Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ask Your SWBF2 Questions Here!

Page: 2 of 4
 MachineCult
11-04-2005, 6:26 PM
Um, no they aren't timed.
Alot of demos are timed like that, theres no way a full game would try and do that it's ridiculous.

End thread.
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 6:32 PM
what i meant is the individual missions...
 MachineCult
11-04-2005, 6:45 PM
The only thing that is timed is the length of time you can be a hero.
 deamonomic
11-04-2005, 7:13 PM
ok thank you, i asked cause im playing the demo that comes with the dvd...
 Jetset
11-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Anyone know if the pc version has been released in Japan? I'm going to meet friends there in February :)!! Thanks!!

Jet
 PoiuyWired
11-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, there is that suicide droid the commander have... though not nearly as powerful.
 MagnaGuard
11-05-2005, 12:11 AM
My friend, commanderobiwan, told me that Hoth is timed for 21 minutes. If you go past that time, it is considered a defeat (this is for PS2...and probably all versions).
Also, you have to complete some objectives in a certain time limit. This also is what my friend, commanderobiwan, told me. Since I have yet to play the game.
 JohnLocke
11-05-2005, 1:07 AM
I have to say, that when they still had orbital strikes in the game, I'd often go find me an out-of-the-way gonk droid and just hunker down, prone, so as to draw as little attention to myself as possible, and just oribital bomard the heck out of everyone. I have to say, that was a LOT of fun. I'm sort of sad to see that both oribital bombardment and laying prone are gone from SWBF2, but I still think the game is pretty fun so far.

I agree. Especially on Kashyyyk, as a clone sniper, I'd run to the end of the platforms and go prone next to the ammo droid, and bomb the snot out of the AATs and spider walkers on the island.
But these maps are way more complex and the recon droid would would probably run out of fuel before getting to its target. Plus I'll admit going prone got me killed (or got me kills from enemies who did) all too often.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2005, 3:32 AM
I have never had to redo a level more than once. Never a third time. But, I have finished a few levels with one casualty left, like on Mustafar, and Tantive IV.
 zerted
11-05-2005, 3:44 AM
I suck. I've beaten the entire SWBF2 game (501st campain and the 4 galaxy conquests) on Elite and I became a worst player. After you have been playing for a while, you start to keep bonuses such as damage given increase and damage taken reduction. I've been playing with those given to me each time I spawn for so long, I've gotten too used to them. I want a way to turn those bonuses off. I don't want to make a new profile becasue I want to keep track of my stats, but I no longer want to start with the 3 (soon to be 4) permanent bonuses I've earned. The bonuses are there to help good players, in the short run they do, but in the long run they only hurt you.

In the first patch, make a setting so the user can turn those off.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2005, 3:48 AM
I have a question for you zerted. How do you get the technician award or the award that you get by getting into an enemy vehicle?
 zerted
11-05-2005, 4:07 AM
Nooooooo. I just typed a very detailed reply only to have it erased when I hit the BackSpace key when attempting to delete a letter, but IE went back one page... Anyway the short version:
You get a technician award by slicing into an enemy vehicle. To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in. You don't need to get into the vehicle to get the award. If you do get in the vehicle, you get a nautomatic vehicle health regeneration for that vehicle.

Note: The enemy units stay alive when they pop out, so watch your back.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2005, 4:08 AM
Thanx.....
 Darth Alec
11-06-2005, 2:34 AM
Nooooooo. I just typed a very detailed reply only to have it erased when I hit the BackSpace key when attempting to delete a letter, but IE went back one page... Anyway the short version:
You get a technician award by slicing into an enemy vehicle. To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in. You don't need to get into the vehicle to get the award. If you do get in the vehicle, you get a nautomatic vehicle health regeneration for that vehicle.

Nice. That what I'm gonna be doing the next few days.
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 3:31 AM
Here's my noob question (for all you experts who've had the retail game for 1-7 days!)

