Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I have everything at level 99(spoiler?). Please help.

Page: 1 of 1
 VSTM
05-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure I have everything and I'm in meat circus, right before fighting the butcher, and I'm at level 99. I sorted all the baggage, found all the figments, found all the cards and cobwebs, found all the psi challenge markers, and cashed everything in.

Do I gain a level later, like after beating the butcher or beating the game?

There's always the chance that I just forgot a challenge marker somewhere, but I checked all the likely places and I'm pretty sure I found them all. So, unless there was some obscure, small zone with a challenge marker I missed, I don't think that's it.

I don't want to beat the rest of the last level if I'm not going to get to level 100, because I already beat it at a lower level.

I know I can gain an extra level by beating the punch game in oleander's course, but I would really rather not. I hate that game. It was easy in the demo, but hard in the full game...it feels like it gets harder every time I play too.

I just want to see the final cut scene. It's really frustrating to do all that work and then not get it. That seems to be the story of my life, really.

Maybe it's a bug, or maybe one of the doors in the brain tumbler is wrong and I'm actually missing a figment or something. I'm pretty sure I have everything.
 Metallus
05-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Go back to Oleander's head and beat the punching puzzle a bunch of times for a bonus rank if you can't figure out what's wrong. (The second to last round I found to be the hardest..)

PUNCHY PUNCHY PUNCH!
 VSTM
05-15-2005, 11:03 PM
I know I can gain an extra level by beating the punch game in oleander's course, but I would really rather not. I hate that game. It was easy in the demo, but hard in the full game...it feels like it gets harder every time I play too.
 stray toaster
05-15-2005, 11:06 PM
If you have the PC version, you can access all the cut scene in the following game folder pychonauts/workresource/cutscenes/prerendered.

the video files are all encoded with bink, and end in a file extension of .bik the one in question is ASAH.bik, which happens to be the first file alphabeticaly. To view this video files you can go to http://www.radgametools.com) (http://www.radgametools.com/default.htm)
and download the bink video tools, and watch all the cutscenes til your heart is content.

granted thats not as rewarding as getting to level 100... but as machiavelli said, "the end justifies the means."
 VSTM
05-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by stray toaster
If you have the PC version, you can access all the cut scene in the following game folder pychonauts/workresource/cutscenes/prerendered.

the video files are all encoded with bink, and end in a file extension of .bik the one in question is ASAH.bik, which happens to be the first file alphabeticaly. To view this video files you can go to http://www.radgametools.com) (http://www.radgametools.com/default.htm)
and download the bink video tools, and watch all the cutscenes til your heart is content.

granted thats not as rewarding as getting to level 100... but as machiavelli said, "the end justifies the means."

I was considering that, but I didn't know which one it was. Thanks.

If I can, I would like to do it the proper way though. I would still very much like to know why I'm not level 100.

Does anyone know if you get another level during or after the butcher fight?
 AceFox
05-16-2005, 12:42 AM
I think I might know the solution to your situation. [stretching my knuckles with a smug look on]

After you collect everything at the meat circus, you need to go back to the fortune teller, and trade it in to rank up. ;)
 VSTM
05-16-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm pretty sure I have everything and I'm in meat circus, right before fighting the butcher, and I'm at level 99. I sorted all the baggage, found all the figments, found all the cards and cobwebs, found all the psi challenge markers, and cashed everything in.

I did that. I had 6 cards and 3 cobwebs. I then gained one rank.
 VSTM
05-16-2005, 1:07 AM
Am I correct to assume that you need to be rank 97 before "the point of no return" to reach 100?

You get one for the figments in the meat circust, one for the 3 cobwebs + 6 cards found previously, and one for the emotional baggage.
 pond_scumm
05-16-2005, 3:11 AM
You don't need to be that high of a level to get 100 before the point of no return. However, you DO have to get everything on the campgrounds before that point because, fittingly enough, you can't return there. Thats why the game saves automatically, so you can go back and get everything for 100 in case you missed it. Also, after that rail that you grind in the second part of the meat circus right before the butcher, thats the last place you will see figments or anything. Basically once you go through that door theres nothing to do but beat the game

So, to summarize: You must get everything on the campground before the point of no return because you will not be able to return there to get it. Stuff in the collective unconscious is fairgame for the entire game.
 AceFox
05-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pond_scumm
So, to summarize: You must get everything on the campground before the point of no return because you will not be able to return there to get it. Stuff in the collective unconscious is fairgame for the entire game.

