Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
10-13-2005, 6:50 PM
Ok Here are a few of my own questions for modding:

1. I have been trouble getting units from other mod maps, such as Majin Revan's Clone Commander into the game. When I add the name in the Clone Wars LUA, and test the game it either crashes, or it just has an empty spot where the unit should be.

2. How do you rename the names of the units and weapons and heros?

3. How do you edit the fire power of certain weapons, such as a rocket launcher?

4. How do you change the weapon used by a unit?

5. How do you name Command Posts?
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
10-15-2005, 2:17 PM
Help would really be appreciated!
 zerted
10-15-2005, 7:11 PM
I don't think anyone knows at this point, but it should be similar to SWBF1.
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
10-15-2005, 8:36 PM
THIS IS FOR SWBF1!!!!! lol!!
 zerted
10-16-2005, 7:13 AM
THIS IS FOR SWBF1!!!!! lol!!
Well then it really should be similar lol. Sorry.
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
10-16-2005, 8:26 PM
Hmm similar yes. That would help if I actually KNEW what was similer, i.e. Could you plz answer my questions?!?
 zerted
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't know any of the answers. Some body else reading this forum: Do you know?
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
10-18-2005, 10:22 PM
ANYONE? PLZ I ANSWERED A TON OF MOD QUESTIONS! AND NOW NO ONE IS ANSWERING MINE?! :firehead *turns into hulk* :explode:
 Teancum
10-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Visit www.gametoast.com) for all your answers.
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
10-20-2005, 8:09 PM
yeeeah I posted this topic there too and they haven't answered me yet...

http://gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2370)
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
10-21-2005, 5:39 PM
nvm, I just got like 80 people answer me at the same time....
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-03-2005, 4:44 PM
buuut...I still need help with #1, #3, #4.
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-19-2005, 12:05 PM
will no one help me?
 Relyt Tsueg
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
I am glad I happened to look back at this forum... I may be able to help you.
I hope you mean editing weapons on a map, not for the whole game. I don't know how to edit .lvl files or any of that.
To change a units weapons, and then to edit the fire rate/power/color/anything of the weapon, you'll need to "create a side" for your map in BFBuilder. Each unit you want to change will have to be in this. From the Assets folder, grab the .odf file for the unit you want and copy it into your sides ODF folder. Likewise but the units meshes, textures into the MSH folder. Open up the .odf file for the unit you are editing for your map (after unchecking "Read-only" in the properties of the file, so you can save your changes). Here is something like what you want to find in the .odf--

WeaponName1 = "rep_weap_inf_arccaster"
WeaponAmmo1 = 0
WeaponName2 = "rep_weap_inf_pistol"
WeaponAmmo2 = 0
WeaponName3 = "rep_weap_inf_thermaldetonator"
WeaponAmmo3 = 3
WeaponChannel3 = 1
WeaponName4 = "rep_weap_inf_powerup_dispenser"
WeaponAmmo4 = 5
WeaponChannel4 = 1

Switch out any of those with any "rep" weapons (using a side's weapons that won't be in your map isn't this easy).

For example, if I want to replace this unit's health dispenser with some mines, I replace

WeaponName4 = "rep_weap_inf_powerup_dispenser"
WeaponAmmo4 = 5
WeaponChannel4 = 1

with this from the arc_trooper .odf file-

WeaponName4 = "rep_weap_inf_mine_dispenser"
WeaponAmmo4 = 4
WeaponChannel4 = 1

Hope that is enought to get you started. Editing weapons requires copying the desired .odf to your sides file, as well as the .msh and .tga, and calling for the weapons .odf in the unit's .odf code, such as:

WeaponName1 = "rep_weap_inf_shotgun"
WeaponAmmo1 = 7

Before you can mundge this and play it, you'll need to edit the sides .REQ files to reference your new units, and then edit your mission .LUA file to call for the new units.

As usual, you'll get more help at gametoast (http://www.gametoast.com).
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-24-2005, 4:18 PM
"create a side"

how do i do that
 Relyt Tsueg
11-24-2005, 11:36 PM
On BFBuilder, while your level is open for editing, click on edit, then create new side. Name it something unique-- If you placing new Imperial units on the map, for instance, name it "SBFIMP" or something... not just the original "IMP".
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-27-2005, 7:01 PM
thx
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
11-27-2005, 7:02 PM
ok i still need help with this:
1. I have been trouble getting units from other mod maps, such as Majin Revan's Clone Commander into the game. When I add the name in the Clone Wars LUA, and test the game it either crashes, or it just has an empty spot where the unit should be.
 KZ_3D
02-22-2007, 7:54 AM
I added the Star Wars BattleFront .msh loader module to the 3D Object Converter and I uploaded the latest developer package (non beta) to my web page.

You can download it using the following link:
http://web.t-online.hu/karpo/3dc32390x_dev_20070217.zip)

I converted any original .msh files into .Wavefront's .obj format.
http://web.t-online.hu/karpo/reconverted.zip)

Original .msh files:
http://web.t-online.hu/karpo/msh_examples.rar)
Page: 1 of 1