Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Characters in KotOR III.

Page: 3 of 4
 Desolation
08-27-2005, 3:29 PM
I believe that Revan will be the playable character in the KoToR III the reason why i think this is because of the message you get from T3 and then on the Telos Station with Carth.
I can see that being possible actually. They mention Revan quite a bit during the game, and then that messege from T3 and the Carth/Bastilla cutscene towards the end kinda makes you think we will actually find out what happens with him, but you don't. Obsidian kinda left the Revan situation at a cliff hanger, so I could see them going with that in the third game.

As for party characters, I would kinda like Mission and Big Z to return, and a "Yoda" type character (not sure what that race is called). Actually, I think all previous characters should return in some form or another, whether in your party or not.
 SaeseeJim
08-28-2005, 12:19 AM
a Female wookiee to see if they are as powerful as male wookiees, and an Iktotchi or a Kel-Dor
 ForceFightWMe12
08-29-2005, 9:38 AM
a Female wookiee to see if they are as powerful as male wookiees, and an Iktotchi or a Kel-Dor

Okay, no offense to you or any of the other pro-wookie people out there, but i'm not sure i want another wookie life-debt. the whole thing can get a little annoying.

First you've got Zalbaar who pledges you his life-debt but refuses to tell you anything about himself until you go to Kashyyk. Then, in KOTOR II, you've got a crazed idiot wookie running after you trying to kill Mira and end his life debt. A little annoying.
 starmark2k
08-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Okay, no offense to you or any of the other pro-wookie people out there, but i'm not sure i want another wookie life-debt. the whole thing can get a little annoying.

First you've got Zalbaar who pledges you his life-debt but refuses to tell you anything about himself until you go to Kashyyk. Then, in KOTOR II, you've got a crazed idiot wookie running after you trying to kill Mira and end his life debt. A little annoying.

I partly agree with you the life dept part is getting quite old but i think you do need a wookie in it even if its only an option.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Chiss were unknown until NJO

The Chiss were introduced with Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Thrawn Trilogy and the best space-sim ever Tie Fighter.
I would love a Chiss.

A Wookiee is a must, a Kel-Dor would be just cool and a Twi'lek woman should be there for eye-candy :)
 ForceFightWMe12
08-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I partly agree with you the life dept part is getting quite old but i think you do need a wookie in it even if its only an option.

Okay, maybe you do need a wookie. After all, they're pretty handy when all you need is brute force.

A Wookiee is a must, A Kel-Dor would be just cool and a Twi'lek woman should be there for eye-candy

I think that maybe a Twi'lek should be added into the party...although maybe not for the same reasons as you though...
 _Phaedrus_
08-29-2005, 6:32 PM
Twi'lek as party member? I guess that would be okay. As long as he/she can actually do stuff and isn't colored an obscene shade of blue, I could get used to it.

Personally, I think we need a humanform maintenance doird named Lopez who speaks spanish. kthnxdrvthru. :P
 Irae
08-29-2005, 7:51 PM
what about a holocron?
like a teacher for the jedi which u are..,
and yeah, kel-dor (maybe female (never seen this one)) is good or eventually that female twi-lek ;)
also bothan race is good, they are wise though, or ... hmm, let me think...
...sebulba's kind..? =PPP
 Commas
08-29-2005, 7:59 PM
...sebulba's kind..? =PPP

he's a dug (http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/dug/index.html)
 Irae
08-29-2005, 8:08 PM
surething, i'd just lost it from my mind =)
anyway if i said a dug, not everyone could know what i've meant...
but when i say "sebulba's kind"... lol it just reminds me how he is funny =P
 Vince Trageton
08-30-2005, 7:07 AM
The Chiss were introduced with Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Thrawn Trilogy and the best space-sim ever Tie Fighter.
I would love a Chiss.