How do you take screenshots? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154888)
 deamonomic
11-07-2005, 8:48 PM
is it true that in every mission the enemy has unlimited reinforcements?
 McCusto
11-07-2005, 9:27 PM
Yes
 Kurgan
11-07-2005, 9:31 PM
Fun. One more reason to prefer Instant Action/Multiplayer. ;)
 ParanoidAndroid
11-07-2005, 9:34 PM
yep, you can't just deplete their reinforcements now, you actually have to acheive objectives, it can be fun, but a bit frustrating. Play IA if you want more freedom in how you play.
 deamonomic
11-07-2005, 9:39 PM
darn. it would have been funner depleting the enemies forces.
 zerted
11-07-2005, 9:50 PM
I think I'm going to try to deplete the enemies forces. What could be better than defeating an infinte amount of enemies (meaning if the game buggs out at some number). Can anyone think of a good map for this? It needs to have a defendable location where I can order all my troops to stay behind behind.

I just though of one: The Jedi Temple. Right before the bookcases, there are very few enemies spawning and no Jedi around. I should be able to stay alive even if my troops can't.
 deamonomic
11-07-2005, 10:05 PM
they have infinate spawns
 CountDooku
11-07-2005, 10:10 PM
It seems as though they deplete because they seem to spawn like rabbits so that its impossible to capture a post and then eventually stop spawning. I don't really understand it.
 deamonomic
11-07-2005, 10:15 PM
maby it just doesnt say how many they have?
 zerted
11-08-2005, 12:48 AM
...they seem to spawn like rabbits so that its impossible to capture a post and then eventually stop spawning. I don't really understand it.
:blast5: I've noticed that too.
 Darth Covetous
11-08-2005, 9:08 AM
They do have limited spawns in GC and IA though right?
 Redtech
11-08-2005, 9:50 AM
Yep.

To be exact, when you choose instant action, you can choose what 'variant' of a level you want, such as Capture the flag (one or two flags) and the GC rules. Choose GC rules and you play 'classical' battlefront. As a point, you still need to earn the officer and 'uber' unit though.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 10:37 AM
oo
 daventry
11-08-2005, 3:59 PM
Is this like an official Forum Board where the Lucas Company or maybe Goerge Lucas sees what we post.
 MachineCult
11-08-2005, 7:25 PM
No it isn't, Kurgan see's though, he see's everthing...
 JohnLocke
11-09-2005, 1:23 AM
To slice into a vehicle, use the reapiring 'weapon' on the vehicle. A green % will show up display how much of a % you have completed. When it reaches 100%, the enemy units inside the vehicle will pop out. The vehicle is locked for a second, then you can jump in.

OK, now it all makes sense....I first thought slicing would do damage, like if you sliced long enough it would destroy the vehicle. Plus I think the slicing has to be continuous, if it stops at any point I believe you have to start all over again. AND, it explains why I got to 100% once only to keep hitting 'E', wondering why I can't get in, then finally being "mysteriously" killed...(by the units that had popped out, not knowing they were there.)
 Redtech
11-10-2005, 9:50 AM
Trust me, the officer units are worth it..except the Imp one.

Oh, and hunt mode on Endor is brilliant. I'm practicing for the 'gunslinger' weapon there.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 12:27 PM
How do you get a critical hit? Where do you have to hit the vehicles?
 Darth Alec
11-10-2005, 1:55 PM
Depends on the vehicle, but mostly in the back some were.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 1:56 PM
Alright...thanx
 Darth Alec
11-10-2005, 2:04 PM
Here's the one's i pretty much know:

AT-AT: the neck
AT-ST: in the back, slighlty under the head
AAT: the square in the back
Rep tank, the square in the back
 daventry
11-10-2005, 3:15 PM
01. Whats the diffrence between SWBF2 and SWBF2 (Safe Mode)

02. What is Vsync.

03. What is Anti Allasing

04. What is Bass Management.

05. How do i see my PM.

06. How do i make a Spoiler Tag.
 scrat15
11-12-2005, 6:30 PM
Hey all. I am asking about the PC version.
I know that the original xbox version had rediculous lag issues online. Was that the same on pc? Has this problem been sorted in this sequel?

Also, how many people play the original online? And how many people play SWBF2 online? You know, as in how many people could you expect to see online at once at peak times.

