Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Instant Kill Sabers

Page: 1 of 1
 NewDigger
04-29-2005, 5:15 PM
Yes, an easy to do mod, but I am only starting out. I wanted these anyway.

So... for anyone else who wants them here you are!

Download Instant Death Sabers.zip (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/12134.html)
 RevanA4
04-29-2005, 10:23 PM
not to put you down but instant death is lame and kinda boring after a while
 TheGreatXL
04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by jedigoku
not to put you down but instant death is lame and kinda boring after a while

Hi Simon Cowell, nice to see you made it to the Holowan boards. :p

Seriously though, some people go through the game 8-10 times just for the story. Some people could careless about how "easy" the gameplay is, as long as there having fun owning their opponents. Don't knock people for their opinions.

Getting back on topic though, good job on the mod.
 RevanA4
04-29-2005, 10:30 PM
off topic I got ride of instant kill in nwn and instant kill isn't bad if it is like DC 20 or something
 Glamador
04-29-2005, 10:33 PM
personally, i've played through the game twice normally (without uber-ness) and I'm just playing it thru a few more times for story aspects and influence so I just use cheats to give myself uber stength, wisdom, treat injury, awareness, everything else. I really don't see the need for an instant kill saber when with cheats (which is just as easy as a mod) can do 150-200 damage per swing!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
If you don't want them don't download them, no need to put someone down like that.
 NewDigger
04-30-2005, 3:40 AM
Originally posted by NewDigger

As I said, for anyone who wants them...
If you don't want them do not download them, and some people do like instant kill stuff.

You have an opinion, they have an opinion, no need to turn this thread into a thread of. 'I don't like insta kill.'
 ChAiNz.2da
04-30-2005, 3:54 AM
Originally posted by NewDigger
As I said, for anyone who wants them...
If you don't want them do not download them, and some people do like instant kill stuff.

You have an opinion, they have an opinion, no need to turn this thread into a thread of. 'I don't like insta kill.'
Just the fact you've taken the steps to become a modder is enough for me to say WAY TO GO! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the ranks (and the world of "no sleep" ;) ) hehehe...
 Mav
04-30-2005, 4:12 AM
I may need these sabers when the USM comes out with Sep's UBER Nihilus and Achilles and Beancounters Hardcore mods installed hehehe. It's always nice to have someone do something so that you don't have to do it yourself ;)
 Prime
04-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jmac7142
If you don't want them don't download them, no need to put someone down like that. He didn't put anyone down. Comments on mods, both for and against, are welcome here as long as they are done respectfully.
 TheGreatXL
04-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Welcome to the ranks (and the world of "no sleep" ;) ) hehehe...

Speak for yourself. ;) Without my sleep, I would get too cranky. I imagine if I was cranky while modding, all I'd churn out is darkside mods to reflect my current state. :p
 Glamador
04-30-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Prime
He didn't put anyone down. Comments on mods, both for and against, are welcome here as long as they are done respectfully.

thank you for that support Prime. I wasn't insulting anybody, I merely stated that I would not use it for I already had something (cheats) with pretty much the same effect.
 Keiko
04-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Nice Job!:cool:
 Ranis Hull
04-30-2005, 11:00 PM
jsut wanna say welcome to the ranks of us modders. welcome to the sleepless nights, head scratching, hair pulling, screaming, throwing of things in fits of rage, and long tutorial reading nights that come with being a modder.

good luck and i hope to see more from you in the fufure!!!!:D
 General Kenobi
04-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranis Hull
jsut wanna say welcome to the ranks of us modders. welcome to the sleepless nights, head scratching, hair pulling, screaming, throwing of things in fits of rage, and long tutorial reading nights that come with being a modder.

Hee hee hee ....AMEN brother :D AMEN
You know I saw this thread earlier and thought "not a good idea" but when I actually thought about it. YOUR RIGHT to my way of thinking. I mean come on, in the movies when a saber touches ANYTHING it either cuts through/ melts through whatever it touches. And one good saber hit and the enemy is MOST DEF. dead :D

In conclusion WAY TO GO ON THE MOD!!! I'll be downloadin' it :D

Keep up the good work :elephant:
 lolman
04-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Yes, an easy to do mod, but I am only starting out. I wanted these anyway.

Download Instant Death Sabers.zip (http://www.pcgamemods.com/12134/)
_________________>>>
hi, i need help with the mods, i did as you said by extracting the single and double folders into the override, now i have to write them to the cd and when i did that it didnt let me cause there was too much space

help? thanks <3
 RedHawke
04-22-2006, 12:51 AM
hi, i need help with the mods, i did as you said by extracting the single and double folders into the override, now i have to write them to the cd and when i did that it didnt let me cause there was too much space

help? thanks <3
Write to the CD??? Huh? :eyeraise:

You place the files in your KotOR installation directory in the override directory, it is usually C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override.

