Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AVol's Darth Vader

Page: 2 of 3
 Darkkender
01-15-2007, 2:26 PM
Your poses are all Animation related. Since there has been very limited and next to no success except for the mysterious new leaning animation by the TSLRP which untill the secret is given to the community is most likely a hoax. So when this wonderful knowledge is spread to the community then there might be a chance for your poses to be changed and improved.
 Mono_Giganto
01-15-2007, 2:37 PM
apart from that there is a cool animation of Nihilus very similar of Darth Vader, he crosses his arms when standing. can you make nihilus alwas have it when he is staring at the sky?

That one can likely be done with some swapping in animations.2da, since AVoL's Vader and Nihilus share animations. You'd just need to find the value for the crossed arms and put it in the column for the idle stance. There are tutorials on this site which will show you how to look for that kind of information.

The downside to this being that *everyone* will use that animation when standing idle, so if the default set of animations used by the player and 99% of NPCs contains a crossed arms aniamtion, everyone will use it when standing still.
 Darkkender
01-15-2007, 2:48 PM
I stand corrected on that point. Thanks Monkeyman
 logan essex
03-09-2007, 9:51 PM
is there a way to only use the armor and not the helmet?
or does anyone know of another vader armor mod for tsl?
 Master Zionosis
03-09-2007, 11:18 PM
This is the only alternative i could find, its for K1, but the model will be in K2 as well, so maybe you or some other modder could take it and convert it for TSL, Darth_Vader_Armor.zip (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/7925/Darth_Vader_Armor.zip)

Sorry, this is all i could find,

Enjoy!
 TLM20
03-11-2007, 9:22 PM
Any screenies?
 thacoolkid
07-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Does anybody still have this mod for TSL? We all know that PCGameMods is dead, so the links don't work. Everybody is saying how dope this mod is and i'm goin nuts over here because i can't get it. Somebody plz link it or send it to me.
 Art Of Betrayal
07-24-2007, 12:49 AM
If someone does i would like to have it as well. that would be awesome.
 Master Michael
07-24-2007, 4:25 AM
@ thacoolkid and Art Of Betrayal: I have the file. Send me a PM with your email adresses, and I'll send you the file.
 johney truth
07-25-2007, 5:19 PM
Awesome mod. Too bad the author isn`t around to gain permissions for finishing or altering this mod. If anyone does modify it, though, would you send it to me?
thanx
 Alexander the Great
07-25-2007, 6:07 PM
@ thacoolkid and Art Of Betrayal: I have the file. Send me a PM with your email adresses, and I'll send you the file.

Couldn't you just reZip/reRAR the files and post it here so that anyone can use it? It'd be a lot easier on everyone, including you.

Unfortunately no they can't, they would need the modders permisson to do so. If they secured permission from AVol then yes, they can. -RH
 RedHawke
07-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Folks, please stay on topic, I have had to use the pruning shears on this thread.

Also If you desire the mod and wish to take Master Michael's offer you need to use the Private Message (PM) system as he instructs. Posts here asking for the mod to be sent to them will simply be deleted. Thanks.
 darth bane92
09-01-2007, 4:37 PM
plz if anyone knows an active link tell me... i have been searching for ages now.
 Alexander the Great
09-01-2007, 5:04 PM
I sent you it in a PM, but if you want a link to something specific, put it in the PCGameMods thread.
 kolejorg
10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Could someone please send me the vader mod as well?
 Master Niewiedzial
10-15-2007, 2:19 AM
Do you want it? Huh? Ok PM me and I send you it by e-mail.
 Robespierre
03-21-2008, 8:38 PM
You can find this mod here: http://forums.filefront.com/3415918-post4.html).
 Druganator
06-11-2008, 1:04 AM
cuz my tsl doesnt work cuz my computer wont read my hard drive cuz i have two and it reads the ****ty one idk i jus want one for k1 if it exists
 logan essex
06-11-2008, 2:20 PM
cuz my tsl doesnt work cuz my computer wont read my hard drive cuz i have two and it reads the ****ty one idk i jus want one for k1 if it exists
sorry friend. This was made from the Darth Nihilus
model, which, of course, is only in TSL.
 Druganator
06-12-2008, 2:13 PM
would it be possible to make one from malak or revan?
 Robespierre
06-15-2008, 1:47 AM
would it be possible to make one from malak or revan?