OK, this is a little off-topic, but I think the chiss as such weren't mentioned in the Thrawn trilogy. There he was just some nonhuman. I think what he meant was that the chiss as a race, a people, were discovered in the NJO series, since they came from some unknown regions as well.

OK; rant over.

As for the Wookiee thing ... well, I have hardly had him in my ingame party in K1 or K2, so I probably won't miss one.

An interesting aspect would be indeed to have Revan and the Exile appear, be it PC ro not. I'd be rather interested in their confrontation, after all, the Exile had left Revan after the battle of Malachor V. there could be old grudges and such things.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-30-2005, 9:14 PM
OK, this is a little off-topic, but I think the chiss as such weren't mentioned in the Thrawn trilogy. There he was just some nonhuman. I think what he meant was that the chiss as a race, a people, were discovered in the NJO series, since they came from some unknown regions as well.

The word Chiss is mentionned but you are right, they, as a race, weren't specifically mentionned.

Besides, he's the coolest Chiss ever.
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-31-2005, 5:55 AM
Okay...

Here are my characters:

Revan should be the playable character. But please make him a non-Force user class at the beginning.

There should be a Kreia-like character, only ligh-side, more like... Obi-Wan Kenobi. :D Called Dorian, a Jedi Master.

The Exile should be a party member, the Exile's gender is determined through conversation. If the Exile's a LS Male, you get a character called Ryan Pano (clone of Pierce Brosnan). If the Exile is LS Female, you get a blond woman called Allana Fayden. Dorian and the Exile should be the first two party member's to join you crew.

Carth should join you also, he is definaetly one of the most important characters in the game.

What about Bastila?! It would be CRIMINAL not to bring her back.

I want Mission to come back... You too, Big Z.

Juhani should return also.

One of the worst crimes would be: Not to bring Jolee back. Bring him back.

Come back, Canderous.

Dustil should be a part of your crew.

HK-47 and T3-M4 definaetly are coming back.

Atton should join up.

Brianna also.

Bao-Dur without question.

No doubt that Mira will come back also.

I'm counting on the Disciple.

Now the bad guys:

Kreia should return in Ghost Form.

Sion should also come back.

Griff should be a bad guy.

Head of Czerka.

Head of the Exchange.

Dark Lord of the Sith (Sith'Ari): Niqra'Vorg
 Vince Trageton
08-31-2005, 7:45 AM
You could just have said 'every major character from K1 and K2 plus a few others'

Anyway, I doubt Carth will join your party. He's a fleet admiral now, and I don't remember many flag officers returning to that kind of 'active' duty.

As for Mission and Zaalbar, dunno. I was never too fond of those 'teenage sidekicks' Well, I guess I'm growing too old ... :D

Canderous was cool, I think he deserves a comeback, be it himself or in his role of Mandalore.

I definitely want Bastila back, this jedi princess was one of my favorite characters.

The idea of bringing in the Sith'ari sounds rather interesting. After all Revan was off to fight the 'true' sith. Featuring the Sith'ari - or some Sithlord who wants to become the Sith'ari (possible?) would surely beef things up.
 Bastila
08-31-2005, 3:29 PM
You got to remeber that your going to get new party members as well.
 nas77
08-31-2005, 8:18 PM
Besides, he's the coolest Chiss ever.
More than that, he's probably the coolest character ever.

Anyway, I don't really mind who comes back and who doesn't, apart from the big two: Revan and the Exile have to return.
 jblue789
08-31-2005, 9:33 PM
I say no Revan or Exile as PCs or party members. But they have to be there as NPCs. How do you make it so that neither are put into too much detail, possibly ruining some little things? Have them both wear masks >XD Revan wears his/her old mask, while Exile wear's Nihilus' mask. :O Some early conversation would have to set them to male/female and light/dark. And why would they wear the masks if they were light? Well, maybe they found the True Sith and their presence forever tainted them, and some forcey magical thing or something in the masks reduced the risk of a breakout of dark stuff?

