Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Light or Dark

Page: 1 of 3
 DarkMe
08-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Which side do you most like playing
on the 'LightSide of the Force' or on the 'DarkSide of the Force'??

I like playing on the DarkSide of the Force it's really satisfing!!
(like being Evil :naughty: )
 Mira Dona
08-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Always light side.

I tried playing darkside bu just couldn't go through with it. . .
 THE MANDALORE
08-28-2005, 11:03 AM
^^^^

You should have turned this into a poll. It would have been eaisier to keep track of responses.

Anyways, I like playing dark side on my first try and the light side on my second. If you play both sides, then you can experience more of the game.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I usually play through the game as a grey jedi, then at the end choose light. (on my first playthrough)

next playthrough I usually go dark all the way.
 THE MANDALORE
08-28-2005, 11:25 AM
^^^^

The problem with playing as gray jedi is that you can't get any prestige classes.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-28-2005, 11:37 AM
True, but that doesn't mean you can't gain lightside points, gain a prestige class, and then balance yourself out with darkside points ;) that's what I always do when I get to level 15.
 Captain_H
08-28-2005, 11:38 AM
I myself like to play lightside, but I can also go through either game darkside.
 DarthSion101
08-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Always go through as a darksider
 Bastila
08-28-2005, 12:00 PM
LS, i hate being DS when you do do something wrong and then your party members like tell you off, i just can't be bad lol.
 Soogz
08-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I am a lightside guy my self.
 Prime
08-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Usually light side. I may try a dark side game at some point...
 fresnosmokey02
08-28-2005, 1:07 PM
I play all ways...male and female, LS and DS. Then I add mods and do it again. I have played every permutation there is. What's really cool about these games is for each way you play there are more details to discover. I have to say that DS is more fun, but LS is more of a challenge. It's much easier to get experience and alignment points playing DS. Another interesting thing is that these games actually make me feel bad for doing DS things. You can get totally immersed in these games. I tried playing neutral once, but I found it uninteresting and there was no prestige class.
 THE MANDALORE
08-28-2005, 1:27 PM
True, but that doesn't mean you can't gain lightside points, gain a prestige class, and then balance yourself out with darkside points ;) that's what I always do when I get to level 15.

I never thought about that. I'll have to try it out when the next time.
 IndianaSolo
08-28-2005, 1:27 PM
Darkside then Lightside.
 Bob Lion54
08-28-2005, 1:46 PM
Always lightside.

Once in K1, when the guy is getting pushed around by Daviks men, I chose the DS dialogue. Carth actually made me feel bad..............
I wanted to try to play DS, but like Mira Dona and Bastilla, I just couldn't go through with it.

Damn the power of these pixelated people!
 Mira Dona
08-28-2005, 2:21 PM
Usually light side. I may try a dark side game at some point...

No!!!

Don't give into the darkside!!!
 Jeff
08-28-2005, 2:31 PM
I'm usually light side. I did a couple DS games for K1, but I never played DS all the way through for TSL. It seemed more like I was a thug than a Sith Lord. But I have played the ending as DS (just loaded a save and cheated).
 DarkMe
08-28-2005, 3:48 PM
^^^^

You should have turned this into a poll. It would have been eaisier to keep track of responses.

Yah that would have been better sorry...
PS: Darkside is allways fun... You feel so much more POWERFULL!!
 A-Dark-Power
08-28-2005, 4:03 PM
I normally like to test out both to see which I find better. Light side seems to be easier because as in KOTOR II you don't have to kill any Jedi if you are Light side. The Dark side is harder i think, but they have the better force powers! But i'd go with the Light side.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Damn the power of these pixelated people!

This is why I think that KotOR was so amazing.
For every 5 LS playthroughs, I play one DS, sometimes less.

Often, I just tell myself:"I can't do this, I'm not a horrible person. This is just terrible!"

