Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Combat Feats for NPCs

Page: 1 of 1
 Robb Stark
11-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey all. I'm wondering which combat feats (Flurry, Power Attack, Critical Strike/Rapid Shot, Power Blast, Sniper Shot) are generally ideal for each NPC.

I'm partial towards the Flurry/Rapid Shot feats for NPCs, though I use Sniper Shot with Zalbaar because his bowcaster gets a keen upgrade to 17-20x2 with a hair trigger. In my experience it seems that while the Power Attack/Power Blast feats give the higher damage numbers flying across the screen, Flurry/Rapid Shot generally gets rid of enemies faster. Are there any known bugs with the _Power_ feats actually reducing the number of attacks per round or is this my imagination?

The following is my current standard setup, but I want to streamline my strategy for combat efficiency:

Carth-Two blasters with Rapid Shot
Mission-Blaster with Rapid Shot
Zalbaar-Rifle with Sniper Shot & Double-bladed sword with Flurry
Canderous-Repeater with Rapid Shot & Double-bladed sword with Flurry
HK-47-Rifle with Rapid Shot

Bastila-Double-bladed saber with Flurry
Juhani-Red double-bladed saber with Power Attack (looks cool IMO)
Jolee-Saber with Flurry

My stat boosts normally go into DEX for all my non-Jedi characters and DEX, WIS or CHA for the Jedi.

Thanks for any advice.
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Usually I have lots of NPCs with Power Blast. It works very nice for dealing out big damage on weak enemies. Rapid shot is ok, but I never really liked it, I usually use something else. Flurry is good though. Of course, by the end I usually have Canderous and Carth with all the attack feats anyways, so it doesn't matter. Here is what mine looks like now:

Bastila - Saberstaff with Adv. Flurry and Adv. Power Attack.

Carth - Dual pistols with Master Power Blast and Master Sniper Shot.

Canderous - Ordo's Heavy Repeater with Mstr. Power Blast, Mstr. Sniper Shot, and Mstr. Rapid Shot.

Zaalbar - Bowcaster with Adv. Power Blast, Adv. Rapid Shot and a Wookiee Warblade with Mstr. Power Attack and Adv. Flurry. (Because of his great strength Power Attack works great with him).

Mission - Dual Baragwin Assualt Blades (or something else till I get them) with Master Critical Strike. (My one CS user).

Jolee - Single Green Saber, no combat feats. (I usually pick Dueling and Saber Focus/Specialization so he will always hit the enemy).

Juhani - Double-Bladed Saber after I lose Bastila, with Mstr. Power Attack and Mstr. Two-Weapon Fighting.

HK-47 - Baragwin Heavy Repeater with Mstr. Power Blast and something else.

The thing is, while Rapid Shot gives you and extra attack for a round, it just does that at a cost to defense. Mstr. Power Blast delivers almost 10+ damage, and takes out lesser enemies quickly; Sometimes not so lesser enemies too, I had Carth bring down two Dark Jedi with Mstr. Power Blast and dual pistols before they could even attack me. Of course, it is your personal preference. The great thing about KotOR is that there are so many different things you could do. This was me:

Darth Revan - Jedi Guardian with Dual Sabers (HotG and MotF), with Mstr. Power Attack and Mstr. Flurry. I could take out anything with him. I would always hit enemies with Flurry and bring there health down considerably, while Power Attack would sometimes kill on one shot.
 Simbacca
11-09-2005, 12:30 PM
...Zaalbar - Bowcaster with Adv. Power Blast, Adv. Rapid Shot and a Wookiee Warblade with Mstr. Power Attack and Adv. Flurry. (Because of his great strength Power Attack works great with him)...

though i have not yet tired it, i would imagine Zaalbar's great strength would work great with Critical Strike as well, since strength boosts Critical Strikes effectiveness (whereas Sniper Shot uses intelligence).
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-09-2005, 1:04 PM
For some reason, I'm more of a melee enthusiast. I hope (Kotor III) has more saber stances and moves, but that's for another discussion.

I try to concentrate most of my characters to melee fighting.
Also achieving master level of flurry, critical, or power strikes.

BASTILLA: Dual sabers/ Flurry&Critical strike
ZAALBAR: Bacca's blade/Power attack&Critical strike
MISSION: Dual blades(best available)/Critical strike&Flurry
JOLEE: Saberstaff/Critical strike&Flurry
CARTH:Double Mandalorian pistols/Rapid shot&Power blast
JUHANI: Sabrestaff or duals/Flurry&Critical strike
CANDEROUS:Bacca's Blade(if available);Echani Blade/Power attack&Critical
HK-47: Heavy repeater/Critical strike&Rapid
REVAN: Dual sabers/Flurry,Critical & Power
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 2:33 PM
I love messing around with by party and seeing what they can do :D. Switching Zaalbar to dual blades, and Bastila for a blaster rifle, Carth for a single vibroblade. It is kind of interesting what you can do. But the configuration I have up there is what I have been doing. I will have to take more time and figure out what works the best for different things.
 RedHawke
11-10-2005, 12:48 AM
For me it is usually this...

Bastila: SaberStaff / Flurry, Critical Strike
Zaalbar: Freyr's Bowcaster or Dual Bargawin Assualt Blades / Flurry, Rapid Shot
Mission: Single Saber or Double Bladed Saber / Flurry, Critical Strike
Jolee: Single Saber / Flurry, Critical Strike
Carth: Double Standard Sabers / Flurry, Critical Strike
Juhani:* Single Saber / Flurry, Critical Strike
Canderous: Double Bladed Saber / Flurry, Critical Strike
HK-47: Dual Prototype Medium Repeating Blasters/ Rapid Shot, Sniper Shot
T3-M4: Dual Prototype Heavy Blaster Pistols/ Rapid Shot

* I usually replace Juhani! ;)
 Prodigy.NL
11-10-2005, 4:28 AM
with who?
 RedHawke
11-10-2005, 7:47 AM
with who?
With whom are you talking to? ;)

If it was me... I replace Juhani with RedHawke of course! :)
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Is critical strike really worth it to get? I usually just get Flurry and Power Attack; Flurry can pretty much take out any of the bosses or regular people, while Power Attack is great at taking out mobs. I had one female game where I used Critical Strike, but I didn't really set my character up to use it well, although it worked ok.
 RedHawke
11-11-2005, 1:45 AM
Critical Strike pwns if you have a weapon with a good enough Critical Threat Range, like a 17-20 X2 or X3, or if you are lucky a 15-20, and a X3... With a decent Strength and Weapon Damage, the damage possibilities are insane. ;)
 Simbacca
11-11-2005, 5:21 PM
actually reading this post inspired me to make a quick little mod that helps with feat selecting variations. for more info: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=155216)
Page: 1 of 1