As for other characters, T3 and HK are probably required :P Maybe at the end you could have them be destroyed, or left somewhere. D: P:< Also, some other old characters from K1 and K2 are a must. If not as party members, at least as NPCs. An adult Mission would be kewl. :O Also, what if the time between both was a lot more than the earlier 4 years? What if it was several decades :O O_O Anyways... that would probably fit more for a transition from trilogy to another trilogy. There has to be some old master person. Maybe like a hidden Jedi, who had kinda lost his way and became more of a grey person (like Kreia and stuff, only doesn't turn out to be evil at the end...)And he/she met you (the PC obviously :O) and taught you from a young age. It would be interesting to start as a trained (though in a more unorthodox fashion) Jedi, already knowing some force powers and stuff. Maybe have you start at a higher level than just 1. And the prologue stuff could be you going through your training. .-.

The last two had too little alien party members, at least for me. And the pool for the possible party members should be quite big, with a few mandatory ones. And other stuff.
 Traveler
09-02-2005, 2:47 PM
As far as returning characters, I'd like to see Yuthura from K1 make another appearance. I realize you'd have to assume the player didn't kill her off, but, in my opinion, she was one of the few strong female characters in the series so far.

Or, if they do provide a twilek NPC, let's please not have another wuss like Mission...:)

I'd also really like to see a DS Yoda character(don't know what his race is called). I just think it could be funny to have one of the ultimate "light sided race" characters be evil.
 Bob Lion54
09-02-2005, 3:05 PM
Or, if they do provide a twilek NPC, let's please not have another wuss like Mission...:)

Hey! I liked Mission.

Welcome to LF!
 nas77
09-02-2005, 3:36 PM
I'd also really like to see a DS Yoda character(don't know what his race is called). I just think it could be funny to have one of the ultimate "light sided race" characters be evil.
Yeah I'd like to see that as well, it would be a really cool character. btw anyone know what Yoda's species is called?
 Bastila
09-02-2005, 3:58 PM
Yeah I'd like to see that as well, it would be a really cool character. btw anyone know what Yoda's species is called?

No one knows what there are called or where there from.
 Achilles
09-02-2005, 4:32 PM
As you can see here, GL never named Yoda's species.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/index.html)
 RedHawke
09-03-2005, 1:17 AM
:eyeraise: What? How could you not like our precious little blue twilek! :xp:

Oh well... to each their own! :)
 Aurora Merlow
09-03-2005, 2:31 AM
As long as it has Revan, Bastila and Carth not fussed

A mixture from kotor and TSL would be good
 DarthLinde
09-03-2005, 8:22 PM
I don't know why but for some reason I think a gamorrean would be a good party member.
 Jeff
09-03-2005, 9:02 PM
I don't know why but for some reason I think a gamorrean would be a good party member.I don't. And I think many would agree with me. Why would a Gammorean be hanging around a Jedi?
 fresnosmokey02
09-03-2005, 9:10 PM
Isn't there a gommorean jedi in the NJO book series?
 Jeff
09-03-2005, 9:17 PM
Isn't there a gommorean jedi in the NJO book series?
I haven't read them, but I hope not. I was planning on starting to read them pretty soon, but if there's a gammorean jedi...

:xp:
 DarthLinde
09-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't. And I think many would agree with me. Why would a Gammorean be hanging around a Jedi?
Well, like Jabba used them, generations of Hutts have. This one is much more intellegent than the rest and wants to destroy Motza the Hutt so he'll have all the power on Nal Hutta.
 montnoir
09-04-2005, 5:22 AM
Gammorreans as a species aren't intelligent - EVER and most certainly not intellectual.
 starmark2k
09-04-2005, 6:04 AM
I Think the gamorian was genetically enhanced in NJO, I don't think he was a jedi he was just apart of the wrath fighter squadron.
 ExtreamJedi12
09-04-2005, 8:08 AM
Maybe the could add a Yuuzhan Vong charecter.
 starmark2k
09-04-2005, 8:49 AM
Maybe the could add a Yuuzhan Vong charecter.

