Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dagobah in GC

Page: 1 of 1
 Angarah
11-14-2005, 11:20 PM
I have been playing Galactic Conques with the clones, and have so far I have conquered Tatooine, Mygeeto, Felucia, Coruscant, Naboo, Geonosis, Yavin and a couple others I can't remember. The enemy only has Dagobah, Polis Massa and Mustafar left. I attacked Dagobah with one of my fleets, using the Garrison bonus (when your reinforcement count gets to low it adds about 30 to it). Yet I simply cannot beat Dagobah. It is the only map I ever have problems with, and my teammates are so dumb that I always get down to one or two CP's with hordes of droids spilling in. I have been playing pretty well in my own opinion, certainly no worse than on other planets, but I cannot win, even with extra reinforcements. The enemy is using the energy boost bonus, which is pretty sad. Any ideas on how I can get past this swamp hell-hole?
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 11:25 PM
What force do you use? Anyway, honestly, to tell you the truth, he have never lost on Dagobah. No matter who I'm facing I win, wether it's my friend or not. Usually Icall my troops over to take over command posts. I should any enemies are in site. Also, if you have did snipers available, then use the auto turrets. Well, I'll try to help..just tell me what parts you are having trouble with.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 11:37 PM
all i do is ruch in and tak a command post (obi!)
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Also...heroes will help.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 11:41 PM
well, technically, heroes didn't really help me, i just lost double the guys i killed.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Heroes always help me a lot...again I always seem to win the battles with them.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 11:46 PM
(him again)

Yeah, heroes work, but use them wisely, to try to help out gurading your team. I just end up losing my guys.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Then be careful. And to you have a problem with me? I am just responding to your posts.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 11:49 PM
no, i hardly ever get anyone to respond except you, which is good
(never mind what i said)
 MandaloreBIC
11-15-2005, 2:00 AM
hero suck on dagoba, yoda is not good there (why did he ever hide THERE!!!!!)
the trick is to spawn realy fast, cap one of the CPs that the enemy would get in normal gameplay and then keep spawning there and make SURE taht you DON"T lose it at ALL costs!!!!! taht's all there is to it....
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 1:16 PM
Actually, heroes don't suck there, well maybe for you, but not for me. There very helpful when your enemy has auto turrets. This level you might have to work more defensively than normally. Since, the command posts are very easy to capture.
 zerted
11-15-2005, 1:29 PM
no, i hardly ever get anyone to respond except you, which is good
(never mind what i said)
Hello. I'm not very good at this level, but I'm able to just make it. I don't have any hints/tips to beat this one yet.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 1:43 PM
Eh, Daddyboom, zerted responded to your post. Now there's two people whi respnded to your posts. Anywho, I seem to be the only one who doesn't have troulble in Dagobah. :)
 hk47
11-15-2005, 2:37 PM
i could never get herop on mine cause on my game it picks the boues itself!!! and when i do get the hero boues on i get about 40 or 50 points and no hero i played as cis on gc
 Redtech
11-16-2005, 6:40 AM
I'm decent at that level.

It's important to take agressive action FAST! I love BF2 in that it encourages me to headshot with machine guns. The quicker you can kill something, the slower they will kill you. When you die, check if someone's nicking your post and spawn there. It's probably easier to kill enemies trying to come towards you then to cross the river to nick their posts, but it doesn't mean you can't try, but don't expect to push them back completely.

Autoturrents are a godsend.
 Darth Alec
11-16-2005, 2:50 PM
I used to have problem there, until I embraced the dark side and joined the confederacy.
Just try to grab the ones we usually have, that is annoying.
 Redtech
11-17-2005, 7:13 AM
You do realise that by Episode 3. The ConFeds are the good guys?

Anyway, anyone who values people so high they don't send them to fight is a good thing by me. (So is free trade, beer and the right to get lardy and not have some Jedi moan about my treatement of Twilek girls).
 Darth Alec
11-21-2005, 3:11 AM
No there not, there evil, and the rep is only half evil. Until order 66 that is....
 PoiuyWired
11-21-2005, 2:00 PM
Well, actually in GC what you need to use in Dagobah is... Becta Tanks.

It keeps your stray AIs alive, and usually they wander into enemy terratory anyways.

Now start running around and claiming CPs. The ieda is:
1) make sure you have 3+ CP
2) make enemy have less than 3 CP, and let the detuctions hurt them

Also, ALWAYS turn enemy indicators on. You may not be able to see your enemies with your eyes, but the red diamond shows where they are. Spamming the lock button helps also, helps further pointing out the hidden guys. It makes head shot much much easier. Aim between the lock on sign and the diamond, you usually have a head shot, even when the foilage covers your mark!!
 Redtech
11-22-2005, 9:02 AM
Darth Alec, I don't really want to get into an "Evil" debate. I recall some poetry about a Nazi conc. camp officer who was really kind and gentle to his loved ones and a shiny example of modern day fatherhood...except he had a penchant for gassing Jews.

