Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi temple

Page: 1 of 2
 quakedout
11-03-2005, 3:14 PM
I just can't prtect the archives with all the darn jedi spawning.Any tips if you passed this level?
 jawapacker
11-03-2005, 3:32 PM
1) Don't get ahead of your troops when you first trigger the bookcase event. After you complete the first phase of this map, the jedi who destroy the bookcases as well as the timer will not start until you trigger it by entering the library. It's very easy to rush in before your bots get there - going in together helps with the initial push.

2) Don't try to save every shelf. Focus on a pair - the two at the back of the room are great because you need not watch your back and there is a medical droid conveniently at your disposal.

3) Watch your friendly fire. You can damage the shelves with careless shooting or thermal tosses.

4) Try not to die during the event, and if you do, be certain to spawn at the library point and not at the default temple entry one.

Hope that helps some. In the very end the best advice I can offer is to keep trying at it. The event plays out very much the same each time so you can learn where your attackers will be coming from.
 quakedout
11-03-2005, 3:46 PM
Thanks bro i was rushing in the archives before :blast5: .I'll give it another go!Thank for your help.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2005, 9:17 PM
I say use an engineer and focus on one bookshelf, keep circling it while repairing it with a fushion cutter and using your shotgun to blast any meddling jedi vandels who get in the way.
 zerted
11-03-2005, 9:27 PM
Don't forget the engineer can repair the book cases. I focused on one random bookcase and protected it. The Jedi come is groups. When you finish off a group let your AI units deal with any other enemy AI units and you repair your bookcase. If your bookcase is at full health, repair another one and give the Jedi another target.
 Jennaida
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Repair the bookcases, yeah. That'll get you through it easily enough. It's the only thing I know of that's very successful for doing it. That, and the shotgun is nasty at close ranges. :)
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-03-2005, 10:56 PM
I just protected one bookcase and shot any jedi or temple vanguard that attacked it or came near it.
 MandaloreBIC
11-04-2005, 1:30 AM
lol i didn't even bother, i just played trooper and blasted the bots like crazy....
and i find it funny that you can repair book shelfs and the mighty jedi's only goal is to saber the EVIL.... BOOKS!!!! ahahahah!!!! no! evil books!!!!! lol....
 ParanoidAndroid
11-04-2005, 6:00 AM
Yeah, I thought that if anything you would have to destroy those darn bookshelves, not defend them!

"The Jedi are threatening our Imperial Summer Reading program! They must be stopped!"

Anyway defending against the jedi is rather easy so long as you have a shotgun in your hands, but the coruscant guards can be a pain. I don't want to fight some stupid guy with a blaster! it's supposed to be clones vs. jedi!
 Jennaida
11-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one to think the shotgun is vastly superior against Jedis. ;)
 T10
11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Don't forget detpacks and mines. I haven't tried this, because I rushed through the level, but if you know where the Jedi will drop in from, try to place a detpack or a mine there (if it's not too close to a bookcase). They'll probably instagib the dropping Jedi, and save you a lot of hassle.
 daventry
11-08-2005, 3:47 PM
I need serious help with the Jedi in the Library, they keep kicking my butt no matter what plan i try.
 zerted
11-08-2005, 6:25 PM
How to defend the bookcases (in no order of importance):
1) Be an engineer (recommended).
2) Don't die, heal yourself.
3) Focus on one or two bookcases.
4) Jedi attact each minute (watch the timer), so repair the bookcases when they aren't around.
5) DON'T enter the room until its filled with your frendly troops.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 6:32 PM
how many minutes do the barrage of jedi continue? and if you are quick enough to kill all quickly then do they still come every minute?
 zerted
11-08-2005, 6:47 PM
how many minutes do the barrage of jedi continue? and if you are quick enough to kill all quickly then do they still come every minute?
If I remember correctly it is two (if not, then its three) minutes. If you kill them quickly enough, then you have time to repair your bookcases before the next wave of Jedi. In fact, when my time counter was down to 30 seconds, I left to go get a head start on the next mission. My fellow troops were able to hold the bookcases from the standard enemy units.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 6:49 PM
cool
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 6:51 PM
why do you have to defend the books?
 JawaJoey
11-08-2005, 7:23 PM
why do you have to defend the books?

