Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Slight- er, big problem with KotOR

Page: 1 of 1
 RobQel-Droma
10-30-2005, 3:33 PM
Alright, I was playing again with the roleplay padawan mod, and I am at Taris. All of a sudden, it dumped my game and restarted the computer. I tried to load it up, it said "disc emulator error" or something like that. Then. I tried again, and it loaded KotOR up, but when I loaded my game it did the same thing. It just flashes almost this yellow and blue with text, and then bam, it dies. Please, I need help! I am having to play JA right now.
 TheOssusKeeper
10-30-2005, 7:12 PM
computer specs might help along with driver info for your vid card...
"disc emulator error", sounds like a cd/dvd rom problem...
can you give more details?
 The Doctor
10-30-2005, 8:08 PM
I'm not that good with Earth technology of this era, but I had a simlar problem. Whenever I put the CD in it didn't anything for about three minutes then said "Unable to verify original CD within the Time Limit". I had to live without KotOR until I got a new CD drive. Listen to these guys first, though, and replace your CD drive only as a last resort.
 SITHSLAYER133
10-31-2005, 3:14 AM
ok doc next time time that happens clean ur disk then addfull cachin to files

are using a crack rob?
 RedHawke
10-31-2005, 6:22 AM
are using a crack rob?
We generally don't discuss cracks around here everyone! Just an FYI! ;)
 RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 10:17 AM
My system specifications are like: 252 MB of memory, I have more than enough space on my computer for it, I can't remember the graphics card, it is some Intel blah blah, I can't remember. I was able to play KotOR by turning the graphics down low, shutting off movies, and turning off grass and shadows. It has always worked in the past, I don't recall doing anything this time except playing with the roleplay padawan mod, and all of a sudded I was loading a new area on Taris and it restarted my computer. As I said, when I tried to get back up, the first time it gave me the "disc emulator error", which it gave me the first time I tried to play KotOR, but then I came up into the menu then next time I tried, but dumped my game again. I am going to try another save, but if that doesn't work I don't know what to do.
 RobQel-Droma
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Nevermind. I deleted some of my games and loaded back up, and everything works fine now. Thanks, though!
 SITHSLAYER133
10-31-2005, 4:47 PM
it was a legitmate question redhawk i came here to help some not to be insulted by u
 The Doctor
10-31-2005, 4:52 PM
ok doc next time time that happens clean ur disk then addfull cachin to files

are using a crack rob?

What do you think the first thing I did was?:mad2: I CLEANED THE CD! Anyone who buys a new CD drive without first cleaning the CD deserves to have their computer shoved down their throats. Anyway, enough of my violence oriented rants.

RedHawke wasn't insulting you. I saw no insult there whatsoever.
But then i guess the smiley face is always added to an insult:p
 stingerhs
10-31-2005, 7:55 PM
you people really need to learn not to take everything so seriously. since this thread seems to be degenerating.... :lock:
Page: 1 of 1