Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Frigates

Page: 1 of 1
 KvR
11-04-2005, 1:04 PM
What do you all think of the destroyable frigates in the space battles?

Personally, not too fond of the "Victory-2 Frigate" as it... Well, it just isn't a VSD. :|
Anyone manage to get some screens of it up to show what I mean? lol

Banking Clan Frigate, Corellian Corvette, hell, even the Acclamator look good. Just iffy on the Victory-2...
 MachineCult
11-04-2005, 1:08 PM
They all look cool,
Victory-2 is a bit of a weird name though.
 master_skywalke
11-04-2005, 1:12 PM
 ParanoidAndroid
11-04-2005, 2:49 PM
I like the frigates, they help space combat feel more in depth and chaotic.
 0MERCURY0
11-04-2005, 3:26 PM
I love the frigates , there a good way to rack up the points.

p.s this is off topic but I just got the new Darth Vader force fx lightasaber, this thing is friggen sweet. Im off to Strike down some rebel scum :saberr: :jester1:
 DarthMuffin
11-04-2005, 3:31 PM
Frigates are pretty cool, but I think they are destroyed too easily by bombers.

And I wished there were more than ~3 per side...
 Ryozan
11-04-2005, 4:39 PM
Can you fly them?
guess we get the game 16 nov :(
 MachineCult
11-04-2005, 4:40 PM
lol, no you can't fly them, they aren't much smaller than the capital ships. They move though which is cool, something i didn't expect.
 Darth Andrew
11-04-2005, 5:40 PM
I'm kinda dissapointed with the frigates. Seeing as how some of them are big enough to be considered capital ships (esepiaclly in the Clone Wars era), they could have had entire hangers and command posts in them, making space battles more interesting than just 1 capital ship per side.
 DarthMuffin
11-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm kinda dissapointed with the frigates. Seeing as how some of them are big enough to be considered capital ships (esepiaclly in the Clone Wars era), they could have had entire hangers and command posts in them, making space battles more interesting than just 1 capital ship per side.

Well, frigates could have had small hangars, with only, say, 2 ships and a single destroyable system. Then, there could have been an additional capital ship per side.

By looking at the gameplay footage videos before the game was released, I expected each capital ship to have 2 hangars (1 on each side). I also expected the interior to be bigger (I wanted long corridors... more like a "ground map" inside a ship). So I was a little bit disappointed by all this.

Still, it's a pretty good idea (which is surprising coming from LA) to let you destroy systems from the inside.

I *really* hope that some modders will be able to make better maps...
 master_skywalke
11-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Can you fly them?
guess we get the game 16 nov :(
yeah, I needed to get it in Germany, I couldn't wait any longer :D
 Angarah
11-05-2005, 3:46 PM
I love the Banking Clan Comm Frigate, its fun to just fly through it dropping bombs, since you can hide from other ships inside it. The only hard part is when its moving, its really eerie because its like the whole map is moving around you.

I wish they added the droid control ship as a frigate though, or perhaps a capital ship on some maps.
 MachineCult
11-05-2005, 4:06 PM
lol, yeah i do that as well Angarah, it's just like the opening scene of ROTS.
Page: 1 of 1