Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Possible Confirmation/Conjecture of 2 Things of KOTOR3

Page: 1 of 1
 SWG-Romulus
08-19-2005, 5:26 PM
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Trials%20of%20Obi-Wan)

LucasArts/SOE Announce New Expansion for SWG: The Trials of Obi-Wan

In this press clipping, LA/SOE reveal a new expansion for SWG and the new planet is Mustafar, to be released the same day as BattleFront2 and the ROTS DVD. If you read the story, it reveals that one of our droid buddies has survived into the times of Episode V. That's right, our meatbag killing HK-47 apparently is alive and still kicking 4000 years later on Mustafar.

Despite LucasArts and SOE bastardizing continuity so extensively in Galaxies, this could mean that we see both HK-47 alive and well as well as Mustafar in KOTOR3. I've always seen KOTOR as being a trilogy so it could be Mustafar is the ending planet which would leave HK-47 there. Though, 4000 years difference anything could happen.

Just thought I'd drop this by for you's all to ponder.
 The_Maker
08-19-2005, 5:36 PM
WHAT!?!??!?!?!
HK-47 4000 years later in the Rots timeline!??!?!

[darth vader]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/darth vader]

If they put HK-47 in a post RotS game I am gonna puke.
Kotor was 4000 freaking years before the movies, they probably make garbarge droids with more quality than him >.<

Please god, let it not be true....

Prays on hands 'n knees
 IndianaSolo
08-19-2005, 5:38 PM
I think that's less to do with with any confirmation about KOTOR3, and more to do with Lucasarts yet again taking advantage of advertising and popularity by inserting one of the more populer KOTOR characters in another game, disregarding continuity for the sake of sales.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-19-2005, 5:43 PM
Please god, let it not be true....

Prays on hands 'n knees
Oh it's Official... from the maker's mouth ;)

http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/104.html) same Press Release as above, just on LA's site

Kind of a bold move IMO. Meaning that when/if KotOR III "appears", if they are to include HK-47 in the Party roster.. he doesn't get killed.. so I guess that's a "spoiler" of sorts :rolleyes:

Can't say that I'm personally very happy that SWG is "leeching" off of KotOR's lineup.. but I'm not LA either and don't have their property rights to do with whatever they want... meh...
 FiEND_138
08-19-2005, 5:52 PM
Dumb.

/nuff said/
 Commas
08-19-2005, 5:54 PM
altho i find it a little questionable that HK would still be intact 4000 years later, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Marvin the Paranoid Android was on Frogstar World B for Five Hundred and Seventy-Six Thousand Million years, until the end of the universe when they finally found him at Milliways: The Resturant at the End of the Universe, and he was still intact, so for me 4000 years for HK isn't as big a leap of faith. He is a droid, so he can't die of old age. i think Its just a cool little cameo to help tie the games together (and sure, its also a marketing ploy). it kinda makes the star wars universe feel a little more connected to have one game reference another. Its kinda like when Obi Wan mentioned Quinlan Vos in epIII. Sure you didn't actually see Vos, but it helped tie the movies into the EU a little bit more.
 SWG-Romulus
08-19-2005, 5:59 PM
Agreed with everything said. Personally I've been quite disappointed with SWG since Publish 9 (we're now on Pub 22) that launched the influx of jedi on every server. I have a jedi knight, and I rarely play him because EVERYONE is a jedi now. And LucasArts have done nothing to curb the destruction of continuity going on in that game and by this press release, only seek to further destroy it just for profits.

We had a huge PVP event at "The Emperor's Retreat" on Naboo a few months back. 60+ Jedi (both rebel and imperial) right on the Emperor's doorstep and neither him nor Vader came out to kill any of the Jedi. The game's just getting worse and worse. Hoping that the new releases "Empire at War", "BattleFront2" and hopefully KotoR3 will draw me away enough to finally end my subscriptions.

HK-47 on mustafar during the time between ANH and ESB is lame enough, but if you read the press release, subscribers are also going to be lead on a series of quests BY OBI-WAN's GHOST!!!! More bastardizing of continuity.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-19-2005, 6:01 PM
Star Wars =/= Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;)

Quinlan Vos' mention doesn't screw anything. It's not like he was born 4000 years before the events of Ep3.

I doubt a droid could stay functionnal for such a long time.
Once again, SOE shows how they totally suck.
 Commas
08-19-2005, 6:12 PM
Star Wars =/= Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;)

Quinlan Vos' mention doesn't screw anything. It's not like he was born 4000 years before the events of Ep3.

