Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Teamkillers

Page: 1 of 1
 Hoad
11-12-2005, 1:44 PM
So has anyone come across any yet? If so, what were they called and what server were you on when you saw them? I have seen a couple here and there but nothing major
 deamonomic
11-12-2005, 2:18 PM
teamkillers?
 Darth Alec
11-12-2005, 2:22 PM
People that kill there team on purpose for fun.
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 2:32 PM
You really are a n00b deamonomic lol, Hoad, teamkillers change their names and they change servers alot, you really think they'd stick to a server and name? THINK.

(I team kill on Halo loads, when i get bored.)
 deamonomic
11-12-2005, 2:33 PM
oh... like in halo 2... i can sorta understand them doign it in that but what do they have to gain from doing it in this game?
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 2:36 PM
Well you know how when your playing a game, and you get bored of playing it after a while, but you don't want to quit?
When that happens to me I pick up a sniper rifle and i start shooting out the drivers from full friendly warthogs, and stuff like that.
It gives me about half an hour or so extra playing time before I finally do quit.
 RaV™
11-12-2005, 2:37 PM
Absolutely nothing.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2005, 3:18 PM
So far the only teamkilling ive expirianced is the accidental kind, but I'm sure I'll run across some soon. Theres always some jerk who likes to team kill. Fortunetly I think the voting system has improved alot, so it'll be easier to boot the kid.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 3:32 PM
The only permanent solution is to only play on servers that have Friendly Fire (aka Team Damage) OFF, and if you host a server, to turn it off yourself.

The trouble of course is with noob admins. The default setting is to have FF on and so most people use it. Others insist on it, yet whine about TKing, constantly...

Frankly I think the people who whine about TKers need to lighten up. If you enable the option to kill your teammates, noobs and griefers will abuse it.

If you think it's "more fun" or "more realistic" to have Team Damage on, and you inisist on it, then it's up to you to suck it up and not get so upset and let it ruin your fun if people start TKing.

Another way to avoid TKing is to play private games with your clan or an organized tournament or LAN game. At least then you can agree beforehand you're not going to TK on purpose. ;)
 deamonomic
11-12-2005, 4:14 PM
machine, why do you ruin everyone elses time in the game? i mean thats what you do when you team kill. i know very well what team killing is i just never heard it refered like that... we call the team killers some other things that i wont mention here..
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 4:25 PM
Whats it to you deamonomic? I don't TK in battlefront because it's fun for more than 5 minutes unlike Halo, it happens alot in Halo.
 deamonomic
11-12-2005, 6:00 PM
i know it happens alot in halo. they actualy have a point to doing it there.. altough they still ruin the game.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 7:48 PM
During the beta I tried to team kill often to try to get some people to realize how silly it was to leave it on. But eventually I got bored of then when I realized how easy it was to host your own server with FF off. ;)

Honestly I wish they'd made FF off the default, so that more people would use it that way, rather than how it is now with most servers using it (and thus having either lots of whiners or lots of people getting "punished" for it).
 ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2005, 9:37 PM
Even if you turn off friendly fire some people still find ways to be annoying, like knocking you down continually with vehicle fire, or destroying the vital systems of their own teams capital ship. People can always find new and creative ways to be complete idiots. I'm just glad the new voting system is faster, and easier to understand then the one in SWBF1.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 9:40 PM
Well who cares, honestly. As long as they can't kill you, just ignore it.

They can still destroy critical systems... what?? That shouldn't even be possible WITH friendly fire on. You can't destroy your own vehicles (except by crashing them on purpose, for example). That must be a glitch in the game, because otherwise you could LOSE on purpose by destroying all your own stuff!
 ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2005, 9:56 PM
Well it's kind of hard to ignore it if it keeps knocking you down, not allowing you to move. I swear they can keep you there for the whole game, if you don't respawn. Although this isn't as big an issue in SWBF2 as vehicles don't throw you nearly as much, heck I don't think they cause units to go flying at all now that I think about it...

and as for the critical systems well, the only thing onboard a capital ship you can destroy with FF on is the Auto Turret system, I think because its a "neutral" structure, like a droid, or the Mustafar bridge controls, you can tell because it's health is white instead of red or blue.

Maybe thats somthing they could fix in a patch... make the Auto-defense aligned to a side, like the other systems, instead of neutral where it can be damaged by friendly fire, I know it's not a big issue, but it could be potentially annoying. If they fix that then the only annoying things they could do in space is blow up unmanned ships and destroy droids, since droids are so easy to repair and ships respawn so fast these annoyances would be hardly noticable.
 Angarah
11-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Oh, dammit, I just realized tkers got a big boost in SWBF 2. The chosen class of Tkers is the Engineer class because you can heal yourself. Now instead of a Bolt Caster for some, they all get Shotguns!
 zerted
11-12-2005, 10:30 PM
...If they fix that then the only annoying things they could do in space is blow up unmanned ships and destroy droids, since droids are so easy to repair and ships respawn so fast these annoyances would be hardly noticable.
No, they can place a time bomb on the ship right when you get into it. Also, putting a time bomb where a ship will respawn will blow up the new ship and make everyone stay a fair distance from the area. Then you can run in a place a new time bomb for the next new ship...
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 10:36 PM
With FF off? That's definately a bug then, because you can't do the same thing to non-ship vehicles. I'll have to try that on my own next time I get a chance...
 zerted
11-12-2005, 10:38 PM
With FF off?...
Oh, I didn't notice that. In that case, the TK person could get in a vehicle and just sit there. I don't think another vehicle would respawn, and no one would ever be able to use that type of vehicle.
 deamonomic
11-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Well it's kind of hard to ignore it if it keeps knocking you down, not allowing you to move. just respawn
 JohnLocke
11-13-2005, 12:05 AM
I think even with FF off, TKers can still blowup their own unmanned ships. With no one in them I don't think they're actually aligned, since enemy players can come in and fly them away. So they could probably stand in the hanger and time bomb all the spawning ships. That would get very annoying too.
 Kurgan
11-13-2005, 1:56 AM
Ah good point. Then again, unmanned ground vehicles can be taken by enemies and you can't destroy your own vehicles (though I think you can as a Jedi).