Nicely said. Obviously, you should have 0 Psi cards before you get on the roller coaster. Should have rank 99 as well I would think, but I don't remember.

One last thing, if it helps. I got rank 100 at the end of the roller coaster right before the final battle.
 dzobel
05-17-2005, 5:05 PM
As far as I know you do NOT reach a new level once you go into the tent to fight the Butcher. I reached level 100 in the courtyard outside the tent once I cashed in my cards from the figments from the rollercoaster, and I never beat the punch thing however many times you have to to get that extra level. So it looks like you're missing something. :( Sorry dude. The only thing I can think of is one of the Psi Challenge Markers because if you're at 0 Psi cards, 0 webs, etc... then you've gotten all of those.
 VSTM
05-17-2005, 7:47 PM
OH man! I feel so stupid now.

It was a psi challenge marker in the section with fred bonaparte and teglee(I forgot to write down it's name).

I looked for the challenger marker though, and can't find it. I thought I already found it.

Does anyone know where it is?
 stray toaster
05-17-2005, 8:35 PM
it is in the rafters right above teglee's head.
 sjack
05-17-2005, 9:36 PM
I think you also need to make sure that you get all the figments, cobwebs, and baggage out of the big top and tunnel of love before you actually enter the Butcher's tent. You can still get out to the collective unconcious after you've entered the butchers tent, but if you go back to the meat circus it will automatically take you over to the Butcher's tent or whatever level you've reached beyond that... I believe at no point is there a way to go back to the earlier stages of the meat circus.
 stevedroid
05-18-2005, 12:44 AM
I just want to see the final cut scene. It's really frustrating to do all that work and then not get it. That seems to be the story of my life, really.
No what's really frustrating is doing all that work and then finding out the one extra cutscene was SO not worth it.

I mean it's funny and all, but that's the extent of the hidden bonuses. If I had known you get so little I would have watched the cutscene in Bink ages ago instead of tearing my hair out trying to find figments. I mean even something as simple as being able to play through the game in Raz's psychonaut outfit would at least be somewhat worth it.

Not that i'm bitter or anything :D
 VSTM
05-19-2005, 5:43 AM
I found the last challenge marker and got to level 100. My only complaint was that there was one figment on the rollercoaster that I had to kill myself in order to get. I used up all of my lives(or mental projections, or whatever) and grabbed it on the very last one, getting kicked out of the mind/d shortly afterwards.

It's kind of funny, but it was really annoying at the time. Besides that, I didn't mind. I mean, considering the amount of time and effort spent creating the cutscene, getting a hundred percent was probably very easy. I spread out my figment finding and used a couple hints which made it easier and more enjoyable too. I wouldn't have seen the cows in Waterloo World, or some of the gags in Gloria's Theater if I hadn't been searching for figments.

I really wish there had been some sort of figment finder, like a scanner, or even just the ability to zoom in. I mean, Raz has googles, why not binoculars? That would have made the figment finding much easier. They're just so transparent, and the blend in...and what's up with the fairy figment hiding in waterloo world or the figment, and upgrade kind of hiding behind a curve in velvetopia? That was uncalled for.

And as far as awards for getting 100% goes, the cutscene is far above some of the others. Simpsons Hit and Run for example gives you some sort of little stamp or something...which is just lame.
 AceFox
07-11-2005, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by VSTM
And as far as awards for getting 100% goes, the cutscene is far above some of the others. Simpsons Hit and Run for example gives you some sort of little stamp or something...which is just lame.

A stamp? This is off-topic, but I played Simpsons Hit and Run for the GC and I unlocked an Itchy and Scratchy short after I got all the cards and gags. It was also lame but I think you forgot to trade it in. Yeah, I think you're talking about the ticket you get- you're supposed to use it to unlock the cartoon, silly :P

I don't think the Psychonauts movie was much better though. Should of had a making of psychonauts movie.
 VSTM
07-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I think the cartoon ticket was just for all the cards. If you got 100% of everything, you got a little stamp on your menu/book(or album, or whatever they called it). The cartoon wasn't too bad, so it was worth finding all the cards, but getting everything else was mostly a waste of time.
Page: 1 of 1