Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creating custom sabers for use in your MP server?

Page: 1 of 1
 romis138
05-01-2005, 9:23 PM
I know this is possible, but I don't know how. Which files would need to be added, etc, and are there any tutorials out and about on how you could do this?

I have cheats enabled on my private server and this is mainly for goofing around with my friends. I know the people on the server(esp. host) also have to have the saber, but what command would they type to get it after that, and how would I go about creating it?

Thanks
 razorace
05-02-2005, 1:34 AM
you mean new hilt models or just new hilt attributes?
 romis138
05-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Attributes. I just had someone named Oblivion help me out creating it, but I can't get it to work in game! Can someone help?

I editted single saber_9 to have more length and other unique attributes, but when I try to use it in game nothing happens. I'm running a dedicated server. Does the other person have to have the .pk3 as well? I tried that and it still didn't work! I made a new .pk3, too..with only the saber folder in it. Will that do? I put it in BASE.

I don't know what else I could be doing wrong. Is there something else you need to do to activate mods like this? I'm NOT running a pure server and I am allowing downloads, the person connecting also has downloads enabled.

Single saber nine would be the ninth one down on the single list, defender, right? That's what I've been trying, and nothing happens. It's driving me crazy. Is there any way to get this to work?

Do I need a special line in Target on my dedicated server shortcut, or do I need to add something to server.cfg? I know the .pk3 with the updated saber is on, too..because it's the first .pk3 that runs when I open my server.
 Ranre
05-03-2005, 3:16 AM
I have no clue, but they were dicussing the same generic type of thing on the bf 1942 forums. I think the porperty is the same, so head over there andd I think it may help.
 Durocha
05-03-2005, 5:31 AM
Attributes. I just had someone named Oblivion help me out creating it, but I can't get it to work in game! Can someone help?

That's Oblivion IXX. Heh heh, I hope you find out what you need. I haven't come up with anything.
Page: 1 of 1