Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor glitch <Very minor spoilers>

Page: 1 of 1
 Unexunex
11-22-2005, 12:04 AM
After browsing the web for an example for a few hours, I am getting pretty desperate on this bug I have. I see about one or two other examples of similar problems of mine on other forums, but I never see anyone who could solve it. Here it is:

I am currently on Dantooine. I have completed all the quests and I am ready to head to the next planet. When I enter the Ebon Hawk, the game suddenly goes back to the main menu of the game; I can move the mouse, but I can’t click on any of the buttons. If I press Alt-F4, and click cancel, I am free to click any button on the menu again. I have tried going on the Ebon Hawk about 10 times, and every single time this occurs.

My system is definitely fast enough to run the game, no worries on that. I have tried uninstalling and installing the game again, the glitch is still there. Before I found the glitch, I have also used KSE to change the gender from female to male, the appearance, portrait, and sound set. I don’t know if KSE is a cause for this problem, but I changed all the settings of gender and appearance back to the way it was and still nothing happened.

I would VERY much appreciate if anyone could give any suggestions or if any of you have seen this problem before.
 SITHSLAYER133
11-22-2005, 4:55 PM
this happens to me somtimes sometimes reinstalling ur graphic card with latest drivers
or u can just Reload an earlier save
 Unexunex
11-22-2005, 7:28 PM
Thanks for the answer.

I actually did install the newest driver available. I also just used only one save game, I guess there isn't any going back.
 stingerhs
11-22-2005, 11:44 PM
hmm, i've heard of this glitch before, and i think it was addressed in the patch. if not, well, there's not much more i can tell ya since this doesn't sound like a hardware related issue.
 Unexunex
11-23-2005, 1:14 AM
Hm, I decided to finally start over from the beginnning. It took a while to get through all the stuff, but the glitch seems to be gone now...

THx for the help anyways.
 The Doctor
11-23-2005, 7:24 PM
If the glitch happens again, make sure you've downloaded as many patches as possible. If you have, try turning off shadows, grass, etc.
 SITHSLAYER133
11-24-2005, 1:01 AM
srry i couldnt be anymore help
Page: 1 of 1