I doubt a droid could stay functionnal for such a long time.
Once again, SOE shows how they totally suck.

yes, i know that, im not that dumb :p , my point was just that i dont find it as hard to believe that HK would still be functioning after 4000 years.

and i also wasn't saying that vos's mention messed anything up, if anything it was kinda cool. im not a big EU fan, but i like that they tried to tie the movies into the EU a bit, it actually gave the EU a little more credibility. The movies always felt kind of seperate from the books, it was nice to see a little connection like that. it made them feel less like seperate entities and more like part of one big time line. Kotor's time line is so far in the past that while that allows for lots of new directions from the story becuase there is not much already in the continuity there, it also means that all this new kotor stuff is kinda disregarded by the rest of the star wars universe. None of the books about the old republic ever talk about revan or anything, so its nice to see a connection somewhere in the time line to Kotor, to help verify its existance in the time line. while i'm not a SWG player, cause i'm dirt poor and can't afford a subscription, i applaud the attempt to introduce some continuity between kotor and the rest of star wars, despite the fact that HK's appearance will be completely cheesy, and its just a huge marketing ploy, meant to snare some of the Kotor fans. Its still nice to see everything connecting.
 Emperor Devon
08-19-2005, 6:17 PM
I am disgusted. Those fu**ing bas**rds are leeching off KOTOR's life force! I don't know what happens to Revan and the rest of the crew from KOTOR, but this disgusts me. When Revan dies (of old age or some other cause) he and the rest of the KOTOR characters should go with him. But this... I am sickened.
In a sense... It's kind of sad. Revan and all the others are gone by then, but he still lives on. Why would HK go to Mustafar, of all places? Shouldn't he be in charge of a droid factory, churning out armies of droids to kill all meatbags?
This is just stupid. Lucasarts is greedliy taking a successful character, and placing him in ridiculous situations just so their president can go about building another guest house out of hundred dollar bills.
The characters from KOTOR had their own (and the best) period of STAR WARS to be in. Tying modern STAR WARS into the KOTOR universe is just stupid. All people responsible for this deserve to be tortured and have their hearts torn out by wild dogs. THey should then be drawn and quartered, and GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
 ChAiNz.2da
08-19-2005, 6:24 PM
^^^^^
De-caf man, De-caf :xp:

Dear LA, the expressed opinions of ED do not represent the whole of LF Forums. Please continue development on any games you are either currently on, or will be... hehehe... :D

p.s. Please send us pictures of your $100-bill guest house

gotta give you props on that one ED :thumbsup:
 RedHawke
08-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Dumb.

/nuff said/
I'm with FiEND! ;)
 The_Maker
08-20-2005, 1:37 AM
So am I... <_<
This is just plain stupid.
Lucasarts had a good series going with Kotor but trying to bring HK back into the mix is most likely where the quote "Everyone has a right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privalage" came from :xp:
But if LA does this for real then I am going to either boycot lucasarts or hug my Kotor CD gently every night before I go to bed :(

/me runs away squealing like little girl
 The Grey Ranger
08-20-2005, 4:06 AM
I don't really like the idea, but it is pretty simple to explain away. He's a machine a part wears out you replace it. Eventually you have replaced every part, perhaps multiple times, but the core programming remains intact. You can move the software to another frame.

Kinda like the story from the dwarf about the axe that has been in his family for many generations. Occasionally, it has had a new haft or blade, but it's still the same axe. :)
 Sabretooth
08-20-2005, 6:37 AM
I thought LucasArts was stupid.
Now I know LucasArts is stupid.

What next? They'll put on a claim that an isolated jawa genius scrapped off HK-47 and put him into an advanced body calling it the IG-88 and sold T3-M4's mind to Naboo Royal Security Inc.
 Andrelvis
08-20-2005, 11:28 AM
I thought LucasArts was stupid.
Now I know LucasArts is stupid.

What next? They'll put on a claim that an isolated jawa genius scrapped off HK-47 and put him into an advanced body calling it the IG-88 and sold T3-M4's mind to Naboo Royal Security Inc.