However, sometimes, DS options do make me laugh, like those thugs who committed suicide on NarShaddaa after I used Mind Trick on them :lol:

What?
 Blaze629
08-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Well for the KOTOR series I ALWAYS go dark before light. I just have more fun doing it that way ESPECIALLY in TSL because of the prestige classes. In other series like Jedi Academy though, I felt MUCH more compelled to stay in the light. I guess it just depends on the series or game I'm playing in my case.
 Snafu7
08-29-2005, 12:19 AM
I always start out as lightside, and then try darkside a few times.
 Vibro
08-29-2005, 6:42 AM
I tend to go Dark Side, but I have complete KOTOR I on Light Side.
 jblue789
08-29-2005, 3:17 PM
I started with Dark Side, and loved it, until I realized how bland it was >.> Then I went to Light Side, which was better, but still meh. Neutral all the way :D
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-29-2005, 4:53 PM
Always Light Side. Never Dark Side. Never recieved a dark side point in both games. The evil deeds are really evil and wrong...
 Smilodon
08-29-2005, 5:12 PM
Same for me...

I've beaten half of TSL as DS female but it got boring after a while. I also did DS once in KOTOR near the end to see the alternate ending ^^
 Aristotйlēsticus
08-29-2005, 5:46 PM
i like to play the two, DS and LS, Male and Female...coz after all

"If one is to understand the great mystery of the force, then he must study all its aspects"
 The_Maker
08-29-2005, 6:38 PM
Propaganda! :xp:
I usually do LS first then DS, DS is more fun in the sense that you can do whatever you want but LS is more fun because you have that warm fuzzy feeling inside you saying you did something good :)

I only do DS if I want that uber mega strong evil feeling inside me :darth:
 Emperor Devon
08-30-2005, 12:42 AM
DARK SIDE!!!!!!!

If you think otherwise, I would recommend that you stop taking drugs every day, and go to therapy an hour a day for twenty years.

Face it... You just can't compare to the Dark Side of the Force. Light Side? Come on... :dozey:
 Commas
08-30-2005, 1:50 AM
the first time thru i just make the choices that i would actually make, instead of always looking for the most light/dark points. following this strategy i came out as a Lightsider in Kotor and TSL. Then i'll play a darkside game, so i can see what the other ending is, try the darkside versions of quests, and in TSL try out Hanharr. every other time i play thru after that is lightside
 stingerhs
08-30-2005, 2:59 AM
well, i do lightside first because it tends to somewhat agree with the way i am personally.

then i go full on darkside because i enjoy being evil. :dev7:
 nas77
08-30-2005, 4:27 AM
I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith. It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

I only ever play DS in KOTOR 1 because there you can go LS for most of the game, and then start going DS after you know the truth on the Leviathan and then finally snap on the Rakatan temple roof. It makes sense, and is actually why I like the "one decision decides all" approach to LS / DS in KOTOR 1, as opposed to the more gradual approach in TSL.
 montnoir
08-30-2005, 4:54 AM
I have played both games as light and dark and I have come to the same conclusion for both. The conclusion is the same as nas77, namely:

I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith.
This I agree with. Both games are written with a LS base and then added DS responses to encounters and dialogues (even more apparent in TSL). Playing DS never felt like I was really playing dark. But playing LS indeed felt like a Jedi on a quest.

Then in TSL the DS storyline is even more full of holes than the LS. It doesn't make sense and it gets annoying. The in-game reasoning for going DS is... just... badly written... I could even go so far as saying stupid (but that could probably be just a matter of taste).

It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

This also is very annoying in TSL, because of the influence. At least in K1 there was no influence so the characters always spoke their mind. But in TSL even with full DS INF they will still feel sorry for people you kill and berate you. They do have a DS response in dialogue once or twice but other than that, the INF meter is nothing more than that - a meter.
 Vince Trageton
08-30-2005, 6:50 AM
I normally do a lightside run first, since I think you get to see more of the game, instead of just killign somebody after the second dialogue. Next I do the darkside run.

