Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Top Ten KOTOR 1 Mods

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkExcalibur42
10-26-2005, 3:26 PM
I don't think the modders get enough positive feedback on the stuff they make for all us bums who can't figure out how it all works. So... this thread is for POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLY! And since i'm too poor to own KOTOR 2 (yet), I don't have much of an opinion on those mods. But that's not stopping someone else from listing the best KOTOR2 mods...

Anyhow, the best mods i've downloaded thus far...

Redhawke's Ord Mandell and Weebul and Utinii's shop are definitely at the top of the list. Anything that adds new game content... makes me giddy :D

I've got a Roleplay Padawan mod i downloaded from.... (i don't really know...), but it was made by Grif Vindh who based his work off Achilles' Padawan mod. It makes Trask a jedi who trained you, and you become a jedi on the Endar Spire.
 The Doctor
10-26-2005, 4:27 PM
Some people will think I am insane for some of these mods, but I don't care. They aren't in any particular order:
1) USM. Great work on this, guys. I love it.
2) Harcore mod. The game gets to easy with all the other mods and cheats.
3) The Naked Bastila/Mission/Juhani mod. Can't give the URL, or I'll get in trouble.
4) RedHawke's full Revan Robe mod. I forget what it's called at the moment. Great job, RH, I spent hours looking for that mod.
5) The Elemental Lightsaber Pack. Although the author (for those who don't know, it was Voyager763) is a jerk, but I liked his non-launcher mods.
6) The Cyber-Pack, also by Voyager763. I'm a Star Trek fan, and I loved the Borg inspired items.
7) make Carth/Canderous/Mission a Jedi mods by RedHawke. FULL JEDI PARTY KICKS @$$
8) Roleplay Padawan Mod. Self-explanatory.
9) Skip Endar Spire mod. I forget who made it. I hated havong to do the Endar Spire every time I created a new game.
10) Any of the original trilogy selectable PC mods. Those were amazing. I think those were done by either Avol or Sciamono.
 Jeff
10-26-2005, 5:44 PM
I don't think I have a particular order, but my favorite 10 kotor mods are Prime's Movie style jedi robes, T&nowhere's lightsaber 6-pack, all of RedHawke's item mods, Ord Mandell, Weebul and Utini's shop, recruit Darkkender, of course the Plug-in which included a couple of these I think, svosh's reva redemption robes... I'm sure I used more, but these are the ones I can remember. I'm probably missing one I used a ton, but I haven't played that game in so long with mods :(
 RobQel-Droma
10-26-2005, 6:15 PM
Probably (not in order) these, with a link to the page they were found:

Wookiee Amulet (http://btstudios.us/mods/wookiee.html)
Color Crystals (http://btstudios.us/mods/colorcrys.html)
Skip Endar Spire (http://www.hosey.org/kotor/)
Easy Swoop Racing (http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/)
Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod (http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/)
Ultimate Saber Mod (http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/)

And, I am looking forward to getting Redhawke's Ord Mantell Mod and Weebul and Utinii's emporium, it seems they are highly thought of. There were a couple others that I am going to maybe get, but I can't remember now :rolleyes:.
 SITHSLAYER133
10-26-2005, 6:23 PM
my favs are
1 usm
2 bastilas tsl robe
3 not really a mod but worth greta recognition the KSE
4 bastilas revalation robes
5 revan bastilas item pack
6 cool bastila ds face cant remeber where i got it
7 8 new pc
8 juhanies dark robe
9 qui gons saber
10 stoffes arena
 StaffSaberist
10-26-2005, 6:39 PM
Hey, Doctor? Can you at least give me the site name? I can find it on my own after that, no doubt... :dev7:
 The Doctor
10-26-2005, 7:08 PM
I don't know if I'd get in trouble for it. It's an obvious URL considering what game we're talking about.
 StaffSaberist
10-26-2005, 8:50 PM
Oh, great. More riddles. If I wanted that, I'd load up my "The Box" Save... I'll try to find it on a few sites later.
 DarkExcalibur42
10-26-2005, 10:25 PM
oooo! I like the selkath door relief mod *Adds to favorite mods list*

