Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What would be the beggining of your version of the KOTOR 3 story? [MAJOR SPOILER]

Page: 2 of 2
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 10:58 AM
So you are a Master eh? Well I said that it was a young Pilot who is the key to finding the True Sith because, big surprise, he saw the Exile on Onderon or Dantooine and spent some years finding out about him.
 Revan Skywalker
01-19-2006, 5:06 PM
In mine, if Exile+Revan were darkside, they rule bad guys. If Revan+Exile were light, they are player chars.
 RobQel-Droma
01-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Just a thought after playing the Korriban Tomb- since Kreia says in the one test something about "you have left the parts of your past, and are now facing the future/present", or whatever, and since your fight with Revan is just after that; Do you think that that might hint toward a possible confrontation between Revan and the Exile? Maybe not kill each other, and not really have to do with their alignment, but just a small cutscene fight.
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Ah. Maybe they do meet and Revan has adopted an understanding like Jacen Solo. Revan sees that the way to defeating the True Sith is to see neither light or dark but in the shades of grey. That would mean that revan could utilize what is considered darkside powers. Interesting point there Rob.
 jedijones
01-30-2006, 4:07 AM
I'd like to start with a three year gap - Bastila, Juhani,Jolee,Atton,Mira,Disciple,Handmaiden,Bao Dur and Visas(in blue robes) are on the Jedi council on coruscant with the rebuilt Jedi Order and send a trusted padawan to find the remnants of Revan and exile. You can choose one of the older PC's and switch when you return to coruscant. Mission and Zaalbar are high ranking politicians and Carth is Grand Admiral. You get briefed and set off with an old T3 unit... I'd love to be able to see if they're any good as jedi, so betraying them should be an option.
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 4:12 PM
Well the Handmaiden goes back to the Academy on Telos and becomes the historian and what makes you think Zalbaar and Mission are politicians. With Mission's mouth, she would have more assassination attempts on her life than one could count. As for Zalbaar, he's the strong silent type. You could make him the chieftain of his village. Isn't Grand Admiral something used during the days of the Galactic Empire? As for their abilities, they are all unique depending on the class they are. So a scoundrel could face a Jedi and be stronger, it's just a matter on the type of attack pattern.
 igyman
02-02-2006, 4:23 PM
Those of you who want Revan back as the PC, go to the KoTOR 3 Storyline idea thread and read my version of the KoTOR 3 begining (which I posted a few days ago), if you haven't already done so.
 Diego Varen
02-03-2006, 1:48 AM
Mine is basically the same as Revan Skywalker's, that you start off simply deciding the genders, looks, and alignments of Revan and the Exile. You then choose their names. Revan and the Exile's voices can be the same as KOTOR/TSL and your new character can have one of many voices. Next you pick Revan and the Exile's skills and have as many ForcePowers as you want. You then create your new main character who isn't all too powerful or an ex Sith Lord, just a normal person.

Took from an original thread

The game starts on an abandoned Sith Flagship, you are being questioned on a Sith Flagship by a Hutt Crimelord called Slobba the Hutt. Whether Light or Dark, you say, I'm not interested in questions Hutt (No LS/DS points for this). The Hutt leaves you to rot in your Cell by saying a new Emperor shall rebuild the Star Forge. Luckily your gear has been left in your Cell and you must escape the Ship (Tutorial), fight several enemies and get to the Escape Pods, so you can get to Courscant.

When you land on Courscant, Atton finds you knocked out and takes you to the Jedi Council for questioning. As soon as you meet Masters Atton, Mira, Mical (Disciple), Visas, Juhani, Jolee and Bastila (Handmaiden is starting on the Secret Jedi Academy on Telos along with Bao-Dur). You will then have your first level up, their first Lightsaber and what Force Powers they have. In this I think you should learn neutral Force Powers from Level 2 and they get better as you play through the game. You then choose your Light/Dark Force Powers as usual. You then recieve Jedi Training (Choosing Guardian, Consular or Sentinel) from Bastila (Now a Master). When you recieve your Lightsaber, Atton tells you that you must buy a new ship for 10000 Credits (Because The Exile has took the Ebon Hawk to the Unknown Regions to find Revan and the True Sith leader who has started a cult (True Sith)). Along with Bastila, T3-M4 and HK-47 you find more Party Members, such as a Smuggler, a Sith who rejected the Dark Side (Dustil Onasi if Revan was Light) and many more. As soon as you buy your new Ship, you travel to all the planets from the first/second game and some new ones including Hoth and Naboo.

Some main characters from both games will die in the game (Canderous/Mira).

I also a twisting story, but like Sabretooth, won't show them. Bits of what I think will happen in KOTORIII, might be shown in my Fanfic, Jorran Corral - The Chronicles Of A Jedi.
 jedijones
02-03-2006, 3:54 AM
Well the Handmaiden goes back to the Academy on Telos and becomes the historian and what makes you think Zalbaar and Mission are politicians. With Mission's mouth, she would have more assassination attempts on her life than one could count. As for Zalbaar, he's the strong silent type. You could make him the chieftain of his village. Isn't Grand Admiral something used during the days of the Galactic Empire? As for their abilities, they are all unique depending on the class they are. So a scoundrel could face a Jedi and be stronger, it's just a matter on the type of attack pattern.

