Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Exclusive!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-11-2005, 1:40 PM
Battlefront 2 presentations

http://xboxzone.com.au/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=269)

http://xboxzone.com.au/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=271)

You will have to register, but just make a fake one...use you swbattlefront.net profile or the one that you are currently on.
It really cool!
 DarthMuffin
09-11-2005, 1:44 PM
Looking at the first one now.

From what I can tell, it's worth it enough to go through the registration process.
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-11-2005, 1:48 PM
Yes it is...but only for the first one
 DarthMuffin
09-11-2005, 2:04 PM
Some quick facts/opinions :

- "Real objectives" this time in the campaign. Certainly an improvment.
- Looks like there's a lot of maps (Hoth is in).
- Unless I missed something, the hangers in capital ships look quite small....
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-11-2005, 3:00 PM
No more Rhen Var...
 TK-8252
09-11-2005, 3:59 PM
Oh come on... you HAVE to register? That's lame.

Can't someone just post it here?
 master_skywalke
09-11-2005, 4:23 PM
Cool videos!(I also posted them a few days ago)
 MachineCult
09-11-2005, 4:51 PM
Totally worth registering those videos are amazing.
Looks like somehow the Rebels space transport is a Republic Gunship, or i guess a Rebel Gunship.
 ParanoidAndroid
09-11-2005, 5:19 PM
Well remember this is only a demo version, there is still hope that the rebels will get there own transport and not some cheap knockoff of the Rebublic gunship. I also thought that the interior of the ships could have used some interior between the main rooms, some corridors to fight in, maybe some some extra rooms, oh well probably to late to add it now...

Other then that the space battles looked cool, I just hope that they are bigger, the one on the video was way to small, even considering it had only 1 capital ship per side.

And capital ships cannot be destroyed... oh well I suppose an explosion that big would have caused lots of lag anyway.
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-12-2005, 5:50 PM
The first one is pretty cool!
 Igor_Cavkov
09-12-2005, 6:50 PM
man it looks awesome! :D
 zerted
09-12-2005, 8:10 PM
Oh come on... you HAVE to register? That's lame...
www.bugmenot.com)
 TK-8252
09-12-2005, 8:13 PM
www.bugmenot.com)

Ah, thanks anyway, but I already gave in and registered. One of those videos is total crap, just a dummy repeatedly crashing his TIE Fighters, but the other one is nice.
 DarthMuffin
09-12-2005, 8:14 PM
Well remember this is only a demo version, there is still hope that the rebels will get there own transport and not some cheap knockoff of the Rebublic gunship. I also thought that the interior of the ships could have used some interior between the main rooms, some corridors to fight in, maybe some some extra rooms, oh well probably to late to add it now...

I'll be extremely disappointed if there's nothing else than hangars.

And I remember reading in an interview (gamespot IIRC) that we could take the fight inside a capital ship and capture it.

Other then that the space battles looked cool, I just hope that they are bigger, the one on the video was way to small, even considering it had only 1 capital ship per side.

From some of the unofficial gameplay videos that were posted at filefront, I think the Coruscant battle will be a lot larger than that one. At least I hope their idea of "large" doesn't mean 2 cap ships, because that would be plain stupid.
 zerted
09-13-2005, 1:18 AM
Well remember this is only a demo version...
Did I miss something? Was the SWBF2 demo released?
 ParanoidAndroid
09-13-2005, 6:09 AM
No, it hasn't been released to my knowledge, I was talking about the version they were playing in the two movies. Is that the final version? I guess I was under the impression that it was a demo...
 DarthMuffin
09-13-2005, 11:42 AM
No, it hasn't been released to my knowledge, I was talking about the version they were playing in the two movies. Is that the final version? I guess I was under the impression that it was a demo...

The game did look rather complete.

I guess it's more like one of the final beta versions.
 THE BADGER:
09-13-2005, 1:43 PM
Did I miss something? Was the SWBF2 demo released?
No, not yet. BUt the next issue of OPM will have the demo included. I should get mine in a couple of weeks in the mail.
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-13-2005, 1:54 PM
Waht month will the demo be released in?
 Darth Arrow
09-13-2005, 11:11 PM
October
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-15-2005, 1:39 PM
Okay...
 Micahc
09-15-2005, 3:02 PM
Chancesare with the space battles is that they will have different sizes. Since they're having like 2-3 space maps per era things like the Courascant (4-5 capital ships )Space battle will be the biggest for the clone wars while say the Felucia will have the smallest (1-2 ships) :vsd:
 ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2005, 3:14 PM
I'm more worried about the number of starfighters in each map, I mean in the one video space seemed pretty deserted, even considering it was a pretty small space battle. There were only like, around four star fighters per side. I was hoping for somthing a bit bigger I guess...
 MachineCult
09-15-2005, 4:00 PM
I don't think you should worry about it, on the video with the n00b flying a TIE interceptor he got shot down loads. I'm sure i noticed a Rebel ship taking off, and then another spawning in it's place a few seconds later...
Remember even Bespin Platforms has loads of ships in the air.
 Micahc
09-15-2005, 5:49 PM
I don't think you should worry about it, on the video with the n00b flying a TIE interceptor he got shot down loads. I'm sure i noticed a Rebel ship taking off, and then another spawning in it's place a few seconds later...

Yeah but that level had less then half the flight space :smash:
 DarthMuffin
09-15-2005, 6:04 PM

From what I can see, each capital ship has two hangar bays; which effectively doubles the number of starfighters.