Unless I'm wrong? Maybe anyone can destroy any unmanned vehicle... I may be confusing JA Siege with SWBF2. ;P

If I were a TKer, I'd go hero and then mow down my team. On the other hand killing teammates lowers your bar every time, so I guess you'd have to kill some, then kill some enemies, then TK some more, etc. you'd have to be good.. ;)

Even with FF off, Push/Grip/Pull city!

Vehicles are still probably the best method.
 deamonomic
11-13-2005, 2:52 AM
hey, stop giving them ideas lol if they didnt know they could do that stuff they do now so dont give em more ideas to get around the ff off
 zerted
11-13-2005, 3:33 AM
So, if a TKer put a time bomb on a vehicle, you should jump in it. The vehicle is now a frendly one and can't be harmed? Darth Vader should be allowed to kill his own teammates. After all, he is one with the dark side and does it in the movies...
 ParanoidAndroid
11-13-2005, 6:12 AM
So, if a TKer put a time bomb on a vehicle, you should jump in it. The vehicle is now a frendly one and can't be harmed?

Exactly, once you jump into the vehicle it becomes friendly and the time bomb, or whatever he's using will have no effect. Anyone can destroy an unmanned vehicle, as it's neutral when unmanned. (exept for AT-TE's and AT-AT's I think...) So just get into the vehicle quick and they can't blow it up.

Darth Vader should be allowed to kill his own teammates. After all, he is one with the dark side and does it in the movies...

Yeah, but only when his they are being incompetent or noobish...
 MachineCult
11-13-2005, 7:24 AM
Darth Vader should be allowed to kill his own teammates. After all, he is one with the dark side and does it in the movies...

The thing is when theres a really close quarters battle going on and you come in with your lightsaber you're probably going to kill at least one of your teammates by accident.
 PoiuyWired
11-13-2005, 11:39 AM
actually anyone can destroy neutral objects.

This is also why you SHOULD DESTROY YOUR OWN DROIDS IN SPACE BATTLES!! Stops enemy commandos from using them.

Yes, you can deliberately put a friendly verhicle in the spawn spot and sit in it to stop another spawn. Hack, you can just stand in the spawn spot. Basically spawn spot won't spawn when things get in the way, whatever it is (obviously exclude things like corpse and Health/ammo/etc drops).
 zerted
11-13-2005, 1:09 PM
...Hack, you can just stand in the spawn spot. Basically spawn spot won't spawn when things get in the way, whatever it is (obviously exclude things like corpse and Health/ammo/etc drops).
That is not the case. Spawning may be slightly delayed (I never timed it) but the vehicles will spawn on top of you. When that happens, it pushes you through the floor and you have a long fall through space until you reach the bottom of the map and die. Try it.

Maybe you'll get lucky and a frendly fighter will fly by. You should be able to jump inside of it as long as there is a free slot. Anyone with friends playing right next to them (so they can coordinate fall and pickup) want to make a movie of this? It would be a very intresting movie. Also it would make a very creative escape from the enemy's hanger during team/clan battles.
 Kurgan
11-13-2005, 2:08 PM
I thought your own vehicles were immune from your own attack (with FF off) unless an enemy was inside them (or if you were a Hero). I stand corrected then!
 JohnLocke
11-20-2005, 1:39 AM
I thought your own vehicles were immune from your own attack (with FF off) unless an enemy was inside them (or if you were a Hero). I stand corrected then!
Again I'm thinking that ANY unmanned ship is neutral, and can therefore be destroyed by enemy or friendly fire. I think if FF is off, once you board that ship, TKers can't destroy it.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-20-2005, 4:08 PM
People that kill there team on purpose for fun.

Not always on purpose. When my friend and I play, he has the tendenacy to go in front of me while I am shooting and enemy.
 hk47
11-20-2005, 5:04 PM
just don't give them what they want by staying away from them and if they try blowing ships up just let them do it.
 SirLancelot
11-20-2005, 5:10 PM
Sometimes it's not intentional. In frenzied games like this, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942, it's so easy to cross into someone's line of fire and vice versa. The malicious teamkillers are the outcasts, in my opinion.
 Darth Derkie
11-21-2005, 5:23 PM
In Mos Eisley Assault some N00bs push you away from the enemy with force powers because they want to kill that enemy you are heading to. I also had some, who tk-d me on purpose. Glad I was the host so I booted them.
Page: 1 of 1