The Yuuzhan Vong won't be discovered for another 4000 years
 lukeiamyourdad
09-04-2005, 4:50 PM
I was planning on starting to read them pretty soon, but if there's a gammorean jedi...:xp:

Only because of that?! :rolleyes:
 fresnosmokey02
09-04-2005, 5:35 PM
I Think the gamorian was genetically enhanced in NJO, I don't think he was a jedi he was just apart of the wrath fighter squadron.

I thought he might have been part of Wraith squadron, which is composed of all jedi pilots. But he may have been part of Rogue squadron. And yes, he was genetically enhanced and much more intelligent than your run of the mill gamorrean.
 DarthLinde
09-04-2005, 10:25 PM
I have know idea what your talking about.(Only know about the movies and kotor) I have a better idea! Instead, lets brake into a hutt base and kill the gammoreans! (Don't know why I wanted one in the first place)
 fresnosmokey02
09-04-2005, 11:33 PM
I have know idea what your talking about.(Only know about the movies and kotor) I have a better idea! Instead, lets brake into a hutt base and kill the gammoreans! (Don't know why I wanted one in the first place)

Sounds good to me!
 dragon2sword
09-05-2005, 7:51 AM
i think u should hav a yoda species character :)
 Aurora Merlow
09-05-2005, 8:07 AM
Yeh how good would that be, a little yoda flying around with a lightsabre. Maybe he could be like a mentor that guides you through the unknown regions
 fresnosmokey02
09-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeh how good would that be, a little yoda flying around with a lightsabre. Maybe he could be like a mentor that guides you through the unknown regions

Ya, we always think of Yoda (and in turn his species, because we have no other examples - and Vandar is the same) as old and wise, a jedi master, council member, and one who sends knights off on their adventures. What would a whatever-that-species-is be like as a young padawan or knight, not so wise, full of energy and adventure? Or even one turned to the dark side?
 starmark2k
09-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Ya, we always think of Yoda (and in turn his species, because we have no other examples - and Vandar is the same) as old and wise, a jedi master, council member, and one who sends knights off on their adventures. What would a whatever-that-species-is be like as a young padawan or knight, not so wise, full of energy and adventure? Or even one turned to the dark side?

Perhaps you could go to their homeworld and finally give them a name. although this would make them less mysterious.
 ExtreamJedi12
09-05-2005, 10:51 AM
The Yuuzhan Vong won't be discovered for another 4000 years
Yeah. Maybe a Wookie Jedi.
 *Yoinked*
09-05-2005, 2:24 PM
Maybe a Trandoshan instead of a wookie, I mean they are just as strong, plus cooler in my mind.

Also, what about a Assembler, like Kudar Mubat (sp?) from the Bounty Hunter Wars, instead of a hutt for all of the bounties, i mean Hutts are getting pretty old, and it would be pretty sweet to kill for a spider, and get paid by little banking nodes and all...
 nas77
09-05-2005, 5:19 PM
Or one who isn't force sensitive; instead he's a rough-around-the-edges scoundrel with his own smuggling vessel. Now that would be different.
 MasterWakt
09-05-2005, 10:42 PM
My thoughts . . .

Bastila and Carth should be playable characters in the beginning tutorial. They are searching through the asteroid field of the remains of Malachor V for any sign of what happened to the Exile, maybe about a year after TSL. Bastila feels something in the force and decides to land on a relatively large asteroid, only to be ambushed by Sith Assassins. [ They will not be playable afterwards. ]

You just so happen to be a Jedi Apprentice on the cusp of becoming a Jedi Knight -- the only thing holding you back from becoming one is the lack of your master, Brianna, who has travelled to Coruscant to find out if she was the only one who sensed a distress call from Bastila only a few days ago. [ You are re-united with her eventually in the game. ]

Bao-Dur and T3-M4 are still hard at work on the Telos Restoration Project. HK-47 is in the outlying areas of the system, too, attempting a solo search for the HK-50 factory.

