Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Invovling NPC's

Page: 1 of 1
 DS_Malak
05-07-2005, 8:49 PM
Okay, I am now making a map that goes with trials for a training group, that involves my clan, DS. For th 1st trial, it will be an easy map, easy to get around, but it will have 7 rooms, in 2 of the rooms, will contain NPC's, like bosses, that you have to fight.

Now, how do i make NPC chartacters in GTK-Radiant 1.4, and how do i get them to move, instead of just standing there, and i want them to be an easy diificulty to beat. Also, I want them to come after me and try to kill me as well.

I know there will be a link to another topic, but i would like an up-to-date easily readble description. If i appreciate the help given, i will put that you have helped me with the NPC's in the copyright description.

Thanks.

DS_Malak
 SMoKE
05-08-2005, 10:26 AM
You must add an NPC_npcname in your map. NPC_reborn etc.
Then, a Reborn will appear in-game where your NPC_reborn was placed.

To make it walk around, add the following key and value to it:
Key: spawnscript
Value: mp/wander

Then make some waypoints, and connect them. Then compile and test. The Reborn should be walking the track you made with the waypoints.

A reborn will automaticly follow you if it see you, so don't worry about that.
 DS_Malak
05-08-2005, 2:26 PM
okay, so i made a block, then I turned it into a waypoint, and it is a gold block, I havea bunch of them around my room now, what else do i have to do, so that the Reborns to each waypoint.

Also how do i get 2 reborns to take sort of the same waypoints..I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.
 SMoKE
05-08-2005, 2:37 PM
First, you'll have to connect the waypoints. Select the first one, and then the second one, and press Ctrl+K Then, a yellow line should appear between the two waypoints. Do this with the rest of the waypoints as well untill you have a route.

And have you added a reborn, and the
Key: spawnscript
Value: mp/wander

? If not, do that, and if you have multiple reborns nearby the waypoint-track, and they have the key and value as above, the will follow it.
 DS_Malak
05-08-2005, 2:57 PM
I have the Red NPC box, and then it connected to the 1st waypoint, which is connected to the next, and so on, I have a route, but I can't get my NPC to show up in game. Here is what I am using for the Entity list for the NPC Reborn.

spawnflags 8

target t13

classname NPC_Reborn

origin -1696 224 48

spawnscript mp/wander

I have all those but my Reborn will not show up.
 SMoKE
05-08-2005, 5:06 PM
Don't connect the NPC to the waypont-route. Only the waypoints themself should be connected, and the NPC should only be standing besides one of the waypoints. The entity-list is good. Keep that, and only connect the waypoints together. Then it should work;)
 DS_Malak
05-08-2005, 5:17 PM
But i still cannot get the NPC to show in game.
 SMoKE
05-08-2005, 5:20 PM
Hmm... Does an error-message appear in the console in-game when you load it?
 DS_Malak
05-08-2005, 6:07 PM
Yes i keep getting an error message, he is a screenshot of what i have gotten.

http://img119.echo.cx/img119/7656/error1re.gif)
 madjawa
05-09-2005, 2:40 AM
I think the npc name is wrong. Open entity option of the NPC and change the classname to NPC_Reborn_boss, or try NPC_Reborn ..
 SMoKE
05-09-2005, 8:56 AM
Hmm... I can't figure out what's wrong... Try another NPC as MadJawa suggested, either another reborn, or a NPC_tavion_new etc.
Page: 1 of 1