Heheh, this made me laugh! :)

Btw, my opinion about this is that it simply doesn't matter much. We have to take it lightly, as a cameo, and not as a defacto appearance of HK-47. Yes, they ARE trying to make money, but HK-47 being there is much less of a concern to me than other things. Mustafar for example. Couldn't they choose a worst world to be put in the game? I mean, there are so many interesting ones they could put from Ep III(after all, they do want to make a profit on it)... Mustafar was an almost uninhabited world, which had the only function of hosting the separatist council. It is as interesting than Hoth, if not even less. It surely DID make an important appearance in the movies, but not for being an important or interesting world, but just because it was the one in which the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan battle ensued. It was the battle that was important and interesting, not the world. What is there to do? What kind of NPC would be there? There is NOTHING there at all... And though I do understand Coruscant is rather hard to put and design, Utapau for instance is a much better choice than Mustafar.
 Ztalker
08-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Wouldn't it just be logical? 4000 years means nothing in the SW universe.In Kotor you have practically the same technologie. Hyperspace will take longer to charge, weapons aren't quit as destructive etc.
If someone owned HK-47, that person WILL upgrade him with new technologies. He has a very advanced core, remember? He can function as a protocoldroid etc, hiding his true intensions. Also, he was made by Revan, probably with help from the Starforge itself!
I think he will fit in nicely, making the SW-galaxies players laugh as much as we did.
 Prime
08-20-2005, 2:03 PM
Why is HK being around so unbelievable? There were lots of droids around in KOTOR that had been around for thousands of years. the Builders' doids in the tomb on Dantooine had been functional for over 20,000 years...
 Emperor Devon
08-20-2005, 2:22 PM
^^^

It was left completely alone and shared the technology of the Star Maps. I hate Lucasarts.

Can you pick a more stupid thing to do? MUSTAFAR!?! What's next? Hoth?

It seems Lucasarts likes to make completely pointless cameos.

They should all be fed to thousands of rabid gizka.
 Jeff
08-20-2005, 3:17 PM
Why is HK being around so unbelievable? There were lots of droids around in KOTOR that had been around for thousands of years. the Builders' doids in the tomb on Dantooine had been functional for over 20,000 years...
That's true. Though I would think HK would be destroyed somewhere along those 4,000 years with all the action he sees...
 lukeiamyourdad
08-20-2005, 3:18 PM
ED is right. The droids were made with the Rakatan technology and were capable of self-repairs and self-maintenance. Obviously, HK mentions that he can take care of himself but lacks the ressources to do so which is why he ended up on Tatooine in the hands of a lousy mechanic.

Shussh! Don't give them any ideas!

I do have a theory as to why this cameo is receiving a lot of hatred from us. If for example, it was in a new Jedi Knight game, people might say:"Hey, JK, that's cool."
But it's Galaxies and we all know how a lot of people hate Galaxies (with good reasons).
 Ztalker
08-21-2005, 10:06 AM
that's because Jedi Knight=cool, because you 'control' your character.
In SW-Galaxies, you just play 5 (and PAY 5 years!) years to reach the elite level of jumma-juise mixing, Pwnage!!! ]
It just lacks action, and the Jedi-feeling. It's just a boring game compared to JK and KOTOR.
 THE MANDALORE
08-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Lucasarts is greedliy taking a successful character, and placing him in ridiculous situations just so their president can go about building another guest house out of hundred dollar bills.

Ummm... Is GL the president of LA, or some other guy?
 stingerhs
08-25-2005, 1:31 PM
jeez, why is everybody getting so uptight about this?? i'm sure they'd do something logical with it to ensure things turn out okay.

does that mean i'm for the idea? well, i don't really care since i have no plans on ever getting into SWG. so for me, it doesn't matter. and unless you folks are planning on getting into SWG, i don't understand why you feel it necessary to rant and rave about a game that you'll never play.
 Hallucination
08-25-2005, 1:54 PM
^^^ 'Cuz Hk belongs to the KOTOR fans. Maybe we should "suggest" to whoever is making kotor3 make it inevitable that hk is destroyed.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-25-2005, 5:55 PM
It's the same as people wanting to put Jesus in hell or something like that. Jesus doesn't belong in hell. HK-47 doesn't belong in hel...I mean SWG. Well, same thing afterall.
It's like...committing a crime against KotOR. It's lowering the cool HK to the pathetic level of marketing object to attract a few KotOR fans to SWG.
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-25-2005, 10:27 PM
:drop2:

*Rubs his eyes and reads it again...* :eyeraise:
OK... Three words: WORST BULLSH*T EVER!!!!

