Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you switch without suicide

Page: 1 of 1
 Murf
11-12-2005, 8:52 AM
I read in one of the on screen tips that you can switch your character at a CP, but it doesn't tell how. Anyone know?
 lordzack
11-12-2005, 9:03 AM
Go really close to the Cp and then use the enter vehicle button. That's how it works at least on the PS2.
 T10
11-12-2005, 9:26 AM
Yep. The 'get in' key when next to a friendly CP will impose the class selection screen over you. You'll still be alive, and vunverable, but that's the price you pay for changing.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-12-2005, 11:25 AM
At the bottom of the screen, there will be an option to change your class. When you get to a command post.
 zerted
11-12-2005, 12:24 PM
I change units a lot, and sometimes it kills me. When I pick a new command post and I get a respawn counter. Normally that doesn't happen.
 PoiuyWired
11-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, get yourself killed if you don't want to go suicide... best way is to charge into a bunch od stormtroopers and plant a big bomb.

Well, if you change class and NOT change spawn CP you will respawn w/o lowering the reserve counter. Remember though that you are still "alive" when you do the change, and can be shot while doing it...
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 12:56 PM
That is nice that they added the ability to switch classes without dying near a command point!
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-12-2005, 1:33 PM
Though you start with the same amount of health when you respawn at a command post, so it's fair. I like how you can switch units without dying from respawning.
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 3:03 PM
lol, I killed myself loads on SWBF1 when i accidently picked a unit i didn't want.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 4:02 PM
Though you start with the same amount of health when you respawn at a command post, so it's fair. I like how you can switch units without dying from respawning.

I thought you were supposed to get your health restored, but not your ammo. Maybe I heard wrong...
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-12-2005, 4:45 PM
Well, in Utapau when I was a Clone Commander and I eliminated General Grievous I would switch to a Jet trooper and I would have the same amount of health that I recently had. (I had damage done on me already, so I wasn't at full health.)
 Daddyboom
11-12-2005, 5:58 PM
If you do want ammo and health restored, switch to an engineer class and use the ammo/health dispenser, then switch to the class you want. It's easy to do, but can take a certain amount of time.
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 6:14 PM
It's probably a bit quicker than standing next to a Gonk and then a Medical Droid for however long it would take.
 zerted
11-12-2005, 9:05 PM
If you do want ammo and health restored, switch to an engineer class and use the ammo/health dispenser, then switch to the class you want. It's easy to do, but can take a certain amount of time.
Becareful, you keep the same ammo count when you swap between classes. If you have used all your gernades, you won't have any health packs.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 10:10 PM
It could be the manual is just wrong then...
 zerted
11-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I didn't read the manual... When I swap classes, I keep the same health and ammo. Sometimes I randomly die too. I don't think the dying is from enemy fire eighter.
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 10:37 PM
That's my point, it could have been a misprint. IIRC, it said you got your health back but not ammo. Manuals aren't infallible, and things can change after it goes to print.
Page: 1 of 1