Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Requests for New Mod Utilities

Page: 2 of 2
 Canderis
09-15-2008, 6:51 PM
Does anyone think they can make a tool for opening up a module and pinpointing the exact coordinates so you can copy them into the gff editor so module building wont be so time consuming.
 Mav
09-15-2008, 9:35 PM
Does anyone think they can make a tool for opening up a module and pinpointing the exact coordinates so you can copy them into the gff editor so module building wont be so time consuming.

Not exactly sure about a tool, but there are actually "modders mods" out there, I haven't modded in a while, but from what I can recall, I believe DTrips, RH, and Cz all had various armbands with multiple functions, one of them being the ability of telling you the coordinates of the module where your PC is standing. Granted this requires actually running your game, as well as being in the module you want coordinates for, but there are also mods out there with armbands that will warp you from module to module ;) Old school modding at its finest.
 assassing3
09-16-2008, 11:43 PM
How bout a tool that allows you to see a complete list of cheats as you type
Like when going into a giveitem cheat
when you type giveitem a list drops down and allows you to see all the items available(and include the override)it would ofcourse have to display the item tag like g_w_lghtsbr06

And of course it would be usable ingame
 whatthehell
09-22-2008, 6:50 PM
i got a crazy idea. if anyone has played halo 3 and played forge you will know just what im talkin about.

an in map editor that allows you to place what you want where you want and to change textures on the fly. i know this would take alot of time.

the editor doesnt have to be in game. i was thinking it could render the map and all the stuff currently in it and it would automaticlly do everything that is needed to be placed in game. this would bring the most inexperienced modders out and help everyone show off there creations
 Canderis
09-29-2008, 6:10 PM
Yes! thats cinda like what i want worded better. Battle Front and EAW have map editors like that so one for kotor would be ausome
 TriggerGod
09-29-2008, 6:31 PM
If there were maps like Halo Multiplayer Maps, then, it might work. But its not, considering you can go to and from, things change in each module...
 Canderis
10-15-2008, 4:23 PM
Could anyone make a .skp(google sketchup)->mdl/mdx converter. If it is possible this would make module making really easy.
 HdVaderII
10-25-2008, 4:45 PM
Could anybody make a basic tool for extracting things from the Kotor 1 Bifs? The reason for this is that Kotor Tool can't run on my computer.
Thanks to anyone who tries or even thinks about making this. Also, if there are any floating out there on the web, could someone provide a link.
--HdVaderII
 DarthParametric
10-25-2008, 5:39 PM
Could anyone make a .skp(google sketchup)->mdl/mdx converter. If it is possible this would make module making really easy.If you can get Sketchup to export the file as an OBJ you can import it into GMax.

There's an OBJ export plugin for the free version of Sketchup - http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/2007/01/wavefront-obj-exporter.html)

There are a number of OBJ import/export scripts for GMax, but the only one I've had success with is Chris Cookson's Wavefront OBJ/MTL Import Utility for GMax v1.1. You can get it here (along with an OBJ exporter) - http://www.the3rdage.net/item-348?addview)
 tk102
10-25-2008, 9:05 PM
Could anybody make a basic tool for extracting things from the Kotor 1 Bifs? The reason for this is that Kotor Tool can't run on my computer.
Thanks to anyone who tries or even thinks about making this. Also, if there are any floating out there on the web, could someone provide a link.
--HdVaderII

FindRefs may able to help you there.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2330/img2uz0.gif)
 HdVaderII
10-26-2008, 9:10 AM
Thanks TK! I'm going to try it out now!
 ghamkingy
12-03-2008, 3:42 PM
Hello ALL, right hear is my Q, for mods

useing what ever tools,

1.change sats for e.g sith troppers
2.give them more kit, e.g better guns, sheilds
and about a ten more thinks i could do,

ive got as far as useing the kotor tool, editing the sith tropper, but cant work out how to put it back in the templates.bif, so it overwriths the old (and i must say weak one)

any help, or links would be VERY VERY helpful
 TriggerGod
12-03-2008, 8:43 PM
Hello ALL, right hear is my Q, for mods

useing what ever tools,

1.change sats for e.g sith troppers
2.give them more kit, e.g better guns, sheilds
and about a ten more thinks i could do,

ive got as far as useing the kotor tool, editing the sith tropper, but cant work out how to put it back in the templates.bif, so it overwriths the old (and i must say weak one)

any help, or links would be VERY VERY helpful

All you have to do is save the file in your override folder that same that it was called. so if it was called 'blahblah.blah', you'd save it in your override called 'blahblah.blah' (without the quotes around them)
 HK-42
01-05-2009, 9:38 PM
Could someone make a tool(or a edit of kTool if its not released since youd need permission) that you can apply a certain voiceover alien type to a dialog so it would apply random common voiceovers of that species. It would save time of finding the files names then editing the dialog typing the names.
 ZimmMaster
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Is it possible to get a .dlg file merger? There are several .dlg files I want to combine to resolve compatablility issues with a few mods for example the USM with some restoration mods. Can anyone help?
 Canderis
05-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I would like to request a version of K-GFF editor that allows copying and pasting
 Miltiades
05-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I would like to request a version of K-GFF editor that allows copying and pasting I think you can copy and past using the "Ctrl + C" and "Ctrl + V" combinations.
 Canderis
05-24-2009, 1:21 PM
I think you can copy and past using the "Ctrl + C" and "Ctrl + V" combinations.