Then again - Jar Jar Binks got a place in the galactic senate and he never had an attempt on his life (unless you count alderaan.) And you never know - grand admiral might be a title
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah but Jar Jar wasn't a mouthy brat from the lower city of Taris. He was a comical bull in a china shop that you can't help but love.
 RobQel-Droma
02-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Well the Handmaiden goes back to the Academy on Telos and becomes the historian

Actually I thought that would probably be the Disciple's job. Brianna would be the head of the Telos Academy. At least that is my idea.

BTW, I agree with the thing about "politician Mission" and her big mouth. But then again, she could always have Zaalbar around. :)
 Jaraen
02-04-2006, 8:04 AM
How about this :

At the beginning you chose the appearance of your Adult Avatar not your class or feats.
The tutorial begins and surprise you are only a young Boy/Girl ( maybe 8 years old ) on Dantooine. You are inspecting the Crystal Cave and the force let you find a personal sabercrystal. The Jedi council invites you and after you show them the Crystal they decides to teach you in the ways of the Jedi.
Now you must complete a few quests to archive the rank of a padawan and while you do that you grow up to an adult.
Tutorial is over now and you will be send to a Mission of low risk they though but it shows that the War with the true sith begins.

To be continued :P

( sorry english is not my native language )
 JediMaster12
02-04-2006, 12:16 PM
That's an interesting possibility. It could extend the gameplay which is what what some people want though they were probably thinking in terms of being an adult. Still nice intro now lets add some John Williams music. :)
 innerfears
02-04-2006, 2:41 PM
Aside from Ed Asner I don't see any of those big name actors doing voice acting for a Star Wars game. It couldn't pay too much anyway, though I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Encountering an old Jedi in a cave, deciding to leave the planet... sounds a little too much like the first Star Wars movie.
 innerfears
02-04-2006, 2:45 PM
How about this :

At the beginning you chose the appearance of your Adult Avatar not your class or feats.
The tutorial begins and surprise you are only a young Boy/Girl ( maybe 8 years old ) on Dantooine. You are inspecting the Crystal Cave and the force let you find a personal sabercrystal. The Jedi council invites you and after you show them the Crystal they decides to teach you in the ways of the Jedi.
Now you must complete a few quests to archive the rank of a padawan and while you do that you grow up to an adult.
Tutorial is over now and you will be send to a Mission of low risk they though but it shows that the War with the true sith begins.

To be continued :P

( sorry english is not my native language )

I like this idea a LOT. Starting as a young boy/girl and working your way up, while making crucial LS/DS decisions that will affect your adulthood like that game Fable is a great idea. I can't believe they haven't done it yet.

I'd say you are brought to the Council, they decide to train you, they send you on a seemingly low-risk mission where you end up having to make a life-changing decision and the outcome determines which path you go on. Say for instance, if you choose a DS decision, you're taken away by Sith.. if you choose LS you stay. Or maybe you're taken away regardless, but the answer will decide if you get DS training or if you remain a prisoner and and break free and try to escape... I think this would make more sense if it happened as a young teenager.
 igyman
02-04-2006, 2:59 PM
It's a good idea, but I think it's more of a KoTOR 4 story. Right now we need a conclusion on Revan and the True Sith and, in my opinion, that can only be done properly if Revan returns as the main character.
Some say they don't want Revan as the main character again because they don't want some lame excuse for him losing his powers again, to them I pose a question: Would that excuse really bother you that much, if the rest of KoTOR 3 story is great?
 innerfears
02-04-2006, 5:09 PM
Yeah that's true, but maybe somehow this character could be tied in connection with Revan and the true Sith. But trust me, if they have it where you play as Revan again, I won't be complaining.
 igyman
02-04-2006, 5:50 PM
The idea of another new main character with some tie to Revan popping up out of nowhere sounds pretty lame to me.
Actually the idea of another new main character popping up out of nowhere to finish Revan's story sounds pretty lame to me.
 RedHawke
02-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Some say they don't want Revan as the main character again because they don't want some lame excuse for him losing his powers again, to them I pose a question: Would that excuse really bother you that much, if the rest of KoTOR 3 story is great?
Because it breaks an RPG convention by doing so... We will start with a Level one PC, how can you possibly explain reasonably that Revan or The Exile are level one again? You can't as it is a plot point that has already been used.

Revan's and The Exile's days as our PC are quite over... You cannot play a game starting with a Level 20 character either, this eliminates your ability to customise and buld your character, RPG players can be broken down into groups, I won't go into them here, but suffice it to say by starting at level 20+ you would alienate a full 1/4 to 1/3 of your audience if you do this, right off the bat.

The stories of Revan and The Exile are already told as well, what else is there to learn other than their fates.

We will start with a new level one PC.

New Addendum: No matter what the "excuses" for Revan or The Exile to lose their levels again, all of them are not acceptable as good 'Game of The Year' RPG story points. Revan had this done in KotOR it was the great twist in the game too, the Exile had this done in TSL to a lesser extent, but only for history points, to do this to those exact characters again would lose the game any chance at any possible accolades.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-05-2006, 3:27 AM
Because it breaks an RPG convention by doing so... We will start with a Level one PC, how can you possibly explain reasonably that Revan or The Exile are level one again? You can't as it is a plot point that has already been used.
I am sorry, RedHawke. But I don't think that Obisidian was aiming towards that, no matter how good your arguments are against them doing it. You support Obsidian because it made good game play, right? But you seem to ignore the fact that Obsidian has made its path to break that convention that you mentioned. Obsidian ruined your story, that is what I concluded. When KOTOR 2 was being developed, I knew that there will be a new PC, and I didn't complain since the Sith are defeat and so.

