Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hardest Boss?

Page: 1 of 1
 torgothewhite
08-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Which of the boss battles in this game was the hardest for you to beat and why?
 Smon
08-18-2005, 11:09 PM
I had trouble on the lungfish, not really the battle, just the moving part. Much like Raz I have... issues, with water. Involving gypsy.
 Purple Squid
08-19-2005, 6:21 AM
Well, I chose Dingo/El Odio because I hadn't really practiced Tk... but it nearly a tie with the Lungfish. Until I memorized the path it took.
 Purple Squid
08-19-2005, 6:22 AM
And geez, Smon. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT YOUR ICON. D=
 Thrik
08-19-2005, 9:01 AM
The blueprint tank did my face in before I consulted my bacon. ;(
 scabb
08-19-2005, 9:22 AM
It's not listed, but I'd say Raz's Father alone. More of a very annoying obstacle course than a boss, I suppose.
 Zetz Darke
08-19-2005, 1:52 PM
I agree with Smon, I disliked the Lungfish battle the most, but not because of the battle itself...the water took a lot of time to get the hang of, although I think the battle with the tank took me longer...

I found the last battles of the game very easy, but the obstacles extraordinarily aggravating.
 Joshi
08-19-2005, 2:30 PM
That damn nightmare, all must praise the bacon.
 Smon
08-19-2005, 2:31 PM
And geez, Smon. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT YOUR ICON. D=

I just took Sasha's clairvoyance and traced it with flash so it has a better resolution. I can make you one from any of the other clairvoyances if ya want.

Edit:Also one boss is missing, Butcher/Raz's Father team-up
 TyraaRane
08-19-2005, 2:34 PM
I think it's a tie between the Den Mother and Jasper. It took me a while to get my aim right with TK when she turns out the lights on you--I think I ended up restarting that boss battle about five times. Had the same problem with Jasper, but that was because I was laughing so hard it took me forever to get up onto the catwalk. (I'm an easily amused English major...so the whole "angry critic" idea had me in hysterics. Yeah, I'm weird, I know.)
 Smon
08-19-2005, 2:36 PM
Well you didn't actually have to TK at all against the den mother, just use ChainBlast and Shield.
 Rubacava
08-19-2005, 3:54 PM
For me it was the second to last boss. Gahh, not sure why. The other last ones were easy for me.
 Smon
08-19-2005, 6:02 PM
The teamup.. yeah, TKing in an active environment is a little tough.
 Zetz Darke
08-19-2005, 6:15 PM
I think it's a tie between the Den Mother and Jasper. It took me a while to get my aim right with TK when she turns out the lights on you--I think I ended up restarting that boss battle about five times. Had the same problem with Jasper, but that was because I was laughing so hard it took me forever to get up onto the catwalk. (I'm an easily amused English major...so the whole "angry critic" idea had me in hysterics. Yeah, I'm weird, I know.)

Oooh...yeah I had trouble with both of them too. The part in the light was easy enough with the den mother, but I have trouble with TK and and clairovoiance (yea...thats spelled wrong.) anyways, without having to worry about those BLOODY needles!
The critic bugged me because it took me a long time to work out how to press all of the right buttons and use all of the right powers to get up to the catwalks and his minions were EXTREMELY aggravating.
 Purple Squid
08-20-2005, 5:28 PM
I just took Sasha's clairvoyance and traced it with flash so it has a better resolution. I can make you one from any of the other clairvoyances if ya want.

Edit:Also one boss is missing, Butcher/Raz's Father team-up

Naw. Thanks, though.

...I regret my answer now that all of you all put down reasons. Actually, I had a difficult time with all of them until I figured out how to beat them. The brain tank made me hit myself in the forehead with the controller.
 Murray the Chao
08-20-2005, 8:03 PM
I say Nightmare Demon
 Zetz Darke
08-21-2005, 4:24 PM
I say Nightmare Demon

I can't say I agree that that was the hardest (After I consulted my bacon ne ways.) But I was DEFINATELY upset when Raz fell through the ground when I was trying to get somewhere else. O.o
 Purple Squid
08-21-2005, 4:28 PM
I was confused. And I'm not very good at TK, so I had to beat those things up so many times...

You know all the nightmares in the game have to do with fire.
 Smon
08-21-2005, 4:57 PM
Seriously? *goes back in time* Whattya know! They do! Wait.. I can time travel!? *goes back to save lincoln*
 Purple Squid
08-21-2005, 5:00 PM
YAY LINCOLN. Actually I didn't realise they all had to do with fire until my brother brought it up. He's so cool. Especially for a 10 year old. He already loves Psychonauts.
 Smon
08-21-2005, 5:04 PM
Well I saved Lincoln, but they had to cover it up. what REALLY happened, was Lincoln went super saiyan and beat up the whole confederate army single handed, but I saved him, gave him a cure for this heart disease he had and he beat up this space gypsy when he went SSJ3 and his hat turned 6 feet tall and it WAS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! But since that's ridiculous the union had to cover it up by saying he was murdered.
 Purple Squid
08-21-2005, 5:08 PM
I knew it. You're so smart.

SUPER SAIYAN LINCOLN- HUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! *blond hair*
 Smon
08-21-2005, 5:09 PM
I gotta say it was pretty cool, espcially the giant KKKBot he had to destroy on the way to kill the space gypsy. From space.
 Purple Squid
08-21-2005, 5:19 PM
KKKBot. Gaspish. Licoln is awesome. WAIT WHY IS HE KILLING SPACE GYPSY FROM SPACE?
 Smon
08-21-2005, 5:21 PM
Well he had to do SOMETHING so the sun wouldn't become sentient and evil.
 Purple Squid
08-21-2005, 5:23 PM
Oh. Now I understand.

So now I change my vote and say Space Gypsy was so the hardest boss.
 AgentArcana
08-22-2005, 4:46 PM
Jasper was a toughy for me. Getting up to that catwalk and getting through the thistle girls was a real pain, but not as painful as getting through the circus obstical course for the first time.
 Zetz Darke
08-22-2005, 8:11 PM
Jasper was a toughy for me. Getting up to that catwalk and getting through the thistle girls was a real pain, but not as painful as getting through the circus obstical course for the first time.

Lol...I just read down all of the new posts. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY INSANE. Then I got to yours and sanity was restored so quickly that I think my head may implode due to the impact.

Yea...Jasper sucked...but I definately prefer him to that obstical course.
 Purple Squid
08-22-2005, 8:17 PM
You should be proud of Lincoln. =b
 Joshi
08-22-2005, 8:17 PM
First time I fought jasper, getting onto the catwalks without being shot was annoying. That and the fact that I couldn't shoot jasper once I got the lights in because of everyone else trying to kill me was just annoying. Subsequent times, I had an upgrade on my psi blast which made it a lot easier.
 Smon
08-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes you see Where I go sanity gets the buttkicking

Odds of recognizing reference:1/200
 Purple Squid
08-23-2005, 6:27 AM
HOLY CRAP KND.
 Smon
08-23-2005, 4:50 PM
I end sanity. Ever play Kingdom Hearts? Remember that part at the end where everythng is all torn apart after the heartless get there? I'm like that.
 Purple Squid
08-23-2005, 8:12 PM
That part was cool looking. You're cool looking, I bet. I get to end the use of exclamation marks.
 Murray the Chao
08-23-2005, 9:44 PM
I can't say I agree that that was the hardest (After I consulted my bacon ne ways.) But I was DEFINATELY upset when Raz fell through the ground when I was trying to get somewhere else. O.o

My problem is getting the bomb in the opening without it going off in Raz's face.
Page: 1 of 1