Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR II Character Imports

Page: 1 of 2
 chaleur
09-30-2005, 1:36 PM
The Question Is: Who do you want to see imported as a party member (not just making an appearance) in KotOR III?

The KotOR I thread is : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153099).

And the first Mira should be Kreia in alphabetical order, but I can't seem to either fix it, or delete the thread and redo. Doh. If anyone knows how, lemme know.
 Darth333
09-30-2005, 2:21 PM
I edited the poll for you and also added HK, t3 and Mandalore. as some people didn't play K1 before playing k2 :)
 Daveros
09-30-2005, 3:50 PM
Well HK and T3, obviously! :)

Other than those two, I think only Visas and the Handmaiden should make a re-appearance, although I don't know about Visas after the Ravager, though. As like, she's dead.
 Achilles
09-30-2005, 3:56 PM
Well HK and T3, obviously! :)Ditto! I've said it before and I'll say it again, their return in TSL makes it pretty obvious (to me at least) that LA will follow in GL's footsteps by keeping the 2 main droids in every installment.
 Vibro
09-30-2005, 4:04 PM
The Exile, HK and maybe T3.
 fresnosmokey02
09-30-2005, 4:13 PM
HK and T3, definately; Mandalore, possibly. Also Disciple and Handmaiden, possibly. Not that I care to see them or anything. But, remember when Kreia is telling you the future on Malachor V, the others' futures don't seem to have anything to do with the continuing storyline. And I say Disciple and Handmaiden possibly because they become head of the council and historian respectively.
 RedHawke
10-01-2005, 1:08 AM
Ditto! I've said it before and I'll say it again, their return in TSL makes it pretty obvious (to me at least) that LA will follow in GL's footsteps by keeping the 2 main droids in every installment.
I second this sentiment! :D We will likely see Mandalore again as well. ;)
 Jeff
10-01-2005, 1:12 AM
The droids and Mandalore.

Actually, let me re-phrase. Only HK and T3: definately no goto, worst NPC ever.
 Weiser_Cain
10-01-2005, 2:45 AM
Picked Visas, though it was hard as you didn't really feel like you got to know the characters as well as you did in the first game... I'm reinstalling that game.
 Kain
10-01-2005, 5:32 AM
I'm tired of them damnable droids.
 MdKnightR
10-01-2005, 2:38 PM
definately no goto, worst NPC ever.

I fully agree with that! I just wanted to slice him up with my saber! I voted to have Atton, Handmaiden, Mira, Visas, The Exile, and Mandalore as possibilities, since I am sure that they won't carry over that many.
 MdKnightR
10-01-2005, 2:46 PM
Picked Visas, though it was hard as you didn't really feel like you got to know the characters as well as you did in the first game... I'm reinstalling that game.

You uninstalled KOTOR? BLASPHEMY! :fist:
 Kensai
10-01-2005, 4:52 PM
Visas, Handmaiden (but with a real name!) and Bao-Dur, Atton. I think these NPC's could have relevance to the continued timeline, also the droids will be there, as a mainstay to shape the 3 games together.

I doubt any of them will be there except Atton though...
 Weiser_Cain
10-02-2005, 4:11 AM
Nah my computer died a few times, I'm downloading my own mods right now... Feels weird.
 Slave.
10-02-2005, 11:40 PM
HK, T3 and Mandalore. The droids are sure to be in Kotor III, not sure about Mandalore. He's a cool character, and could pretty easily be included into the game.
 Prime
10-03-2005, 8:54 AM
I'm pretty happy with the majority making a return, but in particular, I'd like to see the K1 charcters moreso...
 chaleur
10-03-2005, 2:59 PM
I edited the poll for you and also added HK, t3 and Mandalore. as some people didn't play K1 before playing k2 :)

You are amazingly awesome :). Thank you!
 chaleur
10-03-2005, 3:30 PM
But, remember when Kreia is telling you the future on Malachor V, the others' futures don't seem to have anything to do with the continuing storyline.

Bao-Dur's future, as delivered by Kreia, could have a lot to do with the main story line. But that assumes Kreia was telling the truth. She wouldn't like...lie or anything, for her own purposes, would she? Not Kreia.
 fresnosmokey02
10-03-2005, 4:22 PM
Bao-Dur's future, as delivered by Kreia, could have a lot to do with the main story line. But that assumes Kreia was telling the truth. She wouldn't like...lie or anything, for her own purposes, would she? Not Kreia.

Well, that's true, I suppose. She said she couldn't see Bao Dur's future (she never could read him), nor the droids' futures.
 Vladimir-Vlada
10-03-2005, 5:31 PM
All of them. Except Hanharr (jerk :mad: ), and Visas (she creeps me out :whacked: )
 Jae Onasi
10-04-2005, 12:26 PM
I'll be interested to see what HK-47 will have to say--some of the fun of playing is just hearing his pithy comments.
 AnakinSolaris
10-18-2005, 6:05 AM
T3 & HK have to be kept as party members, without a doubt, although I would like to see some better lines for HK (his lines in KOTOR1 were excellent, but not as good in KOTOR2). Both should be available from the start this time.