I hope this helps. ;)

@ Welcome to the forums! :waive1:
 lolman
04-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Write to the CD??? Huh? :eyeraise:

You place the files in your KotOR installation directory in the override directory, it is usually C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override.

I hope this helps. ;)

@ Welcome to the forums! :waive1:

ok, so you just download the file into the override and thats it?
hhaa sorry, im a noob
 RedHawke
04-22-2006, 10:18 PM
ok, so you just download the file into the override and thats it?
hhaa sorry, im a noob
Not really, you are missing a step...

Download File...
If it is a Rar or Zip file you will need to extract the mods files from the compressed Rar or Zip archive with the correct program... WinRar or WinZip.
Place the extracted files into your KotOR Override... once again, it is usually C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override.
Start New game or whatever is instructed to do so in the readme for getting the mod in the game, and enjoy.

:D
 darthmaster50
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Welcome to modding! Consider this your first step in to the joys and perils modding.
 DarthTophat
04-23-2006, 8:59 AM
Nice , simple, yet effective mod.

Perhaps you could make it only 1 hit certain enemies though, for example when fighting other npcs that also use light sabers you would dual with them before dealing the deadly blow.
 Reclaimer
04-23-2006, 2:13 PM
Nice mod. Takin' Malak down in one hit was funny.
 lolman
04-30-2006, 1:36 AM
Not really, you are missing a step...

Download File...
If it is a Rar or Zip file you will need to extract the mods files from the compressed Rar or Zip archive with the correct program... WinRar or WinZip.
Place the extracted files into your KotOR Override... once again, it is usually C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override.
Start New game or whatever is instructed to do so in the readme for getting the mod in the game, and enjoy.

:D

okokok i got it, thanks :D
one more thing
i wanna get into cheating, and it says to find the swkotor2.ini file and i cant find it...help
 mimic666
04-30-2006, 2:13 AM
The swkotor2.ini file Is here
c:\program files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2
or the TSL folder as some call it
 Master Kavar
04-30-2006, 3:59 PM
If your mod makes lightsabers into 1-hit kill weapons, doesn't it work both ways? Wont you get instantly slaughtered by every dark Jedi you run into?
 DLC
04-30-2006, 10:25 PM
why isn't this mod available?
 Darkkender
05-02-2006, 1:45 PM
If your mod makes lightsabers into 1-hit kill weapons, doesn't it work both ways? Wont you get instantly slaughtered by every dark Jedi you run into?

No because the Instant kill saber has to be cheated for. This means it is a custom uti file and will not be available as an in game asset without cheating. Since I have never used the mod I'm unsure of what the name of the UTI is however I imagine it is something like "instantkill.uti". Unless your dark jedi opponents are running around with the item titled "instantkill.uti" in there inventory as a weapon they will never use it on you. However this might make for a very effective and nasty way to make Nihilus or Sion nearly undefeatable.

@ DLC -- When this mod was released at pcgamemods was prior to them changing there format for accessing the files. Simply browse www.pcgamemods.com) kotor 1 & 2 sections under lightsabers I'm sure you will find this mod as well as at least 2-3 other mods that do the same thing. Edit by D333: dl link has fixed in the first post.
 Jasper_Kazai
05-02-2006, 2:35 PM
Hmm... Interesting. I've cheated for invulnerability (even on my first playthrough), but I think this is a bit extreme. It is realistic, I suppose.
 Demon86rjc
05-16-2006, 6:04 PM
Hello

I Wanted To Know How You Make A Lightsaber Have The Properties Of A Instant Death Saber, Cause I Want To Make Other Lightsabers Have The Same Properties?

Can Somebody Please Help Me.

Rob
 mimic666
05-17-2006, 1:14 AM
Edit the .uti of the saber, and make it have high Attack and Damage Bonuses.

Something like this.
http://two.fsphost.com/Mimic666/2006_05_17___12_38_06__85424153.bmp)
 EnderWiggin
05-17-2006, 5:17 AM
Umm...No?

Sorry Mimic, that works, but technically just makes it a high powered saber.

An "instant kill" saber is done by this feat...
http://endersmods.com/images/mimic.jpg)

_EW_
 mimic666
05-17-2006, 2:59 PM
Oh... you and me seem to be speaking of different things Ender... I haven't DLed this Insta Kill Saber... but adding a couple "Monster Damage" Attributes to the saber would probably do the same... probably... without copying this above mod (I was thinking he wanted to make this sabre of his own invention). I am wrong and you are right. Thank you for the Correction without sounding hostile.
 Demon86rjc
05-18-2006, 1:26 PM
Thank You

Whhat Program Can I Use To Open The UTI File I Downloaded A Lot Of Different Programs And I Can Find One THat Lets Me Open It Ti Edit It.

Edit 1: I Have The KotOR Tool But Where In There Is The Opiton To Edit Items.

Edit 2: Never Mind Found It Thanks.
Page: 1 of 1