At first I thought that Lucas Arts is lead by stupid uncreative corporate jerks.
Now I know that Lucas Arts is lead by stupid uncreative corporate jerks.

I have seen a lot of bullsh*t in my life. But NONE as incredibly dumb as THIS; a way earn another STUPID VILLA ON THE BAHAMAS!

What's next? Luke Skywalker is "accidentally" Revan's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grand son, and Crix Maideen is Carth's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great gand son?
 Snafu7
08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I wonder if LA/SOE realizes that they don't have to add a new character from KotOR to attract an audience, instead they could, oh I don't know, stop messing the game up, and fix what they have messed up.
 Emperor Devon
08-26-2005, 2:19 AM
@lukeiamyourdad, I couldn't have said it better myself.

@Hallucination, while it is terrible how HK will be in SWG, I don't think he should die in KOTOR III! We all know he'll die sometime in a glorious battle, but hopefully not in KOTOR III. That would be like watching R2 get killed in ROTJ.

The idiots at LA reponsible for this terrible idea should be HACKED APART WITH BLUNT AXES, TILL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT BUT BLOODY PULP!!!!!!

IF THEY DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN, I'LL GO HUNT THEM DOWN AND RIP THEIR THROATS OPEN!!!! THEY'LL DROWN IN THEIR OWN BLOOD!!!!! I'LL SHATTER THEIR SKULLS TO BITS WITH BLUNT OBJECTS! I'LL MOUNT THEIR HOUNDS ON TROPHY PLAQUES!!!! I'LL RIP THEIR LUNGS OUT AND HANG THEM WITH THEM!!!
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-27-2005, 8:41 PM
This language is not appropriate on our boards. Go here (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swgalaxies_trials/) to understand why. Click on screenshots and view number 17.
 Emperor Devon
08-27-2005, 8:46 PM
It does seem rather stupid... Why would a Republic cruiser bo on Mustafar? It had to have gotten shot down, and I doubt there was a battle between the Sith and the Republic there... Mustafar has almost no strategic or economic value.

Also, look at screenshots 7 and 15. Does that look anything like Mustafar?
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-27-2005, 9:05 PM
"Also, look at screenshots 7 and 15. Does that look anything like Mustafar?"

Of course, it doesn't... It looks like a panorama on Mordor!

At first, I didn't like Lucas Arts because they were a corporation, but now, I'm starting to hate them... Really hate them! I have added another goal in my life:

To go to Lucas Arts HQ, see their CEO, pull out two guns :duel2: and wreck the S*IT out of his office!!! :tommys:
 Ztalker
08-28-2005, 5:37 AM
It just isn't reasonable to 'detroy' the coolness of HK this way.
It is just to d*mn lame to let HK crash. Then make it so he got the mission to kill Anakin or something, but after he saw Obi-Wan did (?) he just stayed for a reason, thus creating more sidequests.
This is just way to lame, and simple. Surely LA can make up something better, but this is proof they just want to cash.
And a few years ago they said they would make more 'good' games rather then just put every 'game' in the shops. Good @ keeping promisses!!
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-28-2005, 9:02 AM
^^^^^

Damn right!
 montnoir
08-28-2005, 9:47 AM
jeez, why is everybody getting so uptight about this?? i'm sure they'd do something logical with it to ensure things turn out okay.

does that mean i'm for the idea? well, i don't really care since i have no plans on ever getting into SWG. so for me, it doesn't matter. and unless you folks are planning on getting into SWG, i don't understand why you feel it necessary to rant and rave about a game that you'll never play.
Because if this works out, they will develop KOTOR 3 as an expansion for SWG. That's why.

Dumb.
Word!
 The_Maker
08-28-2005, 7:36 PM
I am starting to lose all faith in George Lucas and Lucas Arts, sure it IS Star Wars but things can only be good if they don't have sh!tty ideas used and then copied from another game.

I bet next we find out that Mira's great№є grandaughter is a rebel alliance leader <_<
 Ztalker
09-09-2005, 8:44 AM
Some more ideas for Lucasarts:

Darth Revan is in fact the Brother of Kreia, and Kreia is pissed because she wasn't in k1.
Darth Maul is the college-roommate of Bao-Dur,
Our toasters directly descend from GO-TO,
Darth Makal didn't lose his chin, je just wan't to hide his brace.

Kotor 3: The Starwars **** Up
 Micahc
09-09-2005, 6:37 PM
Thank you LA for killing my favorite character
Page: 1 of 1