As for the others, I think that the party members should be new characters, although Handmaiden should make an appearance (perhaps as your new mentor?), Atton, G0T0 & Bao-Dur could make appearances. Hanharr & Mira shouldn't (as one of them at the end in 2). Don't think that Visas should make an appearance either, as she is a bit of a loner and probably killed herself after Exile went to unknown regions!

P.S. Thought that Kreia dies at end of 2, so how can she be in 3?
 90SK
10-18-2005, 7:40 PM
Atton and Bao-Dur, because they were both my "right/left" hand men. ;) I never really considered the Exile a party member, but I'd love to have him/her be the PC for K3.

P.S. Thought that Kreia dies at end of 2, so how can she be in 3?

The force works in mysterious ways. ;)
 Kriim Ianga
03-04-2008, 4:02 PM
HK is needed, T3 will probably be there, Canderous/Mandalore apparently isn't going anywhere, and Visas is just too hot to get rid of.

As for Kreia...she was awesome, but isn't she dead now? Isn't the entire Sith Triumvirate dead now? I mean, the basic underlying theme of KOTOR 2 seemed to be the destruction of the Sith Triumvirate.
 Lord Sturkie
03-04-2008, 5:19 PM
Just remember, Kreia said, "There must ALWAYS be a Darth Treya." Or what ever it was. Maybe the new one could be included, but yes, Kreia is dead, I killed her. :lightning Bwahahahah :jedijawa: :jedijawa: :jedijawa:
:jedijawa:
 Jason Skywalker
03-04-2008, 5:41 PM
Lol thread necromancy.

Anyways, T3 and HK are must-haves for the BEGINNING of the game. I hate having to wait to a certain planet yadda yadda yadda.
 Alteir
03-04-2008, 6:07 PM
Mira or Visas. I always have them in my party. Those are my best characters, and i love them so. Maybe it's because for me they're fappable. But i dunno.
 TKA-001
03-04-2008, 7:12 PM
For party members, HK and T3. The others should have cameos or small supporting roles of some kind. I'm not sure why Kreia's in the poll, since she dies at the end of TSL.

Maybe it's because for me they're fappable.
TMI?
 Rev7
03-04-2008, 9:28 PM
I would have to say three:

-T3-M4
-HK-47
-Mandalore
In no particular order
 DeadYorick
03-04-2008, 9:32 PM
Id want Atton Rand and the Exile in the next Kotor game to be honest. I like both of those characters
 Kas'!m
03-05-2008, 9:10 AM
Everybody except kreia and Go-to
 Ztalker
03-05-2008, 9:14 AM
I'd like to see Atton return.

It's just...he reminds me of Han Solo...but with an incredible twist.
He used to be an Sith Assassin specifically targeting Jedi!

I just loved the way he played the fool without actually being one. The cut content proves this. Hell, he even challenges Darth Sion to a duel! Plus, I always felt hatred against Kreia (I'm one of those feel-good people who can not play the game DS. :xp: ) and supporting Atton felt good :)
 General LiWar
03-07-2008, 2:19 PM
Visas, Handmaiden (but with a real name!) and Bao-Dur, Atton. I think these NPC's could have relevance to the continued timeline, also the droids will be there, as a mainstay to shape the 3 games together.

I doubt any of them will be there except Atton though...

I know this is an old post but the Handmaiden does have a nameHer name is Brianna I can't remember how to find that out, it's been too long since. Probably after you get your influnce high enough.

Anyways, I would keep her and atton. they were pretty cool. The droids will probably stay and i wish they wouldn't, I only use them when i have too
 Sharen Thrawn
03-07-2008, 2:49 PM
Hk and T3 for sure. Apart from them, I would like Mandalore/Canderous to return. I would be great to have him thruough the whole trilogy!
 Zerimar Nyliram
03-07-2008, 4:52 PM
HK-47, T3-M4 and Mira. Other than that, I'd like a completely new party. Canderous just wasn't that interesting in the second game. It was like he wasn't really there.
 Steve-O Kreesh
03-07-2008, 6:14 PM
No Meatbags! Just the droids.
 Salzella
03-11-2008, 5:22 PM
T3 definitely, and HK only if they revert to the KOTOR I character style, you could tell that in TSL they were over-doing it somewhat. Nowhere near as compelling a character. nuh-uh. nope.
 Miles Edgeworth
03-14-2008, 2:19 PM
I'd love to see HK, T3, Bao-Dur, and Candalore come back, other than that there's the Exile, but I'd rather see her as the PC than a party member.
 Darth SINner
03-15-2008, 12:58 AM
has to be HK-47

he just makes the games.
 Jvstice
03-15-2008, 1:20 AM
I'd be interested in seeing and hearing HK-47 again, but I'd really rather recruit one of the Hk-51's that serve him after the droid factory & G0T0 showdown than actually him into the party. I doubt they'd actually allow for that option, but it would be my preference.

