Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GF in Spanish

Page: 1 of 1
 ukiz
04-05-2005, 9:41 PM
someone knows how to translate it to spanish?

thanks a lot
 James Isaac
04-06-2005, 5:24 AM
Don't they sell different language versions locally? There should be some shops in Spain selling the spanish version...
 Sallim
04-06-2005, 9:32 AM
Yes there is a spanish version of Grim Fandango, maybe ebay helps you if you cant find it in a store.
 ukiz
04-06-2005, 12:18 PM
yes, but i have the english and i want to know if thereis a patch for translate
 James Isaac
04-06-2005, 2:23 PM
There isn't an official patch avaliable for this. Unfortunately you will have to buy the game again.
 Yohein
04-16-2005, 9:54 AM
I don't think there is a patch which translates from English to Spanish... but if there is, don't expect it to give you the spanish voices :(
Anyway, like a Grim Fandango ultra-fan :D I don't recommend the spanish version. The spanish dubbing is fantastic but the translation... there are some things with mistakes and some meanings are changed... a pity :(
 VampireNaomi
04-17-2005, 2:50 AM
This is a little OT, but does anyone know if GF has been dubbed into Greek?
 Ptraci
05-07-2005, 1:54 AM
Bfff... I'm currently trying to replay it (having some tech problems)but I have to say that I did not remember the bad quality of the translation. Many things don't even make sense!

Voices are great, and a big surprise considering the videogame dubbing average in Spain. At least they are worth hearing.

If I was looking for a patch it would indeed be one to revert to the original.
 Yohein
11-13-2005, 7:34 AM
Sorry for answering an old post, but I found a patch which, apparentely, translates any version of the game (including English, of course) to Spanish. Of course, it only translates the text, not the voices.

http://www.la-aventura.net/baja/traducciones/grimfandango_traduccion.zip)

I don't know if it works, but thought it could be useful for some people around here.
Page: 1 of 1