Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stuck on Onderon, Korriban with Holowin Plugin [Spoiler Alert]

Page: 1 of 1
 tauthor
11-03-2005, 5:43 PM
[Spoilers ALERT]

Here's the situation:

I'm stuck on Onderon at the load screen right after the "Assemble your Freedon Nadd" and "Let's attack the Palace" conversation at the Mandelorian Camp. Kreia helped me choose the players and im set...The load screen goes about 88% of the way up and then crashes to desktop. So, i'm Through Onderon (part 1) and and looking to go into Onderon (part 2). The load screen stops after about an 88 % load which is also the problem on Korriban in the "Cave of History". It also loads only about 88 % then crashes to the desktop. That's not so bad since i've already finished the game 2 times without the Holowin Plugin (v. 1.03). But i HAVE to get throgh Onderon to get finished with the game. SO...

1) Is there a problem with the plugin (probable since i've already finished the game on this system before)...if so how to fix?

2) Is there a way to "skip ahead" to that part since it wont load naturally?

Thanks for your help and, like in the beetle's song, I want to hold your gland.
 RedHawke
11-03-2005, 9:17 PM
I belive that this crash problem was discussed in the TSL Holowan Plugin Thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=149994). You should be able to find a fix in there.

Hint: I believe the patch is at the bottom of the first post by Darkkender! ;)
 tauthor
11-05-2005, 9:08 AM
REDHAWKE,

That's it...for those reading this thread, it is a fix of a wsbr.tga file that fixed my problem. There's a patch (v. 1.00) but my specific problem was fixed with the .tga file. It's easy to miss on Darkender's message and i almost did. Thanks again redhawke!!
:ears1:
 RedHawke
11-06-2005, 12:35 AM
^^^^
Glad to have been of assistance! :)
 The Doctor
11-06-2005, 2:38 PM
you mean that the game crashing was casued by a faulty skin? I find that hard to believe, but I'm an idiot, so...
 jmac7142
11-06-2005, 4:23 PM
^^^^
If the game is unable to read a texture, it could crash the game or cause the model to appear solid white. Just because a program runs doesn't mean it works :p
 The Doctor
11-06-2005, 10:33 PM
I realize that, but I've had faulty skins before. It usually just show sold white objects, or reverts to a default skin (like when a lightsaber skin goes bad, it reverts to a blue model).
Page: 1 of 1