Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Day of the Dead

Page: 1 of 1
 Du Man
10-29-2005, 1:34 PM
This coming Tuesday! Any body have plans?
 Du Man
10-29-2005, 1:36 PM
I mean this Wednesday, sorry!
 Grim_comician
10-30-2005, 4:35 AM
Let my friend try Grim Fandango, of course. ;)
 Shuz
10-30-2005, 8:19 AM
I plan to tell my friends all about the DotD in exchange for blank confused stares.
 Rubacava
11-02-2005, 1:42 AM
Well, my friend and I played Grim Fandango at lunch in celebration... and told people about it. Not much you can do in Japan...
 JofaGuht
11-02-2005, 2:21 AM
I shall picnic in a civil war cemetary that's in my neighborhood.
 Rei_Nokato
11-02-2005, 8:00 PM
I went to school. xD And then went home and started on an essay whilst listening to the Grim Fandango soundtrack. :D

And also made an entry in my LJ saying 'A good Day of the Dead, my pretties' accompanied by this piccie:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/ReiNokato/happydayofthedead.jpg)

<3
 Murray the Chao
11-02-2005, 8:57 PM
I am going to play Grim Fandago right now, as is my tradition on Dia de los Muertos.

"This going to be an annual thing with you, Manny? Every Day of the Dead, you toss your bones into the drink, and I fish 'em out?"
 Du Man
10-31-2007, 2:53 AM
Dia De Los Muertos 07', what's everyone's plans this year? This Thursday right? I'm looking forward to a test unfortunately. I also just installed linux, so I can't play GF, but I plan to try this app called "wine" that's supposed to emulate windows, so wish me luck.

For your education,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_dead)

I relay wish this kind of thing was ingrained into american culture, it would put our graveyards to better use. Right now they're just places where we bury our loved ones, mourn, and walk away, eventually forgetting they are even buried there (or at least in my family). Though one of the main causes of this is because it's hard to find a local graveyard these days that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to bury your loved one there, so most of the time in my family we have to drive 45 min.s into another state just to see our grandpa, which we only did once one year after he was buried. Just wish we could bring the happiness and celebration of Halloween to our graveyards, it would help build community, meet new people, and hanging around those we love instead of leaving them to their cold, forgotten resting place.

Any way, I expect to see pumpkin carving pictures of Manny and crew from all of you, or at least some costumes!
 Ronny
11-01-2007, 4:32 AM
Ah, The Day of The Dead. Sounds much better than Halloween. Well, I don't have any plans for it as I never usually celebrate the day. But I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, death should be celebrated as an opportunity to pass through to a better world. Unless you're an Atheist of course :(
 Frenkieee
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Such as myself.

I've actually never been to a graveyard to mourn in my entire life.
 Ronny
11-03-2007, 9:16 AM
Did everyone enjoy the Day Of The Dead?
Page: 1 of 1