Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR - Side quest triggers

Page: 1 of 1
 GDI Lord
10-14-2005, 6:58 AM
How are the side quests for your party members, specifically Canderous and Juhani, triggered? I am really getting tired of planet-hopping in the hope thatXor will appear.Also, how does one progress after one kills Jagi and co on Tattoine? Canderous just says he needs more time to think. Also, regarding romancing party members, what triggers do I need to activate to carry on romancing Carth? This is my second time around and Im playing as a DS female scoundrel, cheating more than a Rodian Pazaak player (dont you just LOVE the way that guy on Tattoine says "PazAK"? :clap2: ) cos I'm playing JUST for the story now. Carth's romance seems to have stopped after we rescued his son on Korriban. An idea occured to me earlier that perhaps there is an ideal route that one must take planet-wise, i.e. Dantoine, Tattooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, space-station-thingy-name-place, Korriban. Thats the route I took when I was playing a male LS scout. I only got the first part of Juhani's side quest on Korriban, and since I could onlygo directly to the SF after that it kinda screwed me seeing if the guy would follow us and stalk/hunt Juhani.

Comments/ideas?

Edit:
Quick note: If they ARE triggered by, well, a trigger on the map as opposed to some random number generation thing, then it would be highly possible to create a map that just basically has triggers, right? BUT, that would require knowledge of the triggers' existence by the map editor tool/human? That, however, could/would probably be hidden somewhere in the map archives. (:newbie: I'm just starting to look and observe some mods and get a feeling for modding, so I'm not yet sure if that would be in a .rim or .bif or what.)
 Venom750
10-14-2005, 5:11 PM
wow thats alot here go's the Juhani side quest is random so Xor will apper any where but i find he pops up mostly on tattonnie and manaan. The candorus one after you kill Jagi talked to him on the unknown world and on the star forge and he'll talk to you about what happens now. I don't really know about the Carth one so i'll naff that one(i was mostly male) and xor only turns up with two thugs and tries to take Juhani but just when he's about to die you can influecnce her to kill or let him die either way he dieds
 The Doctor
10-15-2005, 9:20 AM
@Venom750:X or shows up the second time to kill you and take Juhani most often on Korriban, but you're right, he recognizes her most often on Mannan and Tattoine
@GDI Lord: You should go to the "space-station-thingy-name-place" after each Star Map. New items show up each time, and an un-logged quest starts. BTW, it's Yavin Station.After you kill Jagi, Canderous' quest can't be finished until the Unknown World (which I like to call Rakata). Talk to him on the Ebon Hawk at some point there after killing Jagi.
 GDI Lord
10-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks doc. Now I just have to figure out how to romance Carth, and maybe turn him to the ds in the process. I dont think thats possible though (the DS part) so I downloaded a mod to be able to make Carth turn to the DS. Looks like I'll be visiting Korriban quite a bit... *sigh* Should've made triggers for these things, although this DOES add to its replayability (and frustration ;-)
 The Doctor
10-15-2005, 12:00 PM
I don't usually do the romance quests,especially with female cgharacters, so all I know is that you can't make Carht D without RedHawke's mod (I'm not sure if anyone else has done one as well, but RedHawke's is the best).
 DarthVandar205
10-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Ive actually run into Xor on Kashyyk and Manaan the most. Ive never seen him on Tatooine or Koriban before, I usually take care of Kashyyk and Tatooine first anyways. Its easy to find him there as he usually appears close to the spaceport, both when he confronts and when he attacks Juhani. Most of the time I try to keep Juhani from doing anything to him, but once I let her and she decided that it wasnt something she was gonna let herself do and Xor died anyways but I got dark side points. That was during the game I wanted to go to the darkside though.
Page: 1 of 1