Probably not from the Revan model, since I believe that is missing most of its animations, if not all. The Jedi Malak model has some animations, though its missing a significant amount. For the official word, talk to Settoken and Sithspecter, they're the guru's on character animations. Of course, you could just make a start from a standard model.
 Sithspecter
06-15-2008, 3:58 PM
I'm working on making a supermodel that has flowing cape animations, and Revan's model uses the in-game supermodels. A supermodel is a base model that contains all the animations for the human body and facial model. The reason why Revan's cape doesn't flow is because the devs either cut it or never did it except for in the cutscenes. Malak's model is a fullbody model, and the devs only did his combat animations, again to save on time. A mod could be done (I'm not familiar with this mod so I'm not sure what it does) that would have Darth Vader and his cape. It's possible, but I don't see anyone taking it up soon.
 Hawwi Joshe
07-01-2008, 7:05 PM
I'm having trouble properly installing the Vader Armor mod by Avol. I have read the readme several times, and everytime I install it wants to go into my Override folder which I know its not supposed to be placed there. So do I create a folder or do I place it in another folder, if so which one? I'm a bit confused where to place all the files contents. If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated!
 HK-42
07-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Do this: bring up the install pick the path Computer-Program Files-Lucasarts-Kotor2
Click kotor2 after you went through that then hit install. Some of the files WILL go into the override but it does other things to thats why it says dont pick the override as your main folder(you pick kotor2) then type in the cheat/import with KSE. Your done! Enjoy the mod
 Hawwi Joshe
07-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks alot! I got it workin.
 HK-42
07-02-2008, 1:00 AM
No problem and whelcome to the amazing forums of lucasforums!!!
 Hawwi Joshe
07-02-2008, 4:00 PM
Can anyone tell me how you can skip the portait portion of your PC setup when you want to select Darth Vader outright as your PC? I read on the first page of this forum where someone else experienced this problem and a response that said "Edit button is your friend", although I'm not exactly sure what was meant by that. Anyone know a way to properly do this?

Edit: Nevermind, it took me a while but I FINALLY got it work :lol:
 z-bond7890
01-15-2009, 8:10 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to Lucasforums
where can I get a copy of the darth vader armour? It looks absolutely stunning.
 Kainzorus Prime
01-15-2009, 1:01 PM
Stable Mirror. (http://files.filefront.com/avol+vaderzip/;9863664;/fileinfo.html) I say add this to the original post to prevent further 'where' questions.

Done, thanks DK.

I also wish to stress to new posters to please read the stuck threads before posting in these threads. Thanks. -RH
 Will O' The Wisq
02-01-2009, 1:30 PM
Any screenies?
 ruler1880
02-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Can somebody please send me this file?
when i'm downloading it it doesn't function
my mail is <snipped>
thx

Please use the "Private Message function", it is against forum rules for your own good not to have email addresses posted here, as it invites bots, and you get a lot of spam email. -- j7
 Darth Avlectus
02-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Can somebody please send me this file?
when i'm downloading it it doesn't function

<SNIPPED>

I'll give a copy to you as soon as I am able--I do recall that I have a version of it somewhere. Look for my Private Message.

--- GTA

EDIT: YES! FOUND IT! Check your PM's if you haven't already! (And please be kind to the moderators--edit your post above for reply instead of making another post--saves space that way! ;))

EDIT EDIT: I don't know, but you probably found this via a search engine 'cuz of some video or something like that. Since a mod already checked you out without chewing your head off, I guess an exception was made.--Generally reviving old threads is a no-no...requests go here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167699).

I'll be quiet, now. :lol:

And a personal thank you to J7 for being a kind mod--you didn't have to, but you were a gentleman anyway.
 xViiViD
02-07-2009, 2:50 AM
thats awesome is there one for kotor 1?
 waitwut
03-29-2009, 3:12 PM
thats awesome is there one for kotor 1?

i second this question
 HK-42
03-29-2009, 3:18 PM
i second this question

I answer this question, that was seconded: No.
 JTFO
04-19-2009, 12:51 AM
I tried installing 0.92.36 beta of this mod but when I click "Install Mod" it gives me a dialog box titled "TSLPatcher" which says "RichEdit line insertion error". Is there anything I'm missing?

EDIT: If it's possible...and legal, can someone just rezip all the installed files so I can just copy them into a folder instead of trying to find a way to run the .exe? Thanks
 Darth Avlectus
04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I have discovered a bug associated with this particular mod.

Deatils of my system at discovery:
OS Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1

SW:KOTOR 2 TSL
Game version 2.10.427 English
TSL Patch 1.0b

(Not sure how helpful this will be to anyone.)

After installing, I was able to play for awhile. It seemed normal until I had reached the end of the underground mine. Upon attempting to go to the next module, the game would freeze and either crashed or needed to force-quit. It repeatedly encountered this error. Playing other saved game files it did not affect them at first, but after~20-40 hours of gameplay this bug began showing up in the other save games. The more you would use them the more it would appear. Not long after, the same problem was so bad that your character could not move fro mone module/ part of the level to another without the game crash. Uninstall if it gets to this point.

Even after uninstall this error will still reappear until you reactivate a save game unused or at least that did not encounter this bug to return it to normal--figured if it works for game saves acting up from the 'heat zones', it would work here and it did. If this is not possible, I suspect it can be solved by also starting a new game after uninstall.

Another interesting side note is that this mod will inadvertently "fix" the 0 health immortality in the "Dead Jedi room" within Ludo Kressh's tomb on Korriban. Normally if you reached 0 health in here while re-spawning hississ in that infinite exp loop "glitch" (yeah, right), you would not die. Now this part of the glitch has been fixed and thus your time in here levelling up and exploiting this loop is much more difficult.

