Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hate it or Love it? Celebrity DeathMatch

Page: 1 of 2
 RaV™
11-08-2005, 5:09 PM
Hello :)
I just got done playing a grueling DeathMatch, which for some reason I either win by less then ten kills or lose by less then ten kills, I really like Celebrity Death Match being able to play your favorite hero without a stupid time limit, but I would like to know what everyone else thinks and who do they ussually play as..
 Hotshot
11-08-2005, 5:37 PM
I don't really like the force powers in it. Everyone just uses their force powers when they meet and everyone gets knocked down and it takes forever to get up. Then someone does it again. Its just annoying.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-08-2005, 5:52 PM
I like the Hero Assault mode....very fun......I like that you can use the heroes with out the lightsaber health bar.
 MachineCult
11-08-2005, 7:00 PM
Yeah i love it, it's great.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-08-2005, 9:19 PM
It's a fun break from normal battles, can't beat slaughter all the other major characters as Dath Maul.
 DarthDurp
11-08-2005, 11:00 PM
how do you do the celebrity deathmatch thing?
 MandaloreBIC
11-08-2005, 11:04 PM
go to the mos esily map, and play on assault
anyway, i think it's great, good practice so you won't mess up heros in MP.....
and the first i played it that funky music started playing and i saw all these heros!!! O_O!!!!! i was like what hte heck!!! but then it was so fun, and it's funny, when oyu make other heros follow you, it looks like jedi squd.......
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/danieljubjub/jedicrew.jpg)
 Micahc
11-08-2005, 11:10 PM
I liked the Celebrety Death match, though when you up the score to 1000 it gets old really fast. Plus I think that there should be more enemy AI on the level at one time (For us people that don't want to pay for Live)
 MandaloreBIC
11-08-2005, 11:13 PM
and you can turn the ppl on assult up by changing the options in instant action, i don't know which one doees it, so turn both general, assult, and conquest up to wahtever you watn, and on my pc, i have like 50 npcs running around like crazy.....
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/danieljubjub/jedicrew.jpg)
 Micahc
11-08-2005, 11:15 PM
It's assault that turns it up, but its the points in total, not running around at any given time.
 Darth Alec
11-09-2005, 4:16 AM
It's on the middel of the tree, I don't like getting mowed down every time, but it is fun to slaughter them.
 deamonomic
11-09-2005, 10:36 AM
lol
 Darth Groovy
11-09-2005, 2:11 PM
It's just like the days with Jedi Academy, there are force spammers and there are duelists.

I love playing the heroes vs villians, but it does seem like a somewhat stripped down version of JA. The only thing that sucks is that each character, has a power unique to each own, you just have to be ready for it. I usually play as Darth Maul (big shock). If you ever played a few rounds of JA or even KOTOR, you will do fine as pretty much any character. Just make sure you don't back yourself into a corner, and watch out for the re-spawn killers.:mad:
 RaV™
11-09-2005, 5:39 PM
Darth Maul for some reason seems as if he is far better then any other hero in the deathmatch for example I fought against a Yoda, two Maces, and one Aayla Securra and still won..but Han Solo shot me when I was trying to heal, but IMHO Maul is the best to choose if you play DS I have no clue who's the best for LS, but has anyone noticed Anakin/Vader sucks?
 ParanoidAndroid
11-09-2005, 6:19 PM
Yeah, I find Anakin and Vader a bit harder to play as then the other sith, I think you have to get used to there styles, the only one I found really useless was the emporer, I just can't get the hang of that guy...