And i'm officially trying out the kill yuka laka mod and the deadeye duncan on manaan mod (both belonging to Darth 333)
 MdKnightR
10-27-2005, 3:01 AM
For KOTOR1, I would have to say the Juhani Dark Robes, T7's lightsaber 6 pack, the Dothmir (sp?) Sorceress Robes, Make Carth a Jedi, Make Mission a Jedi, Bastilas Revelation Robes, the recent Feminine Cutscene Revan robes. I know there are more, but that is all that come to mind at the moment.
 FiEND_138
10-27-2005, 7:12 AM
LS 6 Pack
Neequams Robes
Ord Mandell
D333's party Mods
Selkath Relief Mod
HardCore

Probably more, just cant remember what all use'd to be in the override.

@ staffsaberist & The Doctor.... There is a PM function to avoid moderator wrath for posting questionable links you know...

*Laughs at the flood of PM's the Doc's going to find in his box from hard up kids wanting to see pixilated boobies*
:devburn:

*EDIT* @ Hawke; Fixed * ;)
 Danny V
10-27-2005, 8:47 AM
is there any mods or cheats that can be used on the xbox versions ?
 DarkExcalibur42
10-27-2005, 1:39 PM
I don't own an X-Box, but i'd bet my lightsaber mods are a PC-only sorta thing. And if you're looking for cheats try google for

"star wars knights of the old republic" xbox cheats

or something or other
 Achilles
10-27-2005, 4:59 PM
Talchia's hardcore mod
Talchia's padawan mod
Prime's robe mod
Neequam's robe mod
Colja's lightsaber hilt
Darth333's selkath door relief
Darth333's EZ swoop racing (although default K1 swoop racing is pretty freaking easy)

I'm pretty sure that everything else in my override folder is mine ;)
 The Doctor
10-27-2005, 9:47 PM
Oh, great. More riddles. If I wanted that, I'd load up my "The Box" Save... I'll try to find it on a few sites later.
What game are we talking about? Drop the Star Wars Part. that's your URL. look for it yourself.
 StaffSaberist
10-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Mmmkay, I'll do that. :)
 RedHawke
10-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Talchia's Hardcore Mod
Prime's Robe Skins
Achilles Robes and Armors
Darth333's Manaan Door Relief
Darth333's EZ Swoop Racing
Darth333's Deadeye Duncan on Manaan
Svosh's Item Pack
T7nowhere's Bastila On Korriban
Hoa_Binh's Romance Mod
Various Reskins Done By Numerous People

Like Achilles, I also am pretty sure the rest of the junk in my KOTOR override is all mine! :D

@ FiEND that's ORD Mandell... ;)
 RobQel-Droma
10-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Um, sorry Redhawke, but it is Ord ManTell, FiEND is right. Go look it up on the Star Wars site or Wikipedia. :D
 Achilles
10-28-2005, 12:37 AM
@ FiEND that's ORD Mandell... ;)err.... (http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/ordmantell/eu.html)

EDIT: Check out RobQ-D with the quickdraw :)
 Demon Drone
10-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Wow!! I'm surpised nobody mentioned the Holowan Plugin. That's been in my override folder ever since it was put together.
 RedHawke
10-28-2005, 1:00 AM
Sorry guys, but it's my planet mod so I can call it what I want... it's ORD Mandell! :xp:

Besides ORD Mantell would look more Dantooine or Telos like. I had to use Korriban modules, those show a dry and arid world, it just wouldn't have fit. There are supposedly many planets in Star Wars with the prefix ORD... I picked the name I wanted close to it, so I wouldn't have to alter my dialogues much, and went with that. ;)
 Achilles
10-28-2005, 1:07 AM
It's your world, homie, we just play in it :D
 RobQel-Droma
10-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I realize that, it is your mod. I just thought since you called it Ord Mandell, and it is a republic supply station, that you had made a mistake; because that is exactly what Ord Mantell is. I didn't realize you changed the name on purpose, because it is actually suppose to be Ord Mantell with a "t."
 RedHawke
10-29-2005, 2:28 AM
I just thought since you called it Ord Mandell, and it is a republic supply station, that you had made a mistake; because that is exactly what Ord Mantell is.
Actually Rob all ORD's performed the same function, this is what ORD stands for...