But Obsidian didn't start something after 20 or so years, they started after 5 years, continuing the story from the first. In conclusion, Obsidian will make a good RPG, but it will have to break that one rule (which was broken in several games, I can name them).

The stories of Revan and The Exile are already told as well, what else is there to learn other than their fates.
Their futures.

No matter what the "excuses" for Revan or The Exile to lose their levels again, all of them are not acceptable as good 'Game of The Year' RPG story points.
Like I said before: Obsidian digged its own den, they have to crawl out in any way possible.
 RedHawke
02-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm sorry Vlad but your post is utter gibberish... It has nothig to do with what I said.

Obsidian ruined your story, that is what I concluded.
Huh? Nothing I said comes to this conclusion... I'm sorry but you are simply incorrect... once again about a great many things.

Also peoples Fates and peoples Futures are the same thing.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-06-2006, 4:27 AM
you are simply incorrect... once again about a great many things.
It isn't the first time. Don't worry, I won't cry like a baby.
 Buzz1978
02-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Regarding this and the other related threads, I assume:
-most people want a new PC
-most people want K3 to be about the true sith
-most people want Revan and the Exile as NPCs or at least meet them

In my eyes the story of TSL pointed out:
-If you go to the unknown regions you have to go alone. Revan and the Exile could meet each other but they cannot build up a new party.
-It wouldn't be consequent, if a new PC just went to the unknown regions let alone with a party accompanying him.

So I tried to make up a compromise...
(I'm talking of Revan and the Exile as male just because I don't want to drag this he/she thing through the hole plot. No sexism here...)

You start during the civil war on Onderon as one of the children (let's say at the age of 5) of this woman whos desperate to get off the planet. You actually get off planet and reach Telos citadel station after the action is over. Telos is ready to be colonized by groups of farmers again and your mother gets a job in the household of one of them (talk about a setback after being the wife of a member of the senate IIRC). Your familiy goes to Dendis Dobo to buy some clothes to wear on the planet. You see that he also sells simple holocrons and you beg your mom to buy you this one which looks like the person you met in Iziz (so you choose gender and face of the Exile).

Some days (weeks?) later you're on the surface of Telos and one night you get a vision of the Exile (the first of many). The vision isn't just a simple cutscene but you actually play as the Exile for a short sequence unravelling the first mysterious glimpses of the threat through the true sith (alongside setting the alignment of the Exile). Of course nobody is taking a childrens nightmare serious at this time.

Why does the child got a vision of the Exile? We know the Exile builds up force bonds easily and when he met this child - connected to the force but unaware of it - he built up the bond on purpose because at this point he already knew, he would need a "connection" (small glitch here, because the meeting on Iziz was before Malachor, but I think I've seen worse and we *are* talking about a Jedi who already knows something about the unknwon regions and the true sith and Jedi *are* able to cast a glance at the future...) Why not another member of his party? Because only a child can become whatever it wants to be and whatever is needed...

Fast forward to the age of 10 - the landlord tells you about a sensor in the fence which quit transmission and sends you out to have a look for it. Of course he tells you, that you should by no means leave the speeder (being 10 and all) and of course as you observe, that you don't have to deal with a defective sensor but a large breach in the fence, you leave the speeder to have a closer look. As you realize that probably Cannoks have broken through you're already attacked by them. You're being rescued either by a Padawan of the Telos Jedi enclave (and a future party member) or by Bao Dur (or another one of the old party members, but I think Bao Dur would fit) and since you're knocked out you're taken to the enclave where you have the next vision what calls the attention of the Jedi.

You become an apprentice and later padawan of Yuthura Ban (sorry about that, but she would be my first choice). Different ways are possible to choose Revans face and gender, by a quiz or repairing a holo... Later you meet Bastila and sense the bond she shares with Revan and from that point on you begin to have visions of him as well (in which you play him actually). You begin to understand, that you somehow play a role in the forthcoming events.

Fast forward to the age of 15, the true sith attack the republic and you're ready for the action...

From that on it would be possible to play through as a teenager or make the game really epic and let the PC become at least 25. The main part of the game should take place in the "more or less known regions" and in the end the PC travels to the unknown regions leaving his party behind. No, he doesn't steal the show, but he brings something with him, that is essential and Revan and the Exile "open the door" for him and make it possible for him to launch his strike. Instead of destroying the true sith, he destroys the siths source of dark power ... or takes it for himself cutting them off...

Ok, now rip my story apart... ;-)
 Phaedra36
02-11-2006, 3:06 PM
@Buzz1978 Ok,while you have good ideas.... A Fable-ish setting would not work for K3 because that would mean 20 years into the future and 20 years of Revan and the Exile all by themselves fighting on the Outer Rim with hardly any help until you grow up and come along. That would mean all of them are nearing 50, Jolee is long dead, Canderous is about to die from old age, etc. So the love interests of I and II would not have seen their loves
for 25 years...Obviously they have moved past by then >.>
Ok my idea, someone please comment on this one.