Darth Maul rocks absolutly though, best villan character IMO.
 Angarah
11-09-2005, 6:31 PM
Aayla Secura is really good...I think they didn't think guys would play as her so they made her more powerful...she can take down lots of enemies in one swipe

I love Deathmatch because you can replay any duel in star wars history, and some you never get a chance to play. Like when I was Mace and ran at the Emperor. I just stood there use my lightsaber to block all his lightning. It looks exactly like the movies.
 deamonomic
11-09-2005, 6:51 PM
sound really fun. is it possible to do an all out battle between sith characters and jedi?
 RaV™
11-09-2005, 6:53 PM
Just Lightsaber weilders? I don't think your able to, but the other heroes that weild only blasters are the easiest to take down ecspecially Chewie.
 MachineCult
11-09-2005, 8:09 PM
It's pretty much just the Jedi and Sith fighting, the non-force users don't really get in the way much.
 Angarah
11-09-2005, 8:20 PM
Chewbacca is just plain annoying, he has so much health it takes a 5 seconds of constant hacking at him to bring him down. I never get killed by him, its just he wont die.
 Micahc
11-09-2005, 8:44 PM
In my opinion the best would be Maul and Boba. Acutally Boba's just cool but he's pretty good, I wouldn't know about the lightside characters though. I never play them at all.
 deamonomic
11-09-2005, 8:57 PM
id be yoda. yoda owns. i dont care how any match ends.
oh and nice avatar Micahc. dog owners beware lol :sniper2:
 Micahc
11-09-2005, 8:59 PM
id be yoda. yoda owns. i dont care how any match ends.
oh and nice avatar

I tried Yoda a few times and his attacks seem to random to me, thanks for the avatar commen though :smash:
 deamonomic
11-09-2005, 9:01 PM
really? hmmm well... he still owns.
an yw. my mom got an email with that picture and funny comments lol
 RaV™
11-09-2005, 9:41 PM
This is somewhat odd, I havent seen a single person who uses Mace Windu on this thread..
 Micahc
11-09-2005, 9:43 PM
This is somewhat odd, I havent seen a single person who uses Mace Windu on this thread..
Actually I forgot, Mace is the only Hero I use :doh:
 RaV™
11-09-2005, 10:48 PM
:D Is Mace easy to control? Well I always seem to use DS, but i'm thinking about doing LS for once, but I don't want to be Yoda the only thing he's good at is walking inbetween people's legs.
 deamonomic
11-09-2005, 10:52 PM
dont you think yoda might find that offensive? what u got agianst short 900 year old alien jedi anyways?
 RaV™
11-09-2005, 11:14 PM
First off he's old and he got handled by Palpatine and did he really even kick some arse at all? I mean honestly other then making Dooku run from the duel the only big thing he done was decapitate two high ranking clone officers. What's so great about that? He ran from Sidious and he was in his prime! What's so great about Yoda anyway? The only thing he made an actual impact on was Luke.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-09-2005, 11:17 PM
With Yoda, I usually use force push and force pull, in both Assualt and IA, GC, and in Story Mode. His force powers are very effective.
 RaV™
11-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I never use force powers I just use Maul to welll..maul I guess..
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Darth Maul is awesome...my fav. sith. He's quick and he just is the best sith. And is very helpful in GC.
 Angarah
11-09-2005, 11:58 PM

Are you kidding? I love Mace. Best Jedi to control. His smash attack rocks, its so fun to use. I only get defeated by Jango, Boba, and Maul ganging up on me
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Mace Windu is also my fav. Jedi to use in SWBF2, he is powerful and he's just awesome. I wish both Darth Maul and Mace Windu were avaliable in more levels.
 MandaloreBIC
11-10-2005, 1:02 AM
no acutally only ankin and vader are pretty good, vader's sprint attack can only attack like 1 ppl, but it does tons of damage and both of them can grip spam, grip someone, walk up to them and BAM! BAM! you kill them.....
 ParanoidAndroid
11-10-2005, 6:00 AM
Yeah, Mace Windu is cool, especially with that ground smash attack, but I like ole' conehead better, without a doubt my favorite guy on the "heroes" side. But Mace is a close second.
 Redtech
11-10-2005, 9:56 AM
I just love 'sniping' Yoda as Maul, I just can't resist shouting, "Frog Alert" to my brother when he's playing.

BTW, what are your opinions on the music? I just thought WTF all the way through the level.
 PoiuyWired
11-10-2005, 2:09 PM
Yeah, Mace Windu is cool, especially with that ground smash attack, but I like ole' conehead better, without a doubt my favorite guy on the "heroes" side. But Mace is a close second.

