Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NO SOUND

Page: 1 of 1
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
10-28-2005, 11:59 PM
What are the possible reasons for not being able to play sound?
Has anyone else had this problem?

It's not that I can't hear the sound, if I don't disable sound then the game won't load, any ideas?
 stingerhs
10-29-2005, 1:19 AM
odd. it could be for a number of reasons, but i really can't elaborate until i know your compy specs. ;)
 SITHSLAYER133
10-29-2005, 7:55 AM
it happens in the hawk somtimes
 The_Maker
10-29-2005, 1:47 PM
I have had this happen to me as well, it mostly involved the "Enable 3D Sound" option, so unless you have a 3D sound graphics card most of the game will sound silent ;)

Sometimes it happens when a new module loads, sometimes its only minor and the NPCs have no VOs, other times there is no sound except for combat animations and attacks, and other times no sound at all.

I would try,

Updating your sound card drivers
Re-starting the game
Restarting your computer
Turn off any outside sound programs (Like Realplayer, Winamp etc.)

If it happens JUST in Kotor(2) it sounds like a sound (no pun intended) setting problem.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
10-29-2005, 5:47 PM
Like I said, it's not that I can't hear anything, I can't actually start the game unless I deactivate sound in the autorun setup screen, if I don't deactivate it locks up, I know it's not just taking a while beacause I've actually waited several hours for it to start before.

@stinger, I'll have to find the exact specs, but it is old, integrated sound card non upgraded and purchased in dec 01,
I have tried several times to get drivers for it but most everything I've seen is either for the main processors or seperate sound cards.

Have I just been getting away with not getting a "real" sound card?
It runs just fine with things like HL2 though?
 stingerhs
10-29-2005, 9:54 PM
hmm, i don't know. you could try spending $20 for an Audigy2 Value and see if it helps. *shrugs*

and if you have integrated sound (combined with an older computer), it could be that your processor is getting bogged down a bit trying to run the game. try deactivating as many backround programs as you can and see if it helps. and no, this isn't to free up memory. remember that backround programs are running which means they're using processing power, and since integrated audio uses much more of the main CPU, i have a feeling you'll need as much processing power as you can get. just a theory....
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
10-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I guess I should just break down and buy a card:D
but 360's coming soon, saving money's quite the pain in the rear:D
 The Doctor
10-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Someone's going to yell at me for this, I'm sure, but:
Try turning up the volume on your speakers.
*throws arms up to protect his head*
 SITHSLAYER133
10-30-2005, 1:56 AM
aims rocket at the doctor * smiles and laughs * .......
Page: 1 of 1