I am seriously considering buying PC SWBF2. Thanks for your time.
 MachineCult
11-12-2005, 6:39 PM
Buy it, it's amazing.
 scrat15
11-12-2005, 7:38 PM
Yeh so I hear...
I am very interested in those specific questions I asked ^^^^ though
Can anyone answer those?
Thanks, much appreciated
 Kurgan
11-12-2005, 7:50 PM
Well they don't have orbital bombardment but they do have droids that explode. The ability is definately nerfed and not as much fun as before though, I agree...

The prone ability may have helped some people, but for me it felt like you were play acting being a soldier... crawling through the grass on your belly, it was just cool, even if it never happened in the Star Wars movies that I remember... (then again, half of the stuff in this game never happened in the movies, so no problem there!).
 zerted
11-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Well they don't have orbital bombardment but they do have droids that explode. The ability is definately nerfed and not as much fun as before though, I agree...

The prone ability may have helped some people, but for me it felt like you were play acting being a soldier... crawling through the grass on your belly, it was just cool, even if it never happened in the Star Wars movies that I remember... (then again, half of the stuff in this game never happened in the movies, so no problem there!).
Without orbital bombardment, you can use them under ground or inside the ships.

I used prone. Sometime when I'm very low on health and in enemy areas, I go prone. Some people just don't look down. I have slowly crawled along the walls, very close to enemy humans (bots will just kill you), for long distances to reach a health droid. Why people didn't shoot me I'm not sure, but they didn't.
 daventry
11-13-2005, 7:37 AM
01. Whats the diffrence between SWBF2 and SWBF2 (Safe Mode)

02. What is Vsync.

03. What is Anti Allasing

04. What is Bass Management.

05. How do i see my PM.

06. How do i make a Spoiler Tag.

Anyone??
 daventry
11-13-2005, 7:38 AM
No it isn't, Kurgan see's though, he see's everthing...

So this is not an Official Forum Board.

Who is Kurgan.

Do you guy's think the Lucas Arts people see what we write on the Forum Board or maybe one of the Lucas Arts people are a Member here.
 MachineCult
11-13-2005, 7:39 AM
[ spoiler ] *blah blah* [ /spoiler ]

Forget about the rest of them doesn't look like anyones going to answer.
 MachineCult
11-13-2005, 7:43 AM

Who is Kurgan.

Do you guy's think the Lucas Arts people see what we write on the Forum Board or maybe one of the Lucas Arts people are a Member here.

No it isn't. Try, lucasarts.com!?

Kurgan is the Admin you n00b he posts everywhere all the time.

NO They don't they mite look on the Lucas Arts forums though.
 daventry
11-13-2005, 10:43 AM
[ spoiler ] *blah blah* [ /spoiler ]

Forget about the rest of them doesn't look like anyones going to answer.

Then whats the point for a Noob to come to the Best Forum ever if no one wants to answer a few simple questions, how then wil he get the answers.
 MachineCult
11-13-2005, 1:17 PM
Don't have a go at me kid, i only knew the answer to the last question but at least i answered it.
 daventry
11-13-2005, 1:28 PM
 Kurgan
11-13-2005, 1:51 PM

Who is Kurgan.

He's me. ;) I'm not the only admin, but I'm one of the more talkative ones, so I hear...

Yes, the LucasArts people do visit here, and they have accounts here. The thing is though, they work hard for their company and don't have time to answer all our posts (even if they were allowed to by their superiors) so they rarely post and just lurk.

The exception was when JK2 and JA each were coming out and the first few months, several of the developers talked at length, gave feedback and tips and listened to suggetions for the patches.

And yes, people need not assume that they take every post here seriously and it makes a difference, but then we shouldn't assume that they have no idea these posts exist either. Chances are they've read a good chunk of what goes on, even if they don't do anything about it. We're not the only community around after all... Raven and LucasArts (and I'm sure Pandemic and all these other companies) have their own forums to attend to. But they know this community exists and we have a good relationship with them. They don't tell us everything, but they throw us a bone now and then. ;)

And it's true, none of the moderators, super moderators or admins here are LucasArts or LucasFilm employees. This is strictly a fan forum based on a fan network (a Lucas Fan Network, if you will). ;) We may have more connections with the companies and people than the average fan site, but we're still nowhere near official.
Page: 2 of 4