Yep, silly me.
 Yatsookey
06-08-2009, 7:42 PM
hey guys, i was playing gmod and started to wonder, is it possible to create a sandbox npc placement/ object placement program for kotor? i figured then that whoever did that would bring kotor modding to the next level and make sooo many things so much easier for we who create large scale expansions. any ideas?
 VarsityPuppet
06-08-2009, 8:35 PM
I'm sorry if this is a stupid request, but I know there is a tpc2tga converter... is there anywhere to make a tga to tpc converter? The reason I ask is because as an xbox modder, I can only run so many override textures at a time, so I figured that if I could add them permanently to an erf or replace them in the .bif as a tpc, I wouldn't have to worry about freezing issues as much.
 Demongo
06-09-2009, 8:13 AM
Can someone make Whereami armband for K1? I have some problems with cheats and I don't know what can be the problem. Or if D333's whereami armband works for K1, please tell me.
 Canderis
07-01-2009, 2:47 PM
Could someone make a mass hex editor that has a replacer tool to replace all references of a selected set of text in a lot of files? Or point me to one.
 Gatherum
09-28-2009, 4:26 AM
Is it possible to get a .dlg file merger? There are several .dlg files I want to combine to resolve compatablility issues with a few mods for example the USM with some restoration mods. Can anyone help?

Seconding this. Of course, it has been said that TSLPatcher can do this, but I'm looking for something more similar to the Convert2da and JRLMerger apps, except with .dlg and .ncs files as well.

Failing that, I wouldn't mind someone giving me a rundown on how to use TSLPatcher to do this.

Many thanks. ^^
 ZimmMaster
09-28-2009, 7:22 AM
Seconding this. Of course, it has been said that TSLPatcher can do this, but I'm looking for something more similar to the Convert2da and JRLMerger apps, except with .dlg and .ncs files as well.

Failing that, I wouldn't mind someone giving me a rundown on how to use TSLPatcher to do this.

Many thanks. ^^

There was a Readme in the form of a pdf in the folder that came with the patcher.
 jonathan7
09-28-2009, 3:54 PM
I'm affraid there will never be a utility which can combine custom user written scripts, due to the complexities involved as such the only way to combine scripts is manually...
 ZimmMaster
09-28-2009, 4:19 PM
I'm affraid there will never be a utility which can combine custom user written scripts, due to the complexities involved as such the only way to combine scripts is manually...

stoffe, if she can find the time, can do it. She made many of the usefull utilities we modders use alot.
 RedHawke
09-29-2009, 2:10 AM
stoffe, if she can find the time, can do it.
You really haven't a clue about what you are speaking, sorry mate but what Jon said was spot on... if you had any, and I mean any programming classes you would quickly understand why this is so.

There isn't going to be any 'easy button' for this, you all just have to roll your sleeves up and learn it yourselves.

She made many of the usefull utilities we modders use alot.
Yes this is true... but does not change the facts here.

Also another tidbit about your post Zimm is that to volunteer someone like this is considered rude, if they have an interest in doing so they will volunteer themselves.
 ZimmMaster
09-29-2009, 7:41 AM
You really haven't a clue about what you are speaking, sorry mate but what Jon said was spot on... if you had any, and I mean any programming classes you would quickly understand why this is so.

There isn't going to be any 'easy button' for this, you all just have to roll your sleeves up and learn it yourselves.

Yes this is true... but does not change the facts here.

Also another tidbit about your post Zimm is that to volunteer someone like this is considered rude, if they have an interest in doing so they will volunteer themselves.

My bad. Sorry.
 Weiser_Cain
11-10-2009, 8:46 PM
Anyone have a tool that'll convert .max to anything else?
 TriggerGod
11-10-2009, 8:50 PM
Anyone have a tool that'll convert .max to anything else?

if you have 3ds Max, you can export it into a variety of different files. Otherwise, not that I know of.
 Darth Elessar
12-01-2010, 4:56 PM
Here's a set of ideas: A 2da editor, script editor & gff editor for iPhone/iTouch users whose devices are jailbroken. (which is legal now)
 Dark_Ansem
05-24-2011, 6:56 PM
a tool that allows easy making and implementation of brand new soundsets (voices like in NWN).
 Ferc Kast
05-24-2011, 7:31 PM
a tool that allows easy making and implementation of brand new soundsets (voices like in NWN).

SSF Edit (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151856) by stofee does that; And, it can be downloaded here (http://starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de). :)
 blacky7
06-20-2011, 5:11 PM
Hello to everyone, i'm a new here, and i need help, i don't know where to post this... If this doesn't belog here move it where it should be...

I need help with preppie, i can't use cheats on swkotor2 because i am running windows 7 and cheats doesn't work... I tried preppie but i don't know how to use, and picture with instructions is no longer available...

So if someone can please help me with preppie or explain another way of cheating in swkotor2 i would be very grateful :)
 iamyourdad
07-20-2011, 2:30 PM
Dlg file merger for tsl that allows you to merge dlg files
 Fair Strides 2
01-01-2013, 1:17 PM
I was wondering if someone could make a Kotor 1-compatible version of the DeNCS modding tool. I know that it'll "work" with some K1 scripts, but it'll mostly turn out byte code. If anyone makes this, could they PM me a link? Thank you!
Page: 2 of 2