Official Republic Depot

Later in the OT Time this becomes:

Old Republic Depot

All of them would be supply depots in the KOTOR timeline because the Republic still has it's military. There are many more than just ORD Mantell. A large chunk of them are abandoned after the Republic Military is disbanded, but a few survived if the colonies in question had some sort of economy to fall back on. Everyone focuses on ORD Mantell because Han Solo mentions it. :)

I didn't realize you changed the name on purpose,
Nobody has asked this question before. But a small piece of advice... Before telling a mod maker they are 'incorrect', you should ask them "why" something is the way it is, as there very well can be a method to their madness. ;)

We should probably get back on topic? So Back on topic! :D
 StaffSaberist
10-29-2005, 10:49 AM
*Laughs at the flood of PM's the Doc's going to find in his box from hard up kids wanting to see pixilated boobies*

Yeah, including me! You made me check my Inbox just to be sure I disn't have any messages of my own, considering I found it. Uh... maybe it's my resolution, so, well, I probably shouldn't complain about the quality of it... but I ended up removing that mod. :(
 DarkExcalibur42
10-30-2005, 1:19 PM
*Updated List*

1. Redhawke's ORD Mandell
2. Redhawke's Weebul and Utinii's shop
3. Redhawke's Rodian Elder Merchant
4. Darth333's EZ Swoop Racing
5. Darth333's Deadeye on Manaan (that was just plain funny! and good for an LS point)
6. Darth333's Kill Yuka Laka Mod
7. Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod (Based off Achille's Padawan Mod)
8. Daebryn's Jedi Investigator Robes
9. Shimaon's Enhanced Sith Lightsaber
10. Redhawke's Sith Tomb Items
 The Doctor
10-30-2005, 2:16 PM
LS 6 Pack
Neequams Robes
Ord Mandell
D333's party Mods
Selkath Relief Mod
HardCore

Probably more, just cant remember what all use'd to be in the override.

@ staffsaberist & The Doctor.... There is a PM function to avoid moderator wrath for posting questionable links you know...

*EDIT* @ Hawke; Fixed * ;)

I've gotten so many that whenever I get them I delete them. I don't eve read them. I shouldn't have mentioned it...
 deathdisco
10-31-2005, 12:12 AM
My favorite are the robes included in the "MECK Project-The Insidious Plot"

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143634)

The updated address for the mod is here.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10100.html)
 RobQel-Droma
11-01-2005, 6:45 PM
Just got two more!

Weebul and Utiinii's Emporium
Bastila's Revelation Robes

EDIT: THREE more.

RedHawkes ORD Mandell Mod
 theBlind
11-04-2005, 5:43 AM
3) The Naked Bastila/Mission/Juhani mod. Can't give the URL, or I'll get in trouble.
Are you talking about my mod?
Are you telling me I'm coming back to the games after 1,5 years and my little mod is still remembered - or is that some other mod?
 Darth333
11-04-2005, 9:47 AM
nude mods= forbidden topic on these forums. Please do not bring this up again.
 RobQel-Droma
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Sickos

Anyways, I love the ORD Mandell Mod. It is really tough though, especially since my really powerful character can't seem to go to it, the only one that can is a really weak female character who is still on her first planet. Needless to say, I got slaughtered by Mr. Happy and those Exchange thugs. The only one I was able to kill normally was the Wookiee, I used Force Whirlwind. Other than that, I was killed by the others, along with those droids.
 TreeX
11-04-2005, 4:18 PM
True, those guys are tough... Well maybe not Mr. Happy as I easily beat ze crap outta him he nearly killed Bastila tho ^_^.
 RedHawke
11-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Anyways, I love the ORD Mandell Mod. It is really tough though, especially since my really powerful character can't seem to go to it, the only one that can is a really weak female character who is still on her first planet. Needless to say, I got slaughtered by Mr. Happy and those Exchange thugs. The only one I was able to kill normally was the Wookiee, I used Force Whirlwind. Other than that, I was killed by the others, along with those droids.
Yup, I made it hard but the rewards are worthwhile, you leave with a ton of expensive stuff so essentially you are rich! :D

