Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
11-13-2005, 6:32 AM
From the recent chat, it seems we can expect to have 3 online modes of play.

The two biggest ones will be Campaign Mode (like Rebellion) and also Skirmish mode - for those wanting to get right into combat.

Its unclear how this will all be set up yet but from my own personal experience they shouldnt use Gamespy and its extremely unfriendly for the community.

What mode will tempt you online and will you play it online?

DMUK
 Perfect Soldier
11-13-2005, 6:58 AM
Most likely I will be playing the Campaign mode. Although I was hoping for something like a 2 vs 2 Campaign but I suppose I can live with the 1 vs 1.
 Jeff
11-13-2005, 8:15 AM
I will definitely play online. Both aspects you mention attract me to the online play.

Its unclear how this will all be set up yet but from my own personal experience they shouldnt use Gamespy and its extremely unfriendly for the community.

What do you mean by Gamespy? Or what is it?
 swphreak
11-13-2005, 10:10 AM
What do you mean by Gamespy? Or what is it?

You never heard of GameSpy (www.gamespy.com)?)

I hope they make their own ingame client, and handle the multiplayer servers and stuff themselves (Like BFME). And Direct IP is important, of course.

Campaign Mode would be fun to play with a friend or forummer.
 Jeff
11-13-2005, 10:20 AM
You never heard of GameSpy (www.gamespy.com)?)
Now that I see it, it looks famailar. I was thinking he meant something for the game, not a website.
 Garbageben
11-13-2005, 10:25 AM
From what it sounded like in skirmishes you can't have mixed teams. The question was asked at the live chat as to whether a rebel player could be on the same side with an imperial one to combat two rebel players (reb. + imp. >>> reb. + reb.) and the devs said they were concentrating more on having rebels versus imperials. I wonder if that means you can't have that kind of set up for a skirmish game.
 Perfect Soldier
11-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Actually it could still work 2 players play as empire versus 2 players that use rebels. So they really can't use that as an excuse. Anyway someone will probably be able to mod it so it would be able to go Rebel + Empire vs Rebels + Rebels
 popcorn2008
11-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Im sure you can mod the game to have imperial v. imperial battles and rebel v. rebel battles. As for me, I will be playing online as soon as I play around with the campaign a bit. I dont like Game Spy either, they seem more focused on making money than supporting a community. I would personally prefer them having their own service like WoL.
 Givike
11-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Campaign mode - online (neglect my post in that other thread)

Don't use gamspy, sometimes it's extremely slow and it's filled with ads...
 Jason91
11-13-2005, 2:40 PM
I'm going for the campaign mode in multiplayer its not dat i dun like skirmishes ( sorry for bad spelling ) but i don't like the idea of just doing 1 or the other and i think it would also be cool if rather than have like 2 imps vs 2 rebs i think it would be better if like 2 imps could control da 1 team and vs 2 rebs playn da 1 team ( in other words ) people are controling 1 faction but in diff sectors ( thoughts on my idea would be aprieated )
 shadowsfm
11-13-2005, 4:56 PM
id like to play compain vs my girl. she on her computer, me on my laptop.

wish i could have her fight reb vs my rebs to give her veriaty so she wont have to always fight against my imps. (she wont play as imps)

also i hope it runs well on my laptop.
 gamefreak
11-13-2005, 6:03 PM
I'm going for the campaign mode in multiplayer its not dat i dun like skirmishes ( sorry for bad spelling ) but i don't like the idea of just doing 1 or the other and i think it would also be cool if rather than have like 2 imps vs 2 rebs i think it would be better if like 2 imps could control da 1 team and vs 2 rebs playn da 1 team ( in other words ) people are controling 1 faction but in diff sectors ( thoughts on my idea would be aprieated )

I like this Idea! I would have a couple Imps each with there own sector and I would mod it so each Reb had there own units (within the Reb units of course) but one would only have mon cals and one corillean ships so they would have to work together to beat the Imps
 Sithxace
11-13-2005, 6:07 PM
yea perfect idea, each rebel player and imp player owns one planet and a force, and its all coded by color, awesome idea
 Snafu7
11-13-2005, 6:09 PM
I hope they do something like that, it would make the game more team based(at least in that game mode) which can make the game a little more difficult depending on who you're playing with on your team.
 Sithmaster_821
11-16-2005, 5:40 PM
I think I can understand why one would not want rebs vs rebs in the Campaign mode, but it makes no sense to have that same restriction on Skirmish mode. Same goes for team games. I have yet to play an RTS that was not more fun on a team than individually.
 darthfergie
11-16-2005, 6:06 PM
won't end up doing online play I'm thinking unless it's much later. With my current set up at college they don't allow streaming connections because it's "too much bandwidth usage." They'll get more badwidth soon enough, but for now we get to settle with fast connections, just no online play unless it's within the network (I might do a little of that via LAN).
Do we know if they're going to allow a co-op function since they seem to be allowing two players to play side by side? that'd be nice.
 Darth_Extas
11-16-2005, 9:44 PM
Very true, I might play on the Internet when I feel I know the game well enought, otherwise it isn't that useful to play other then seeing other peoples strategy tear you a part. So I would rather conquer the galaxy first before I challenge any human players.
Page: 1 of 1