Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Help out Thread

Page: 1 of 3
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 5:40 PM
This is basically a thread for people to ask for help with fanart or fanfiction or other stuff (I'm guessing it go's in this forum since fanart and fanfiction but I could be wrong) so come here if you need ideas or have writers block
 Yuine
10-16-2005, 5:45 PM
This is basically a thread for people to ask for help with fanart or fanfiction or other stuff (I'm guessing it go's in this forum since fanart and fanfiction but I could be wrong) so come here if you need ideas or have writers block
Yes This will be a very useful thread for me. I always get writer's block and need new ideas.
 Klia
10-16-2005, 6:41 PM
What a coincidence. I was just about to ask for help in the Official fanfiction thread.

Since Oleander is such a complex character I'm having a hard time writing him down. Since we all view characters differently this will be a bit hard to explain.

To me Oleander could make me laugh, get pissed off, feel sympathy, and feel other emotions. So when writing him I don't want him to come off as "Woe is me. I am angry. Look at my angry face."

Oh and the time period that I am writing in is a month or two before the camp started. I'm in the rough rough stages of my story. That's why I'm being so loose with this.
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 6:51 PM
(you are asking for other peoples opinons on oleander or asking for story ideas oh well heres both) he kinda reminded me of a wanna be drill sergeant thats why I liked him because he's trying to be mean but really is'nt and I guess you could show how he went crazy and how his nightmares took over his mind
 Klia
10-16-2005, 6:53 PM
(you are asking for other peoples opinons on oleander or asking for story ideas oh well heres both) he kinda reminded me of a wanna be drill sergeant thats why I liked him because he's trying to be mean but really is'nt and I guess you could show how he went crazy and how his nightmares took over his mind

This is really making me think. I'm almost itching for a pencil now. But you did bring up something important about him that I think I was forgetting.

I never even stopped to think that he has nightmares. I only asummed that Boyd and Milla had them.
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 6:56 PM
yea I helped *merit badge theme song* yes the helpful badge
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 8:44 PM
does anyone have some tips for me I have a fan charcter Jake and i'm trying to draw him i know what i want him to loook like but it does'nt ever come out right he's real simple black hoody blue jeans black sshoes but I keep messing up on his face :( help
 Klia
10-16-2005, 8:57 PM
does anyone have some tips for me I have a fan charcter Jake and i'm trying to draw him i know what i want him to loook like but it does'nt ever come out right he's real simple black hoody blue jeans black sshoes but I keep messing up on his face :( help

A few questions. Is Jake in Whispering Rock?

If so, then try to style what he wears around the Whispering Rock uniform. For his face, if you want it to be in the Psychonauts style go print out pictures of various Psychonauts drawings. Don't copy the pictures just pick up the style of the faces.

Hope this helped.
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 9:03 PM
thnx it's worth a try
 Klia
10-16-2005, 9:28 PM
thnx it's worth a try

Your welcome....

Ugh someone give me an idea. Any idea. I need to work on at least two projects at a time.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 9:30 PM
Your welcome....

Ugh someone give me an idea. Any idea. I need to work on at least two projects at a time.

Hm. How would you feel about a request drabble?
 DarthAve
10-16-2005, 9:30 PM
Yeah, I wanna draw my RPG character for a fanfic I'm writing, but I just can't draw what my head sees cause I stink at drawing.
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 9:33 PM
what I do is draw several charcters in different styles pick the one that looks like the best one that matches in my head then I draw it several more times till it's just right but I have a lot of patience so it's not for everyone
 Klia
10-16-2005, 9:34 PM
Hm. How would you feel about a request drabble?

Sure. Anything I really am in a writer's block that cannot be cured. Perhaps writing on something else will help.
 DarthAve
10-16-2005, 9:37 PM
but like I said, I FREAKIN' STINK!!
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 9:41 PM
Sure. Anything I really am in a writer's block that cannot be cured. Perhaps writing on something else will help.

Well, if you could write about...

Hm. If you could write a quick Jasper/Becky, I think I'd marry you.

Paranoidish got me hooked. I was tempted to ask for Rainbow Man, though.
 Klia
10-16-2005, 9:52 PM
Well, if you could write about...

Hm. If you could write a quick Jasper/Becky, I think I'd marry you.

Paranoidish got me hooked. I was tempted to ask for Rainbow Man, though.

Stop saying Rainbow Man!

Pfft. I'm already engaged. Maybe request something not romantic?

Wow I totally dissed. Sorry PS.
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 9:54 PM
Stop saying Rainbow Man!

Pfft. I'm already engaged. Maybe request something not romantic?

Wow I totally dissed. Sorry PS.

YES. You can write about Wee Oly, plzkthx.

Does Rainbow Man hurt you that much?
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 9:57 PM
how about Sasha goes insane over one of his creations and Raz has to stop him or something
 DarthAve
10-16-2005, 10:06 PM
NO, Can sombody teach how to draw SOMEONE other than Sasha?
 splitsecond
10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
do a google search on drawing thats what I did It got me started on the basics
 Klia
10-17-2005, 9:30 PM
YES. You can write about Wee Oly, plzkthx.

Does Rainbow Man hurt you that much?

No, I just don't feel like doing romance.
 Purple Squid
10-17-2005, 9:32 PM
No, I just don't feel like doing romance.

Understandable.

I can't write it for crap. You just don't want to.

And now that you have something else to write about, you don't have to write about Oly, mkay?
 Gruducuuz
10-18-2005, 7:00 AM
I had heard the legends of rainbow man, but never expected them to be true, UNTILL NOW!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/gruducuuz/Rainbow-Man-Emergence-790x1000.jpg)
 Klia
10-18-2005, 3:38 PM
Understandable.

