Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the new ranking system?

Page: 1 of 1
 MdKnightR
07-30-2005, 1:34 AM
I noticed that I am now merely a "Registered User" and instead of Bantha Fodder, the newbies are Bantha Cleaners. What is the new system?
 Jeff
07-30-2005, 2:28 AM
They probably haven't made new ranks yet for the new forum. I hope they make new ones custom for swk, because there are no tuskens or stormtroopers or ewoks in kotor.
 Darth333
07-30-2005, 2:43 AM
There are still a few things to fix and it looks like this is one of them. Don't worry it will be taken care of in due time ;)

now let's try this move thread button...
 Bob Lion54
07-30-2005, 2:53 AM
Are the highlighted usernames comming back? Right now, all the names that used to "glow" are just a bit "thicker" than the rest.
 Darth333
07-30-2005, 3:04 AM
Are the highlighted usernames comming back? Right now, all the names that used to "glow" are just a bit "thicker" than the rest.
I don't know if they will ever come back. For now the only names that are "thicker" are the moderators' (in bold) and the admins' (bold and Italic).
 MdKnightR
07-30-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry. I thought this would be a thread appropriate to the Republic Newsfeed since it wasn't a feedback comment. It was more of a question that would concern everyone.
 Prime
07-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't know if they will ever come back. For now the only names that are "thicker" are the moderators' (in bold) and the admins' (bold and Italic).I am also bold, so this works out for me quite well. :)

oh, and where do you change your title? I didn't see it in the profile or options screens...

It's some place really obvious, isn't it...
 ChAiNz.2da
07-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I am also bold, so this works out for me quite well. :)

oh, and where do you change your title? I didn't see it in the profile or options screens...

You're not alone... I can't find it either :giveup:

But methinks they're working on stuff in the background... earlier there wasn't an option to upload a custom avatar, but now the feature is there... sneaky devs is my vote.. hehehe
 Jeff
07-30-2005, 12:25 PM

It must not be obvious, because I can't find it anywhere... I looked in every single user cp link...
 Darth333
07-30-2005, 12:42 PM
It must not be obvious, because I can't find it anywhere... I looked in every single user cp link...
hehe well don't look for it...hope you like your custom title for now... the title thing was a custom hack added to vb2 and it has not been added to the new forums yet. But don't worry, it will be fixed in due time ;)

Edit: it's fixed! :thumbsup:

lol we have a Prince Charles smilie: :ears1:
 Soogz
07-30-2005, 8:34 PM
I am also curious to see what this new ranking system is, can't wait.
 warchild75
08-07-2005, 7:06 AM
I know there is a lot of work still to do on this site but i was wondering if anybody knew roughly when the ranking system was going to be introduced.I have noticed that some members who have only a couple of hundred posts are getting there status back.Any ideas. :)
 Darth333
08-07-2005, 9:46 AM
:wid:

A little more patience ;) There's a lot to do on the boards and some bug fixing remains to be done. It may not be apparent but there are a lot of little things, especially some adjustments for each browser type...and those who are working on this need to sleep, eat and go to work too.
 Char Ell
08-13-2005, 1:00 PM
OK, we're two weeks post-vb3 migration. Any news on when our ranking system will be implemented? I've posted enough now to no longer be a lowly bantha cleaner and I believe would be a pit droid under the old ranking system. I would like our new ranking system to be more reflective of characters within KotOR though...
 Darth333
08-13-2005, 2:34 PM
It's being looked at. It just happens to be a little more complicated than expected as the vb3 and vb2 features are different and the previous hack cannot be imported as is.
 Char Ell
08-13-2005, 2:44 PM
Allll-righty then. Thanks for the update, Darth333. And it would seem that congrats are in order for your promotion from Super Mod to Admin. You sure didn't spend much time in the Super Mod role. It would seem that the LF staff promotes those who are well deserving and have earned their respect, even if they are a dark sider. ;)

EDIT: OK, so I found the "Congratulations Darth333 (again)" thread after I posted this. I don't know how I missed it before. :fist: And even if your admin status is temporary the action does show that the LF staff highly regards your abilities and contributions.
 warchild75
09-09-2005, 5:05 PM
Its been a while now and i do appreciate all the other work that needs doing but just wondered if i could be updated on how the ranking system is going and if you have any ideas when it will be introduced.Thanks. :)
 Darth333
09-09-2005, 5:45 PM
At this time I don't know what happens with this but I can check. Last time I heard about it, the way our old system, which was a custom hack, was made makes it very complicated re-establish a new one.
 The Doctor
10-02-2005, 4:24 PM
If the titlte editing tool has been fixed, where is it? I assume the title is right under your name...
 Bob Lion54
10-03-2005, 9:46 AM
^^^^
You have to have at least 1,000 post to have a custom title.
 Rogue Nine
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Right. There can be no other good coming out of this thread. You know there will be no titles until we take care of the hack, so just sit tight.
Page: 1 of 1