All in all I prefer the lightside, dunno, I suppose I'm just too nice to do the darkside with satisfaction....
 fresnosmokey02
08-30-2005, 8:51 AM
I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith. It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

Interestingly they have included a way to convert Mira and Disciple to dark jedi if you have enough influence as a darksider. I found this out because I have a mod that grants me influence. I wonder why they did that? You shouldn't be able to convert them at all if playing as a darksider, considering that you lose influence with them when you do DS stuff.
 nas77
08-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Interestingly they have included a way to convert Mira and Disciple to dark jedi if you have enough influence as a darksider. I found this out because I have a mod that grants me influence. I wonder why they did that? You shouldn't be able to convert them at all if playing as a darksider, considering that you lose influence with them when you do DS stuff.
Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.
 jblue789
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.
Ugh, in KOTOR 3 they need to make it so that this:
http://chugworth.scribblekid.org/comic.php?id=171)
won't happen. If I'm making someone evil, I want them to react evilly. If I'm making someone good, I want them to react good...illy... >.>
 fresnosmokey02
08-30-2005, 12:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! That is too funny. What's so sad is that's the way TSL works.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-30-2005, 9:19 PM
If you think otherwise, I would recommend that you stop taking drugs every day, and go to therapy an hour a day for twenty years.

pfff...

*sniffs a line of coke
 Nom_Anor
09-02-2005, 11:53 PM
The Dark side
 DarthCole
09-03-2005, 5:12 AM
My favorite is Dark side...although I don't exactly agree with the way you get there in KOTOR. In the game it is you being an outright A$$...be cruel. The dark side is about greed and arigance
 warchild75
09-03-2005, 2:33 PM
Which side do you most like playing
on the 'LightSide of the Force' or on the 'DarkSide of the Force'??

I like playing on the DarkSide of the Force it's really satisfing!!
(like being Evil :naughty: )

I think from my avatar you can tell its the darkside all the way.I have tried the light side but i get bored and have to destroy things and people. :mauls:
 ExtreamJedi12
09-04-2005, 8:32 AM
I take light over dark any day.(I'll fry my enemies with Force lightning)
 fresnosmokey02
09-04-2005, 11:26 AM
I take light over dark any day.(I'll fry my enemies with Force lightning)

Ummmm, force lightning is a dark side power and to wish to fry your enemies with it is a dark side sentiment. So, are you sure you want to be light side?
 DarkMe
09-05-2005, 3:35 AM
The DarkSide is much more POWERFULL than the light
when you are Dark you have the most and the most
Powerfull Powers!!! Lightning, crush, drain, kill...... and the
list goes on and on.......
(light is nothing)
 dragon2sword
09-05-2005, 7:47 AM
always 100% light :D but sometimes i play the game on the darkside, complete it on the dark side and then complete the game when on lightside. but mostly its the lightside i comeplete first :)
 ExtreamJedi12
09-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Ummmm, force lightning is a dark side power and to wish to fry your enemies with it is a dark side sentiment. So, are you sure you want to be light side?
It doesn't matter. It all depends on how you use them.
 Defy
09-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I am playing through KOTOR 1 for my first time. I am barely light based on the choices I made, since I'm not all the way through the game I'll just say light side up to where I have played.
 SITHSLAYER133
09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
by the way there is lightside power that is used to kill jedi master yaddle was very good at it
 Lord Pickle
09-06-2005, 3:43 AM
I play as both but I think the problem is there isn't enough variety between the two. Sure you get a different ending for DS and LS but the quests are the same or similar. It would be cool if in KOTOR III you only got certain quests if you were DS, the same goes for LS. Also it would be neat to have cretain planets and storylines only open to DS or LS characters. I know TSL had some of that were you could only get Hanharr if you were DS and influence was gained with some only through DS actions, but I would like to see a big difference between being DS and LS. Being an enlightened Jedi in tune with the force is a hell of alot different than being a twisted, corrupt evil bastard.
Page: 1 of 3