Side-side note: for the normal, if you level up with 0 health then you cannot apply any skill points you earned and if you accept it you will lose out; so cancel, heal some, then level up while you have health 0< so you CAN take advantage of those skill points. ;)
 RedHawke
04-20-2009, 7:10 AM
I have discovered a bug associated with this particular mod.
I just installed this mod to a test folder and this mod only installs appearance.2da, portraits.2da, 2 model files, 3 tga files, 2 txi files, the Vader Armor item uti, and readme file. It installs no scripts or edited area files, nothing that should influence what you are indicating has been influenced/changed/bugged by this mod.
 JTFO
04-23-2009, 3:24 AM
Well, since my post got nuked, I'm assuming my request was illegal.

But has anyone got a solution to the RichEdit error or whatever I'm getting?
 Giant Graffiti
04-23-2009, 9:03 AM
What directory are you trying to install it in? Are you using XP or Vista?
 JTFO
05-13-2009, 7:49 AM
I have the .exe in the KOTOR 2 root folder and I'm using XP with SP1 and SP2, pretty much every .NET Framework update as well.

I choose "full installation" when prompted.

The RichEdit line insertion error pops us with a TSLPatcher dialog box, but the thing is that I've followed the solution to that given in the TSLPatcher discussion thread (I've replaced both the RichEdit .dlls and changed the print-text log), and the thing keeps popping up even with that.

Edit: Uh, bump again.

I extracted the .exe to manually install with TSLPatcher but as it turns out, TSLPatcher really, really hates me. It gives me an "unhandled error" when I try install the extracted files, even though I'm pretty sure I've done all the right things (the files are in "tslpatchdata", there's a changes.ini file, the 2DA files).

Now, I'm pretty sure the only problem I have is that I can't install the proper lines into appearance.2da and portraits.2da. If someone can't find a solution to my TSLPatcher woes, I'd like to request someone who's successfully installed this mod to provide their 2DA files, but that might be illegal as well...

Combining earlier post into this one. Sorry you aren't getting any help JTFO, but posting repeated requests are considered spam here, you have already asked for the mod files once, the second time your post was removed, now this one is longer but basically asking the same thing. Again I'm sorry you aren't getting the help you want, it is a pity that AVol has left us, if you don't get responses here you could try to contact the maker of the TSL Patcher (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149285) for assistance stoffe (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=121047) via Private Messaging (PM) or post about this in the TSL Patcher thread. -RH
 Kainzorus Prime
07-12-2009, 6:59 PM
I'm providing another (http://www.filefront.com/14027957/avol_vader.zip) filefront mirrior, as apparently all my previous files uploaded there were deleted.
 Lord_Vader_501st
08-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Can Someone send me this mod, pcgamers won't let me download this.. mod thank you, PM me if someone is going to send it to me
 Lord Dagron
08-25-2010, 1:57 PM
Can Someone send me this mod, pcgamers won't let me download this.. mod thank you, PM me if someone is going to send it to me

The link that S posted works. So use that one.
09-04-2010, 12:57 PM
so like... S is now my hero :D
i've been trying to get vaders armor for months

Also this is my first post on these forums :D yayyy hello everybody :D
 Bad213Boy
11-13-2010, 7:52 PM
Someone should send it to the KOTOR site. That link is so small, it's hard to see.
 Canderis
11-13-2010, 8:14 PM
You cannot release this mod without th author's permission. And AVol is AWOL
 Working Class Hero
11-13-2010, 9:23 PM
You cannot release this mod without th author's permission. And AVol is AWOL
Well, actually there's nothing stopping anyone from publicly releasing this on other sites, but for just giggles I'll assume you're talking about Kfiles.

I did some reading and came up with this:

Q: What if I can't get in touch with an author to receive permission?

A: This has come up several times, and after some discussion we decided that if you can prove you tried reasonably to acquire permission, we will post the file. You still must adequately credit the original author and include that file's read-me. "Reasonably" means that you must make a valid effort to get in touch with the author. Sending an e-mail out on Monday and then requesting the file be posted on Tuesday because you could not get in touch with the author won't work. It is also important to note that if the missing author returns at some point and request the file be removed, we will remove it. I would assume that since members have attempted to contact Avol and he hasn't responded, his mod would fall under this rule?
 Bad213Boy
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
That just sucks. These people made it to be used. I can't see anyone trying to sell any of this stuff. The US law is that it's not illegal to burn your own CDs. It's only illegal to sell copied stuff.

I think I found it on some Russian site anyways.

Well, actually there's nothing stopping anyone from publicly releasing this on other sites, but for just giggles I'll assume you're talking about Kfiles.

I did some reading and came up with this:

I would assume that since members have attempted to contact Avol and he hasn't responded, his mod would fall under this rule?

LOL, thats awesome. I'll have to save this one.
 LordAkarixa
09-09-2011, 7:44 AM
Pcgamemods is down now, you know but where can i download AVol's Vader now?
Page: 2 of 3