It starts immediately after the Ebon Hawk, an through character customization you get to pick your own Exile and what class they are. The Exile falls down onto the Ebon Hawk, trying to catch his/her breath from the exhilarating battle with Kreia. Much rejoicing is heard when Kreia dies, but the Exile looks at them with regret in his/her eyes and informs them that he/she has to go alone. The particular love interest will not want to hear it, even Atton all saying something along the lines of,"But I have to protect you.." The Exile will persist and eventually all will come to an understanding and go their separate ways. For example, Bao-Dur would continue his work on the restoration projects, Handmaiden and Disciple would form a new Jedi council in Corsucant, etc.

Fast forward to the Exile now with only him/her and T3-M4. "Take me to Revan." It shows a cutscene of the Ebon Hawk flying off into the distance to the Outer Rim, you play as Exile for only a few moments and when you step off the ship, a familar person in black is there to greet you. "I have been waiting for you Exile,"Revan speaks.

6 months pass and it shows little clips of party members and what they have been doing with their time before it finally centers on the third character. You are trying to sleep and a low in ranking Sith Lord yells at you to wake up, "Come on! You have to deliver these packages for me!" You stumble out of bed, hating being someone's slave. When you step outside, a cutscene shows Revan and Exile walking with cloaks and masks on. For some reason you feel drawn to them, even to their presence makes you want to know more about them.

You see them over the next few weeks and one day Revan slams you into the wall, his/her hands upon your throat. "Are you a spy?!?!" You tell them you are not, and they ask why are you following them. You explain your reasons and the Exile tells Revan to calm down. "Sorry, just the darkness of this place makes me quick to anger and with all our plans being foiled.." He/she cuts off sharply and they give your their names after sensing you are not a threat to them. You give them yours and over the next few times you run errands, you keep bumping into them more and more. One day, your master is with you and beating you brutally for not delivering a package on time and the Exile and Revan promptly kill him.

They ask to you join their resistance group, you say yes and they lead you to their HQ. They have you do some menial tasks to prove your worthiness and once you are worthy, they inform you that they need new members. The Exile hands you a list of people to join their ranks, surprisingly members from I and II and some new ones as well :-p. On each planet on where they are on, you gather up more and more crew members which takes up half of the game.

When they all are on the Outer Rim, the real story starts to enfold. Reunions are held, people rejoice, but soon they all have to get down to business to defeat the true threat. When you get back, you are offered to be trained as a Jedi and become an apprentice under Revan, the Exile, or someone else that happened to join based on Revan and the Exile's gender and alignment.
 igyman
02-11-2006, 3:24 PM
Overall, it's not a bad idea, but it has a few flaws.
You can't have both the Disciple and the Handmaiden in TSL, therefore only one of them can become a council member; Bastila is the one who is more likely to form the new Jedi Council, after all she is a more experianced Jedi than the Handmaiden, or anyone else from the Exile's party - they're all novices; what if the Exile decided to stay on Malachor and become the new Master of the Trayus Academy, instead of going to the Unknown Regions; if in the end you play as the new character, then Revan and the Exile will have to get voices and will have to wear some kind of masks during the game; your version of the story starts immediately after the end of TSL - it is more likely that KoTOR3 will be happening 3-5 years after TSL.

I too have posted a KoTOR 3 story idea about 10 days ago on a different thread, it had flaws, but I'm going to repost a slightly altered version here, so everyone tell me what you think.

Edit: OK, an updated version of the KoTOR 3 beginning:

A scene begins on the Dark Planet, a planet located just outside the galaxy. That planet doesn't have its own sun, it is only slightly lightened by the galaxy's rim stars - just enough to see its conture, it doesn't have a breathable atmosphere, so nothing can survive on its surface, but there is a single enormous city-like structure capable of sustaining life on that planet, the only light coming from the planet itself is coming from that structure.

We are taken to a huge throne room where Revan (in his famous robes with the mask) meets the Sith Lord who will be the main villain in KoTOR 3. The Sith Lord tells Revan that he/she made a big mistake by coming there and says that Revan will die as the Exile has if he/she persists in his/her quest to stop the Sith Lord. They engage in combat and the Sith Lord triumphs. Instead of killing him/her the Sith Lord decides to spare Revan's life because Revan did fulfill his/her purpose - he/she weakened the Republic. He strips Revan of the armor, his/her powers and his/her memories of the Dark Planet's location (only the memories of the location of the planet, not the entire personality like in KoTOR 1), puts him/her in a stasis pod and sends him/her in a small unmanned aircraft back to Republic space.

About 3 years later the aircraft is discovered by a Republic cruiser partoling the Rim, the captain of that ship, after taking a good look upon the aircraft's passenger, contacts Admiral Carth Onasi, who orders the captain to bring the passenger to Coruscant.

At this point you are taken to the character creation screen where you choose Revan's appearance and after that you take Revan's role once more, now in the busy streets of Coruscant with a quest to reach the Jedi Temple in Coruscant (first of all), regain his/her powers, reunite with his former allies and meet new ones (including the ones from KoTOR 2) and then once again search for clues of the location of the Dark Planet, the capital world of the True Sith Empire.

*the Dark Planet is completely fictious, I made it up, it does not exist in the Star Wars universe as far as I know, but the developers of KoTOR 3 (If they even bother to check out these posts from time to time, though I doubt it) are welcome to use it, if they like the concept.

igyman, please don't double post, that is have multiple posts in a row, especially within a few minutes/hours of each other. Please use the 'edit this' post feature and add your additional info to your previous post. Thanks. -RH
 jankiel
02-11-2006, 5:09 PM
I think that a simple republic agent(smuggler, soldier, scout whatever) who is agile enough to survive some importante event and get the attention of the new jedi order in order to train him would be fine. After being trained our jedi would find himself in the middle of a war beetwen the republic and the true sith (with Revan and Exile on one of the sides, perhaps each on opposite, it would be interesting to see Revan fight the Exile as well give Carth a chance to pay back Revan for his actions or fight together with him against this new threat).

