Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Commando 2?

Page: 1 of 5
 [Nizzemancer]
08-04-2005, 5:58 AM
Will there be one? I for one want a sequel...

If it's allready in progress would you please point me in the right direction?
 BeBop
08-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry nothing has been announced or even hinted at. Even though RC is perfect for a sequel. I mean look at the way it left off. Perfect. As of now there is no plan to make one. Though who knows, maybe Lucasarts will surprise us.
 Sabretooth
08-07-2005, 1:28 AM
There were rumours of an "Imperial Commando" before, wherein you become an Imperial Commando (what a surprise) and hunt down Jedi and Rebels. It's a great idea, if you ask me and has a lot of potential. I mean, imagine Delta Squad in a silver-black armour with a red visor!
 BeBop
08-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah but the rumours never got beyond that. Some people tried to make a mod that would turn the game into Imperial Commando, but it died off a long time ago.
 TK-425
08-13-2005, 8:58 PM
No, just never got off the ground yet. The LF thing didn't help either.
 Nokill
08-19-2005, 4:59 AM
yust wait for a good modding team to make a good mod for it :D
 Magnadroid
08-19-2005, 6:59 AM
i hope they do make a sequal coz they made a perfect ending with a great place to carry on. And it would be cool if you coul pick a squad from either the clones, empire, CIS and imperial
 Assault3000
08-19-2005, 1:19 PM
The only other Republic Commando game I'm aware of is the Cell Phone game "Republic Commando: Order 66" that's listed on Gamespot. It displays Boss, Scorch and Fixer on the cover and it's based around hunting down the last of the Jedi.
 Bastila
08-20-2005, 9:48 AM
if there is i hopes its harder and longer
 Kurgan
08-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Sorry nothing has been announced or even hinted at. Even though RC is perfect for a sequel. I mean look at the way it left off. Perfect. As of now there is no plan to make one. Though who knows, maybe Lucasarts will surprise us.

He's right. Everything right now is pure speculation and wishful thinking. Sadly...

Every other thread posted on the official LA forums is asking about RC2, so you should feel lucky!

Though I wish they had patched up the MP game instead of abandoning it. I'd rather see that first before a full fledged sequel. Or would they do like with SWBF.... ie: instead of fixing a broken MP game, release a sequel that does what they advertised the first time around? ;P
 TK-425
08-21-2005, 8:09 AM
Don't doubt it. I would be expecting that from LA, its a wonderful way to get twice as much cash from us.
 AT-ATNemesis
09-11-2005, 9:48 AM
Republic commado werent as popular as battlefront
thats why they are making Battlefront 2 but not republic commando 2
Ill check lucasarts web for signs though
I liked Republic Commando but once u had completed it there wasn't anything 2 do after
 Motherhugger
09-25-2005, 1:27 PM
if they do make a republic commando 2 it would be better to leave off with the same characters and "SEV" coming back only against the RCs and now delta squad are stormtroopers but with the same interchangable weaponary
 MachineCult
10-16-2005, 7:50 PM
Republic commado werent as popular as battlefront
thats why they are making Battlefront 2 but not republic commando 2
Ill check lucasarts web for signs though
I liked Republic Commando but once u had completed it there wasn't anything 2 do after

Maybe they'll make RC2 next.
lol, when i finished Republic Commando i played it again.
 Darth_Terros
10-18-2005, 6:20 PM
The idea of a imperial commando game does things to me to rude to mention on a public forum
 SweatyPyro
10-22-2005, 7:22 PM
Is there an upload button for replying? I made an PC2 script a couple of months ago with my friend. I would like to upload it here and show you all if you people wouldn't mind.
 Kurgan
10-23-2005, 5:34 AM
Sorry only mods can post attachments. But you can put a link up if you like... go for it. Be sure to put your name and date on it!
 Crosshair
10-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Obviously making a second game should be great and i would be first in line to buy iy but theres a problem. The first game ended on Kashyyk which is the last place where the clone wars end. So I recommend they make a remake of RC instead of a sequel that way the skies the limit for new Enemies, worlds and enviromenments. Mainly new worlds i prefer to have less levels on more worlds. Did you guys know that if it wasn't for a few creative people the original RC was going to take place only on Geonosis. How boring would that have been fireing at giant insects for hours at a time.
 Kurgan
10-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Remake it, so soon? With what?

