Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Corsucant and planets

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
11-12-2005, 10:23 AM
For those of you who have seen the latest trailer (http://www.empireatwar.net/fall2005/community/trailers/index.htm), toward the end of it, did anyone notice that huge attention to detail for Corsucant?

It just looked incredible and I haven't been so excited since watching the opening scene in Episode III, which judging this, we can all capture that intense action.

In addition to the traditional line up of planets, which ones are you looking forward to seeing and playing on?

DMUK
 gamefreak
11-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Naboo I plan to use it as my seat of government in the game, and not because of gungans or any thing, but because its a nice planet.

Plus planets like Kashyyk, Geonosis because I cant wait to fight the creatures living there and on other inhabited planets
 Givike
11-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, if you look at the screenshot, it looks like it's from the movie so they're pretty accurate.
 darthfergie
11-12-2005, 11:30 AM
whoa! I didn't notice it at first, but that's amazing. They're really going to do it. They're going to take on the rendering collossis of Coruscant. I can't wait :)

I like the little touch in the trailer with the rally points on the map that look very similar to the rally points on Battlefront drawing in the similarity of the two games type thing.

Coruscant, Dathomir, Yavin, Hoth, and probably Tatooine are the ones I'm looking forward to. Admittedly Hoth and Tat are like one texture a piece, but I want to see what little goodies they throw in. Like the sarlaac pit, hutts, tuantauns, wampa caves, etc.
 popcorn2008
11-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Whew... this game is looking better with every new movie/screenshot release. That sure looks like an epic battle for Coruscant right there. I can't wait to take space battles into my own hands.
 starmark2k
11-12-2005, 12:46 PM
I'd like to see alderran as the we only saw about 30 seconds of it on episode 3.
 Sithxace
11-12-2005, 12:47 PM
the game looks great, dont get me wrong, the capital ships look amazing. My worry is that as more information gets outs, the more the game seems more like a C&C kind of game. When I first heard of thuis game way back when, I was so excited, not only because you can control fleets and ground forces, but the whole strategic side of things. That worries me a bit cause I am a strategic fan, the fights are gonna be awesome, its from the galactic map, thats where i am worried it wont live up to the hype...
 Snafu7
11-12-2005, 1:24 PM
wow, it looks great, does anyone know if the requirement specs have been released yet? It looks like you're gonna need a nice system to run it.
 Sithxace
11-12-2005, 2:42 PM
i want it high specs, but want it to have the ability to down the graphics for slower pcs. Sorry i built my ultimate gaming pc, i want to get the most out of it :))
 popcorn2008
11-12-2005, 2:56 PM
wow, it looks great, does anyone know if the requirement specs have been released yet? It looks like you're gonna need a nice system to run it.
No, in the live chat the developers said that they are still working on system specs. They did say they are trying to make it playable to as wide an audiance as possible.
 Jeff
11-12-2005, 5:25 PM
I guess I never noticed how well the detail on Couruscant was. That's awesome !

I would like to see maybe Corellia, and Naboo. Though I think Couruscant is the one I'm looking forward to seeing the most.
 Sithxace
11-12-2005, 5:51 PM
after watching the special features of episode 3, the lava planet- lack of name for it right now...Well its really a moon of a planet. Yea thats what i got from seeing a clip of a huge planet with it right next to it like a moon. So the question gotta be asked, the 40+ planets all planets? or are there moons included in that as well? I dunno
 Jan Gaarni
11-12-2005, 7:35 PM
Yavin IV is one of several moons orbiting the gas giant Yavin.

Endor, or the Sanctuary Moon as it's called, orbits a gas giant called Endor. Thus the term "Sanctuary Moon of Endor". Why it's called that though I'm not totally sure.

So no, the 40+ planets arn't all really planets per say.
 darthfergie
11-12-2005, 9:12 PM
the game looks great, dont get me wrong, the capital ships look amazing. My worry is that as more information gets outs, the more the game seems more like a C&C kind of game. When I first heard of thuis game way back when, I was so excited, not only because you can control fleets and ground forces, but the whole strategic side of things. That worries me a bit cause I am a strategic fan, the fights are gonna be awesome, its from the galactic map, thats where i am worried it wont live up to the hype...

Well, they did say they were going off of a concept similar to Lord of the Rings RTS game (when they first anounced it), that weirded me out because their big map wasn't all that spectacular. So I'm hoping the galactic map part of the deal is a bit better than that, but they might have just ment it in terms of the bonuses you get from the planets similar to the bonuses you get from taking over territories in the LOTR RTS game, dunno. I hope that it will be similar to Rome Total War in depth of the campaign map, I expect something much much more streamlined. It appeals to the "casual" gamers.

<rant>I don't like it how companies keep saying we want to appeal to the casual gamers so we'll streamline our features to be much simpler and end up losing the repeat RTS buyers and alienating fans of the genre by not trying to advance RTSes in any except in ways that appeal to the "casual" gamers. That's why the RTS genre has been slowing so rapidly in my opinion. They've alienated a lot of repeat buyers by throwing together a bunch of very similar packages that keep getting simpler and simpler...sorry done</rant>
 Snafu7
11-12-2005, 9:20 PM
i want it high specs, but want it to have the ability to down the graphics for slower pcs. Sorry i built my ultimate gaming pc, i want to get the most out of it :))

I want the same thing, I've got a fairly high end machine, i just wanted to know if I was going to be pushing or whether it would run with ease.
 Givike
11-13-2005, 6:06 AM
I don't think the specs are that high, I expect more or less the same requirements as Rome: total war since they're both quite similar in the way they represent their units. And you have to remember, strategygames take for less our of your machine than shooters do...
 DarthMaulUK
11-13-2005, 6:20 AM
I am hoping they use the LOTR idea when it comes to heroes, because as far as any RTS game goes, LOTR is a waste of money. Probably the most limited 'modern' game I have ever played and one - that didnt post a single actual true screenshot because most of those 'big scale' battles mentioned, you couldnt actual do.