Ever noticed moves of Mace is almost exactly the same as a Wompa?

Granted Wompa is slower, and don't have force... makes me think if they are related.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 2:12 PM
Ever noticed moves of Mace is almost exactly the same as a Wompa?

Granted Wompa is slower, and don't have force... makes me think if they are related.

Never really noticed that......ummmm.....
 RaV™
11-10-2005, 5:43 PM
BTW, what are your opinions on the music? I just thought WTF all the way through the level.

The music was retarded it made the battle look like it was something out of an arcade game, well would you want music from Max Rebo or John Williams? JOHN WILLIAMS!
 Redtech
11-11-2005, 9:24 AM
Wait, I thought Williams did the music anyway? As for Mace vs Wampa. Well, they don't share the same animations and they do the moves differently, it's like saying that I'm Mike Tyson because I can punch.
 Kurgan
11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Hate at, at least so far. It's team based, but it doesn't really seem to encourage team play (then again it could be that most players are simply immune to teamwork). The Jedi dueling is extremely limited, random and boring. Many of the classes aren't really balanced with each other (thus making it a silly deathmatch game). Don't get me wrong it would be more fun if you could play it as a team, but so many people would rather run around (especially as Jedi) and try to do everything themselves.

The lack of balance with each class to each other I repeat, would not be such a problem if there was a goal in the map other than kills. As is, the Jedi have an extreme mobility advantage to run around and get kills on their own (or at least attempt it, leaving their non Jedi teammates in the dust).

The effectiveness of Force Jump and Jetpacks are extremely limited by the lack of freedom of movement (the fake walls).

Also the map is badly designed for Jedi, since you can't jump over walls, though it looks like you can (invisible walls force you to use the doors instead).

CDM seems thrown in at the last minute for fun (or for learning how to use heroes easily). If modders spend some more time on it, they could probably design some "Heroes Only" missions that are more fun and encourage teamwork. As is, it's pretty random. The fadt that there's only one map doesn't help either.

Honestly the Pandemic guys who put this together could have learned a lot by playing Siege Desert in Jedi Academy.

Great idea, poor execution.
 zerted
11-11-2005, 11:48 AM
...Great idea, poor execution.
Thats starting to describe a lot of features in SWBF2.
 RaV™
11-11-2005, 4:21 PM
Wait, I thought Williams did the music anyway? As for Mace vs Wampa. Well, they don't share the same animations and they do the moves differently, it's like saying that I'm Mike Tyson because I can punch.
He did, but i'm talking about the use of his greater music such as Duel Of Fates and other various musics, because I mean music from Max Rebo doesn't really set the scene when you have Jedi and Sith heroes running around Mos Eisley killing eachother as soon as they make contact.
 MachineCult
11-11-2005, 4:41 PM
Are you saying multiple Yodas, Mace Windus, Luke Skywalkers, etc. running around Mos Eisley killing multiple Darth Vaders, General Grievous's, Fetts, etc. is meant to be serious? It isn't, so the serious music wouldn't be right.

It's not just Max Rebo, theres other music there as well.
 RaV™
11-11-2005, 4:51 PM
Well i'd wish for some actual music (DOF), not Rebo and the other music which i'm forced to turn the volume down cause I can't stand it, but I think they could have done a better job anyway with the music they've chosen
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Oh well, turn down the music volume and crank winamp... I guess.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-12-2005, 12:38 AM
This was posted by someone earlier, possibly in another thread, but anyway Yavin IV arena would have been a good idea for Celebrity Deathmatch I think.
 Darth Alec
11-12-2005, 7:51 AM
That would have been a great map for that.
 Redtech
11-14-2005, 6:31 AM
Yarvin? Then n00bs would bitch that everyone plays as Yoda as he'd be harder to see.

Hasn't anyone got it yet that SWBF is a console game ported for PC?
Page: 1 of 2