If they were going to create a multiplayer only "companion sequel" for it (like Epic did with Unreal/Unreal Tournament) I'd be in favor of that. ;)

If they'd refined the MP format, put in the usual features of modern FPS games, etc. it could have been quite cool. Done right, I'd definately buy something like that.

On the other hand, they wouldn't need to follow Delta Squad. If they were literally following the movies, they'd have to skip around with Order 66. But they could also have had later missions where you hunt down the remaining Jedi (assuming Vader didn't do that part all by himself) in the 20 years between trilogies.

They have plenty of "time" to make a sequel, the question is, would the events they cover (other than the direct Episode III stuff) be of internet to many gamers? Then again, they did make up a lot of stuff for this game...
 Fortnox
10-31-2005, 10:32 AM
IMO if there is a sequel it should have co-op :) that would rock
 Samurai DD
11-02-2005, 2:03 PM
Yeah, the sequel needs co-op play.

And, the sequel shouldn't be Republic Commando II, it should be... IMPERIAL Commando!!!
 sev_07
11-03-2005, 1:15 PM
battlefront 2 is awesome!! they went from 2 player co-op on the first Battlefront to 4 players on the sequal. if they make either Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando, it should be a 4 player co-op as Ghost Recon or some of the other swat team based games are coming out now.
 Samurai DD
11-03-2005, 4:12 PM
Great idea! *thumbs up*
 sev_07
11-03-2005, 9:18 PM
thanx man. any new news on this? me new here
 Fortnox
11-04-2005, 9:59 AM
battlefront 2 is awesome!! they went from 2 player co-op on the first Battlefront to 4 players on the sequal
actualy you can have up to 68 players on SWBF2 online on the PC, infact I think it might be unlimited
and co-op should be a 4-player clone team (who work just like Delta sqaud, can rev, same waeapons, etc.) and have a mission, the other team is a 4-6 player team of Tradoshans/who ever you are fighting at that time, trying to stop you completing your mission, with the ability to command NPC's to prepare for attack, fortify, prepare defences, cover you, or come with you and ambush Delta Sqaud
 sev_07
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
my bad fortnox, i failed to mention that i was referring to the xbox version.
 Kurgan
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
There's still nothing, zero, zilch, nada on a "Republic Commando 2."

Give it up! If any news happens we'll know. ;) And there's a whole forum to discuss SWBF2... no offense!
 JokotoFett
04-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I heard that it's going to be at the E3 covention this year.
 Chaos™
04-17-2006, 2:09 PM
When's E3?
And yes they should definately make a sequel with all the problems fixed and the MP improved etc.
 scout_zero
04-17-2006, 5:57 PM
If they make RC2, then theyshould put more missions and less linear gameplay.
 JokotoFett
05-16-2006, 12:28 AM
More missions would be nice.
 Niner_777
05-17-2006, 4:18 PM
I thought that the game was very well made. The thing that I really would have liked better though was if it was longer. MORE MISSIONS! Maybe more weapons too, though the game worked out nicely with the amount of weapons.

What ideas for missions do you think could have been put in the game?
 1_337
06-09-2006, 3:51 AM
I think you should have the clone mini gun. The tran. version was pathetic in combat + it didn't look cool enough on a commando.

Mult.:
On Mult. Player the two teams should be RCs vs. Trandos. it's perfect.

Rumor:
I hear that in the first mission SEV hase both of his legs broken and you have to carry him to the ship.
 MachineCult
06-09-2006, 5:03 AM
You hear? Where did you hear that then?

They should have more weapons for each species so they can have Geonosians and the CIS in MP.
 1_337
06-09-2006, 5:19 PM
Alright you lost me buddy.
 MachineCult
06-09-2006, 5:21 PM
Imbecile.
Rumor:
I hear that in the first mission SEV hase both of his legs broken and you have to carry him to the ship.
Where did you hear that bulls**t rumour?
 Niner_777
06-14-2006, 2:24 PM
I'd like to know where you heard that too. For some reason I don't quite believe you yet. >.>
 Echo-7
06-15-2006, 3:23 PM
']Will there be one? I for one want a sequel...