Oh and this is my first post :)
 Phaedra36
02-11-2006, 5:11 PM
says that Revan will die as the Exile has if he/she persists in his/her quest to stop the Sith Lord. They engage in combat and the Sith Lord triumphs. Instead of killing him/her the Sith Lord decides to spare Revan's life because Revan did fulfill his/her purpose - he/she weakened the Republic. He strips Revan of the armor, his/her powers and his/her memories of the Dark Planet's location (only the memories of the location of the planet, not the entire personality like in KoTOR 1), puts him/her in a stasis pod and sends him/her in a small unmanned aircraft back to Republic space.

While your idea sounds good, why would it be the Exile to die anyway? Revan has spent all this time out on the Outer Rim.. Also, I don't think the players would like Revan being stripped of anything in my opinion.
 igyman
02-11-2006, 5:16 PM
Well, honestly since I want to play as Revan again (and, yes, build him up again from level 1) I had to get rid of the Exile somehow, that's why it's not a perfect idea.
Revan can't just die in the Outer Rim, since so far everything in KoTOR revolves around him and he is more powerful than the Exile and has more chance of surviving in the Unknown Regions.
 Phaedra36
02-11-2006, 5:20 PM
You can't have both the Disciple and the Handmaiden in TSL, therefore only one of them can become a council member

Why not? They would just be making appearances, not be your love interest anymore anyway..Their destinies were to be at the Jedi Council, but they never seemed smitten with your character as Atton or Visas did o.0. Plus, they started off with names so that makes Atton and Visas more important to me automatically lol.

Bastila is the one who is more likely to form the new Jedi Council, after all she is a more experianced Jedi than the Handmaiden, or anyone else from the Exile's party - they're all novices

I think that Jolee should be the head of the Jedi Council, he's been a Jedi longer than any of them and deserves a cameo -_-. Plus, Bastila should travel and find out what happened to her lover in my opinion.Like she said, she was always too impatient, too quick to act. Bastila would not want to wait on her love much longer in my opinion...

what if the Exile decided to stay on Malachor and become the new Master of the Trayus Academy, instead of going to the Unknown Regions;

Light or Dark, your destiny is supposed to follow Revan anyway.. Perhaps it could start a year or so afterwards, so the Exile had enough time to build the Academy?

if in the end you play as the new character, then Revan and the Exile will have to get voices and will have to wear some kind of masks during the game;

No they wouldn't, you could do character customization and pick the faces for them. As for voices, I am not sure about yet hehe.

your version of the story starts immediately after the end of TSL - it is more likely that KoTOR3 will be happening 3-5 years after TSL.

Why? Revan has already been in the Outer Rim for like 4 years... he/she needs help asap >.>
 igyman
02-11-2006, 5:29 PM
Why not? They would just be making appearances, not be your love interest anymore anyway..Their destinies were to be at the Jedi Council, but they never seemed smitten with your character as Atton or Visas did o.0. Plus, they started off with names so that makes Atton and Visas more important to me automatically lol.

Because whether you get the Handmaiden, or the Disciple depends on whether the Exile is a male, or a female.

I think that Jolee should be the head of the Jedi Council, he's been a Jedi longer than any of them and deserves a cameo -_-. Plus, Bastila should travel and find out what happened to her lover in my opinion.Like she said, she was always too impatient, too quick to act. Bastila would not want to wait on her love much longer in my opinion...

Jolee should definitely make an appearance at least as a council member, if not as head of the Jedi Council.

No they wouldn't, you could do character customization and pick the faces for them. As for voices, I am not sure about yet hehe.

So, you're thinking there should be three character customizations in KoTOR 3 - One for Revan, one for the Exile and one for the new main guy/girl?

Why? Revan has already been in the Outer Rim for like 4 years... he/she needs help asap >.>

True, but still the story will probably start a few more years after TSL.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-11-2006, 5:33 PM
While your idea sounds good, why would it be the Exile to die anyway? Revan has spent all this time out on the Outer Rim.. Also, I don't think the players would like Revan being stripped of anything in my opinion.
Actuelly, I would like to start with Revan stripped off of everything. THey must have done something to him. Otherwise, he would have returned long ago, if he finished the job.
 Buzz1978
02-11-2006, 5:38 PM
@Buzz1978 Ok,while you have good ideas.... A Fable-ish setting would not work for K3[...]

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "Fable-ish", I always thought fables had to do something with animals... (English is not my native tongue.)

[...]because that would mean 20 years into the future and 20 years of Revan and the Exile all by themselves fighting on the Outer Rim with hardly any help until you grow up and come along.

Who would be able to help them anyway? Nobody can follow them.

That would mean all of them are nearing 50, Jolee is long dead, Canderous is about to die from old age, etc.