Also, since there are only one type of ship per hangar (one T/F, one T/B, one T/I, one shuttle), I *guess* they should respawn quite fast. It would be quite lame to have a space battles with as many shuttles as TIE Fighters (but then, they could use different spawning times... but I doubt it).
 ParanoidAndroid
09-15-2005, 6:10 PM
Having the ships respawn soon after one lifts off is interesting. I guess so there will always be a starfighter ready for a player when he needs one. Although this way there is no way to balance the number of fighters of each type players use, unless they add diffrent respawn rates. Or maybe shuttles just stop spawning after a certain number of them are active in space.
 DarthMuffin
09-15-2005, 6:13 PM
Having the ships respawn soon after one lifts off is interesting. I guess so there will always be a starfighter ready for a player when he needs one. Although this way there is no way to balance the number of fighters of each type players use, unless they add diffrent respawn rates. Or maybe shuttles just stop spawning after a certain number of them are active in space.

I'm pretty sure there is some sorts of global vehicle cap no matter how fast the fighters normally spawn.
 zerted
09-15-2005, 7:02 PM
I hope there is a vehicle cap. If all 32 players grapped a fighter, the game would run pretty slow.
 McCusto
09-15-2005, 8:18 PM
You. . .. .you can change. . .. .the amount of kills it takes. . .to be a hero!?

... .. . . .*faints**has a heart attack* sweet. . . .
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-15-2005, 9:02 PM
You. . .. .you can change. . .. .the amount of kills it takes. . .to be a hero!?

Yes...cool,eh!
 Micahc
09-16-2005, 1:50 PM

I'm just happy you can turn them off. Though I'm still going to have to play as every single one just to say I did.
 HordaK
09-16-2005, 4:05 PM
well and if u are on the CIS Side and theres no Ships at Hangar, just jump out there without a fighter, spread ur arms, wave like hell and fly to the enemy ship ^^

logically a Droid wont die in outer Space cause he doesnt need air...But we all know how much LA counts on Logic since a Deka can drown in the water while rolling :-P
 zerted
09-16-2005, 6:58 PM
...just jump out there without a fighter, spread ur arms, wave like hell and fly to the enemy ship ^^

logically a Droid wont die in outer Space cause he doesnt need air...But we all know how much LA counts on Logic since a Deka can drown in the water while rolling :-P
"Wave[ing] like hell" won't get you going very fast. You need some push, such as firing in the direction oppsite you want to travel. It would suck if you were doing this and died in the middle of the map. The killing shot would push you a little. You would drift. A unit doesn't respond until it stops moveing, thus you would have to slowly drift off the map (which is hopeful big because its a space battle).

The Deka can't drown. Saltwater gets into its system and destroys it. This doesn't happen to the other CIS units because their heads (where the main processing units are) are not in the water. Only their legs, which don't have any important processors in them. ...well, its a better reason then drowning.
 HordaK
09-17-2005, 3:24 AM
ok let me think...the CIS is able to create Walking Tanks, Huge Spagecrafts, Armies of Droids which can operate with other Droids/Vehicles, but they are not able to create a waterproofed Destroyer Droid?

Sorta comparable with LA, they make money like hell with Startwars, but at programming Games they are not able to take care of their selfmade Details in the movies. like the coloration of some units, etc.

P.S.: If its not the CIS that creates the whole stuff, im sorry but i hope u know what i mean with that
 zerted
09-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Why the Destroyer Droid is not waterproof according to Zerted:

CIS Destroyer Droid Engineering Team Development Meeting:
Engineer 1: "We should add waterproofing to the new droid"
Engineer 2: "Why?, they aren't going to go swimming. They have no arms of legs or fins."
Engineer 1: "True, but what if it rains and the droid gets wet?"
Engineer 2: "Well, its head won't be completely covered in water if its rainning, and if it is rainning really hard, they can just turn on their energy shield."
Engineer 1: "Ok, take waterproofing off..."

The above is just a possible reason though up by Zerted.

Real reason: all units drown when their head is under water. When rolling, the Deka's head is always under water so it dies. The game would not be balanced if the droids could stay under water and the clones could not.
 Micahc
09-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Here's the reason Destroyers dorwn when they die: The dev's where to lazy to fix the problem (or to rushed, but they still didn't fix it :smash: )
 zerted
09-17-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't seee it as a problem, only as a game balancing issue. The Destroyers can make it if they walk, can't they? I'm not sure I've never tried.
 Micahc
09-17-2005, 10:43 PM
I don't seee it as a problem, only as a game balancing issue. The Destroyers can make it if they walk, can't they?

If I remember right they can't; I've tried
 ScoutTrooper95
09-17-2005, 11:15 PM
They can (if you really want to waste your time).
 HordaK
09-18-2005, 3:26 AM
1. The Dekas Head is not always under water while rolling, only for a very short period of time cause of their rolling speed, so its like under,over,under,over...

2. "If it rains hard they could use their personal shield" and what do the other droids do, like the Pilot Droid or the SBD? do they have an integrated "Arm-Umbrella" for rainy days?

3. Of course u can walk with the deka through the water but if the island is ur only Spawnpoint left (on Kashyyk Docks) Droideka players are doomed to play anything else cause if they would walk the whole way they will reach the beach when the battle is over already
 Darth Arrow
09-18-2005, 5:57 AM
Well we haven't seen any droids in the rain! so we don't know what would happen, maybe the pilot droids would drown ?

you never know!
 MachineCult
09-18-2005, 7:43 AM
They made the droids die when they go underwater because it gives them an unfair amount of cover. I couldn't imagine a Droideka exploding in the rain in one of the movies.
 Darth Arrow
09-19-2005, 4:39 AM
Lol me either but anything is possible in the Star Wars galaxies ;)
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-20-2005, 1:55 PM
The first video is the best video....the only good video....
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-23-2005, 11:48 PM
At gamespot they have no stuff updated today....http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/starwarsbattlefront2/index.html...if) this doesn't work try gametrailers.com
Page: 1 of 1