The Jedi are trying to destroy them.

Which is stupid. This is possibly one of the stupidest objectives in a Star Wars game.

The Empire probably wouldn't want those archives to exist. At least they'd not care about their destrcution, and at some point later, surely would destroy them themselves.
The Jedi definitely would want those archives to exists. Factual documentation of history as it happened, as well as plain general knowledge are things the Jedi support.

It just don't make no sense at all.
 zerted
11-08-2005, 7:30 PM
The Jedi are destroying the books so the Republic (empire) can't get their hands on them. (Remember you are playing the 'bad' guys at this point) The books contain information about both sides of the force. They Jedi don't want the Republic to gain more Sith knowledge. You are defending the books for a certain time limit, during which your mothership is scanning the books to archive them.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 7:33 PM
oooo now it makes sense.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-08-2005, 9:13 PM
and yet the later objectives are to capture the holocrons that contain the sum of sith and jedi knowledge... Or maybe they contain diffrent stuff then the library itself, or who knows, maybe the Emperor has his own reasons for wanting the library intact... (Curses! those meddling jedi have destroyed the library! now i'll never know how that story ends...)
 Micahc
11-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I just defended one commandpost as a engeneer. I blew all the jedi away in one shot, and repaired the cases in between waves
 Darth Alec
11-09-2005, 4:36 AM
I still belive the reason that they are trying to destroy it is that it contains almost everything about everything, and the jedi don't want the republic to get that.
 RaV™
11-09-2005, 5:41 PM
I still belive the reason that they are trying to destroy it is that it contains almost everything about everything, and the jedi don't want the republic to get that.

Well it's the JEDI library so it probably explains the origin and much more things that would be valuable to Palpatine and The Sith.
 daventry
11-10-2005, 3:29 PM
I finally got past the Temple, dont ask me how i dont even remember what i did.
 PoiuyWired
11-12-2005, 1:18 PM
I am thinking, those info in the bookshelfs are more about information on friends of Jedis and their contacts than info on the Force... those would most probably be in holocons hidden somewhere else.
 mogga
11-14-2005, 5:15 PM
I just played as a clone commander, because the chaingun is harder to stop with a lightsaber, and the jedi went down fairly easily. i just stood next to 1 of the bookcases, and i also had dropped an autoturret in before as a sniper, which also helped.
 RaV™
11-14-2005, 5:19 PM
The turrets don't do much damage, because they're ussually just used to let the sniper know someone is coming close to his/her position.
 Darth VaderROTJ
11-19-2005, 7:49 AM
It's useless 'cause my troops don't get in and then a bookshelf comes down while I'm waiting for my troops to go and I lose anyway.
 zerted
11-19-2005, 4:12 PM
Don't go near the library entrence. The Jedi don't come until you do. Go around the map and shoot spawning rebels. Your units will find their way into the library if there isn't anything else for them to fight. You one need to save one bookshelf.
 PoiuyWired
11-20-2005, 1:28 PM
2 shotgun hits = one jedi if you get them in the head, so if they are on the book shelf, give them the head shots.

Fix book shelf between attacks. You only need to save one bookshelf, preferable one at the corner so you have a easier time to shoot at the jedis coming for it.

Also, datpacks/mines work well for jedis, just don't put them too close to the bookshelf you want to protect.
 hk47
11-20-2005, 5:35 PM
it wood be good if you could play as anakin from the begaining of that level like on the movie i think you should be able to play as anakin with god mode or something fighting the jedi.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-20-2005, 9:39 PM
it wood be good if you could play as anakin from the begaining of that level like on the movie i think you should be able to play as anakin with god mode or something fighting the jedi.