T3 would be cool. I really would like it more if T3 and whatever HK droid you get dont' start back at square 0 as far as abilities you gained for them in the first two games, and I'd really like there to be a similar number of improvements for each of them as the game progresses. I'd also like to see a mission or two that plays to their strengths. Like an actual solo assassination mission for Hk, or a sneak into the base and hack the mainframe mission for T3.

I was very interested in what Visas was supposed to see in Katarr's ruins that Kreia's prophecy mentioned as she dies. What was important to be hidden from her if she lives to the end of the game? Kreia makes the same prediction whether Visas is light or dark side, so it's possible that Obsidian had something that would influence her and have her brought to a specific alignment no matter what you chose in K2. I'd really like to hear the solution to this mystery of what she was supposed to see, and having Visas as a party member would shed light on the cryptic hints regarding her in Kreia's prophecy @ the end of K2. Not to mention that I think that sentinals will take center stage in K3, and that she'd fit into this well.

I especially thought Kreia's & Handmaiden's (on behalf of Atris) hints about Bao Dur and his future brought up some intriguing possibilities and would love to see him as a Jedi/mechanic/teacher/high council in the New - old jedi order.

I'd kind of either like to see Mira explore her connection to the mandalorians and who her father was, now that she's a jedi (if Exile was LS) esp if Canderous was her father & didn't know or something, or I'd like to see a confrontation between Hanhar and Zalbar (if Exile was ds) and the new pc having a choice of who to side with.

Also, I really like the idea Kreia as a sith force ghost advising your character like Ben Kenobi's LS force ghost did for Luke in ROTJ. Maybe not in your party as a playable NPC, but with your party from the get go.

Not really interested in Bryanna or Disciple as recruitable, though I do think recruitable Atris and/or Exile would be worthwhile, but for very different reasons.
 LordOfTheFish
03-20-2008, 11:37 AM
I would like to see Bao-Dur in the III game
 Meowster
03-20-2008, 2:26 PM
Seconded. I don't know if he should make an appearance, but I WOULD like to know what happend to Bao-Dur, and if he really 'supposidly' died.
 Inyri
03-20-2008, 2:32 PM
I'd like to see Bao-Dur removed from TSL, tbh... :p I can't believe he has more votes than Atton! >.>
 JCarter426
03-20-2008, 4:56 PM
Seriously, he only has about three lines in the entire game.

That, and he's dead. :p
 Corinthian
03-20-2008, 5:52 PM
G0-T0. He was the only original character in TSL that both did stuff and didn't make me have an unstoppable desire to commit murder.
 JCarter426
03-20-2008, 6:13 PM
G0-T0's dead too. :p
 TKA-001
03-21-2008, 1:27 PM
I'd say G0-T0's probably dead more than that he IS dead (probably depends on alignment).
 JCarter426
03-21-2008, 9:34 PM
No, he's definitely dead. From Wook's article:

In the deleted levels, HK-47 was supposed to come to an agreement with HK-51 droids, the successors of the HK-50s, so that these droids would destroy G0-T0 during the finale's G0-T0/Remote standoff. Later, The New Essential Guide to Droids reintroduced this particular cutscene into canon, although HK-51s were replaced with HK-50s.

(Yes, Wook isn't always reliable, but they actually have a source this time. :p)

I suppose that G0-T0 could be alive in K3 if the Exile was DS in K2, but that would only add to the confusion.
 Joetheeskimo
03-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't see how the Exile [or Revan] could be imported as a party member. The whole point of party members are to be supportive roles, less powerful overall than the PC. By the end of K1 & K2, I can safely assume, your PC has insanely high skills, Force, and/or combat skills. Having him/her in your party in K3 would make no sense. Unless he/she loses all of his/her experience from the previous game, he/she would be much more powerful than your PC from the start. It would draw attention away from the K3 PC, who is supposed to be the main character with all the potential.

Maybe they could act as a mentor -- i.e., you start your quest off only after Revan or the Exile has taught you everything they know -- or perhaps the (or one of the) quests in K3 would be finding Revan or the Exile (both of whom disappear at the ends of their respective games).

I voted for HK & TM-34, because those are pretty obvious choices, and Handmaiden, just because the idea of her being the "already Jedi" addition to your party (like Visas in K2) appeals to me.
 JCarter426
03-23-2008, 12:12 AM
I voted for those three as well. The droids are obvious, but I picked Brianna mainly because of Mr Chee's remark that she "maybe" joined the (female) Exile in K2. It would be nice for canon, plus she's an interesting character. And if the PC isn't Revan or the Exile (a likely scenario), then Brianna could train the PC like she did in K2, maybe teach new Lightsaber/Force forms.
Page: 1 of 2