Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hero Assault on Hoth?

Page: 1 of 2
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-13-2005, 6:18 PM
Check out this pick: http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theed2hk.jpg)

I find it rather interesting......
 deamonomic
11-13-2005, 6:26 PM
what do you find interesting?
 MachineCult
11-13-2005, 6:40 PM
what do you find interesting?

Hero Assault on Hoth. Thats interesting!? Have you played it?

Can i see Han Solo holding a purple lightsaber?
 Angarah
11-13-2005, 8:13 PM
Wow, I guess someone figured out how to make other maps Hero Assault maps. They better tell us how to do it, I want to see a Mustafar: Assault map!
 Kurgan
11-13-2005, 9:18 PM
Looks like the hex editing of SWBF2 has begun. ;)

In SWBF1 people figured out how to change the classes you can choose (swapping in npc's and jedi as playable for example).

They obviously edited Hoth to become a Hero Assault mission (check the HUD... no lightsaber bar, so it's not Conquest mode). And likely edited the classes as well (Han with the saber).

In order to play this you'd need the modified LVL files the person used.

Anyway, they have to be using edited files, because hot1g_eli and hot1c_eli both get fatal errors, and there's no other way I know of to get more than two heroes at a time like what you see in the picture (which doesn't appear to be faked).

If you know how to use UltraEdit and have some time on your hands, go for it!
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Though if you do that the game looks "messed up" and personally I think make it look kinda stupid.
 Angarah
11-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I dont think Han has a lightsaber, thats just Mace's getting in the way
 Daddyboom
11-13-2005, 11:33 PM
No, Mace is on the other side of the picture, he could have a lightsaber...

Still Death Star assult with heroes would be fun!
 Angarah
11-13-2005, 11:41 PM
No, Mace is on the other side of the picture, he could have a lightsaber...

Still Death Star assult with heroes would be fun!

:blast5: :rifle1: :blaze6: :chainsaw: :gunleap: :uzi1: :mob: :lazerhead :attack2: :headblast

You can have more than one of each hero
 Daddyboom
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh yeah, still Han looks like hes carring a gun in the picture (look closely
 RaV™
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
With my expertise vison (@ LIAYD), IT looks like Han is carrying his blaster, because the way he is moving..that's my assumption.
 Kurgan
11-14-2005, 3:34 PM
Okay I guess you're right, there is a second Mace Windu in the shot (you can see his boots behind Secura's bottom). The head of that one person in the back I can't quite make out. And there's one green blade I don't know what it's connected to...

Well, in any case, it still has to be edited, because there's no Hoth Assault map. And I'm fairly sure that's Hoth and not Rhen Var, because of the hangar-like trimmings behind them.

Wow, 11 Heroes in one shot! (players or bots, that's still pretty impressive... though probably players 'cause it looks almost posed... bots normally don't cluster up like that so much, unless it was a huge glitch!).
 Kurgan
11-14-2005, 3:37 PM
http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/1516/saberdance5tb.gifhttp://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5149/concussion4vh.gifhttp://img114.imageshack.us/img114/769/blasterp2eg.gif)
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/4607/e113aj.gifhttp://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7463/raildet0lu.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/saber-smash.gif)
I think it might be cool if you were limited to one of each type of hero, but say you could have multiple heroes on a team live at once. Like say you could unlock Leia, Han and Luke for the rebels on the Death Star, and Vader, Palpatine and Fett for the Imperials. Or on Geonosis, Dooku, Jango and Grievous for the CIS and Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Obi-Wan (or Aayla Secura) for the Republic.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 7:19 PM
I think it might be cool if you were limited to one of each type of hero, but say you could have multiple heroes on a team live at once. Like say you could unlock Leia, Han and Luke for the rebels on the Death Star, and Vader, Palpatine and Fett for the Imperials. Or on Geonosis, Dooku, Jango and Grievous for the CIS and Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Obi-Wan (or Aayla Secura) for the Republic.

I'd find that pretty cool too. Well, the picture that I posted of Hero Assualt on Hoth, Darth Maul is screwed once the shield is down.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:03 PM
yes, but use the force, there might be a glitch
 McCusto
11-14-2005, 8:08 PM
ROFL
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:10 PM
?????????????????
 Kurgan
11-14-2005, 8:15 PM
Assuming that is a shield and not just lightning...
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:21 PM
maube that glitch is the force can go through it
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 8:24 PM
Or just throw your lightsaber through all the heroes.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:27 PM
Its perfit :3pdance:
 zerted
11-15-2005, 1:15 PM
maube that glitch is the force can go through it
How could an energy shield stop the force? Isn't the force everywhere?
 Kurgan
11-15-2005, 1:27 PM
Well the Force itself is an energy field and the Force can block the Force. So who knows...

But yeah, if it's "everywhere" then you'd think it wouldn't be stopped by a force field.

In JK1/MotS you could force grip people through thin glass and Force fields, for example.

In Episode I they showed us that a force field can apparently stop the Force, as otherwise why didn't Qui Gon and Maul try to attack each other through the red fields (that even a saber couldn't do anything to)... or why didn't Qui Gon and Obi-Wan use the Force against the Droidekas with their shields up (even Anakin and Obi-Wan in ROTS don't try this). Then there's the "Ray Shields" incident in ROTS.

Why not use the Force to locate and disable the shield projector? Apparently this doesn't occur to the movie characters! So either they're ignorant, or perhaps there are some shields that can block the Force, somehow...
 MachineCult
11-15-2005, 1:31 PM
Anakin and Obi were probably too busy deflecting the blasts from the Droideka to use the force against them, I would imagine that a Droideka would probably go flying, shields and all if someone was able to use force push on them.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 1:36 PM
Maybe the reason why the force can't go through some shields because it's a "force" field. Get it? LOL.
 Ryozan
11-15-2005, 1:37 PM
Well the ROTS game you could 'throw'
the Droideka's pick them up and push them away
so....
 Kurgan
11-15-2005, 2:15 PM
Yeah but that's a game. I mean the games show Darth Maul using Lightning during his duel, and yet he never does so in the movie. Did he just forget?

