Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The makers of KotOR III really need to read this

Page: 1 of 1
 JediWatchman
08-30-2005, 1:27 PM
You know, there are some absolutely excellent ideas in this forum. If the makers of KotOR III would actually read these ideas, we could have a potentially awesome KotOR III. Some people are saying they want KotOR III to hurry up and come out really soon. Some argue that they need to take their time so it won't be rushed like TSL. My idea is that they're not going to get anywhere if they keep sitting around not even working on it! I mean, come on! If they don't even start working on KotOR III, they're not going to get it finished quickly OR have a good game! Anyways, if they read this forum and discover some of y'all's excellent ideas, they can use these ideas instead of sitting around lazily wondering what they're going to do.
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-30-2005, 2:33 PM
^^^^^^

To convince Lucas Arts to listen to our ideas would be like asking a wolf to spare a lamb: Hopeless and risky, they would just turn their heads away and sue us and our decendents for 200 years.

And to make the developers be interested in our ideas, would be like squeezing water from a stone: Futile and useless.

But although the idea is hopeless, I support it fully. If they could just listen, just listen to our story ideas, that would be enough. I have read the many story ideas we all have and they're better than any I have ever seen.

I support you completely Jedi Watchman.
 Emperor Devon
08-30-2005, 3:48 PM
It's bound to fail, and even an optimist would agree with me. The only thing about fans which matters to LA is their money.
 Mono_Giganto
08-30-2005, 3:55 PM
And to make the developers be interested in our ideas, would be like squeezing water from a stone: Futile and useless.

Not at all, there were several K1 mods that were inserted into the K2 game. But yeah, all they want from us is that money in our pockets. If there isn't any, they probably don't care about you at all.
 nas77
08-30-2005, 5:00 PM
^^^^
Tis true. Though, as soon as we find out who the developer is, you could go over to their forums and bombard them with ideas. See what happens. Just don't be surprised if LA claim the devs thought of it before you did.
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-30-2005, 6:15 PM
^^^^^

:snear: :dozey: Thank you, nas77, you just gave me an idea.
 Emperor Devon
08-30-2005, 7:31 PM
[QUOTE=Mono_Giganto] Not at all, there were several K1 mods that were inserted into the K2 game. [QUOTE]

Really? What were they?
 Mono_Giganto
08-30-2005, 7:33 PM
Force pike, although the model was unique, the original was a svosh/T7 production.

Force Confusion was originally Mind Trick, created by D333. (They have [nearly] the exact same effect.)

Those are the only two I can think of off hand, but I'm pretty sure there are others.
 Soogz
08-30-2005, 8:02 PM
Personally, I think we need to get off of our butts, and raid L.A. Just another one of my hopeless rants.
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-31-2005, 4:30 AM
Signing up at the Bioware and the Obisdian Forums. Incoming ideas. :D
 DarkMe
08-31-2005, 7:09 AM
I have sent a e-mail to Bioware and got a auto-messege back. I asked if they would make KOTOR III. I will have to wait for a responds. But I did get this message first:

"You have reached our automated email response system. Your message
has been forwarded to a biological life-form (human) for processing
and re-distribution to the appropriate BioWare team member.
You can expect a reply shortly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

At this time, BioWare Corp. is not in the business of developing or
publishing outside proposals or submissions for new games or
software products.? As a result, all unsolicited submissions,
proposals or ideas relating to game concepts, story ideas, or other
proposals cannot be accepted and will be destroyed upon receipt."
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-31-2005, 8:20 AM
"At this time, BioWare Corp. is not in the business of developing or
publishing outside proposals or submissions for new games or
software products.? As a result, all unsolicited submissions,
proposals or ideas relating to game concepts, story ideas, or other
proposals cannot be accepted and will be destroyed upon receipt."

Comment:
JERKS!!!

My hope in BioWare is lost, I thought that at least they aren't like that.
 Soogz
08-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey, Darkme. How long has it been since you got a response back?
 Darth333
08-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Write to them as much as you want: nobody is going to tell you whether they are doing Kotor 3 or not. If they do so, they get fired. The only thing you can rely on right now is hope...and rumors.