True, those guys are tough... Well maybe not Mr. Happy as I easily beat ze crap outta him he nearly killed Bastila tho ^_^.
He He He! :xp:

Mr. Happy Note: Mr. Happy originally was my circle of freinds name for the Cyberdemon in Doom & Doom II, we would use the Doom Control Center and make 50% of the placeables on the various maps weapons and armor and the other 50% Monsters (half of them set to Cyberdemons) then I would irritate one and get him to follow me and lead him to where the others were having a fragfest, usually blurting out as I sprint by "Here's Mr. Happy!", then he would rocket them to death... Good Times!
 DarkExcalibur42
11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Shamelessposer made the recruit mod I requested, so I MUST update this list!!! :D
It's not completely finished yet from what i understand, so I haven't dl-ed it yet. Check under "Republic Soldier Recruit Mod" in the mod requests forum

*Updated List*

1. Shamelessposer's Republic Soldier Recruit Mod
2. Redhawke's ORD Mandell
3. Redhawke's Weebul and Utinii's shop
4. Redhawke's Rodian Elder Merchant
5. Daebryn's Jedi Investigator Robes
6. Darth333's EZ Swoop Racing
7. Darth333's Deadeye on Manaan (that was just plain funny! and good for an LS point)
8. Darth333's Kill Yuka Laka Mod
9. Grif Vindh's Roleplay Padawan Mod (Based off Achille's Padawan Mod)
10. Shimaon's Enhanced Sith Lightsaber

11. Redhawke's Sith Tomb Items
 Tanesh
11-07-2005, 1:07 PM
Let's see:

1. Talchia's Padawan Mod / a mod that made your character only "force sensitive" (forgot the name), so you had force powers from the beginning, but no lightsabers or robes
2. Talchia's Hardcore Mod
3. Darth333's Deadeye Duncan on Manaan
4. Darth333's Selkath Door Relief mod
5. A mod (also forgot the name) for the "neutral" ending for females (that one were you turn evil on the Unknown world but die together with Carth on the Starforge)
6. Shimaon's Enhanced Sith Saber which evolved with his permission to my updated version of it
7. T7nowhere's Revan's Mask Plus + mod
8. The mod for tk102's birthday
9. A couple of new robes / reskins for robes
10. Some new sabers
11. My own recruitment mod (ok, that doesn't really count) ;)
... and some more.

This thread reminds me that I never played Redhawke's ORD Mandell Mod although I downloaded it at that time ... :confused: I guess I need to do that before Oblivion comes out. :D
 Darth333
11-07-2005, 1:22 PM
I wouldn't call this a top 10 list of mods but this is what I normally have in my override folder:

A customized version of Lil'Jawa's Revan Reincarnate mod
Talchia's hardcore mod
Most of svцsh's skins and models
T7nowhere's Revan's mask +
T7nowhere's Bastila on Korriban
Tanesh's Mekel recruitment mod (the best one IMHO)
Some of Seprithro's mods, including the Jedi Battle armor
And the rest are from me:
EZ swoop racing ( I really hate to loose time on swoop racing)
AIOFPM (the version which includes Beancounter's Blaster balance pack)
Deadeye Duncan on Manaan
Selkath Door Relief mod (necessary to preserve my sanity)
Kill Yuka Laka mod

I guess I need to do that before Oblivion comes out. :D
You have time: Oblivion's release has been postponed to February 2006 :( (but I prefer a delay than getting a bugged game )
 Tanesh
11-07-2005, 1:44 PM
Tanesh's Mekel recruitment mod (the best one IMHO)
You think so? :blush2: Wow, thank you. :)

