Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can you drive capital ships?

Page: 1 of 1
 Blackrider27
09-12-2005, 8:04 PM
does anybody know if you can drive capital ships like a rebel blockade runner or the invisibil hand. i think it would be cool to land in the hanger in the blockade runner then man the turrents or drive it with small laser cannons on the front :twogun: :blast5:
 DarthMuffin
09-12-2005, 8:08 PM
You can't drive capital ships.

And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they don't even move.

I think that you can man the turrets though.
 Blackrider27
09-13-2005, 3:49 PM
i think they move. You know what would be cool if the battle on the blockade runner was just a coincidence and there taking screenshots from the battle of endor from inside the bockade runner
 MachineCult
09-13-2005, 4:56 PM
They don't move man. They're solid brush. You can man the turbolasers and walk around inside the capital ships. The Tantive IV is not a capital ship though, and there wouldn't be any way of getting into a blockade runner from outer space.
 ParanoidAndroid
09-13-2005, 5:37 PM
They might have pre determined flight paths on certain maps, I think I read somewhere that they do... but even if they do move theres no way that you can control them.
 DarthMuffin
09-13-2005, 5:56 PM
You can man the turbolasers and walk around inside the capital ships.

Is this official? I mean, is it available in multiplay and instant battles? Not just in the campaign?

They might have pre determined flight paths on certain maps, I think I read somewhere that they do... but even if they do move theres no way that you can control them.

The official trailer shows moving capital ships. However, that's most likely a cinematic.

And I think the people at LA/Pandemic are too lazy to add pre-defined paths. Anyway, I -think- I read somewhere that they definitely don't move.
 MachineCult
09-13-2005, 6:30 PM
Is this official? I mean, is it available in multiplay and instant battles? Not just in the campaign?

I've seen more than one stage demo for the game and i can tell you that there are a lot more than just a hangar on the capital ships, (i've seen a Mon Calamari ship with a hangar on both sides) for all kinds of play.

And I think the people at LA/Pandemic are too lazy to add pre-defined paths. Anyway, I -think- I read somewhere that they definitely don't move.

From the Demos i can tell you for sure that the large capital ships do not move.
Neither do Blockade Runners or the small Imperial Cruisers.
 zerted
09-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Simple physics: Force = Mass x Acceleration, where Force != :lightning. If they don't move, well make'm move :vsd: :whip1:.

...well maybe not, but that won't stop us from trying.
 McCusto
09-13-2005, 11:25 PM
What they said
 HordaK
09-15-2005, 4:26 AM
Well u cant control the capitals, but i enjoy the Feature ,that u can watch the battles from the bridge window, more than the Mass Teamkill count by running over any Tie Fighter with a Stardestroyer cause the Ties are just not been seen by myself
 Redtech
09-15-2005, 7:40 AM
Yeah, very food point actually. Heck, n00b piloting is bad enough already!
 Sithkiller438
03-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Can you blow up capital ships and if so how?
 Darth Andrew
03-31-2006, 11:45 PM
You can only destroy a capital ship's systems, and not the ship itself. :(
 TSR
04-03-2006, 4:47 AM
maybe a mod could change that....
 zerted
04-03-2006, 8:28 PM
a mod can change that.
 TSR
04-04-2006, 5:17 AM
:).