If it's allready in progress would you please point me in the right direction?

I think there will be, because (i think seven) seven got kidnapped at the end of the last level, if u remember. But dont ask me, what story it could be.
 mdb76
06-24-2006, 1:36 PM
I am not a big enough follower of SW to make a recommendation for a story line for Republic Commando 2 but I have some ideas I would like to see.

1. Return of Sev - While on on a mission on Trandosha, they encounter a droid or Trandoshan carrying a Republic Commando weapon that seems 'familiar'. This raises question amongst the pod regarding the loss of Sev. Returning from the mission during their debriefing they are strangely granted 'leave'. Just so happens they are passing near Kashyyyk. (wink wink). Obviously they decide to 'drop in'. No prizes for guessing the rest.

2. I would love to see more non combative features in the game. Get to know the characters better. Perhaps things get worked into the storyline. Repairs/non combative missions ect where information is overheard and turns out to be good intel or something like that. This will help break up the 'boom boom boom ' action.

3. Extra combative interaction: How about some vehicles - especially air combat. :) I would also like the option of perhaps capturing enemies instead of killing them. This opens up the idea of interogation - Could you include interogation into a FPS?

4. Include Wookies into your team. I would love to be able to include armed Wookies in my team at different stages. Have them as part of the team or instruct them to act on their own or as part of an independant group.

These are just my thoughts. I would LOVE to see a sequel. Especially if it remains true to the original.

MDB
 t65flyer
06-24-2006, 3:09 PM
People have already said this but *it's a really good idea* :p ...
I thought this might make a good co-op game (in campaign). Play as any member of the squad (SP or co-op). Or have a different player character (squad member) for each level ( i.e. level 1: Boss, level 2: Scorch, etc.).

Another thought... Perhaps give each member of the squad an advantage in their area of expertise; for example, Fixer slices faster than the others, Scorch carries more AA rounds, Sev carries more sniper rounds, and Boss gives the orders (like the original).
 Kurgan
06-24-2006, 6:31 PM
Chill out, MachineCult!

Anyway, I think a few of us were hoping that we'd learn something at last month's E3, but no word has come of any planned sequels or expansions, not even rumors!

So it's still just a dream for now... mod makers are our only hope.
 mdb76
06-25-2006, 5:36 AM
Perhaps a campaign in the real world. An online petition or a letter writing campaign?
 Niner_777
06-25-2006, 7:02 PM
I liked those ideas that you came up with. I'd also like to see things similar to those in RC2.
 mdb76
06-26-2006, 4:56 PM
Just thought I would brag - Yesterday I played RC begining to end non stop. It only took a tidy 9 1/2 hours to do it. Its the second time I played it all the way through since I bought it 6 days ago. I LOVE Republic Commando!

Anyone else had marathons like this? I havn't done anything like this since I was a teen. By the way, any other girls members here?

MdB
 Skull Meister
06-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Did any of you hear of these stories being written by some stranger based on Republic Commando?

I don't know much about them but for all you guys who are so desperate for a sequel, why don't you give it a try?
It sounds interesting.

Just Google
 Niner_777
06-29-2006, 7:32 PM
Do you mean write our own stories?
 Skull Meister
07-02-2006, 10:11 AM
No!
Novels written by some guy who was inspired by the game, he wrote stories continuing the story of the game.

Anyway...
Check this (http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/starwarsrepubliccommando/mod.html) out.

An actual mod for the PC game which adds an extra mission to look for Sev, but there are poor instructions on how to install the mod. Try it out.
If it works for you, tell me how, it doesn't work for me.
 Niner_777
07-03-2006, 9:33 AM
I can try it. If it works, I'll tell you.
 cingular_hawaii
07-30-2006, 2:15 AM
Alright you lost me buddy.

I have been reading this thread 4 LONG time and i have been lost since i started out DOOD
 Niner_777
07-30-2006, 6:51 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet, lol.
Page: 1 of 5