Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lack of colouring/Markings.

Page: 1 of 1
 Pho3nix
05-14-2005, 9:32 AM
I find it very irritating that the StormTroopers in the OT have no colour markings indicating rank. Though Clone Troopers have them, I find that very odd and I think they should have been added digitally in the OT DvD. Any comments on this ? o_O
 El Sitherino
05-14-2005, 11:21 AM
They're supposed to be like that. Uniformity = scary.
 Skinkie
05-14-2005, 11:25 AM
They're all equally bad shots, so no one could be promoted over the others.
 Darth Andrew
05-14-2005, 1:19 PM
True dat.;)
 TK-8252
05-14-2005, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
They're supposed to be like that. Uniformity = scary.

This man speaks the truth.

George did away with the colors and fancy designs to show how grim the Imperials are.

At the end of RotS, the Star Destroyers and V-Wings lack the red coloring they have at the start of the movie.
 Pho3nix
05-14-2005, 6:50 PM
Well...I still think it sucks :P
 Kurgan
05-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Pho3nix
I find it very irritating that the StormTroopers in the OT have no colour markings indicating rank. Though Clone Troopers have them, I find that very odd and I think they should have been added digitally in the OT DvD. Any comments on this ? o_O

Lucas: What was I thinking??!!

*changes OT again, releases new versions with colored markings added*

*fans payout to get the new version, like loyal dupes*

Personally I am glad the OT and the Prequels are not identical in every way. And I think attempts to make the Prequels and OT "gel better" in style or whatever should be done from the bottom up (ie: the Prequels should change to match the OT) not the other way around.

Stylistically, yes, Lucas's idea was to make the bad guys look "colorless." So as the Stormtroopers become evil (from the supposedly "good guy clones") they lose whatever bit of color they originally had, which was just for the benefit of Non-stormtroopers identifying them anyway.
 Konar
05-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Could also be a technique used to make the stars look extra special/better...
Page: 1 of 1