Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

vanir's tsl tweak v1.03

Page: 1 of 1
 vanir
09-16-2005, 1:07 AM
It was a pretty base level mod. Excellent when combined with stoffe's AI mod and some decent skins. Hope I didn't overdo Darth Sion because he just kicked my butt all over Trayus Academy.
I'm going to have another bash at him and if he does it again I'll have to tone him back down (being as I've got 46AC Weaponmaster and average a couple of hundred pts damage per attack before enhancements).
The Darth Nihilus battle was perfect though, just the right amount to drag it out and turn it into part Force battle, part combat.
Download at pcgamesmods.

Any comments or pointers, feel free.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-16-2005, 6:45 AM
hehehe... next time, you might want to provide a link to it ;)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16212.html)

Looks good though! :thumbsup:
 vanir
09-16-2005, 7:22 AM
Thanks ChAiNz, I'll remember that next time ;)

And thanks to Darth333 for helping get my account here at Holowan going :)
 Darth333
09-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the forums :)

I didn't check all the files but after a quick glimpse, i see two problems with the mod:

1- you seem to have forgotten a few files in your mod: k_inc_force.nss will have no effect at all on the game unless it is compiled with k_sp1_generic.nss (you'll get k_sp1_generic.ncs as k_inc_force is an included script) . The game uses k_sp1_generic.ncs to trigger the force powers.

2- n_darthsion002.utc does not have a unique tag : the tag is used by the following files ( I used tk102's findrefs http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) to find out) :

152HAR_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
154HAR_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
702KOR_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
853NIH_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
903MAL_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
903MAL_s.rim n_darthsion002.utc Tag DarthSion
904MAL_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
905MAL_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
905MAL_s.rim n_darthsion002.utc Tag DarthSion
906MAL_s.rim n_darthsion001.utc Tag DarthSion
906MAL_s.rim n_darthsion002.utc Tag DarthSion
templates.bif n_darthsion.utc Tag DarthSion

Note that a few of these objects such as the sion files used in the cutscenes that have been turned into movies are not being used by the game.

This will cause problems when a script calls the object using the Darthsion tag. Your .utc file will be used instead of the intended .utc file and the game will likely freeze since the objects do not have the same scripts attached to them.
 Tupac Amaru
09-17-2005, 12:21 PM
This will cause problems when a script calls the object using the Darthsion tag. Your .utc file will be used instead of the intended .utc file and the game will likely freeze since the objects do not have the same scripts attached to them.
AFAIK, The game would only pick the wrong file if the template ResRefs are the same, not the tags. n_darthsion002 will not override n_darthsion001 because they use the same tags.
Page: 1 of 1