Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How about a Modding Tools forum?

Page: 1 of 1
 tk102
09-09-2005, 5:54 PM
The Taris Upper City Emporium is a great idea for a forum, especially considering the the recent changes to pcgamemods.com. It also makes Holowan Laboratories seem more like a general work-in-progress or modding classroom type of forum (and makes the forum name more pertinent). But now that we've delineated between Released Mods and General Modding Discussion, what about Released Modding Tools. If I was visiting these forums for the first time and saw one place for finished mods and another place for discussion, I'd wonder "Where do I find the modding tools?" or better yet "Where do I find the most recent release of modding tools?"

I'd suggest the addition of another forum in the Editing section for Modding Tools updates and releases. Sure there aren't many developers out there, but I'd argue the latest versions of the tools should be easy to find for the community and a forum would the be the best way to display them publicly. :)
 Darth333
09-09-2005, 10:26 PM
That's an idea: we will look at it :)
 Fred Tetra
09-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I agree. It's a category that can stand on its own, and would make it easier for folks to track down what they're looking for.

The Kotor Tool thread, for example, often contains an mixture of tool suggestions, questions, and more. This makes it hard to keep a clear line of thought, much less find what you're looking for. I think the same applies here.

(Now that I think of, perhaps I should start my own Kotor Tool forum somplace, just to make *that* easier, heh heh!)
 Darth333
09-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Well any suggestions on the structure and form of an eventual tools forum are welcomed. If this is to be done, my main idea would be to add a forum somilar to the Taris Upper City Emporium. We also have the ability to create subforums for different authors however I wouldn't want to make navigation too heavy.
 TheOssusKeeper
09-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Quick question: what happen to the tools thread that tk started in HL? just wondering... i haven't seen it for a while and had a tool idea...
 tk102
09-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Once the new forum is up, you can start a new one, TOK.
 TheOssusKeeper
09-12-2005, 12:05 PM
cool, is there a forcast to when it might be up and running?
 tk102
09-15-2005, 2:42 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=646)
It's up! :D Thank you to all involved with this!
 ChAiNz.2da
09-15-2005, 2:56 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=646)
It's up! :D Thank you to all involved with this!

Thank You tk102 for being one of the reason why we can actually have these threads!
No Tools = No modding happiness and joy for us all ;) hehehe...

Tool-Makers such as yourself have my (and I'm sure all of the others') deepest respect and gratitude :worship:
 TheOssusKeeper
09-16-2005, 5:34 AM
Thank You tk102 for being one of the reason why we can actually have these threads!
No Tools = No modding happiness and joy for us all ;) hehehe...

Tool-Makers such as yourself have my (and I'm sure all of the others') deepest respect and gratitude :worship:

@Chainz. I agree 100%, without these tools we would live in a dark world of gaming :D not be able to mod would be un-thinkable...

@tk102 and other tool-makers. Thanks a million for the time and effort you put into making these tools and making our (the modders) life a little easier and making modding more enjoyable.
Page: 1 of 1