It's all "realtive" :P
--------------------------------------

Poiuyweird, good tactic. Autoturrents aren't too bad either. I find camping the health bots is really helpful and the targeting indicators are a GODSEND!
 The Eyes
11-24-2005, 8:55 PM
Odd, when I use the clones it usually the first place I conquer. The key I always use is get autoturrets, they help alot. And also capture and hold both the big tree and the crashed gunship. that usually works.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I find the hardest place to keep hold of is the command post that has the sunken X-Wing. Though in the end, I win.
 droidekaslayr
11-25-2005, 4:27 AM
yeh same here im constantly running around trying to make up for my AI's uselessness at holding command posts
 Darth Alec
11-25-2005, 9:28 AM
Ok, no evil debate.
Dagobah is kinda difficult. Try to get a group around you to help, they are more usefull then the other ones, since they follow you around. This helps on all maps.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Yes....make sure you have an army to help you. And strafe a lot, so you can avoid blaster fire.
 PoiuyWired
11-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Note, enemies come in waves, sort of. And most likely surviving AIs are plentiful, and in mid-health... give them becta tanks! Also, you can "transplant" AIs. Ask them to follow you, and dump them when you take a new spot so they do the defend. They can hold up a wave or two, with the new spawns. You then go after a spawn behind enemy line. Enemies usually don't make taking them back the first piority, and your friendly spawns will slowly annoy the computer... allowing your friendly meatbags more time to regenerate health.

Also, remember your selection of troops is important. DON'T Recuit snipers and heavys (unless you really want to play them), since AI sucks at them. IA snipers camps at unnecessary places sometimes way behind in friendly areas, and they can't hit vehicles well with heavys, usually end up pistoling with regular grunts anyways. Recuit special classes cause AI will use them even at the start of the level, and that they seem to have infinite number of buffs. Oh, 90% of the time computer is using pistols with Jumppackers, so leave those at home also.
 Xtermanator
12-23-2005, 1:32 AM
Try this. If you buy a Hero for the bouns, you are able to play as him when you first spawn. Also try using the block button so you do not deplete so fast. If you have AI taking a CP and you're there with them, run off and kill some units. Try getting used to the Engineer class, the Detpack and health and cannon are quite useful at times.
 deamonomic
12-24-2005, 8:32 PM
ive never realy had any trouble with any map. i even recal one time i was messing around and my reinforcements got down to 1 (me) i had 1 cp.... and they had 43 left an i still won
 JaWaJake
03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
ive never realy had any trouble with any map. i even recal one time i was messing around and my reinforcements got down to 1 (me) i had 1 cp.... and they had 43 left an i still won

If you were to give one tip on how to come out ahead when it's 43-1 what would you advise?

And was Auto-Aim on?
 BinaryZero
03-10-2006, 1:53 PM
A few things I can think of on Dagobah, which I almost never have problems with (Felucia always seems to be a sticking point for me):

1)Keep an eye on what happens with CP2 (the one in the cave). If it seems to fall to the enemy a lot, try defending it yourself a bit. Mines and detpacks should be highly effective as the cave entrance is fairly narrow.

2)If garrison isn't working you may want to consider some other options for your bonus. Have you tried maybe autoturrets? I've found that on maps where I have trouble (especially Felucia) that always seems to work well.

3)Enemy indicators are definitely a good idea. This map (and Felucia) have funky vegetation so you can't always see people until they're right up on you.
 Empirecitizen
04-01-2006, 1:16 PM
Heros are a blessing....
yes, Dagobah is a bit difficult for the republic, the AIs are so dumb...
Yet, yoda is really short and he can breath underwater.....
I hid in the river and kill any droids that cross it.
And about Felucia, I find it extremely easy with hero.

So, spam your hero when you have problems.
 Genral O
04-01-2006, 3:19 PM
sometimes I have the same problem.Try the hero bonus.
 farfalo
04-13-2006, 7:45 AM
Eh, Daddyboom, zerted responded to your post. Now there's two people whi respnded to your posts. Anywho, I seem to be the only one who doesn't have troulble in Dagobah. :)

I own in Dagobah. It just annoys me when the enemy keeps attacking it in GC.
 TSR
04-15-2006, 5:17 AM
don't capture the cp's that are undergrond. if the enemy has only those and you have the ones above ground, it sets up a devastating choke point for them that absolutely rips them apart. even those clones that are usually assigned to wall guarding (or in this case, broken LAAT or tree guarding) get in on the action, and a thermal detonator will guarantee you a couple of kills if you lob one in :)
Hope commander obi-wan and daddyboom make up soon :)
Page: 1 of 1