You have time: Oblivion's release has been postponed to February 2006 :( (but I prefer a delay than getting a bugged game )
Yes, I heard that. I also prefer to wait a bit longer instead receiving an unfinished game (I wish they'd done the same with TSL). And I can ask to get Oblivion as a birthday present. ;) But until February, I want to finish my actual game of Baldurs Gate SoA and ToB, finish a new Morrowind mod, want to play X3: Reunion and maybe Battlefront 2 and Black & White 2, although I'm quite sure that I don't manage to do all of that because my studies require some time, too. :p
 RobQel-Droma
11-07-2005, 2:53 PM
I have one that I like, although I didn't think it was the best. It was "Tomb of Jesset Dal-Kast" or something by somebody. I have a few problems with it though. For some reason, when I enter the hologram or vision of the Ebon Hawk, and you have to fight a dark Jedi version of all your party members, they are fed up with you
There is a problem with T3 and HK. The rest are just really hard, and I won't go through it on this playthrough because I am like level 13 (I went to Korriban second because I wanted to see Yuthura and Kel on Dantooine). But anyways, about T3 and HK. I can't kill them! They are invincible and nothing I do hurts them! I even cheated to get the "Insta-Kill Pistol" (Special Properties: Instant Kill, DC 100 :D), but it doesn't do anything to them!
 MrVorlon
11-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I don't have a favorite. They're all good to me. But the mod I use all the time is the white haired pc mod. I love it.
 ImA_JediToo
11-24-2005, 1:59 AM
Heres mine

1.Shameless's Remix mod.It makes the overall experience more enjoyable(to me)but I can't find the Robe Salesmen...
2.Talchia's Padawan Mod.I LOVE THIS MOD
3.Prime's Stormtrooper Mod.IMO the Sith Trooper voices fit Stormtroopers more.This goes with...
4.I don't know who wrote it(the file is FINAL PROJECT)but it changes Blaster Rifles to the Stormtroopers' blaster,and the Sith Aussault gun to the Clones' blaster.THIS goes with...
5.Shem's Classic Blaster Sounds.The blaster sounds are replaced with those from the Trilogy.with these 3 I can pretty much completely change Sith Troopers into Stormtroopers :)
6.Prime's New Jedi Robes mod.It has 5 .zip files in it,and each contain files for replacing one of the four robes with the look of:Mace Windu's robes,Qui-Gon's robes,Obi's robes,Anakin's robes,or two custom made ones for LS or DS.One file is for white/asian models and the other is for black models.
7.Dark Heads mod.Dunno who made it,but it gives most(but not all)of the male heads a new DS feature(unique to each head)when you get about 9/10 DS mastery.
8.Colja's Hilt mod.It replaces the single saber hilt with a cooler looking one.
9.Xavier3's Jango Fett armour,helmet:jango:,and Westar 34 blaster(3 different mods)these look awesome and are really good too(I got two Westar 34's with 4-17 EACH after fully upgrading)
10.Voyager 763's Sith Launcher.It looks so much cooler then the regular launcer
 Darth InSidious
11-24-2005, 5:38 AM
Umm....Override contents (that I remember...)

ORD Mandell
RH's item pack
Manaan door relief
spawnband
one of t7's mods (I think, though I'm not sure which),
reskinned dblsbr hilts by Achilles
sabre seven-pack (the one with RH's sabre in -can't remember the exact name)
T7's Sith War Sword
Mav's mod shop (plus all the mods needed for it)
Ebon Hawk basement
Sabre forms for K1,
Achilles' Jedi Council sabres
RH's Verpine Reflec Armour
JdNoa's DSF alternate ending restoration
D333's Deadeye Duncan on Manaan
Holowan Spire

Errr...think that's all of them :)
 Prime
11-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks to people that mentioned that they like my mods. It is nice to do stuff people like. :)
 StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Sabre forms for K1

Who made that one? That's a must-investigate.
 ImA_JediToo
11-24-2005, 11:36 AM
@Prime-yeah your Stormtrooper and Robe mods are awesome :)
@StaffSaberist-its on PCGameMods,go there and search
 StaffSaberist
11-24-2005, 2:33 PM
Done. Thanks. :)
Page: 1 of 1