So basically, in this suggestion, the returning characters would be the Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, and the two droids.

The new characters would be Kelborn (I love the idea, he-who-came-up-with-the-idea-earlier-in-this-topic), a male Chadra-Fan mechanic (always in conflict with Bao-Dur), a male Rodian smuggler, a male Twi'lek who supposedly works for the Genohardan, a female human pilot, and a female assassin. All of the characters have the ability to become Jedi, with the exception of those who are already Jedi, the droids, and Kelborn.

------------

Much longer and in-depth than I was hoping for. o_o
 ExtreamJedi12
09-10-2005, 9:31 AM
My thoughts . . .

Bastila and Carth should be playable characters in the beginning tutorial. They are searching through the asteroid field of the remains of Malachor V for any sign of what happened to the Exile, maybe about a year after TSL. Bastila feels something in the force and decides to land on a relatively large asteroid, only to be ambushed by Sith Assassins. [ They will not be playable afterwards. ]

You just so happen to be a Jedi Apprentice on the cusp of becoming a Jedi Knight -- the only thing holding you back from becoming one is the lack of your master, Brianna, who has travelled to Coruscant to find out if she was the only one who sensed a distress call from Bastila only a few days ago. [ You are re-united with her eventually in the game. ]

Bao-Dur and T3-M4 are still hard at work on the Telos Restoration Project. HK-47 is in the outlying areas of the system, too, attempting a solo search for the HK-50 factory.

So basically, in this suggestion, the returning characters would be the Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, and the two droids.

The new characters would be Kelborn (I love the idea, he-who-came-up-with-the-idea-earlier-in-this-topic), a male Chadra-Fan mechanic (always in conflict with Bao-Dur), a male Rodian smuggler, a male Twi'lek who supposedly works for the Genohardan, a female human pilot, and a female assassin. All of the characters have the ability to become Jedi, with the exception of those who are already Jedi, the droids, and Kelborn.

------------

Much longer and in-depth than I was hoping for. o_o

Nice. What creativity. u have an imagination on u.
 Vince Trageton
09-10-2005, 6:53 PM
Yeah, rather nice ideas. I especially like the thought of Kelborn and Brianna.

Also, just a thought - an interesting new feature might be romances between npcs, maybe depending on your actions and words.
 *Yoinked*
09-10-2005, 7:34 PM
Also, just a thought - an interesting new feature might be romances between npcs, maybe depending on your actions and words.

Teh coolness! Nice idea! Like maybe if you went DS, and turned one of your characters he would get together with the DS lady jedi, as compared to you as LS, with him together with the DS lady jedi, or something like that.
 Vince Trageton
09-13-2005, 2:05 PM
taking this even further, such a relationship could spice things up, e.g. jeallousy evolves between you and the character because both of you are after the same person etc.... I sense DS potetial there ....
 RobQel-Droma
09-20-2005, 5:34 PM
I think that HK-47 and T3-M3 should be there, KOTOR would not be the same without them, I also think that you should at least have the choice to have a wookie. I also think that you should be able to turn thim to the light side or the dark side. It might be cool if maybe Vima Sunrider (Nomi Sunrider's daughter), would be a main female character, or perhaps even her daughter. After all, Vima was originally going to be the Bastila character but then got removed in KOTOR 1.
I have heard people suggest that Dustin Onasi should be there, and he would be a cool character as a main one, but depending on how you played KOTOR, he might be dead.

I also like that idea.
Finally, i think you should have a lot of choice as to your characters with a wide assortment of aliens, humans, and others. It also would be cool if you could build your own little droid and have him come along with you autimatically kinda like Bao-Dur and his remote.
Page: 3 of 4