Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

.roq files

Page: 1 of 1
 kessno11
03-29-2005, 7:48 PM
I was wondering, how do you make an .roq file besides using 3ds Max? Can you take a bunch of .jpg's and put them into a folder and rename it to something? Or do you need to download a program to convert it to a special file?
 lassev
03-31-2005, 8:01 AM
The Raven roq manual, included at least in JO editing tools packet (might not be in JA sdk packet) should answer your questions pretty good.

In essence, roq is just a video format, and it's all the same how you make the source material. Raven roq compiler requires a tga image sequence (and a wave file for sound), nothing else. So, you can't make a roq in 3DS Max, but you certainly could make the source material for it.
 kessno11
03-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks lassev, I have the editing tools package and just found the .roq files tutorial!
Btw I really enjoyed your Lighthouse Mod for JO! I look forward to seeing more SP missions on JA from you.
Page: 1 of 1