As for LucasArts policy concerning submissions, it is as follow:
. Submissions.
LucasArts' company policy does not allow it to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those it has specifically requested. Accordingly, we must request that no visitors to this Site, or any venue or web site governed by these Terms of Use, submit or send any original creative materials, including but not limited to submissions of scripts, story lines, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas or concepts. If at our request you send certain specific submissions (e.g., postings to chats, surveys, message boards, contests, or similar items) or, despite our request that you not send us any other creative materials, you send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information (collectively the "Submissions") shall be deemed and shall remain the property of LucasArts in perpetuity. By making any Submission, the sender automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material expressly grants, LucasArts the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute such material (in whole or in part) throughout the universe and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, for the full term of any copyright, trademark or patent that may exist in such material for any purpose that LucasArts chooses, whether internal, public, commercial, or otherwise, without any compensation, credit or notice to the sender whatsoever. The sender waives all so-called "moral rights" in all Submissions. The sender further waives the right to make any claims against LucasArts relating to unsolicited submissions, including, but not limited to, unfair competition, breach of implied contract and/or breach of confidentiality.

But anyways, that doesn't prevent them from browsing our forums. Proof: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=125794) :p (that was before the announcement of K2 )
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-31-2005, 1:15 PM
^^^^^

:whacked:

Property laws sure are strict and hard punishable. That's why money shouldn't exist in the future. :xp:
 DarkMe
08-31-2005, 3:05 PM
Hey, Darkme. How long has it been since you got a response back?

I e-maild them today and got that auto-message 1 sec after. I still have too wait ontill I get a responds for a 'human'.
 nas77
08-31-2005, 6:16 PM
^^^^
Don't hold your breath...
 Soogz
08-31-2005, 6:23 PM
I was going to say that.
 Sabretooth
09-01-2005, 5:18 AM
1. KotOR III is not yet announced and as long as it isn't, I wouldn't criticize LA/BW/Obsidian.
2. Trusting LA to accept our blockbuster ideas is like asking an elephant to sew cloth.

My 2 cents.
 IndianaSolo
09-01-2005, 1:08 PM
I'm actually torn on whether I'd like them to be reading the suggestions on this forum and others like it.

On one hand, there are some decent suggestions that would make the KOTOR series quite well done if implemented. But the thing I'm worried about is if they incorporate the crappy ideas.

There are some suggestions on this forum that I absolutely love. But there are also some suggestions on this forum that I absolutely hate, to the point that if Lucasarts and whomever is developing KOTOR3 implemented them I'd actually not even buy the game.

TSL's faults were the result of "listening to the fans", even though those fans were the minority, Lucasarts listened to them since they were the ones who constantly posted their ideas. Stuff like ridiculously over powered Force powers, levels that go beyond what should have been allowed, the ease of combat, and of course the rushed Christmas release were various suggestions I'd seen posted on various forums and for whatever reason, were the ones Lucasarts thought would fit their vision of the game. As a result, the game was rushed, and the combat and difficulty was laughable at best.

So like I said, I'm torn. Because on one hand they might browse these forums and take into consideration some fantastic ideas. But on the other hand they might take into consideration ideas that I, and those who share similiar opinions, think are complete rubish. In that sense, I'd rather they ignored all these forums and just let the developer do what they're paid to do and what they're good at doing: creating a game that they believe will be the best possible.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-01-2005, 2:35 PM
^^^^
I agree with you.
 DarkMe
09-02-2005, 2:02 AM
I'm actually torn on whether I'd like them to be reading the suggestions on this forum and others like it.
In that sense, I'd rather they ignored all these forums and just let the developer do what they're paid to do and what they're good at doing: creating a game that they believe will be the best possible.

I never look at in that way...
 DarthLinde
09-03-2005, 8:54 PM
^^^^^

:whacked:

Property laws sure are strict and hard punishable. That's why money shouldn't exist in the future. :xp:
without money how will anything get done?
 Ztalker
09-04-2005, 6:02 AM
I have a good idea:

Why not habe a big poll with good ideas?
One for Story, on for NPC's, one for planets, etc.
Then Darth333 (or another respected admin) sends a serious e-mail too the developer (or lucasarts) with our ideas. Since we are under the Lucasforums, the mail has a chance of being red.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-04-2005, 6:40 AM
^^^^^

That is a good idea, but there is one problem:

What if they pick the crappiest idea that popped up here, although I doubt that any ideas that would be posted out here would be crap, some crap is sure to find itself in that e-mail. Besides, chances that they read any e-mail besides their personal and business mails are 5000000000000:1
 DarkMe
09-05-2005, 3:02 AM
Well if we sent a mail to LA or the dev and I say " if "... then we first have to know what people want (people have already post there ideas on this forum) You put everyones idea in a poll or something and the best ideas get sent in the mail.
 Ztalker
09-06-2005, 10:29 AM
That's what i mean!