DMUK
 popcorn2008
11-13-2005, 10:43 AM
after watching the special features of episode 3, the lava planet- lack of name for it right now...Well its really a moon of a planet. Yea thats what i got from seeing a clip of a huge planet with it right next to it like a moon. So the question gotta be asked, the 40+ planets all planets? or are there moons included in that as well? I dunno
The lava planet is named Mustafar. Like Jan said, not all the planets are technically planets.
 Jason91
11-13-2005, 2:29 PM

What are the specs of your ultimiate gaming pc ?? ( i got a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, 1gb corsair ram, 200gb sata2 hardrive, lg dvd burner 256mb geforce 6600gt video card
 Snafu7
11-13-2005, 2:32 PM
I wouldn't say it's ultimate, but I'm running a AMD Athlon 3200+ 1 gb ram, 160 gb hd, and a 256 mb ATI Radeon 9550 video card
 popcorn2008
11-13-2005, 4:07 PM
I wish I had a mega gaming suite lol. Here's my specs:

AMD Athlon 2400 + (~2.0 GhZ)
512 MB Ram
140 GB Hard Drive
120 MB Radeon 9200

I think I need to get more ram, and a newer video card. One of these days when im willing to save the money...
 Snafu7
11-13-2005, 4:36 PM
ram isn't that expensive, I bought 512 MB for about $45, and as far as video cards go, I bought mine for $130.
 gamefreak
11-13-2005, 6:10 PM
My new comp

pentium 4 630 3.0 ghz 800 Fsb 2mb L2 cache
1 gig ram
160 gb sata (7200 rpm)
256 ATI radeon x600 se

I bet the graphix will start in the middle so you can turn them down if you have to but you could turn them up a bit so you can really push your machine
 Snafu7
11-13-2005, 6:14 PM
The only thing I really want to get is a new processor, but the one that pushed mine from 2.24 to 2.4 is $200, so I don't even want to think about how much a better one would cost.
 Sithxace
11-13-2005, 6:50 PM
just built my pc back in august, for about $500

Athlon 3200+
1.5 DDR333 RAM DUAL CHANNEL
Radeon X700 256MB
Audigy Gamer Soundcard
 Jeff
11-13-2005, 6:55 PM
Alright guys, let's get back on topic. This thread is about what planets do you hope to see, not your system specs.
 gamefreak
11-13-2005, 7:10 PM
Riun are fun!
lol just kidding we are a bit off topic
 BattleDamage
11-14-2005, 4:06 PM
I would definitly like to see some good EU additions, maybe Wayland, Nkllon(lol that would be kinda cool), or nal hutta/nar shadaa
 shadowsfm
11-15-2005, 6:36 PM
like to see chandrila from rogue squadron1
 Logain
11-15-2005, 10:12 PM
I wanna see Borealis (SP?) was a very important stepping stone for the rebel attack on coruscant
 Jafar
11-16-2005, 1:17 AM
*<star wars nerd: Borleias, a.k.a. Blackmoon. Part of the Pyria System. /star wars nerd>*

It'd be good as a core system close to Coruscant. I'd also like to see Balmorra (Imperial factory system), Kamino (Oceanic cloning world, the weather could look badass), Bothawui, Sullust, Kothlis, and Mon Calamari, among other planets.
 popcorn2008
11-16-2005, 3:16 PM
I would definitly like to see some good EU additions, maybe Wayland, Nkllon(lol that would be kinda cool), or nal hutta/nar shadaa
I beat you ten to one that at least Wayland and Nar Shadaa will be included in EaW. They seem to be key planets.
 gamefreak
11-16-2005, 4:09 PM
I beat you ten to one

A little Harsh lol :coffee: :D :D
 Darth Alec
11-17-2005, 10:02 AM
I had never heard about nar shaada until I searched on SW.com. Then I started to wonder why I had never heard about it before. So it doesn't seem to be a very pivotal planet.
 Logain
11-17-2005, 11:17 AM
go read the han solo trilogy :)
 popcorn2008
11-17-2005, 3:01 PM
A little Harsh lol :coffee: :D :D
Didnt mean to sound mean if I did lol. I was just saying it because from what planets we have heard are in those seem like good bets.

I had never heard about nar shaada until I searched on SW.com. Then I started to wonder why I had never heard about it before. So it doesn't seem to be a very pivotal planet.
Nar Shaada is a frequent planet used in Star Wars video games. It is seen in the Jedi Knight series, and Kotor 2. It is also mentioned in novels.
 darthfergie
11-17-2005, 3:39 PM
I beat you
lol stop abusing the members. Just cause you're a mod doesn't mean you can beat them. ;)

Indeed Nar Shaada is mentioned quite a bit. A very pivitol world in the expanded universe. Smuggler's paradise of sorts. It wouldn't surprise me a ton to see it in the game now that you mention it. It seems to be one of the best supported EU planets by LA.

Do we know about how many planets are going to be on the galactic map? 20? 40? or what?
 popcorn2008
11-17-2005, 3:46 PM
lol stop abusing the members. Just cause you're a mod doesn't mean you can beat them. ;)
Oh.... now I see why he said thats harsh lol. Took me this long to figure it out... Sorry about that. lol :)
 Zehoan
11-17-2005, 4:46 PM
I want to see what corusant looks like on land. I cant wait till the game comes out :)
 gamefreak
11-17-2005, 6:05 PM
Do we know about how many planets are going to be on the galactic map? 20? 40? or what?

Delphi-pg over in PFF said a little over 40 but the official Petro site said 50+ so my guess is around 50.
Page: 1 of 1