Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Demo?!?!!

Page: 1 of 1
 LaughingCheese
09-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Does anyone have any information on whether there will be a demo or not??

'Cause they had "demo coming soon" in the downloads section on the website for the first battlefront, and then they took it off AFTER it came out!! Really, that was a ROTTEN move by Lucasarts; why are some games demoed and some not??

So if any of you mods happen to work at Lucasarts too, please pass along this info to them. Does office politics (schedule, production costs, etc.,) really play that big a roll in game developing? Either make a great game, or don't make it!

~I don't mean to rant, I just wish there was some dialogue between the companies and the fans...good grief.
 Darth Arrow
09-05-2005, 5:51 AM
Iv been searching for a demo aswell but i have come short in my search..

The only info i have is that the demo will be released with the star wars ep III dvd which when played on X Box, the demo can be played and its a two map campagin or something like that..

Ep III is supposed to be released at the sametime as SWB2 so i suggest the demo is gonna be released on PC after full game again because the producers might want to continue the sat wars 'secrecy'
 LaughingCheese
09-05-2005, 5:11 PM
EXACTLY; they said the same thing with the first battlefront: that they would have a demo, but only with the release of the star wars classic trilogy dvds. I'm ganna by all those dvd's (I don't knwo off hand if you could by them separately or not; I don't think you could.) for a single demo, for a game that overall WASN'T THAT GOOD?? Multiplayer never worked on my computer and the prebattle bonus selection thing was wierd at best. Never figured that out. (Although I didin't bother to read the manual section on that, so thats my fault.. :P.)

So yeah, they better improve multiplayer and have a demo that I DON'T HAVE TO BUY.

Good grief, they're already getting enough money form SW:Galaxies, can't they afford to give us a demo??
 THE BADGER:
09-07-2005, 2:10 PM
In my new issue of OPM (#97, OCT. 05), Official Playstation Magazine, they said there would be a demo in the next issue. Which is the November, comes out in October, issue. They also list in my issue all the Heros/Jedi that will be in the game, what map they will be seen in, and what special abilities they will have. Great article!
 Pho3nix
09-09-2005, 6:00 PM
I'm pretty sure there won't be a demo. =/
 shukrallah
09-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, after last time, I don't think there will be a demo.

No demo = No sale.
 Leviathan
09-10-2005, 12:18 PM
I think many users here do not need to try SWBF II demo to buy the whole game... Screenies or movies suffice... :D
 THE BADGER:
09-13-2005, 1:48 PM
I'm pretty sure there won't be a demo. =/
Yeah, after last time, I don't think there will be a demo.
Did you guys not read what I posted. It is right there in the mag. Playable demos in next issue:
Soul Calibur III
Star Wars Battlefront II
Sly 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
and about 6 more. You get the point. If you play PS2, you will be able to get the demo next month, or earlier if ya subscribe like me.
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-13-2005, 1:56 PM
What month will the magazine with the playably demo for SWB2 be realeased in?
 Darth Arrow
09-13-2005, 11:12 PM
october once again
 McCusto
09-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Did you guys not read what I posted. It is right there in the mag. Playable demos in next issue:
Soul Calibur III
Star Wars Battlefront II
Sly 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
and about 6 more. You get the point. If you play PS2, you will be able to get the demo next month, or earlier if ya subscribe like me.

Noooooooo! Why did I have to give up my PS2 for an Xbox!. . .

Oh well, I am sure it isn't just for BFII demo for PS2 next month. I am sure it is all around! So I will keep an eye out in the x-box magazines
 T10
09-14-2005, 5:37 PM
Lucasarts will probably do the same again. PS2 will get a demo in a magazine, Xbox will get it on the latest DVD set and PC users are told to bend over and take it. For some reason, Lucasarts doesn't like giving PC users a taste of TPS.
 THE BADGER:
09-15-2005, 3:57 PM
What month will the magazine with the playably demo for SWB2 be realeased in?

What I posted ealier:

In my new issue of OPM (#97, OCT. 05), Official Playstation Magazine, they said there would be a demo in the next issue. Which is the November, comes out in October, issue. They also list in my issue all the Heros/Jedi that will be in the game, what map they will be seen in, and what special abilities they will have. Great article!

There ya go.
 shukrallah
09-15-2005, 4:19 PM
Soul Calibur III
Star Wars Battlefront II
Sly 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Did you read what I posted?

Well, considering I was talking about the PC DEMO! Note I said "Yeah, after LAST TIME, I don't think there will be a demo." The only LAST TIME problem was that there was NO PC DEMO.
 Alegis
09-15-2005, 4:26 PM
Lucasarts will probably do the same again. PS2 will get a demo in a magazine, Xbox will get it on the latest DVD set and PC users are told to bend over and take it. For some reason, Lucasarts doesn't like giving PC users a taste of TPS.