As for the "they were too busy blocking" sure that's plausible, but we know that Jedi can sometimes multi-task... look at the Jedi in the Geonosis arena (granted many of them died, but we see some of them Force pushing and such). If a Force Push would have ended the battle sooner, why didn't they do that instead of running away?

It would have been cool to see Obi-Wan and Anakin pull off some amazing technique on the Droidekas to show how much they had advanced beyond Obi-Wan and his master all those years ago, but oh well. Guess they had more important things to do...
 Darth Alec
11-15-2005, 5:06 PM
Maybe they didn't do it as it would be bad movie material?

Off topic: Kurgan, why would you be looking at Ayla's buttom? :)
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 6:10 PM
Off topic: Kurgan, why would you be looking at Ayla's buttom? :)

Maybe 'cause it's in the path towards Mace's boots. And to see if it's exactly Mace Windu.
 Daddyboom
11-15-2005, 7:02 PM
thats really luke in the backround carrying the saber
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 8:09 PM
thats really luke in the backround carrying the saber

Thanx for pointing that out know we don't have to worry about Han Solo having a lightsaber.
 Kurgan
11-15-2005, 8:39 PM
Maybe 'cause it's in the path towards Mace's boots. And to see if it's exactly Mace Windu.

Yeah. It blocks our view of Mace's manly physique...!
don't look at me like that!
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 8:42 PM
Yes....certainly does.....*laughs so hard...falls off his chair*....lol
 Kurgan
11-15-2005, 8:48 PM
Thanx for pointing that out know we don't have to worry about Han Solo having a lightsaber.

Awww c'mon. You didn't wonder if Han might be a Jedi when you saw him expertly slice that Taun Taun.... And how about that time he shot the tentacle perfectly and saved Lando while hanging from his feet off the skiff!

And he had a premonition that he might never see the Falcon again (and in the early Scripts Lando doesn't make it out of the Death Star II explosion, so Han was right!)...

...and in Star Wars Infinities ANH he uses a double saber to slice up a Royal Guard and saves Luke's a$$. ;)
 MandaloreBIC
11-15-2005, 10:41 PM
wow! must have files!!!
 Ryozan
11-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah but that's a game. I mean the games show Darth Maul using Lightning during his duel, and yet he never does so in the movie. Did he just forget?

As for the "they were too busy blocking" sure that's plausible, but we know that Jedi can sometimes multi-task... look at the Jedi in the Geonosis arena (granted many of them died, but we see some of them Force pushing and such). If a Force Push would have ended the battle sooner, why didn't they do that instead of running away?

It would have been cool to see Obi-Wan and Anakin pull off some amazing technique on the Droidekas to show how much they had advanced beyond Obi-Wan and his master all those years ago, but oh well. Guess they had more important things to do...
I was Reffering to the point of the force being everywhere and that shields doesnt block it.
 Kurgan
11-16-2005, 2:00 PM
What if they're MIDICHLORIAN SHIELDS? ;)
 zerted
11-16-2005, 2:20 PM
What if they're MIDICHLORIAN SHIELDS? ;)
Then they are made of midichlorians which would enhance the powers?
 Darth Alec
11-16-2005, 2:33 PM
Shielding the person, improving his powers. Nice deal.
 Kurgan
11-16-2005, 2:36 PM
Now I mean it would block his midichlorians. ;)

Like anti-Jedi spray!
 Darth Alec
11-16-2005, 2:41 PM
Why pay for a sheild, if they can use the anti-jedi pepper spray??

Yeah. It blocks our view of Mace's manly physique...! :nod: Of course, now I understand. I will now go and look after more Ayl.... erm, I meen Mace.
 zerted
11-16-2005, 4:58 PM
Like anti-Jedi spray!
Does it come in minty fresh or spring water scents?
 Kurgan
11-16-2005, 7:57 PM
It's only mace (windu). ;)
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-16-2005, 9:26 PM
lol...nice one.
 Kurgan
11-16-2005, 10:13 PM
No seriously, the reason to make an anti-jedi shield instead of just using Mace (windu), would be that a shield could also stop non-Jedi (and droids) potentially. Multiple uses for your space bucks...
 Darth Alec
11-17-2005, 9:19 AM
The spray would have Endor forest, Kamino water and Hoth ice smells.
And it would have an anti-droid mode for those pesky sep droids.
 PoiuyWired
11-17-2005, 12:40 PM
What if they are coated with things like Cortosis?? Then they can definitely stop lightsabers, and maybe even disrupt the force.

We also know there are things not suspectable to the force, or things the force will not flow thru.

Force can be "wounded" or emptied from a spot, be it the Will of "Force" itself or otherwise(not doing the Living Force vs Unifying Force thing here).

There are also materials/ways/creature that can be used to shield off the force.

No I am nost saying there are Cortosis coated droidekas or yasalamari carrying Jedi-Hunters, but I think my point is somewhat clear.
 Lithimus
11-17-2005, 1:53 PM
This may be a pointless question, but why is the picture called Theed?
 MachineCult
11-17-2005, 4:26 PM
I was wondering that myself...
 zerted
11-17-2005, 5:22 PM
theed2hk.jpg
the ed2hk.jpg
the edition2hk.jpg
the edition second hk.jpg
the second edition hk.jpg
the second edition hero k.jpg
the second edition hero killing.jpg