As for the Jedi I don't consider this much of a problem. Yoda was 900 years old, when he died - ok he's no human. But Marka Ragnos ruled the sith on Korriban for over 100 years and even then he didn't just die but was killed by Naga Sadow (???). Or look at Atris: When the Mandalorian wars began she was already a master and a member of the Jedi council on Coruscant. So she might have been 35 or more likely 40 years old then. 10 years later, when she meets the Exile again, she looks like she's no more than 30.
So the Jedi remain powerful and goodlooking even at old age and Canderous gets a few more implants and keeps running and running...

So the love interests of I and II would not have seen their loves for 25 years...

You are desperate for that happy end are you?

Handmaiden and Disciple would form a new Jedi council in Corsucant, etc.

I believe the Disciple is supposed to become a senator and never use the force again. The handmaiden goes back to Telos and becomes the historian and rebuilder of the Jedi order, Atris believed herself to be.

6 months pass and it shows little clips of party members and what they have been doing with their time before it finally centers on the third character. You are trying to sleep and a low in ranking Sith Lord yells at you to wake up, "Come on! You have to deliver these packages for me!" You stumble out of bed, hating being someone's slave.

Sounds good so far, but do I get it right, that this place is supposed to be in the unknown regions and is pretty much like every other place besides being incredebly evil? What makes the true sith special then? Why did Revan/Exile have to leave their party behind?

When you step outside, a cutscene shows Revan and Exile walking with cloaks and masks on. For some reason you feel drawn to them, even to their presence makes you want to know more about them.

You see them over the next few weeks and one day Revan slams you into the wall, his/her hands upon your throat. "Are you a spy?!?!" You tell them you are not, and they ask why are you following them. You explain your reasons and the Exile tells Revan to calm down. "Sorry, just the darkness of this place makes me quick to anger and with all our plans being foiled.." He/she cuts off sharply and they give your their names after sensing you are not a threat to them. You give them yours and over the next few times you run errands, you keep bumping into them more and more. One day, your master is with you and beating you brutally for not delivering a package on time and the Exile and Revan promptly kill him.

That's exactly what I meant by "stop being your Revan and Exile". This behavior seems to go with your image of them, but it certainly doesn't go with mine. My Revan tried to pull Malak back from the dark side until the very end, never would he just kill someone just for beating somebody.

They ask to you join their resistance group, you say yes and they lead you to their HQ. They have you do some menial tasks to prove your worthiness and once you are worthy, they inform you that they need new members.

The Exile hands you a list of people to join their ranks, surprisingly members from I and II and some new ones as well :-p. On each planet on where they are on, you gather up more and more crew members which takes up half of the game.

Sorry if this is a rerun, but why didn't they take their party with them if facing the threat of the true sith can be done in a "everyday manner"?
 Phaedra36
02-11-2006, 5:38 PM
Igyman and Vladmir, I am starting to come to your way of thinking about playing as Revan again o.0. I guess playing as a whole new pc character would be out of the question anyway due to difficulties, like I said in another post... this series is like a movie. Why would you want a whole new character for each movie?
 igyman
02-11-2006, 5:45 PM
Woohooo!!!!!!! :band1 :shades2: :yeldance: :cheers:

That's what I'm talking about - after Revan's story is finished (playing as Revan), then we should think about a new main character for KoTOR 4 (but let's first wait and see KoTOR 3).
 Phaedra36
02-11-2006, 5:58 PM
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "Fable-ish", I always thought fables had to do something with animals... (English is not my native tongue.)

Fable is an X-box 360 game where you start off as a little kid and have different stages of life. Kid, adolescence, and then an adult.

Who would be able to help them anyway? Nobody can follow them.

T3-M4 could help, that's why he was supposed to stay behind to gather followers to help out Revan.

As for the Jedi I don't consider this much of a problem. Yoda was 900 years old, when he died - ok he's no human. But Marka Ragnos ruled the sith on Korriban for over 100 years and even then he didn't just die but was killed by Naga Sadow (???). Or look at Atris: When the Mandalorian wars began she was already a master and a member of the Jedi council on Coruscant. So she might have been 35 or more likely 40 years old then. 10 years later, when she meets the Exile again, she looks like she's no more than 30.
So the Jedi remain powerful and goodlooking even at old age and Canderous gets a few more implants and keeps running and running...

Lmao >< I guess.. I still don't think it would be 25 years anyway. Last one took place 4 years after the 1st, and I am sure it would be somewhat like that for the third.

You are desperate for that happy end are you?

Not only am I that, but I am a big fan of finishing storylines. After all, that's what rpg's are about. It would not seem complete if not all their stories were finished.

Sounds good so far, but do I get it right, that this place is supposed to be in the unknown regions and is pretty much like every other place besides being incredebly evil? What makes the true sith special then? Why did Revan/Exile have to leave their party behind?

Ok I am not a game developer, but Kreia was talking about how their are some places born out of darkness.. and the True Sith are the Real Sith because the Real Sith just worship the True Sith's ideals, but the True Sith is like a race if I have read correctly. And Revan/Exile had to leave their party behind because they could not take ones they loved with them.

That's exactly what I meant by "stop being your Revan and Exile". This behavior seems to go with your image of them, but it certainly doesn't go with mine. My Revan tried to pull Malak back from the dark side until the very end, never would he just kill someone just for beating somebody.

Yeah, but I was thinking that if you were in an evil ridden place... then sometimes it would be hard to resist the temptation to succumb to the dark side no matter how light you are.
 Buzz1978
02-11-2006, 7:20 PM
Fable is an X-box 360 game where you start off as a little kid and have different stages of life. Kid, adolescence, and then an adult.

