Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Would You Like To See Changing Whether Patterns In KOTOR III?

Page: 1 of 1
 kookaburra
10-01-2005, 3:44 AM
Hello

Would anyone like to see changing wheather patterns in KOTOR III? (eg tatooine is fine and sunny one visit and then the next time you visit it rains) and the the next question comes in to mind is would you like to see many planets change from day to night each time you visit them making the visits to the planets more real.
 Kain
10-01-2005, 5:33 AM
I'd like to see more than the same 3 moves in Melee combat every round.
 Vibro
10-01-2005, 7:01 AM
It would be a nice feature but not that important imo.
 fresnosmokey02
10-01-2005, 9:17 AM
It might be a nice detail, but if K3 turns out as engrossing as the other two, it is unnecessary until you play the game several times to become aware of that sort of thing. For example: I remember that it wasn't until my third or fourth run through on K1 that I noticed that it was nighttime on Taris. I was so intent on exploring and figuring out who I could talk to that I never looked at the sky.
 Jeff
10-01-2005, 10:26 AM
(eg tatooine is fine and sunny one visit and then the next time you visit it rains)It doesn't rain on Tatooine.
 Bob Lion54
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
It doesn't rain on Tatooine.
They should have rain on Tatooine and sand storms on Mannan!

Anyway, while it would be kinda cool, I would prefer the delvelopers spend their time on more important elements of the game. Like, and this is just an example, an ending.:xp:
 MdKnightR
10-01-2005, 2:32 PM
I think it would be way cool to have changing time and weather patterns like you see in GTA: Vice City. I always found it curious that the sky never changed in either KOTOR game.
 ForceFightWMe12
10-01-2005, 3:27 PM
I think it would be a pretty cool feature. I had always wondered if the developers would do that. However, it isn't neccissary, and I agree with Bob Lion.
 Jackel
10-01-2005, 7:57 PM
I would like to see different times of day but only if it was tied to quests or merchants. Imagine doing a quest but having to meet a contact at spot A at midnight or midday otherwise he wouldnt be there and you couldnt carry on the mission.
 RobQel-Droma
10-01-2005, 9:11 PM
That would be a cool feature. I don't think that they should really spend much time on it, but I think that it would be a little thing that would make the game a notch better.
 The Doctor
10-02-2005, 3:03 PM
I think it would be awsome, but it might make modding harder...
I don't really care whether or not it's done, I think the game will be cool either way (as long as they FINISH IT THIS TIME!!!)
 90SK
10-02-2005, 3:33 PM
That would be awesome. I'd love to have rain on, say, Kashyyyk, or something like that. It would probably be hard, and like The Doctor said the modding would probably be harder (unless the whole feature was script-based).
 lukeiamyourdad
10-02-2005, 5:56 PM
The question one must ask before considering quests based on weather or day/night cycle is how long does that cycle last?

If I can only complete a quest at night, how much time will I have to sit on my butt doing nothing before being able to do it?

It's a nice feature, but making quests based on the weather or time of the day is a little harder.
 The Doctor
10-02-2005, 7:19 PM
The question one must ask before considering quests based on weather or day/night cycle is how long does that cycle last?

If I can only complete a quest at night, how much time will I have to sit on my butt doing nothing before being able to do it?

It's a nice feature, but making quests based on the weather or time of the day is a little harder.

Thats another point. We'd have to wait to finish quests for hours at a time sometimes. That would suck.
 AnarKy
10-02-2005, 7:44 PM
There was a system like that in Fable and it was working.
 MdKnightR
10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
There was a system like that in Fable and it was working.

It works well in GTA3 and Vice City.
Page: 1 of 1