Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Canderous sidequest (Jagi) *spoiler*

Page: 1 of 1
 The Distorted
04-13-2005, 11:36 AM
[spoilers]

This is really annoying me but I'm playing this game through again (5th time I think) and I've forgotten how to turn Canderous through to the light side after the Jagi encounter on Tatooine - I made him kill himself by convincing Canderous to not fight with him, and saved the game as a seperate file shortly thereafter. I then continued the game up to the point of after the Leviathan encounter and talked to him but he did not convert to the light side...
Was there some additional thing I am meant to have done with Canderous between Jagi killing himself and the Leviathan part?
Whenever I talked to him he just gave me the "This thing with Jagi...I...I don't know.........etc" line which he just says if you choose to kill Jagi instead...

It was such along time ago that I last did this that I've forgotten how...
You see I normally choose the dark path in this game, so I only converted him once before during the second time I played this game, which was straight after I completed it the first time as a dark jedi back when the game was initially released a couple of years ago...

Yeah, I know - I shouldn't always be so evil...:rolleyes: :p

*edit* - Damn, I've just seen that there is another section of the message board where this question would've been more fitting...oh well...:rolleyes:
 Jeff
04-14-2005, 7:17 PM
Originally posted by The Distorted
Yeah, I know - I shouldn't always be so evil...:rolleyes: :p

That's right you shouldn't!
 The Hidden One
04-15-2005, 9:19 AM
Jagi?:confused:
 Jeff
04-15-2005, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by The Hidden One

Yeah I don't know what or who that is either.
 RaV™
04-18-2005, 7:21 PM
Originally posted by The Hidden One

<_<, Jagi is a mandalorian who worked under Canderous during the war, and Jagi has came back being a b@stard he is, and challenges Canderous, because he claims Canderous wasn't a rightful leader during the war, and how you get this is by talking to Canderous alot, favorably after every level up or after finding a map of the forge..
 DarthVandar205
09-16-2005, 4:45 AM
Jagi appears at a spaceport *usually Koriban or Manaan* and challenges Canderous to a duel in the Dune Sea as a result of Canderous decision in the Battle of Altir where he made a choice that resulted in the deaths of many mandalorians. Jagi says if Canderous does not commit to the duel then he will go and tell the mandalorians how Canderous refused to give Jagi an honorable fight and Canderous will be forever shamed in the eyes of the Mandalorians. Basically Canderous has no choice but to face Jagi. So go with him to the dune sea and face Jagi near the Sandcrawler. Either use your high persuade *no force persuade, ol Candy doesnt like that! and youll just force Jagi to fight you that way* to convince him not to fight or attack him and kill him. If you convince him not to fight, he commits suicide. Once youve defeated Jagi or talked him out of the fight, talk to Canderous to influence his path towards the light or dark side.
 Char Ell
09-16-2005, 10:54 AM
RaV and DarthVandar pretty much covered it.

Distorted - I think you've pretty much gone thru everything the Canderous sidequest has to offer. As far as I know you don't "sway" Canderous to the light side. KotOR doesn't have an influence system like KotOR:TSL. The only character that makes an alignment change in the game is Bastila and you as the player have no control or influence on that. Other than that, all other NPC's alignment stay the same through out the game.
I have heard that if you play dark side you can get Zaalbar to kill Mission on the Unknown World, after taking out Jolee and Juhani and having Bastila rejoin your party. But I've not personally experienced this in the game so I don't know if Zaalbar goes thru an alignment change.
 Bastila
09-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I have heard that if you play dark side you can get Zaalbar to kill Mission on the Unknown World, after taking out Jolee and Juhani and having Bastila rejoin your party. But I've not personally experienced this in the game so I don't know if Zaalbar goes thru an alignment change.

Yes that works just have dominate mind force power and it works its pretty cool.
 Venom750
09-16-2005, 12:11 PM
After u do this if you take him on the star forge he attacks u for forcing him to kill Mission i was like come carpet lets fight:)
 Char Ell
09-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Bastila - OK, but does Zaalbar's DS/LS alignment change after this?

Venom750 - so much for using the spoiler tags, eh? :¬:
 Venom750
09-16-2005, 4:17 PM
oppppps sorry
 DarthVandar205
09-17-2005, 8:09 PM
On the unknown world if you go to the dark side, then you can order Zaalbar to kill Mission. I dont think he goes to the dark side because he is not really doing the killing of his own free will, hes just doing it because you manipulate him to so its not really his conscious decision. Anyways he rethinks what he did when you get to the star forge and is able to attack you and you basically have no choice but to kill him and then you dont have Zaalbar to help you get thru the star forge anymore. You also dont have Jolee/Juhani because you had to kill them on top of the temple when you went darkside and of course Carth runs off and Mission is dead so that just leaves you with Bastila, Canderous, and the droids to choose from to take with you to complete your dark side quest.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Actually, the main question was (in the way I understood it) how could you trigger that final dialogue with Canderous where he says he's going to do something else with his life.
The answer is just wait until before the Star Forge and make sure you've completed the Jagi quest.
 The Doctor
09-24-2005, 1:33 PM
I think that quest is actually incomplete. I've never been able to finish that quest, even though I met Jagi on my second planet in one file. The quest is never eliminated from my quest book. All he says is that he doesn't want to be a Mandalorian anymore (which is odd because he becomes LEADER of the Mandalorians - probably cut from TSL). He says "the clans are not what they once were..." and that he doesn't think the Mandalorians will survive (again conflicted in TSL). The quest remains in my journal.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-24-2005, 9:07 PM
Really? For me it dissapears after I get that conversation. Weird.
 The Doctor
09-25-2005, 5:32 PM
The Juhani side-quest never leaves my questbook either I meet Xor, kill him, then I can't get any further in her quest. I don't know why. It might be a misplaced file from when I installed a mod or something. I'm not that worried.
Page: 1 of 1