Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber Crystal Expansion [REL]

Page: 1 of 1
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 9:16 PM
Update: New Version 2.0.

Includes Jetstorms updated glows below. Guess what there is even a Download Link for everybody now.

http://www.freewebs.com/darkkender/Crystal_Expansion.rar)

Authors:
Jetstorm: New saber icons and colors
Maverick187: New Single and Double saber hilts
Darkkender: Mod assembly and in game placement.

Ok this mod provides updated and improved textures of the Yellow, Orange, Gold, & Silver sabers and adds 10 new lightsaber colors all together.

Aquamarine
Bronze
Chartuse
Sky Blue
Magenta
Garnet
Pink
Lavander
Navy
Beige

And a Updated version of Darkkender's Guardian Saber with new hilts as well.

Once you enter the Ebon Hawk for the first time go to the storage compartment and there you will find a workbench labeled Darkkender's Workbench.

Compatibility:
Darkkender's Painted Droid Armor Mod
Maverick & Redhawk's Prestige Pack
Shadow Blazes Saber Pack and Odyssey saber
Envida's Ebon Hawk Storage compartment's mod
X-com's saber mod
Darkkender's Guardian Saber Mod

There may be other compatibilities however at the time of this release I cannot recall which mods. However any mod compatible with the Painted Droid armor mod remains compatible.

Consider this the readme as after uploading this I realized the readme is blank.

Just extract install to overide folder as standard.

If there are any questions to field it probably should be me as I'm the one to blame if there are problems.
 Mav
03-25-2005, 9:26 PM
I suspect that it is also compatible with RedHawke's Exile Item pack as well, just becuase I have a feeling it is ;).

Awesome job with the mod DK and Jetstorm, I'm going to get mine right now......
 Keiko
03-25-2005, 9:33 PM
Nice, DK!
 Mav
03-25-2005, 9:36 PM
DK, I just noticed, it's not a big thing, but you seem to have left an .ascii file in your .rar, more specifically: w_dblsbr_099-ascii.mdl

Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already, and maybe to let people know they can delete it as it's not necessary ;)

Great mod DK and Jetstorm!!!
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
DK, I just noticed, it's not a big thing, but you seem to have left an .ascii file in your .rar, more specifically: w_dblsbr_099-ascii.mdl

Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already, and maybe to let people know they can delete it as it's not necessary ;)

Great mod DK and Jetstorm!!!

I'm not surprised there I seemed to have missed some other minor things. Such as the readme.:p
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Good work DK, Jetstorm, and Mav! This is going in my override:D Heh I got to start working on my expansion pack again.

Glad it is compatible with mine:)
 ChAiNz.2da
03-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Excellent work guys! :thumbsup:

Not only do I have my copy, but it's .2da is added to the USM's .2da (I updated my 'compatibility mods' post in the WIP as well) :D

I've always wondered what a "Chartruse" saber would look like ;)
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Excellent work guys! :thumbsup:

Not only do I have my copy, but it's .2da is added to the USM's .2da (I updated my 'compatibility mods' post in the WIP as well) :D

I've always wondered what a "Chartruse" saber would look like ;)

Well now you know it's kinda lemon-lime colored. I think somebody should come up with a polka dot saber now.:D
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Oh slight problem that isn't that hard to fix. One of my sabers has the same uti filename as one in this mod. I believe it is g_w_lghtsbr28 same with the model variation. Just thought I would post this so that anyone who has my mod can fix it.

EDIT: Ack that means scripts too! Yikes! Well guess I am going to get a little "crash course" in editing scripts.
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Blaze
Oh slight problem that isn't that hard to fix. One of my sabers has the same uti filename as one in this mod. I believe it is g_w_lghtsbr28 same with the model variation. Just thought I would post this so that anyone who has my mod can fix it.

:p I can't say nobody was warned. As I've posted a few times I was using the entire 20's block for this mod.:D However I did miss this in the upcrystals.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-25-2005, 10:40 PM
may want to write this in your comments over at PCGM as well. Some of the PCGM users don't frequently come here... blasphemy. Plus, since both the mod's .2da are added to the USM, it'll help users know which line they can change depending on what model # they decide to use :)
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Well like I said most of it is an easy fix. Except for the little script... Anyways I have most of it fixed so it is now compatible. I must have missed those posts about the 20's block.

Good mod though! Keep it up DK!
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I guess I can play nice and just fix it instead.:rolleyes: But yes I've posted a comment.
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
may want to write this in your comments over at PCGM as well. Some of the PCGM users don't frequently come here... blasphemy. Plus, since both the mod's .2da are added to the USM, it'll help users know which line they can change depending on what model # they decide to use :)

Heh I can't do that since PCGM is still on the fritz and can't edit comments or add screenshots... But maybe T7 will see this post and fix it.
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Give me about a 1/2 hour and I'll post a fix up at pcgamemods guys.
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Give me about a 1/2 hour and I'll post a fix up at pcgamemods guys.

Thanks DK! Heh these sabers look great though:thumbsup:
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Alright I've finished the update and I'm working on uploading now.
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Heh I just hope you don't use any model variations from 30-36.
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Heh I just hope you don't use any model variations from 30-36.

