agree, but K2 did a fair enough job making you work for it I think. You have to be clever and lucky to get very many. Maybe they could make some more weapon variants and stuffs.

What's wrong with Mandalore, or Bao Dur? Or Mira? :confused:

Lightabers being over-used is the problem of the user.... dont see the game forcing us to use that weapon.... No, but having it in K1 at least once or twice, you are forced to.

getting rid of the party members?? i'm guessing you want your character to be gods gift to the universe mastering anything and everything. And whats this about getting rid of the Ebon Hawk? why not just take the falcon out of ROTJ, or ESB (siad in sarcasm)

:eyeraise: Are you kidding me? We haven't even scratched the surface.

Well, I always thought there could be more considering Palpatine visited castles and temples on Korriban in his time. OTherwise there needs to be another sith planet.:carms:

I don't think making Korriban the second Peragus is a good idea.Peragus is so creepy even with not too many of the Sith.So Korriban,full of Sith soul->much creepier.
I think they should both be in the game.But later on,not at the beginning of the game.

What's wrong with horror shows and creep mansions? I actually like that sort of thing, thank you very much. Like the first time I played peragus. If there were a way to sort of randomize peragus I would actually ejoy a replay of it a heluva lot more.

I say make them the first two planets, you crash on Korriban in the original area and find a way into newer tombs where the true sith are and some prisoners (companions) and you escape in a sith ship but the ship is set to Dantooine, (like how the ebon hawk was set to telos) giving way that they could be planning an attack. Someone there recognizes its design as one of the old sith ships and takes you to khoonda where one of the jedi compainions from a previous games tells you of t3 coming back with the ebon hawk and asks you to find where revan and the exile are. Well, that is a very clever idea...

However, everyone has their own ideas. :giveup:
 Seikan
04-24-2009, 1:39 PM
Neither, Kotor 3 must have new planets, on the Unknown Regions, maybe planets completely unknown, never mentionned, maybe korriban at first planet like peragus, but not more, just maybe.
Page: 2 of 3