Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How long will You wait before you play Online.

Page: 1 of 1
 starmark2k
11-27-2005, 1:08 PM
Normally when i get a game with online multiplayer i like to know the game inside out before i go out on to a server and start making my opponants cry like babys (or i start crying like a baby). So when do you like to start playing online.
 Snafu7
11-27-2005, 1:20 PM
I always play multiplayer after I beat the single player game.
 popcorn2008
11-27-2005, 1:40 PM
I usually will play online after I have completed about 3 or so single player missions. I will also play LAN with my brother before going online so I can get the hang of multiplayer games.
 Perfect Soldier
11-27-2005, 1:45 PM
Most likely I will finish the rebel and imperial campaign so I can get an idea on what tactics to use then move on to online.
 Jeff
11-27-2005, 1:50 PM
After I figure out the game and get pretty good at it, I'll try online.
 StealthWar42
11-27-2005, 1:57 PM
Yeah, same as everyone else who posted before me.

By the way, Firefly rocks! :D
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-27-2005, 2:03 PM
After I figure out the game and get pretty good at it, I'll try online.

Same here. After I get the hang of the game I'll play online.
 Garbageben
11-27-2005, 2:58 PM
I usually will play online after I have completed about 3 or so single player missions. I will also play LAN with my brother before going online so I can get the hang of multiplayer games.
I play LAN with my brother too. Mostly I won't play too much online with games (prefer playing against people I at least know about), so as far as ladder battles I probably won't care, but playing against friends online, Sure!
 -=Nuke=-
11-27-2005, 3:24 PM
Couple of days will be testing-time for Rebellion and Empire tactics, than online gaming!

Will there be a empire@war.net community ?
 Admiral Sith
11-28-2005, 7:02 PM
Strange email isnt it
 Darth_Extas
11-28-2005, 7:16 PM
I'd like to see the full view of the Rebel and Imperial power, before I go all out as the Imperials.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-28-2005, 11:01 PM
I try to get a good handle of the two civs before trying online. I usually get pretty good in single player before even trying online.

Some people might say that SP experience is worth nothing in the MP realm, but they're wrong :p
I played a lot of StarCraft and AOE2 before going online and there wasn't much difference between the AI and the humans. More often then not, the AI happens to be the better opponent.
 starmark2k
11-29-2005, 7:42 AM
Some people might say that SP experience is worth nothing in the MP realm, but they're wrong :p
I played a lot of StarCraft and AOE2 before going online and there wasn't much difference between the AI and the humans. More often then not, the AI happens to be the better opponent.

I find that aswell the thing is you do get more variety with humans as they can think more 'out the box' than an A.I, A.i tend to follow set stratergies and obviouly have no thinking time which can make them quite formidable (In some cases the highest AI setting can be near impossible to beat.) Also Humans are failible which i think adds realism to Multiplayer games.
Page: 1 of 1