Yeah....that's not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind having that.
 Darth Alec
11-21-2005, 3:05 AM
Just mess around in IA, get lots of medals, and get some teammates to follow you. Then wait until the other ones go into the library, and when they are there, your group moves in. You should get it pretty easy then.
 ghost_01
12-03-2005, 2:14 PM
hi...well for what i have read in the books...the emperor kept the jedi temple as intact as he could...cos it was like a throphy to him...it was a personal thing for him....that counts as a reason...if the christianity fell...would you destroy the information about them?...at the vatican?...no...u would keep it...as a throphy...or just something to remember
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-19-2005, 3:17 PM
I'm having trouble with this as well, fusion torches seem to do as much good to a bookcase as a basic pistol does harm against a spider walker.

Also, it seems as though the basic troops who guard the library before the jedi arive are trying to destroy it as well, they throw quite a few grenades at the shelves.
 Darth Smaug
03-22-2006, 6:41 AM
Pfffffffff, i reeeaaallly hate this level. I tried like 50 times with every single strategy i read.It's not on Elite and i still can't beat it, i got a trainer so i won't die, my bullets won't run out, one hit kill and i still can't beat this crazy level. Please, somebody just give me a save game that's 1 level after Knightfall so i can continue my game..
 TSR
03-22-2006, 7:09 AM
elite rifle= win win situatioN!
 jawathehutt
03-22-2006, 8:38 PM
i beat it with 1 try no awards
now death star
i didnt like that mission
 TSR
03-24-2006, 4:39 AM
yeah, maybe so, but this guy obviously hasnt played it as much as us, so i think its a good idea he uses the awards to full advantage to get past the level. When he's played for as long as some of us, i bet he''l be able to do it as well
 Darth Smaug
03-24-2006, 6:38 AM
Talking about me?
Allready beat Knightfall..
 TSR
03-25-2006, 4:48 AM
well played.
have fun with Mustafar!
 Darth Smaug
03-25-2006, 6:44 AM
Allready beat Mustafar i'm in death star now.
 TSR
03-25-2006, 6:47 AM
well..
have fun with death star!
 Genral O
04-02-2006, 9:12 PM
use a blast cannon close up on the jedi.Or use the chain gun,rocket launcher or the Emp launcher. :fire2:
 rouge_leader
04-18-2006, 3:47 PM
i like hoth becuse u can get alot of player points
 Demolisher
05-21-2006, 9:44 PM
Pfffffffff, i reeeaaallly hate this level. I tried like 50 times with every single strategy i read.It's not on Elite and i still can't beat it, i got a trainer so i won't die, my bullets won't run out, one hit kill and i still can't beat this crazy level. Please, somebody just give me a save game that's 1 level after Knightfall so i can continue my game..

I'm in the same boat. I can't finish this level for the life of me. Twice I've actually passed the bookshelf part, but then either screw up on the Jedi Masters or the holocron part :headbump :cry8:
 Niner_777
05-22-2006, 7:58 PM
I had trouble with this level the first time I played it, too. I kept loosing at the protect the library part. Then I practiced some GC and IA. Next time I played it, I was able to beat it. I like to start out as a soldier; then switch to an engineer after I capture the first command post. The shotgun is effective for taking out jedi, and it can fix the bookshelf things.
 Demolisher
05-28-2006, 9:59 AM
Well I finally finished it by some miracle! Was able to beat the bookshelf part :blueblas1, get the holocron back to the starting point, and kill the Jedi while still playing as Anakin/Darth Vader :saberb: :vader3:
 daventry
05-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Are you guys still talking about SWBF2, i threw mine away about 5 Months ago after finishing it and i still demand my Money back from this rip off Game.

I hope they make SWBF3 and really work on it.
Page: 1 of 2