Why do you think it wouldn't work for K3?

T3-M4 could help, that's why he was supposed to stay behind to gather followers to help out Revan.

And only one follower met the standards... Would be a bit too much of an inflation if there a lots of them all of a sudden.

Lmao >< I guess.. I still don't think it would be 25 years anyway.

Neither do I to be honest. I just wanted to find of way to unite the major wishes and by doing so I inserted my major wishes as well. I still think it could work that way. Becoming a Jedi as an adult just isn't the proper way and I would really like to see it properly done for once.
 Phaedra36
02-11-2006, 9:13 PM

Simply because of the urgency I would feel for Revan. I mean, if Revan spent 25 years out in the Outer Rim and there was no contact not only would I lose interest in the story, but I would seriously think something happened to Revan. Either Revan died or Revan joined them. I mean at times of war, help is needed asap. You just cannot wait for someone to grow up to save the day. However, being able to grow up through the different stages would make a GREAT idea if there was a Kotor 4. I would absolutely support that one.

And only one follower met the standards... Would be a bit too much of an inflation if there a lots of them all of a sudden.

Well..Kreia also said that Revan needs all the Jedi and Sith he/she can get. So what it seems, LS or DS ending is that you at least need to play the Exile to get a few members after a year or so I, II, and some new characters in III but not all of them at once for I think Revan would have made a couple of friends while on the Outer Rim all these years.With the help of T3-M4 he would unlock the navicomputer, and you would follow Revan's footsteps with a few people and set out to find Revan.

Neither do I to be honest. I just wanted to find of way to unite the major wishes and by doing so I inserted my major wishes as well. I still think it could work that way. Becoming a Jedi as an adult just isn't the proper way and I would really like to see it properly done for once.

Like I said before, it would be a great idea after the Revan and friends saga was over with. :)
 Alkonium
02-11-2006, 9:22 PM
Well, all I think about how the third game should begin is that it should do the opening text crawl, pan down, then show the ship the PC is on, and its engines are malfunctioning and it's spinning out of control, as that's what they did in Kotor I and II.
 RobQel-Droma
02-11-2006, 9:50 PM
this series is like a movie. Why would you want a whole new character for each movie?

Because KOTOR is not a movie. It is a lot more complex, and has a lot more depth and storyline than a movie. Compare KOTOR to Ep. 4. Do they really compare? One is about 2-3 hours long, the other.... And unlike movies, games usually (and should) have a new character each time. If TSL had Revan as a PC, of course, bring him back in K3. But since you were a new character, I believe that they will have you as a new PC. Besides, especially in this kind of RPG, there are a lot of complications and major changes that would have to be made/overcome to reintroduce Revan.

Actuelly, I would like to start with Revan stripped off of everything. THey must have done something to him. Otherwise, he would have returned long ago, if he finished the job.

So most KOTOR fans are going to enjoy (or dislike) a running gag of Revan's continued amnesia and power-loss? :) They can't just keep doing that, it'll get old.

Because it is unlike the style of the previous two games, you are pretty much taking a game where time really does not exist, technically, then in the third game you introduce it all of a sudden. Besides, would people really want to start off as some kid, and not only that, fast-forward to a certain spot and then just pause time?
 Phaedra36
02-11-2006, 9:58 PM
Because KOTOR is not a movie. It is a lot more complex, and has a lot more depth and storyline than a movie. Compare KOTOR to Ep. 4. Do they really compare? One is about 2-3 hours long, the other.... And unlike movies, games usually (and should) have a new character each time. If TSL had Revan as a PC, of course, bring him back in K3. But since you were a new character, I believe that they will have you as a new PC. Besides, especially in this kind of RPG, there are a lot of complications and major changes that would have to be made/overcome to reintroduce Revan.

There is going to be a lot of complications and major changes whatever route we go. I mean, first of all some people want them in the story. Ok that is all well and good, but simple things like 2 voice actors (one for male and one for female) would need to be hired to take control of Revan and the Exile and how the game developers vision of Revan and the Exile might be different than yours. And then some should just have stories, but then it is going to feel incomplete with the rest of the gang from I and II.
And then if you take control of one character, what is going to happen to the other? Tossed aside? In your party? Killed off early?
 Point Man
02-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Jolee should definitely make an appearance at least as a council member, if not as head of the Jedi Council.
Jolee would never agree to be on any council. He is not the kind of guy who would sit in meetings. I could just see him...

Jolee: This meeting of the Jedi Council is now called to order. What are you all doing sitting around chatting up an old man? Shoo! Shoo!
 RobQel-Droma
02-11-2006, 10:08 PM
^ I agree. Jolee as a head of the Council? That doesn't make sense if you just remember his personality, and how he viewed the Jedi. Besides, would the Jedi really take him back?

