Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[spoiler] HELP! The Handmaiden wont talk to me anymore..!!! ~_~

Page: 1 of 1
 akademix
09-19-2005, 9:25 AM
guys the handmaiden wont talk to me no more.. is it becoz of Visas?after i get visas, i talked to her and stuff i got lots of influence on her then later when i come in the ebon hawk, theres a cutscene, visas and the handmaiden were arguing.. after that scene, another cutscene were introduced, this time its between kreia and handmaiden something abt the exile and clouded my judgement blah blah.. after that scene i went to talk to the handmaiden, she started of saying "what do u want?" or something like that then BAM! she said its over between us except to fight along side with me.. then that was it, she wont say anything to me no more.. that sucks! so uh anyone could help me out here in getting handmaiden to talk to me again??? thanx guys... i'll be waiting...
 Tupac Amaru
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
That happens if you have much higher influence with Visas than Handmaiden. The difference has to be pretty large, at least 30, I think. To avoid this you should gain some influence with the Handmaiden before Visas.
Unless you have a save before this incident the only way you can get her to talk with you again would be to reset some variables with KSE (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse) . This thread says which variables you'd have to change:
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144824)
 Prime
09-19-2005, 10:51 AM
That's what you get for trying to be Superfly. :)
 akademix
09-19-2005, 1:12 PM
Superfly huh? hehehe anyway thanx for the response guys... sigh.... ^_~
 Achilles
09-19-2005, 1:30 PM
That happens if you have much higher influence with Visas than Handmaiden. The difference has to be pretty large, at least 30, I think. To avoid this you should gain some influence with the Handmaiden before Visas.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no minimum variation. If you have more influence with Visas than Handmaiden and you speak to Handmaiden on the Ebon Hawk, she will get upset and not speak to you again. Your influence with them can be the same, but if Visas' is even just a little higher, you won't be able to spar with or train Handmaiden.
 The_Maker
09-19-2005, 2:13 PM
Kinda shows you how insecure she really is <_<
 Tupac Amaru
09-19-2005, 7:44 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there is no minimum variation. If you have more influence with Visas than Handmaiden and you speak to Handmaiden on the Ebon Hawk, she will get upset and not speak to you again. Your influence with them can be the same, but if Visas' is even just a little higher, you won't be able to spar with or train Handmaiden.
According to the script the trigger for the cutscene where Visas and Handmaiden are arguing is that you have at least 15 influence more with Visas. I got that one myself and was still able to talk to or spar with Handmaiden.

If however the difference becomes greater than 30 and 45 you get additional cutscenes with Kreia and Handmaiden. After one of those, the Handmaiden will get angry and refuse to talk with you. Hmm, I just noticed that the influence difference in my current game was already 26. That was close. :sweating:
 ForceFightWMe12
09-19-2005, 8:04 PM
Umm...how do you figure out what influence level you have?? It's never actually happened to me before...I knew it could but...you know, don't want to be caught off guard sort of a thing...
 Darth333
09-19-2005, 8:22 PM
You can check your influence level with KSE or the Remote tells your influence (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/11727.html)mod) by tk102
 Achilles
09-19-2005, 11:48 PM
According to the script the trigger for the cutscene where Visas and Handmaiden are arguing is that you have at least 15 influence more with Visas. I got that one myself and was still able to talk to or spar with Handmaiden.

If however the difference becomes greater than 30 and 45 you get additional cutscenes with Kreia and Handmaiden. After one of those, the Handmaiden will get angry and refuse to talk with you. Hmm, I just noticed that the influence difference in my current game was already 26. That was close. Open up handmaiden.dlg and look at Entry 253. I'm pretty sure that global is set when you gain more influence with Visas than Handmaiden (by any amount), but I could be wrong. It also appears to be the same parameter that allows the Visas-Handmaiden cutscene to trigger *shrugs*. I guess I'll have to test it out with KSE to find out for sure.
 TheExileReturns
09-20-2005, 1:54 AM
Handmaiden's a waste of time anyway. At least Visas will put out for you.
 Tupac Amaru
09-20-2005, 9:45 AM
Open up handmaiden.dlg and look at Entry 253. I'm pretty sure that global is set when you gain more influence with Visas than Handmaiden (by any amount), but I could be wrong. It also appears to be the same parameter that allows the Visas-Handmaiden cutscene to trigger *shrugs*. I guess I'll have to test it out with KSE to find out for sure.
As far I can tell that variable is set to 1 during the Visas-Handmaiden argument and to 2 and 3 during the Kreia-Handmaiden cutscenes. It is also used as a trigger for the cutscenes along with influence checks:
else if (!GetGlobalBoolean("CUT_VISAS_VS_MAID")
&& (GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Visas_Hand") == 0)
&& (GetInfluenceDiff(NPC_VISAS, NPC_HANDMAIDEN) >= 15)
/*&& GetGlobalBoolean("000_PLAYER_GENDER")*/)
{
AurPostString("CS: VISAS HANDMAIDEN ARGUE", 5, 15, 5.0);
}
else if (!GetGlobalBoolean("CUT_MIRA_MAID")
&& (GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Visas_Hand") == 1)
&& (GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Mira_Hand") == 0))
{
AurPostString("CS: MIRA HANDMAIDEN TALK", 5, 15, 5.0);
}
else if (!GetGlobalBoolean("CUT_KREIA_MAID_1")
&& (GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Visas_Hand") == 1)
&& (GetInfluenceDiff(NPC_VISAS, NPC_HANDMAIDEN) >= 30))
{
AurPostString("CS: KREIA HANDMAIDEN DS 1", 5, 15, 5.0);
}
else if (!GetGlobalBoolean("CUT_KREIA_MAID_2")
&& (GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Visas_Hand") == 2)
&& (GetInfluenceDiff(NPC_VISAS, NPC_HANDMAIDEN) >= 45))
{
AurPostString("CS: KREIA HANDMAIDEN DS 2", 5, 15, 5.0);
}

The influence steps are 15, 30 and 45. The Handmaiden gets angry once 003EBO_Visas_Hand is at least 2. That pretty much matches the behaviour I experienced during the game. I am using the Handmaiden for female exiles mod. Don't think it is different in a normal game, though.
 The Doctor
10-02-2005, 5:18 PM
I never liked Visas, and I never had that much influence over her. Bastila and Handmaiden are the best Female characters, in my opinion.
Page: 1 of 1