I used 30 after I looked at your sabers and they started at 31. That and it is already uploaded.
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah I forgot only the doublesaber uses model 30 not the other sabers. So as long as 30 for the double saber isn't used it should be fine.

EDIT: Hmm looks like it is oh well now it is an even more simple fix so I wouldn't worry about it. But if you get ambitious later than you can always change the model to 36 which I haven't used.
 Darkkender
03-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah I forgot only the doublesaber uses model 30 not the other sabers. So as long as 30 for the double saber isn't used it should be fine.

EDIT: Hmm looks like it is oh well now it is an even more simple fix so I wouldn't worry about it. But if you get ambitious later than you can always change the model to 36 which I haven't used.

I feel a groan coming on. I changed all of the sabers to use the same model number. I really hate bouncing numbers. I like evrything to match. Something the devs of TSL couldn't be bothered with. I guess they aren't the only ones then right.:p
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Heh I wouldn't blame you for the groan lol. I like everything to match too but usually reasons for them not matching are understandable like this time.
 RedHawke
03-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Nice work guys! :D
Originally posted by Darkkender
I think somebody should come up with a polka dot saber now.:D
No DK... A plaid saber would be way better! :p
 Shadow Blaze
03-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke

I'M GONNA MAKE ONE! Seriously that just sounds like fun! Just wait in a week or two there will be one by me lol. Hopefully it can be done...
 RebelScum!
03-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Great mod!!

btw I messed up my wrist so it hurts to type. Won't be responding that much.
 Darkkender
03-26-2005, 1:04 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke

Well If somebody does a Plaid they should do a Red and black plaid, and a Blue and Black Plaid.:D
 Shadow Blaze
03-26-2005, 1:09 AM
Gee well I suppose that was a big hint lol. I'm doing a red and white one and working on it now lol.

But I suppose I could change it to red and black.
 Shadow Blaze
03-26-2005, 2:01 AM
Guess plaid is out... Oh well back on topic great mod DK and everyone else hope to see more of these types in the future.
 Darkkender
03-26-2005, 4:13 AM
Darn and Here I was hoping for a plaid colored lightsaber blade.:D
 Beyt
03-26-2005, 10:35 AM
:3heart: Love the sabers! Nice work.
 Jetstorm
07-24-2006, 2:07 PM
Well, it sure has been a long time.

I decided to poke my head back in so that I can give an update to this mod. I have revised the saber blade colors. The colors are brilliant, easier to tell apart, and have a thinner beam. You can download the patch below. Enjoy! :slsaber:

Improved Glows (http://www.isacommand.homeip.net/temp/improvedglows.zip)
 ajikan
07-24-2006, 10:37 PM
darkkender....where is the download link for this mod? didnt see it in your post.
 Darkkender
07-25-2006, 1:23 AM
darkkender....where is the download link for this mod? didnt see it in your post.

Wow I'm surprised I didn't have one. The download location is from pcgamemods. However I'm not sure if people can retrieve this mod from the cache there or not. However I'm going to download Jetstorms updated glows and add it to the original archive if I can find it and upload the mod to my site. After I upload the updated version I'll post a link here.
 doomsayerkevin
04-01-2007, 6:16 PM
Is there an alternate download location for this? The freewebs account's bandwidth seems to have been exceeded.
 Eefluxx
04-01-2007, 7:55 PM
I owuld also like to know if there is an alternate download location for this :)
 RedHawke
04-02-2007, 11:22 PM
The link just worked for me, perhaps you need to try again. ;)
 Eefluxx
04-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Once again Thank you ReHawke, I just tried the link again and it worked for me this time :)
 2Cold Scorpio
04-12-2007, 7:37 PM
I installed this after having USM installed, so I kept USM's upcrystals.2da instead (since the readme said they're compatible). I loaded up a savegame from the Telos Acadamy. When I left, the following cutscenes played as normal, but when they ended, the game had Handmaiden in my party WHILE ON THE EBON HAWK; she wasn't in the cargo hold, and Bao-Dur wasn't in the garage. The workbench for this mod DID appear in the Hold, but items I created wouldn't be added to my inventory (despite using my components...). I tried going to another planet with Bao-Dur & Handmaiden; that worked fine, but when I re-boarded, Handmaiden wasn't in my party on the Hawk anymore (whew!), but she was nowhere to be found (and Bao-Dur still wasn't either). Note that Atton, T3, and Kreai were always in their proper places, and the deactivated HK-47 was still in his compartment.

Even stranger was that when Handmaiden was in my 'party' on the Hawk, and I followed the dialog options to spar with her, we respawned in the Hold, but the door was locked!

I uninstalled the mod, and were able to play through the next sequences as normal. I saved again right after touching down on Nar Shadda to be sure I was away from Telos' surface. Visas even spawned as she should afterwards.

So my question is do you need to start a new game to use this mod, did I just pick a bad place to install it, or did I install something wrong? Note I installed EVERY file EXCEPT upcrystals.2da because I was already using USM's (I have not modified it, either, unlike the globalcat.2da file, but everything concerning USM seems to work fine with my other mods thus far). No old files were overwritten, either...I'm a bit confused. DO I need to start a new game (knowing it would take about 5 hours before I knew whether it worked)? Help! It would be appriciated.
Page: 1 of 1