Since this is Halowan, i think we could have a little voice in the process.
And the best way to do that is a big poll.
If Darth333 or another famous modder sends the e-mail, they might pick it out of the 5000000000000 :)
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-06-2005, 1:15 PM
^^^^

You are aware, though that we are NOT moderators or any respected administrators, modders, game developers, scenarists, novel-writers; and that we are just FANS, they don't want common people (although I truly support the common people have ideas thing), they want experienced people. By the way, if she did that (or someone I don't know) she would be doing us a favor, and we don't want to force any moderator or administrator (especially Darth333) to do that for us. So if they did it, it would be THEIR (or her) decission, not ours. So that is a problem.

But, fear not! Hope is not lost yet, because all we need is experience, creativity, logic and reputation. We can gain all that by programming, modelling, texturing, writing, drawing, and so many things that I would be counting until the 4th October.

We have pcgamemods for mods and the Coruscant Entertainment Centre and The Unofficial KOTOR Fan Media Site for novels and pictures.

So what do you say, people? It's up to you to deciede what to do Ztalker, it's all up to you. :)
 Ztalker
09-09-2005, 7:56 AM
You should be President you know...:nod:

Maybe we could get in touch with one of the crew of K3?
As soon as we know the developer, we might take action...

I'm no modder, but i think the Mods made here are in most cases better then stuff in Kotor itself. I think the most of the modders here can make a better game then Lucasarts themselves. That's no compliment, that's reality.
Few examples: 'The Robe collar fix', the 'Roleplay Padawan Mod', The 'USM', these are all great examples of creativity Lucasarts seams to lack.
 Prime
09-09-2005, 8:45 AM
Lucasarts, or just about any other development house, won't use external suggests for a variety of reasons.
 Ztalker
09-09-2005, 2:12 PM
Whu do most of them claim: 'we listened to the fans'

Sorry, but i personally don't want t K3 to be a f*ck-up like K2.
I like the serie very much....
 Prime
09-09-2005, 2:33 PM
Whu do most of them claim: 'we listened to the fans' They do listen, but not by taking ideas from emails or petitions. Remeber, there are many ways to listen to fans...
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-09-2005, 3:21 PM
And what are those ways? I don't know any other way than community reviews and fan discussions? :confused:
 Ztalker
09-10-2005, 6:25 AM
I'm with Vladimir...

How do they know what we (fans) want in the game?
 pokejedi123
09-12-2005, 7:07 AM
They do listen, but not by taking ideas from emails or petitions. Remeber, there are many ways to listen to fans...
should we send them a hand writed letter or call them ?

damn you lucasarts takne the emails
 FiEND_138
09-12-2005, 8:05 AM
^
I don't really see the point in wasting the time writting or the quarter calling when the only response you'll recieve is what D333 posted earlier concerning submissions.

Famous modder submitted or not....

The most you can hope for is when the dev teams announced hop on their boards & hope their open to suggestions, as nas77 suggested.

[/end joykill/] :devburn:
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-12-2005, 8:10 AM
^^^^

So?:¬: :xp:
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-13-2005, 1:26 AM
The simple solution is to have them browse the forums, while talking to us on the phone, so we can explain which ideas the smart people see as crappy,
the people entrusted with this should only be moderators, high ranking modders, people I recommend and of course, ME, because I AM WISE, and not mention pretty darn good looking, a regular harry of troy:D

Here's the real way to do it, start a new thread, discuss which suggestions are "FEASIBLE" that's a word they will like, then hash out all the small stuff until you are left with a short list, the reason being, if they see a thousand pages of what every fan wants, they won't even bother, it is imperitive to have the hardcore modders involved because they will be more recognizable as authorities on the subject, then actually work out a presentation demonstrating why certain improvements are needed, and others shouldn't be included, then actually have someone rent a suit (whoever lives closest to their headquarters) and actually make an appointment to see the execs, of course to even be considered for that a petition will be required that states that enough fans (walking wallets) believe that this is the direction the series needs to go, and procede to demonstrate how they can be efficently and cost effectively implemented.

I probably missed some stuff there, but that would be a start.
 fresnosmokey02
09-13-2005, 7:38 AM
Actually the best way to do this is to have a couple of their guys browse the forums everyday. I do. It isn't a hardship and takes little time and I get a feel for what's up. What's the big deal? I'd be surprised if they aren't browsing the forums already. Maybe even posting. They sure as heck aren't going to tell you who they are and get slammed with emails and stuff though.
 Ztalker
09-13-2005, 12:24 PM
You might be right....

I recall someone from Obsidian asking for help in the development...could be scam, though....
 jmac7142
09-13-2005, 9:31 PM
Try sitting down in George Lucas' driveway, like a hippie.
 Ztalker
09-15-2005, 8:03 AM
Or storm the Skuwalker Ranch with Burning Torches and Haystackes....:p
Page: 1 of 1