I can't write it for crap. You just don't want to.

And now that you have something else to write about, you don't have to write about Oly, mkay?

Wait..what else do I have to write? I am writing the Oleander and Loboto evil team, but what else?
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 4:41 PM
Wait..what else do I have to write? I am writing the Oleander and Loboto evil team, but what else?

A biography on... Walt Disney.

Really, give it to your Social Studies teacher.

Okay, fine. I don't know what you should write. Or should've written. I don't even know what we're talking about anymore.
 Klia
10-18-2005, 5:07 PM
A biography on... Walt Disney.

Really, give it to your Social Studies teacher.

Okay, fine. I don't know what you should write. Or should've written. I don't even know what we're talking about anymore.

Are you psychic? Because I was just found my 4th grade biography report on Walt Disney.

Didn't you say you were going to write a Psychonauts fanfiction? HAve you begun? Any notes you would like to post. I won't make fun or laugh or anything. I take fanfiction seriously. I've been taking a lot of things seriously lately.
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 5:10 PM
Are you psychic? Because I was just found my 4th grade biography report on Walt Disney.

Didn't you say you were going to write a Psychonauts fanfiction? HAve you begun? Any notes you would like to post. I won't make fun or laugh or anything. I take fanfiction seriously. I've been taking a lot of things seriously lately.

Haha, I've played Psychonauts, no? Therefore I should be skilled in the psychic making.

Hmm. I've been thinking about starting a new fic, because it's been a while since the last one. I might post notes later, but I've got to... make some. I've been drawing, sorry. Freaking smiley!
 Yuine
10-18-2005, 6:14 PM
I'm thinking of writing a fanfiction story with a character I'm making up, but I have a question. Is Oleander evil or what? Sorry haven't got that far in the game.
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 6:16 PM
I'm thinking of writing a fanfiction story with a character I'm making up, but I have a question. Is Oleander evil or what? Sorry haven't got that far in the game.

He is for a while. But then he's all 'problems!' and everything is good.
 Yuine
10-18-2005, 6:51 PM
Thank you for the info Purple.
 Klia
10-18-2005, 6:53 PM
Haha, I've played Psychonauts, no? Therefore I should be skilled in the psychic making.

Hmm. I've been thinking about starting a new fic, because it's been a while since the last one. I might post notes later, but I've got to... make some. I've been drawing, sorry. Freaking smiley!

Then where is the fanart? UNless you are in a writer's block like me and going absolutly bat**** insane over it.
 Purple Squid
10-18-2005, 6:57 PM
Then where is the fanart? UNless you are in a writer's block like me and going absolutly bat**** insane over it.

The latter, I believe.

GOING CRAZY.
 Klia
10-20-2005, 7:56 PM
A pretty general question but what is it exactly that Psychonauts do? Psychonauts like Oleander who don't go off to save the world.

Also when they are not teaching camp.
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 7:58 PM
A pretty general question but what is it exactly that Psychonauts do? Psychonauts like Oleander who don't go off to save the world.

Also when they are not teaching camp.

They'd make good psychiatrists, that's for sure. I suppose some of the ones who don't constantly save the world could sit back for backup.
 Klia
10-20-2005, 8:00 PM
They'd make good psychiatrists, that's for sure. I suppose some of the ones who don't constantly save the world could sit back for backup.

Possibly...but would that mean in therapy they would go inside of each and every patients mind? Or simply study it from the outside.
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 8:05 PM
Possibly...but would that mean in therapy they would go inside of each and every patients mind? Or simply study it from the outside.

Going inside all the time would probably get... annoying. But since they are mental experts they could study it from the outside.
 SandyPhanta
10-20-2005, 8:06 PM
hmm, im not very good at fanfiction.(the last one i made was a Kids Next Door, and that was a bit OC) but I love reading other peoples, and if any of you make a good one, ill feed you cookies and love you forever :3

I cant start to tell you how many fics i started and never finished though. its horrible.
 Klia
10-20-2005, 8:08 PM
hmm, im not very good at fanfiction.(the last one i made was a Kids Next Door, and that was a bit OC) but I love reading other peoples, and if any of you make a good one, ill feed you cookies and love you forever :3

I cant start to tell you how many fics i started and never finished though. its horrible.

Oh same here. But I'm really trying. Paranodish and I are writing it right now.
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 8:11 PM

Have you been to Zets' site? There's grud ones there.
 SandyPhanta
10-20-2005, 8:14 PM
Have you been to Zets' site? There's grud ones there.

actually I havent, linkplz? *is slow*
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 8:18 PM
actually I havent, linkplz? *is slow*

YUSSIR. Hang on...
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 8:19 PM
 Klia
10-20-2005, 8:30 PM
Anyone think of another asylum name besides Thorney Towers?
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 8:32 PM
Anyone think of another asylum name besides Thorney Towers?

...Houston's Home for the Mentally Insane.

Wait. Same place!
 SandyPhanta
10-20-2005, 8:35 PM
POOF.

http://thornytowermentalhospital.bravehost.com/)

A WITCH YE BE!

*cough* thanks
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 8:37 PM
A WITCH YE BE!

*cough* thanks

Yes. But the trick is...

ONLY HOGWARTS STUDENTS CAN SEE THE PAGE.

Now get reading.
 SandyPhanta
10-20-2005, 8:40 PM
BUT THE PAGE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT :0
 Purple Squid
10-20-2005, 8:42 PM
BUT THE PAGE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT :0

Haha! You got served Sorting Hat style.

So, it's awesome, right?
 DarthAve
10-20-2005, 8:44 PM
You sick little HP fan. do you go to book releasing parties in a Griffondor or whatever robe?
Page: 1 of 3