I think he'll make a cameo, of course, whether in person or as a Force Ghost, but not as a Jedi Master, or head of them. He'll still be the kind of person he was in K1, a hermit/exile (if he is alive and not a Force Ghost.)
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-12-2006, 4:40 AM
Besides, especially in this kind of RPG, there are a lot of complications and major changes that would have to be made/overcome to reintroduce Revan.
Have you thought how even more complicated will be to introduce a new character now? In TSL, it was required, because we didn't know how the story would progress. But since Obsidian made it clear that the protagnoists are now Revan and the Exile; how can you hope to insert a new character now?
 Buzz1978
02-12-2006, 6:26 AM
Overall, it's not a bad idea, but it has a few flaws.
You can't have both the Disciple and the Handmaiden in TSL, therefore only one of them can become a council member;
But still the Handmaiden is true to the Jedi ideal and is best suited to rebuild the Jedi order. I don't see her as a council member though. The Disciple is supposed to become a senator anyhow IIRC.

what if the Exile decided to stay on Malachor and become the new Master of the Trayus Academy, instead of going to the Unknown Regions;
In TSL Revan was forced to become the saviour of the republic. At least some facts have to be "premade", even if they conflict with possible paths in K1 and K2.

We are taken to a huge throne room where Revan (in his famous robes with the mask) meets the Sith Lord who will be the main villain in KoTOR 3.
Too early to reveal the main villain IMO.

The Sith Lord tells Revan that he/she made a big mistake by coming there and says that Revan will die as the Exile has if he/she persists in his/her quest to stop the Sith Lord. They engage in combat and the Sith Lord triumphs. Instead of killing him/her the Sith Lord decides to spare Revan's life because Revan did fulfill his/her purpose - he/she weakened the Republic.
Why would a sith ever spare a defeated opponent who fulfilled his purpose?

and then once again search for clues of the location of the Dark Planet, the capital world of the True Sith Empire.
The navcomputer of the Ebon Hawk and (most likely) T3-M4 know where it is.
 Buzz1978
02-12-2006, 7:24 AM
Simply because of the urgency I would feel for Revan. I mean, if Revan spent 25 years out in the Outer Rim and there was no contact not only would I lose interest in the story, but I would seriously think something happened to Revan. Either Revan died or Revan joined them. I mean at times of war, help is needed asap.
What war? The true sith haven't attacked yet.

Well..Kreia also said that Revan needs all the Jedi and Sith he/she can get. So what it seems, LS or DS ending is that you at least need to play the Exile to get a few members after a year or so I, II, and some new characters in III but not all of them at once for I think Revan would have made a couple of friends while on the Outer Rim all these years.With the help of T3-M4 he would unlock the navicomputer, and you would follow Revan's footsteps with a few people and set out to find Revan.
It messes with the image TSL pictured of the unknown regions IMO. I'd like it better if they come back to ... well ... maybe find a relic of Jedi power that can be used to destroy the sith's source of power or "redeem" it or whatever and only go back to the unknown regions for the showdown.
 igyman
02-12-2006, 2:27 PM
But still the Handmaiden is true to the Jedi ideal and is best suited to rebuild the Jedi order. I don't see her as a council member though. The Disciple is supposed to become a senator anyhow IIRC.

She doesn't necessarily have to be in the council, but if she makes an appearance, she will most likely be a historian in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

In TSL Revan was forced to become the saviour of the republic. At least some facts have to be "premade", even if they conflict with possible paths in K1 and K2.

True, but so many others have asked similar question, depending on the event being discussed, so I had to ask the ''what if'' question here.

Too early to reveal the main villain IMO.

Why too early? Malak has shown his face almost at the begining of KoTOR 1 and the same goes for Sion in TSL. Besides, that Sith Lord (if this means anything to you) would (in my vision) wear a red cloak with a hood that is completely hiding his face and he would be extremely powerful in the force, thus he wouldn't even use his lightsaber (at least in the intro sequence).

Why would a sith ever spare a defeated opponent who fulfilled his purpose?

Why would these True Sith be the same as their spawns that were previously encountered? Sparing Revan wouldn't be a sign of weakness, but a sort of payment for weakening the Republic.

The navcomputer of the Ebon Hawk and (most likely) T3-M4 know where it is.

Then in KoTOR 3 you should go searching for the Ebon Hawk, visiting different worlds where sightings of the Hawk have been reported (or something like that).
 Buzz1978
02-13-2006, 2:33 PM
She doesn't necessarily have to be in the council, but if she makes an appearance, she will most likely be a historian in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
I see her more as headmaster and historian of the Jedi enclave on Telos...

Why too early?[...]
for my taste... I'd like it better if it took some time to reveal the real threat.

Why would these True Sith be the same as their spawns that were previously encountered? Sparing Revan wouldn't be a sign of weakness, but a sort of payment for weakening the Republic.
The true sith are supposed to be something like *the* role model for the previous sith, so they can't be entirely different. For me the true Sith even more than the true Jedi is all about purpose - he doesn't simply kill someone unless it fits his purpose but on the other hand he doesn't spare someone unless it fits his purpose.
Why not let the dark lord's apprentice fight Revan and be slain by Revans hands? Afterwards the dark lord wounds Revan seriously and lets his subordinates take Revan away to let Revan cultivate his anger. Malak was afraid to try making Revan his apprentice but this one isn't...
 igyman
02-13-2006, 2:48 PM
For me the true Sith even more than the true Jedi is all about purpose - he doesn't simply kill someone unless it fits his purpose but on the other hand he doesn't spare someone unless it fits his purpose.

Exactly. It doesn't fit his prupose to kill Revan - remember I only thought of a beginning for the story, not the entire thing, so if someone who has enough imagination (or even me) to come up with a good story out of this puts his/her mind to it, then sparing Revan would probably have a darker purpose than killing him/her (maybe the purpose would be to lure all of Revan's allies to the Dark Planet where they could be destroyed).
Page: 2 of 2