I'm afraid so.
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-15-2005, 4:52 PM
There will bve demos for PS2 and XBOX...the level is Utapau.
 McCusto
09-16-2005, 5:47 PM
**** really? Where did you hear this? And is the X-Box demo coming ONLY in the Episode III DVD?
 Darth Arrow
09-16-2005, 8:34 PM
It was confirmed by OPM that they are releasing BF2 demo for PS2 in their october issue, and X Box get it on Ep III DVD from what i gather
 McCusto
09-16-2005, 9:00 PM
That is so ******* gay.
 Rebel_Trooper
09-17-2005, 4:53 AM
No, there is an Xbox demo out now apparently, some people have it and screenies to prove it, with the Nov OXM.
 Darth Arrow
09-17-2005, 6:44 AM
Why would the Nov. Issue be already distrubuted half way through september... If it is true..
 zerted
09-17-2005, 10:16 PM
The Beta is out, but you have to pay.
 McCusto
09-17-2005, 11:35 PM
You pay for the Fileplanet subscription, not the demo itself. Right?
 Darth Arrow
09-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Correct
 McCusto
09-18-2005, 12:13 AM
WooT

Then tomorrow, I shall have Battlefront 2! Muhuhaha!
 Darth Arrow
09-18-2005, 12:18 AM
With that account u can also download what ever else they have on their site
 McCusto
09-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah. . . But most importantly:

BATTLEFRONT 2!

:p
 LaughingCheese
09-18-2005, 8:46 PM
Exactly....why is lucasarts so assanine to us PC users??????? They did the same thing with BF1: "Buy the Star Wars DVD set and get a BF1 demo!!"

Ok, Lucasarts: PAYING FOR A DEMO DEFEATS THE POINT OF A DEMO!!

Not to sound ful or anything, just giving Lucasarts a loud wakeup call....if anyone's listening. :(
 HordaK
09-19-2005, 1:56 AM
If u really want em to listen, you have to pay em that they sacrifice THEIR HOLY TIME for any Gamer in the world, if u dont give em money u are useless for em so why should they listen to u then?.....

sorry if i am a bit angry about LA
 anders^on
09-19-2005, 12:24 PM
if u dont give em money u are useless for em so why should they listen to u then?.....
Welcome to the world of game business .. seriously, we can call ourselves lucky,
we're not waiting on an EA game here.
 Alegis
09-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the world of game business .. seriously, we can call ourselves lucky,
we're not waiting on an EA game here.
Ha indeed, patches for bugged EA games are called "expansion packs".
 zerted
09-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Don't pay for the beta. Wait for the game. If LA makes a good amount of money off of this, they will turn all their demos/betas into pey-per download. Soon, other companies will follow. Don't pay. Vote with your wallet. Pre-game releases should be free.
 Kurgan
09-20-2005, 10:46 AM
You pay for the Fileplanet subscription, not the demo itself. Right?

Though I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy if you were to somehow obtain the beta without going through fileplanet to get it!

Then again, you probably get your unique "key" ID through FP as well, so a beta seperate from FP would be useless, at least for online play (it may be online only, it makes sense for them to strip out everything but the online code they're planning to test with people).

And a person who cracked the beta most likely wouldn't be able to send any feedback to LucasArts/Pandemic. The only reason I can see anyone doing this would just so they could mess around with the game before it comes out, without paying.

While participating in a public beta might be fun and I'd love the chance to have someone actually LISTEN to my feedback about a new game, on the other hand I'd rather wait until they have the finished product, rather than be disappointed when this or that thing doesn't get fixed. Plus I don't know if I'd have time to endlessly test it, just to have to endlessly test it again after it came out. I might be bored with the game by then! But that's just my feeling right now. I'm not a subscriber to FP and this isn't something that would make me sign up.

BUT, if that's your bag, go for it. Make us proud. ;)

Honestly, paying for demos is stupid. If they really wanted to make it logical, they'd make paying for the demo or beta a DOWN PAYMENT. That is, you would recieve a coupon for the full game to get the money you already paid deducted.

Why pay $7-14 for the beta, and then 16$-29 for the demo (notice how much LucasArts is charging for the ROTS DVD in their online bundle!) and THEN pay $50 for the game!

It looks like a sneaky attempt to get as much money out of people as possible before the real thing hits store shelves. And people will be assuming that the real deal will be a significant improvement over these early versions. But if it isn't? People will feel ripped off.

This time around when they count sales of the game, they need to count PC and Console totals seperately, and they need to SEPERATE sales of the ROTS DVD from their totals rather than combining them. Also they should not count sales of the beta in their totals. Then and only then can we trust the numbers of sales of SWBF2.
 zerted
09-20-2005, 8:58 PM
^^"...Down Payment..." I would do it for that.
 THE BADGER:
09-21-2005, 12:15 PM
I pay for a magazine subscription that has a demo DVD included in every issue. So I guess I pay for demos. But it saves me from buying a stupid game and wasting $50 on a game that sucks. And at the same time, it allows me to play some awesome games that I would not normally buy. So it works itself out in the end.
Page: 1 of 1